2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Furd going down... in the Wasatch Mountains

Post by M2 »

Bwhahahhahahahahaha!!!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: Furd going down... in the Wasatch Mountains

Post by M2 »

Papa Willie wrote:Holy shit - is it over? I don't have it on TV here, turned it on GameCast on ESPN, and it looked like the Tree fuckers were on the 6 with a 4th & 2 and failed?

http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/213763/2/wa ... -utah.html

Yes, and...

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

OK I'm ready to admit it.

Most overrated team in the country, until now = Stanford

Worst in-game coaching I have ever seen. It almost fucked them last week and really fucked them this time.

Utah ran various versions of the same swing pass / wide receiver screen over and over and over and Stanford never had a way to stop it. After Washington did the same thing all day last Saturday you'd think they would at least work on it.

Worst of all, the offensive play calling has been worse than atrocious. Predictable most of the time, stupid when not predictable. In position to win the game after running most of the final 8 minutes off the clock they had 3rd and 2 on the 6 yard line with a minute and a half to go. All they had to do was run it once or twice behind their big, bad offensive line, get a first down on the 3 or 4 and then punch it in. What did they do? Throw two really awful incompletes in the end zone.

WTF? Who does Stanford miss more than anybody from last season. It's obvious - Pep Hamilton.

Laugh all you want M2. It's all you've got besides one of the worst teams in the country. I'll be surprised at this point if Stanford beats either UCLA or Oregon but they'll still kick Kal's ass by 30 or more.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The Indians were obviously looking ahead to their big challenge next week. Hopefully, Bruins don't make same mistake.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Mikey wrote:Laugh all you want M2. It's all you've got besides one of the worst teams in the country. I'll be surprised at this point if Stanford beats either UCLA or Oregon but they'll still kick Kal's ass by 30 or more.

Shut the fuck up... and lay back, relax and enjoy it like the rest of us.

I certainly am.

The PAC 12 Network crew is giddy, even they hate Furd as much as everyone else does.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The Seer wrote: Hopefully, Bruins don't make same mistake.

Your copycat asses... are constantly making mistakes

Not to mention... the brilliant strategy of having your "home" stadium be 25 miles away (and actually closer to your rival)

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Utah ran various versions of the same swing pass / wide receiver screen over and over and over and Stanford never had a way to stop it. After Washington did the same thing all day last Saturday you'd think they would at least work on it.
For the last couplefew weeks, the local CFB TV analysts (OK, they're all former Ducks), have been looking ahead to Furd. They all seemed to think Tree doesn't have the same speed on the outsides of the D that they've enjoyed in years past, which would make it tough for them to hang with Oregon. I think they were right -- barely could keep up with UDub on the outsides, and apparently couldn't keep up with Utah out there. I think the writing on the wall is telling the story of how Oregon is going to abuse that weakness. I'm sure Shaw will work on it, but you can't coach speed.

And yeah, the PAC is the Meat Grinder West. Besides Cal and Colorado, anyone can have a good game and beat just about anybody. Stanford is still good, despite yesterday, UDub is better than most, and don't blink against Hundley & Co. USC has a Jeckyl/Hyde thing going, Utah has some players, and OSU (they're back to "OSU" after being "OS" for a few years) and Wazzu will drop 500 yards of passing on you if you're not careful. Definitely not a cakewalk through the CoC these days.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Furds looking at a 3-4 loss season...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:So, since your Bears are looking at a 2 win year, you get your jollies hoping that another school loses 3 or 4 games?
It's all he's got left, bro.

Just let him have this...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

For Kal to get to 2 wins, it's going to take beating an actual FBS team.

Which one? Kals got some guns on offense, and no defense whatsoever. Not sure they'll have enough in the tank to get past Colorado (I think they play Colorado, anyway).

Can't really see them beating anyone else in-conference.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:Not sure they'll have enough in the tank to get past Colorado
That might be the saddest sentence I've ever read in this forum (sorry mike).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hey, besides only having one really good player (may be the best player in the country), Colorado is at least a very scrappy bunch.

Playing really hard whistle-to-whistle can make up for a lack of talent.

And CU is improving -- Kalio seems to be heading the other direction (still).