(!) Berkeley offers unusual vibe for football fans? (!)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

(!) Berkeley offers unusual vibe for football fans? (!)

Post by M2 »

It's a mostly positive article with a lot of pictures from the perspective of a Buckeye fan. I guess the city must be an unusual place for them.

This artsy, funky, fun city across the bay from San Francisco is the closest thing to a bowl destination that Ohio State football fans have seen in almost two years.

From the Columbus Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... -buzz.html

Hoping to hook up with "88" in a week and half or so, and show him around Berkeley.

Hopefully, he's still going to make his way out... should make for a classic PET !
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Berkeley offers unusual vibe for football fans?

Post by The Seer »

:shock:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

:popcorn:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Ahhh, fuck it... let's give "88" a warm welcome to "Baghdad by the Bay" and the Univ. of California

(!) (!)(!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Welcome to Cal (Berkeley)

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Oh yeah,

Last weekend was "Burning Man".

The desert region north of Reno will always be synonymous with its father....

... San Francisco and the Univ. of California (Berkeley)

As the family heads home from the other side of the Sierra's... Good times are still being had by all.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: (!) Berkeley offers unusual vibe for football fans? (!)

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Next time put some (!) tags in the fucking title if you are going to post tits, you fucking asshole.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

schmick wrote:Our friends daughter is a cheerleader at Cal this year. Man do I have to bite my tongue a lot

Hopefully your friends aren't counting on a lot of grandchildren.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ Rack!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I believe it was Dins who once said..."that chick is so hot I'd lick her asshole in front of my parents."
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Ahhhh, 88 so sad to hear.

After our talk on a Friday night about a month or so ago (airwave america TB1) smackie friendly... and my attempt to convince you to roll on out to Baghdad and bring your hippie-ass (birkenstock) wearing wife along to the finest academic institution in the WORLD... "her being a teacher and all". I thought it would be a no-brainer.

Oh well.

Anyways, I thought it would be cool to show you and your wife around Berkeley with my hot-ass asian girlfriend and throw back a few before going to "Top Dog" to get our buzzes under control before game time.

The one thing I respect about your" high school with ashtrays and a perennially ranked football team." Is the fact... that they have one of the top two marching bands in all of College Football. Of course, Cal being #1.

Seeing those two bands on the same field during a game would be pure magic !

Gameday... at Cal., is like no other place in the country and it would've been cool for you to experience a Cal home game and all that it entails.

Here's just a glimpse of what a home game at Cal is like... and I'm sorry your fucking kids had to get in the way of a parrrrtttayyyy !!!

... and CRANK UP the volume... it's the Cal band recorded in studio and playing live in the background

Go Bears !! Beat the couch burners !

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

What is going on here?
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Is being down this much early just part of Cal's plan to lull the rest of CFB into a stupor before they win 2 in a row later in the season and claim their QB had more passing attempts than all the others which should give them a shot at the national title game which they will win for the 44th consecutive time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the titties are nice but oski is still the creepiest Friday the 13th Jason-ist mascot ever.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sounds like a buckeye home game....damn, those fuckers travel well.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So how does it feel to be 0 fer 2oolio against the slow, plodding Big Ten?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

But they did beat the FCS team they played so they clearly have the inside track to the NC.

As decent as their offense has been, 556 yards per game and in the top 10 of total offense, their defense has been even worse, giving up 556.3 yards per game. When you factor in that one of the three opponents was a lower division team it makes those defensive number look even worse.

Only three other teams are worse on defense in FBS and one of those played a 5 OT game.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote:But they did beat the FCS team they played so they clearly have the inside track to the NC.
By a single TD...and gave up 30 points. All those 5-stars and future first rounders are really paying off.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Fun game... and man does Ohio State travel well.

I heard from several Ohio State fans that the fan base chooses a "destination" game every season, and they come in masses. The Cal game in San Francisco Bay Area, in mid-September makes perfect sense for that "destination" this year.

They started with their O.H.I.O. chant... and I thought I was in some midwestern time warped version of the wave.

Anyways, I was in the section where they were chanting "'H"... so I joined in loudly after the loud "H" with 'O-K-E"!

Yeah it was disgusting... but at least I got a few laughs.

I knew at the start of the season when we had 5 starters on defense out of the game for Northmidwestern and 6 starters on defense for Portland State, it was going to be a long season for the young defense.

It certainly hasn't helped that on top of all of that we're the second youngest team in College Football.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JU ... une15.html

To make matters worse... we had 7 starters on defense out of the game for Ohio State.

Injury Report

OUT: LB Michael Barton (knee), DT Mustafa Jalil (knee), DE Brennan Scarlett (hand), SS Avery Sebastian (Achilles), LB Nick Forbes (back), FS Michael Lowe (ankle), , LB Lucas King (head)
QUESTIONABLE: DE Chris McCain (head), SS Damariay Drew (head)
PROBABLE: WR Chris Harper (shoulder), WR Kenny Lawler (head), WR Darius Powe (ankle)

It was good to see the team bounce back after spotting Ohio State a 21-0 lead... in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Over the final 55 minutes of the game... Cal outscored Ohio State 34-31

It's kinda hard to win a game when over half of your starting defense is made up of 2nd and 3rd string players which consist of true freshman, sophomores, and juniors.

While our "true freshman" QB (Goff) leads the Nation in Offense and Passing... he's still making freshman mistakes and missing wide-open receivers on fly patterns like he did twice yesterday which should have been easy touchdowns.

Well, since we have the toughest schedule in the country...

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list/20 ... es-ncaaf#7

... it should only gets easier when we play our next game against #2 Oregon... on the road up in Eugene.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Left Seater wrote:But they did beat the FCS team they played so they clearly have the inside track to the NC.
By a single TD...and gave up 30 points. All those 5-stars and future first rounders are really paying off.

Pssst... that Portland State team your talking about ???

They added 18 former FBS players to the team this year, and their starting running back was the #16 running back in the country coming out of high school. He had scholarship offers from most of the SEC teams and even had one from Notre Dame (even though they would NEVER take a kid with a 2.4 GPA due to their high academic standards). He ended up at Mayland and set a school record for TD's as a freshman there, before transferring to Portland State.

Oh yeah, their QB ended up 8th in the voting for the top freshman College Football player in the country (FBS included).

Not exactly the team they had the year before... putting up 60 points in their first game of the year should have been your first clue.
Last edited by M2 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dude, it's an FCS team. Even the good ones, you're supposed to blow out. Michigan State had the worst offense in Division 1 prior to yesterday and they still beat Youngstown St 55-17. No excuses.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Hey, I'm not saying our defense doesn't suck... hell, Michigan State could put up 10 points on our defense.

Kinda hard to field a defense with over half of your starters out of the game and the rest are made up of true freshman, etc.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Over the final 55 minutes of the game... Cal outscored Ohio State 34-31
Well then just hand Cal the win.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

This thread ought to be an advert for a new, football shaped buttplug emblazoned with the Cal logo.

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.