Can I get my money back?

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Can I get my money back?

Post by Felix »

or is anybody interested in buying a couple of digital albums from me.....
I'm pretty much open to all types of music (except opera) and my music collection is fairly extensive and diverse.....

recently I took a flier on a couple of digital albums by artists I don't know and found they don't quite fit my musical taste (in other words, they suck donkey dick)

The Civil Wars-The Civil Wars
7 Cities-Moreland & Arbuckle

really disappointing.....if you're interested, I'll let them go CHEAP
get out, get out while there's still time
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Can I get my money back?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Felix wrote:my music collection is fairly extensive and diverse.....
AKA: I like Fleetwood Mac pre and post Peter Green.

As for opera, J. Ralph is a guy that does a lot of interesting stuff infusing opera with pop elements, etc. Check out The Illusionary Movements of Geraldine and Nazu.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Felix wrote:my music collection is fairly extensive and diverse.....
AKA: I like Fleetwood Mac pre and post Peter Green.

true, although I thought they lost something when Green left.....they were better though when Buckingham replaced Bob Welch....

I like some operatic singers, but for me to sit through an opera would be impossible....I've been twice and both put me to sleep....
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Just busting your balls. It's just whenever I hear someone say they're into "all kinds of music" it's usually bullsheet. Or at least, their idea of "diverse" taste is pretty narrow. Not saying I'm all worldly and wide-ranging when it comes to music...I'm not, really.

It's like when chicks make a point to say, "I'm not into drama." That always tells me they're absolutely into drama.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Just busting your balls. It's just whenever I hear someone say they're into "all kinds of music" it's usually bullsheet. Or at least, their idea of "diverse" taste is pretty narrow.
I was fortunate in that I worked in radio part time for about 10 years and was exposed to a wide variety of music.....from country to classical and about everything in between.....while I'm not a fan of all types of music (I don't like grunge music at all), I can appreciate it for what it is......

I noted a vdeo I watched of Lady Gaga on the Howard Stern show and was impressed by the fact that she really is quite talented....again, I'm not a fan of hers but was impressed......so many of the artists these days are manufactured in the production room......

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:And yet, I still manage to acquire some pure shit.

I bought those two POS's based on reading some reviews by music writers I respect.....or used to respect....

maybe I should send a "I want my money back" letter to them......
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Felix wrote:
I noted a vdeo I watched of Lady Gaga on the Howard Stern show and was impressed by the fact that she really is quite talented....again, I'm not a fan of hers but was impressed......so many of the artists these days are manufactured in the production room......

Seconded. I had nothing but disdain for Lady Gaga before that performance, but I was genuinely moved by that rendition. I'm still not lining up to buy her albums or concert tickets, but I do have a ton more respect for her after hearing that.
"Keys, woman!"
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:Felix, you don't like 7 Cities-Moreland & Arbuckle?
nope, and I've given the disc multiple chances.....do you want it?
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Sudden Sam wrote:Ah, we've all bought shit over the years, haven't we? Can't think of anything in particular right off the top of my head, but in the old days, we'd pick up an album based on instrumentation or the cover or whatever...assuming it had to be decent based on those ever so important criteria.
Ah yes, the good old days of buying albums based on cover art or what kind of instruments were used. Good lord, when I was in my peak buying frenzy in the late 70's and early 80's, I was stupid enough to do that every couple of weeks. Discovered a few really good artists that way, but for the most part, those sorts of random choices went into the reject pile, to get sold for whatever I could get.

I'm way too discriminate now and probably have gone so far in the other direction that I tend to ignore some newer bands I would actually like.

Good...um, times?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote: I like the one I have, so sure. Be glad to relieve you of it.

I've got some things to get to you as well.
consider it on it's way, along with some other stuff you may or may not like......