Humphrey's Season on Sale Saturday

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Humphrey's Season on Sale Saturday

Post by Mikey »

Pretty decent venue for outdoor music in the summer. We've been going there off and on for almost 30 years. Right on the water, only 1,400 seats. People crowd up in their boats to get a free show from the bay.
The tiny plastic seats suck, but that's about the only con about this place (except maybe the prices).

Last year we splurged for the first time on a room package - dinner for two at the restaurant (very good food) a room at the resort and two tickets in the first three rows.
Bought that package for Steely Dan last year. It was pretty steep but we actually faced the stage from our room balcony, the show was incredible, and was worth every penny for a "once a year blow a grand on a weekend" splurge.

So...I'll be on line again this Saturday at 10:00 a.m. reserving my SD room package.

Thinking about doing some others as well - just the shows, not the rooms.

Thinking about:
Lyle Lovett
Yes
Gipsy Kings

Would see RatDog in a minute but I'll be out of town that weekend. :evil:

http://www.humphreysconcerts.com/schedule_glance.cfm
Mikey

Re: Humphrey's Season on Sale Saturday

Post by Mikey »

Saw Los Lonely Boys at Humphrey's a couple of years ago. They opened for Los Lobos, which was the reason I went. Los Lonely Boys were really very good and the bands combined at the end of both sets,which was great.

Seen some great shows there in the past few years, including Tedeschi-Trucks, Return to Forever (Zappa Plays Zappa opened). Steely Dan last year was epic. I think this is the smallest venue they play, hence the steep prices (supply and demand...).
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Believe it or not, I've never seen Ratdog. He rarely seems to venture far from California. Comes and does a show in Jacksonville (suburb of Medford, big amphitheater, way down south from me), and occasionally makes it to Eugene (the 2nd most played city by the Dead, after San Fran), but never seems to come to Portland.

I'll make it one of these days.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Never seen them either, though I would like to.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I saw Ratdog way back in 1996.
7/4/1996 Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, Darien Center, NY

Walkin Blues, City Girls, Fever, K.C. Moan, I'm Goin Fishin, I Know You Rider, When I Paint My Masterpiece*, Little Red Rooster*, Victim or the Crime > Bass > Throwing Stones*
*-with Bruce Hornsby (Keys)

First ''I'm Goin Fishin''
(Furthur Festival)
A nice show. The day also included Hot Tuna, Mickey Hart's Mystery Box and Bruce Hornsby and some other bands I don't remember right now.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Eugene (the 2nd most played city by the Dead, after San Fran)
Not even close. Dead Base shows 21 shows played in Eugene. Meanwhile Madison Square Garden comes in with 56 shows, the Spectrum has 53 and even tiny little Hartford has 21 shows.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dins must be lumping all the Bay Area into "San Fran" because there were a lot of shows in Berserkley and Oakland. Also Shoreline in Mountain View. Too bad I was long gone by the time that venue came into being.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: K.C. Moan
I'll take "what it's like to be a Chiefs fan" for $200, Alex.