Washington Redskins

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Washington Redskins

Post by War Wagon »

I can't believe the ongoing fuss about this. I guess some people have nothing better to do than find things to be PC and/or offended about.

What a crock of shit.

Never mind the "tradition" of the team nic, that's not what it's really about. Why would any sane person decide to name their team after a derogatory term? That's right, they would not. Rather than being offensive, it should be taken as a term of endearment, of honor, towards native Americans.

Rack Dan Snyder for sticking to his guns and fuck all the hand wringers.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Washington Redskins

Post by smackaholic »

the only part of this that pisses me off is the government just making shit up about trademark law. I am fairly sure the skins will win that one in court.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The only people offended by Redskins are people who would throw a party if an expansion team came along and called it's self the Los Angeles Butt Plugs.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

The next WNBA team that gets renamed after another failure will be called the Rainbows..bank on it
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote: Never mind the "tradition" of the team nic, that's not what it's really about. Why would any sane person decide to name their team after a derogatory term? That's right, they would not. Rather than being offensive, it should be taken as a term of endearment, of honor, towards native Americans.
I laffed, hard. You really are that stupid.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... d7fb768bb7

“We don’t have a problem with [the name] at all; in fact we’re honored. We’re quite honored.”

As the eldest member of his blood line, Dodson represents more than 700 remaining tribe members and talked to Redskins Nation about the positive power of the Redskins’ name.

“It’s actually a term of endearment that we would refer to each other as,” he explained. “When we were on the reservation, we would call each other, ‘Hey, what’s up redskin?’ We would nickname it just ‘skins.’”

LOL

Very much what we have going on today.

Replace redskin with ni66er and you've got 2014.

The Atlanta Ni66ers!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Btw, is Yankees now going to be done away with?

Word Origin & History

Yankee
1683, a name applied disparagingly by Du. settlers in New Amsterdam (New York) to English colonists in neighboring Connecticut. It may be from Du. Janke, lit. "Little John," dim. of common personal name Jan; or it may be from Jan Kes familiar form of "John Cornelius," or perhaps an alt. of Jan Kees,

World English Dictionary
Yankee or ( informal ) Yank (ˈjæŋkɪ)
— n
1. derogatory often a native or inhabitant of the US; American

Stop the friggin' madness, already. :meds:

They've been the Redskins for 80 years, or something like that.

Who gives a damn?

Morons.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I laffed, hard. You really are that stupid.
Coming from you, that can only be taken as a merit badge.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

War Wagon wrote: I guess some people have nothing better to do than find things to be PC and/or offended about.
What would that have to be called for you to be offended?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

poptart wrote:The only people offended by Redskins are people who would throw a party if an expansion team came along and called it's self the Los Angeles Butt Plugs.
We already have the Green Bay Packers. Close enough.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Moving Sale wrote:
War Wagon wrote: I guess some people have nothing better to do than find things to be PC and/or offended about.
What would that have to be called for you to be offended?
After being on these boards for awhile I don't think anything offends me anymore, as a matter of fact I suggest we offer a whole bunch of Native Americans the welcome mat here at T1B. It wouldn't be long before they would be pleading to just be called a Redskin.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

"At least I'm not AP"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Did Wags really just bust out "they should be flattered that we call them by a derogatory term," or something to that effect?

Did I really just read that?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Moving Sale wrote:What would that have to be called for you to be offended?
This is honestly a good question. I can’t think of a single word that offends me. I also don’t search out words and tell other people that they should be offended by them. The only one that really pisses me off is retard, when it is used in a derogatory way. I wouldn’t say that it offends me, but it pisses me off that someone would use a term that is derogatory towards a group of people that most of the time cannot defend themselves.

I admit that I have never been on the receiving end of any truly hateful words that actually carried any weight because I am a straight, white male. But to answer your question, there isn’t a word or words that can offend me.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian wrote:The only one that really pisses me off is retard, when it is used in a derogatory way. I wouldn’t say that it offends me, but it pisses me off that someone would use a term that is derogatory towards a group of people that most of the time cannot defend themselves.
Does this include all derivatives, such as libtard, progtard, conservatard, moptard, etc? Just curious.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Killian wrote:there isn’t a word or words that can offend me.
Same here.

I'd have thought "till death do us part" would probably send you into a full panic...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Killian wrote:The only one that really pisses me off is retard, when it is used in a derogatory way. I wouldn’t say that it offends me, but it pisses me off that someone would use a term that is derogatory towards a group of people that most of the time cannot defend themselves.
Does this include all derivatives, such as libtard, progtard, conservatard, moptard, etc? Just curious.
Yeah. Don't like them, don't use them. Can't say I've never used them, but I don't use them today. I think the slang use of the word 'tard' and all it's derivatives are awful. Call a guy a niqqer, kike, spic, fag, chink, etc. to their face, and you typically have to face some sort of retribution, be it physical or verbal. Plus, many times the person who had the insult hurled at them can size up the person saying it, realize that it was just a word that was trying to inflict harm, and casually laugh it off. Call someone with down syndrome a retard, and you basically just wounded another human being to their core and they have no way to come back against you. Many times they also lack the ability to realize that the person saying that word isn't worth feeling bad over. Doesn't seem very fair to me.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Yeah. Don't like them, don't use them. Can't say I've never used them, but I don't use them today. I think the slang use of the word 'tard' and all it's derivatives are awful. Call a guy a niqqer, kike, spic, fag, chink, etc. to their face, and you typically have to face some sort of retribution, be it physical or verbal. Plus, many times the person who had the insult hurled at them can size up the person saying it, realize that it was just a word that was trying to inflict harm, and casually laugh it off. Call someone with down syndrome a retard, and you basically just wounded another human being to their core and they have no way to come back against you. Many times they also lack the ability to realize that the person saying that word isn't worth feeling bad over. Doesn't seem very fair to me.
OK. Despite his avatar, I didn't realize suckaholic actually suffered from Down's Syndrome. I'll try to be more careful.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Goober McTuber wrote:
OK. Despite his avatar, I didn't realize suckaholic actually suffered from Down's Syndrome. I'll try to be more careful.

The term "suffered" has been applied with a degree of objectivity in his case, I believe...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
I'd have thought "till death do us part" would probably send you into a full panic...
They're just words. WGAF?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Did anyone else think that New York Jews hat looked pretty sweet?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Wait...that's not a real team?

:?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Killian wrote:
I admit that I have never been on the receiving end of any truly hateful words that actually carried any weight because I am a straight, white male. But to answer your question, there isn’t a word or words that can offend me.
Ok cracker ass mother fucker. That is what they all say " I am a straight, white male.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:Did Wags really just bust out "they should be flattered that we call them by a derogatory term," or something to that effect?

Did I really just read that?
No, that's not what I wrote or anything remotely close to that effect. My take was crystal clear that anybody above the mental midget level of Screwed could easily comprehend so it should require no further explanation. Or you could read 'tarts response, which expound upon that further.

Not that this makes any difference to the discussion but my wifes' mother (RIP) was half Cherokee. My wife and daughter are proud of that heritage and so am I. Neither of them see a team using the nic "redskins" as being derogatory. Some feel differently, obviously, thus all the fuss. That's their personal problem and they need to get the fuck over it.

But the bottom line is that no team, now or 100 years ago, would call their team a name they thought was in any way derogatory. That would be counter productive.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote: But the bottom line is that no team, now or 100 years ago, would call their team a name they thought was in any way derogatory. That would be counter productive.
I'm sorry, how do you know that? At what level of education did you learn about race relations in the early 1900s?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw, assuming you could start a new MLS franchise, would you name them the DC Jizzmoppers?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

My 14 month old twin grand daughters are 1/4 Tuscarora(Iroqouis). I asked them about it. One said "goo goo", the other said "ga ga." I guess that settles it.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

War Wagon wrote: But the bottom line is that no team, now or 100 years ago, would call their team a name they thought was in any way derogatory. That would be counter productive.
Brilliant take dipshit

Sin,
Sambo comics from 100 years ago
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Just so we are clear why he changed the name in the first place.

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2014/05 ... americans/
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon wrote:That's their personal problem and they need to get the fuck over it.
Yes, obviously.

If a newspaper calls it's self The New York Daily Jews, and poptart doesn't like it, poptart doesn't buy it.

If Redskins bothers you, don't watch it, don't support it, don't care about it.

THE END.

In the meantime, go suck on a pacifier and leave the rest of the adult world alone.

Juvenile wackjobs.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

R-Jack wrote:
Brilliant take dipshit

Sin,
Sambo comics from 100 years ago
You're comparing an NFL franchise with a comic strip?

Your reach exceeds your grasp. What's happened to you? You're not the same. Divorce not treating you well I reckon.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Moving Sale wrote:Just so we are clear why he changed the name in the first place.

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2014/05 ... americans/

From the Comments section in your link:

The solution is really simple. Florida State University is famous for being the Seminoles. They license the name from the tribe, support scholarships, and both sides benefit.

The Washington team needs to partner with the Patawomeck tribe of Virginia. Also known as the Potomacs. The Washington Potomacs. Change the logo slightly so the warrior is wearing wild turkey feathers and you're done. Makes even more sense when you remember that the Potomac River (named for the tribe) runs on one side of D.C.

Problem solved. For my next trick, I'll get Boston basketball fans to pronounce "Celtic" correctly.

Sounds about right.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

poptart wrote: If Redskins bothers you, don't watch it, don't support it.
That is not how trademark law works.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

In other news...

...you guys missed out on some great soccer today.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:In other news...

...you guys missed out on some great soccer today.
Maybe but I saw most of Mexico Croatia.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Moving Sale wrote:I saw most of Mexico Croatia.
Sounds like the screen name of a midget porn star...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

And a hot one at that.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:If Redskins bothers you, don't watch it, don't support it.
Moving Bowel wrote:That is not how trademark law works.
Go piss up a rope.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

poptart wrote:
poptart wrote:If Redskins bothers you, don't watch it, don't support it.
Moving Bowel wrote:That is not how trademark law works.
Go piss up a rope.
So you don't care about US law. Nice post commie.