Big XII fans are upset this afternoon

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Big XII fans are upset this afternoon

Post by Left Seater »

Because Texas has fired defensive coordinator Manny Diaz. Last season the Texas defense allowed over 400 yards per game. Yesterday they gave up 550 yards rushing to BYU.

Rumor has it that Manny was notified of his termination upon arriving back in AAustin last night. If true he had to have been on the hot seat for some time.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Big XII fans are upset this afternoon

Post by Carson »

I hear Gene Chizik is available. :mrgreen:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So they panic and can this guy only to sweep up...

Greg Robinson?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That guy's defenses were the laughing stock of the Big Ten, and routinely ranked close to dead last nationally. This is a guy who waves teddy bears in the faces of his players when they do something good. No, I'm not kidding.

I would be worried, UT fans. Very worried.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Robinson is a decent enough guy but the game has passed him by. Is Scott Shafer available?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Robinson had been the DC at Texas back when they played Mich in the Rose Bowl.

He was already on the Texas staff this season as a defensive assistant. I don't think they looked outside of the program and just named him to finish the season.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

WolverineSteve wrote:Robinson is a decent enough guy but the game has passed him by. Is Scott Shafer available?
Syracuse won't fire Shafer right away. He's got a year before the seat warms up.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Robinson was hired as a "review" coach. He was being paid $60K to review game tape. He knows the team and the coaches and was brought in to teach simple things like......I don't know......how to fucking tackle. How to maintain gap integrity.....how to follow a game plan and not be such a 4* pussy.

End of the day, they are soft. The got the shit kicked out of them by BY fucking U. I think Mack knows he is done. Just a matter of time before we have a real program again.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote: I think Mack knows he is done. Just a matter of time before we have a real program again.
you mean like how awesome you were before Mack? that 30 year stretch of wandering in the desert back to DKR? that real program? cool.

I never understood how every time i saw UT the announcers would just go on and on about how great Manny Diaz was.....and meanwhile in Dallas OU is scoring 50+ on the guy. one dimensional OU offenses that struggle against any real or semi-real front 7.

Greg Robinson had a nice year as UT's DC in 04 maybe. of course, i could have coached Derrick Johnson and all the NFL guys on the future 05 UT D. a bright spot in a sketchy if not dismal resume since his days with Shanahan and the Broncos when Elway/Terrell Davis/Shannon Sharpe gave him 21 point leads in the first Q.

edit: harv, lefty....Bull Reese was the UT DC before Greg Robinson? is Mad Dog still the UT S&C guy? i always thought he was wildly overrated. impressive credentials though, was with McCartney at CU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Harvdog wrote:He knows the team and the coaches and was brought in to teach simple things like......I don't know......how to fucking tackle.
Umm, except one glaring problem. His defenses DON'T TACKLE.

Teddy bears, dude. Fucking teddy bears.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So they panic and can this guy only to sweep up...

Greg Robinson?
I laughed.

The 2003 Kansas City Chiefs scored 484 points; passed for almost 4,000 yards; gained another 1,900+ on the ground; and finished 13-3. Unfortunately, their defense wasn’t even considered mediocre by NFL standards, as they gave up over 5,700 yards and “earned” the distinction of fielding the league’s 29th-ranked defense.

Guess who their D coordinator was?

No crime in losing to Peyton Manning in the Divisional Round, ‘cept… the Chiefs put up 31 points and still lost to a team that never punted once the entire-freaking-ballgame.

Greg Robinson?! Pure genius you got workin’ for you down there in Austin, WhornFan…
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Very little knowledge of the inner workings / politics in Austin but a program that has the passionate fanbase and decent pedigree can in no way accept the horrific losses with all the returning starters and a schedule that isn't murderers row.

Mack doesn't make the end of the season.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So they panic and can this guy only to sweep up...

Greg Robinson?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That guy's defenses were the laughing stock of the Big Ten, and routinely ranked close to dead last nationally. This is a guy who waves teddy bears in the faces of his players when they do something good. No, I'm not kidding.

I would be worried, UT fans. Very worried.
Greg Robinson was the worst HC in the history of Syracuse University. EVER.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown