I think we have a little tourney this week

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

I think we have a little tourney this week

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Glory's Last SHOT...

Hard to go against the feline after the absolute CLINIC he put on at Firestone...if the flat stick is remotely good he'll lap the field...

others in the mix: Phil, Rory Mac, Donald, and Adam Scott

Dark Horses: Robert Gariggus (for Dins), Henrik Stenson (dude is a consistent)

discuss...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: I think we have a little tourney this week

Post by Screw_Michigan »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Hard to go against the feline after the absolute CLINIC he put on at Firestone.
:meds:

This weekend is a major, so I'm confident Tiger will be anything but a factor.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
This weekend is a major, so I'm confident Tiger will be anything but a factor.

Yeah, because it's not like he's #2 all-time in major wins or anything.

Let's see -- he was 4th in the Masters, and 6th in The Open... no, that's not a "factor" at all.

Firestone was an absolute clinic. Just a beatdown. Thing was over on friday evening, which is just about impossible.

So, I'm not betting against Eldrick. Although if Oak Hill is its usual, he's going to have to hit more fairways than he has been.

Obviously, Dinsdale's Buddy's Stepbrother is the hands-down favorite.

The defending champ appears to be taking this year off, so I don't see a repeat. Won't count Phildo or any of the other proven old guys out -- Big Easy comes to mind.

Mahan and Sneeedeker have been playing extremely well, but those guys seem to get intimidated by the aforementioned guys when the spotlight is really shining.

But unofficially until monday, I gotta go with El Tigre. When he starts playing with confidence, he's hard to beat.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

You glass dicked a pickem post?

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... 13&t=43269

Whatever. I'll cast my pearls of wisdom here. I'll be playing the role of Dinsdale this week because I'm so fucking awesome. Know why? Check your TVs next weekend. I'll be on the grounds for both weekend rounds. Might even try to work in a practice round as well. Damn, its good to be me. :mrgreen:

Anyway, here's my picks for "Glory's Last Shot."

Winner: I'm going to follow Mucho's Open Championship model and pick... Phildo! No way the kitty cat in red wins this week. Oak Hill tore him a new pucker hole in 2003 and conditions won't be much different this year. I'm expecting some long ass rough out there.

Dark Horses: Anybody not named Phildo. But seriously, I think Hunter Mahan might contend. I like Keegan Bradley to play well and on the Euro side, maybe Justin Rose. He's already shown he can win a major on a classic east coast track.
Last edited by BSmack on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

yeah I glass dicked it...but didn't want to steal the spotlight from you getting your PGA on :hfal: (fuck you very much by the way)...

plus all the Tiger haters will be in this thread telling us how he sucks and what not...didn't want that polluting your wonderful thread...

oh and could you please fuck those dudes up who yell get in the hole, etc every god damned shot...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:yeah I glass dicked it...but didn't want to steal the spotlight from you getting your PGA on :hfal: (fuck you very much by the way)...

plus all the Tiger haters will be in this thread telling us how he sucks and what not...didn't want that polluting your wonderful thread...

oh and could you please fuck those dudes up who yell get in the hole, etc every god damned shot...
Going to try to get to a practice round tomorrow. Probably won't see El Tigre as he's notorious for playing his practice rounds at the butt crack of dawn and I have to get my boy on the bus. But I'll see what I can find. I'm hoping to one up my PET from 2003.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Oak Hill is a punishing golf course......I remember Shaun Micheel's seven iron on 18 back in 2003 amd it still ranks as one of the best shots under that kind of pressure I've ever seen......

after that beatdown he laid on the field at Firestone, I can't bet against the Cat but he'd be doing himself a favor if he just left his driver at home......miss the fairways at Oak Hill and it's going to cost you dearly.....Mickelson would be my second choice.........if Mahan shows up, don't count him out because he's been playing lights out as of late

long shot.....Lee Westwood
longer shot......Henrik Stenson
longer shot still.....Martin Kaymer
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:I remember Shaun Micheel's seven iron on 18 back in 2003 amd it still ranks as one of the best shots under that kind of pressure I've ever seen
Has that dude even won a beer-league match since then?

long shot.....Lee Westwood
longer shot......Henrik Stenson
longer shot still.....Martin Kaymer

I dunno about that... Kaymer, although I believe he's been gimply this year, has actually won a Major before... this one, in fact.

Stenson has been ridiculously consistently good lately. He's about due.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

first Wells Fargo tourney in Charlotte I remember Micheel walking off 9 (he started on 10) and just CHUCKING his driver down the path all pissed off...

fucking douche clown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Props to the clubhouse leader (for now)...

Robert Fucking Garrigus.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jason Day
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Screw_Michigan wrote: This weekend is a major, so I'm confident Tiger will be anything but a factor.
How is Tiger doing? Get in line, ball-lickers.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote: This weekend is a major, so I'm confident Tiger will be anything but a factor.
How is Tiger doing? Get in line, ball-lickers.
so are you through sucking your own dick? you consistently post he won't be a factor, and when he doesn't win, you pat yourself on the back for believing you know something (which clearly you don't)....he was in contention in the masters and the british open til he fucked the dog.....but that's better than about 98% of the players out there on tour......

by the way he finished 4 over....what is this obsession you have with woods? why didn't you ask how Mickelson, Garcia, Snedeker, or Mahan did?

you've got to let this go for your own good.....seriously

btw, I had Dufner all the way....he put so much pressure on Furyk by hitting shots 2 to 3 feet from the pin that Furyk simply couldn't respond.....that was pretty fucking impressive
get out, get out while there's still time
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

had Duff Daddy all the way

Bri...you didn't do your job...heard too many get in the hole, mashed potatoes, etc...cunt punch them next time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:had Duff Daddy all the way

Bri...you didn't do your job...heard too many get in the hole, mashed potatoes, etc...cunt punch them next time
I try to stay away from tee box apes. That said, I did hear some douchebag yell "GERONIMO!!" after Eldrick's tee shot on 13 Sunday afternoon. Idiotic.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown