Big 10/ACC Challenge

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Big 10/ACC Challenge

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Welp, it's that time of year again. Figured I would keep the tradition of this thread going for all two people who care.

Tuesday
Indiana at Syracuse - Tough draw for IU. Not sure any team lost more from last year than the Hoosiers. On top of that, they have to go to the Carrier Dome and play a top 5 team.

Illinois at Georgia Tech - Illini should have enough talent to get past a Ga Tech that has already lost three games.

Penn State at Pitt - Not much to debate here.

Michigan at Duke - Duke has not been very impressive outside of Hood and Parker, but they have the best home court cookin' in college basketball. Sup Vermont?

Notre Dame at Iowa - The Hawkeyes are pretty deep and like to get up and down the court. Mike Brey doesn't normally test his teams on the road, so they won't be ready to handle Iowa.

Florida State at Minnesota - Tough match up to call. The Barn is a tough place to play, especially for the unfamiliar, but Minny is still figuring things out with Pitino Jr. at the controls. I'll take FSU as they have more size and talent at this point.

Wednesday
Maryland at Ohio State - Buckeyes got a favorable draw here. They probably should've paired OSU with Syracuse and Indiana with Maryland.

Wisconsin at Virginia - This will be one ugly-ass, slow-paced game, but I like Wisky to grind out the W.

Northwestern at NC State - Two blah teams. I'll take NCSU at home.

Boston College at Purdue - Same logic as above.

North Carolina at Michigan State - Ol Roy Boy has had MSU's number, but I like the Spartans at home in this one. UNC is a weird team though, not sure which one will show up. The one that beat Louisville by double digits or the one that lost to Belmont and UAB?

Miami at Nebraska - If anybody lost as much or more than IU did, it's Miami. Nebraska is not good, but they're scrappy, and they'll want to show well in their new arena.

Big Ten 7-5
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Big 10/ACC Challenge

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wisconsin at Virginia - This will be one ugly-ass, slow-paced game, but I like Wisky to grind out the W.
You have obviously not watched a minute of Wisky basketball this year, you tedious fucking hack.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: You have obviously not watched a minute of Wisky basketball this year, you tedious fucking hack.
What's the point? They're one and done when it matters anyway, pindick. Stick to takes about your shit hockey program.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: You have obviously not watched a minute of Wisky basketball this year, you tedious fucking hack.
What's the point? They're one and done when it matters anyway, pindick. Stick to takes about your shit hockey program.
And Kalamazoo Tech has won what? Ever? Choke on your old lady's marblebag, you vacuous douchenozzle.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wisconsin = the Yankees of college hockey. At least the Goofers win. Wisky just flushes money down the toilet.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Wisconsin = the Yankees of college hockey.
We don't have 27 championships yet, but we'll get there. As soon as Eaves moves on.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Wisky just flushes money down the toilet.
BTW, hockey helps support many non-revenue sports at Wisconsin, you fucking moron.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wisconsin at Virginia - This will be one ugly-ass, slow-paced game, but I like Wisky to grind out the W.
You have obviously not watched a minute of Wisky basketball this year, you tedious fucking hack.
Yes, I have. It's Bo Ball, same as it is every year. What, are you trying to say they suddenly turned into the Runnin' Rebels? :lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Never suggested that they were running and gunning. But if you honestly don’t see the difference between this year’s Wisky team and past Bo Ryan teams, you either haven’t watched much of them this year, or you are a fucking moron. Your choice.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Break it down for me, Bilas. What are they doing differently?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Bo recognized that he had more talent and athleticism this year, and when the opportunity presents itself they will actually fast break. They are averaging almost 20% more ppg this year and doing it against a decidedly tougher than normal early season schedule.

With any luck at all, Bo will make your bitter midget of a coach cry again.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, I agree you've got a significant talent upgrade, now that those piles of shit Ryan Evans and Bozo the Clown are gone.
Goober McTuber wrote:With any luck at all
I'm glad you can recognize that's your key to winning.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

We have the same number of losses as Sparty, with the same number of ranked opponents. One of the ESPN honks has said Wisky is a Final Four team. Suck it, Spartard.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:One of the ESPN honks has said Wisky is a Final Four team.
Well, there you have it. :lol:

Some ESPN hack said Wisky is a Final Four team... you might as well book your ticket to Dallas.

Baby steps. Just try getting out of the first weekend this year, and stop embarrassing the B1G, mmkay?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Based on talent, Wisconsin has overachieved pretty much every season since Bo got here. He's never finished below 4th in the conference. He's only been bounced in the first round of the NCAAs once, and made Sweet Sixteen 2 of the last 3 years.

Since Bo has been at Wisconsin, he's won the Big 10 regular season championship 3 times, and the tournament chapionship twice. Over the same time frame, Izzo has 3 and 1. And Izzo is at a basketball school, with a tremendous supply of local talent. I'm not feeling all that embarrassed, Corky.

Yeah the comment about the ESPN hack was a bit tongue in cheek. Guess I should have explained that for you. :lol:

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Based on talent, Wisconsin has overachieved pretty much every season since Bo got here.
Bullshit. How many lower seeds has Wisky lost to in the tournament? And double-digit seeds at that. That isn't overachieving.

If you're just basing that take on recruiting rankings, I don't put any stock into that bullshit, and you shouldn't either.
He's never finished below 4th in the conference.
Congratulations. Let me know when they start handing out trophies for not finishing in the bottom 2/3rds of the league.
He's only been bounced in the first round of the NCAAs once
Twice.
and made Sweet Sixteen 2 of the last 3 years.
That's grounds for suicide 'round these parts. Yeah, it's been rough lately.
And Izzo is at a basketball school
He built it into a basketball school.
with a tremendous supply of local talent.
Izzo has his footprint all over the midwest. Gary Harris is from Fishers, IN. Branden Dawson is from Gary, IN. Adreian Payne is from Dayton, OH. He has pipelines in Chicago. If the Detroit talent well dried up tomorrow, Izzo would manage just fine. See, when you build a nationally relevant program that kids want to play for, and a system that's fun to play within, you aren't just relegated to local talent. Bo should look into that concept.

Anyway, do you have a take on The Challenge, or are you just gonna troll my thread like usual?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:He's only been bounced in the first round of the NCAAs once
Twice.
2006 and ?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:And Izzo is at a basketball school
He built it into a basketball school.
Yeah, Jud Heathcoate had nothing to do with that.

Face it, in recent years Bo has been every bit as successful as Izzo, and with much less talent.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
He didn't, idiot. Face it, Jud won a title in 79 and basically did a whole lotta nothing after that. Go back to your miserable sports existence, the pimple on the ass of championships.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:2006 and ?
I'll rephrase since you're trying not-so-cleverly to skate by on a technicality.

You lost to the first team you played in 2006.
You lost to the first team you played in 2013...to a 12 seed.
MSU was mostly a middling Big 10 team under Heathcote post-Magic Johnson. Izzo took the program to another level, and has kept it there.
Face it, in recent years Bo has been every bit as successful as Izzo, and with much less talent.
So much BODE that he hasn't beaten Izzo once in his last five tries.

Look, Bo has built a cute little program. I even root for them in the tourney each year knowing that it's fruitless. But he's not in Izzo's class. Sorry, broseph. Nobody would agree with you outside of Badger Fanboys.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: BTW, hockey helps support many non-revenue sports at Wisconsin, you fucking moron.
Got any proof?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

My how time flies when you're having fun. Syracuse put Indiana away easily 89-52. No Bobby Bob Knight, no Keith Smart, Jim B. still on the Orangemen's bench. This old fan is loving it.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: BTW, hockey helps support many non-revenue sports at Wisconsin, you fucking moron.
Got any proof?
http://www.gopherpucklive.com/index.php ... l&id=11205

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

4-2 ACC after the first wave of games. I think the B1G has the match ups strongly in their favor today though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wow, way to step up to the plate, Gobbles. Incredible that Notre Dame lost $2.3 million in 2010. This was when they were still in the Joyce Center.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Shit, does a Maryland victory count as a win for the B1G? I'm so confused.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Wow, way to step up to the plate, Gobbles. Incredible that Notre Dame lost $2.3 million in 2010. This was when they were still in the Joyce Center.
Can't help it if you're serving up meatballs. If you're looking for Kalamazoo Tech, you'll want to start at the bottom of the list.

In in the interest of fairness, I will admit that Badger women's hockey lost more than the men's team made.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: Can't help it if you're serving up meatballs. If you're looking for Kalamazoo Tech, you'll want to start at the bottom of the list.

In in the interest of fairness, I will admit that Badger women's hockey lost more than the men's team made.
I hope you realize those numbers aren't close to 100% accurate. Beyond normal accounting tricks, if you're head wasn't shoved so far up your ass you'd realize that private schools don't make those types of figures available, so now I completely doubt that ND figure. Only public schools are required by law to provide those figures when asked. I think those figures might be a good starting point, but they aren't close to being 100 percent accurate.

I will admit that you are probably right that the UW men's team makes money. Consistently filling 15k arena will do that.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Not surprised by Duke over Michigan...Wolverines are still trying to find out what they are post-Trey. Good collective of talent but you don't know their identity is so far. Parker is a beast.

Sparty played like ass last night. Closed the gap at the half and then came in the second half and played a dumb half...terrible shot selection for stretches. Nice feather in the cap for the Heels...a win in Breslin will be hard to come by this season.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I will admit that you are probably right
This is a good starting point for the rest of your life.

Nice job earning the tie, Sparty.

And Magoo was 75% on his picks. Not bad.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ugly ass effort by the Spartans last night, and the loss prevented the B1G from winning. Ugh. Pretty much got shellacked in all phases by a team that just has their number for some ungodly reason. Only guy that showed any heart or intensity was Costello...who played limited minutes due to the flu. Go fucking figure.

At least I was right about one thing:
Wisconsin at Virginia - This will be one ugly-ass, slow-paced game, but I like Wisky to grind out the W.
86 total points scored. Dan Shulman even referred to the game as a "dumpster fire." LOL. But, hey, the Badgers took care of business, so props. I look forward to the first meeting between the two and the 6th consecutive win over Bo.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Badgers had to play against Dick Bennett, Jr. I was not at all unhappy with what I saw. When they had the opportunity, Wisky pushed the ball up the floor and took the first reasonably good shot. When Virginia had time to set up that defense, it was tough to get good shots.

That’s the way a Bennett-coached team plays, and that’s why Bennett the Elder had some success at Wisky with inferior talent. I was pleased that the Badgers didn’t get frustrated and simply answered with some pretty tough defense themselves. But that is NOT your father’s Bo Ryan Badgers.

Sorry to see we’re only scheduled to play Sparty once, and that is at the Kohl Center. I don’t mind if you guys win that one, as long as we win #2 and #3.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh, and the ESPN announcers (was it some cunt and Tirico two cunts) both were quite taken with the Wisky team.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Badgers had to play against Dick Bennett, Jr.
I was aware of that, hence the reason I knew this game would be "ugly-assed & slow-paced."

Not bad for a "tedious fucking hack" if I do say so myself.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bwahah, Gobbles gets pwned like a little bitch, par for the course, I guess.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

In your mind. But keep waving those pom-poms, Nancy.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i sort of miss Shine's usual homer post here. always to be disappointed.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"