Isn't there some tournament going on this week?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Isn't there some tournament going on this week?

Post by Felix »

we (Americans) call it the British Open, everyone else simply calls it the "Open" (as if there is no other open tournament.......you know the drill, official picks aren't due until the tuesday after "the open"....favorites, dark horses, strange occurances, etc.

favorite-he who's name shall not be spoken in this forum
others would be Justin Rose, Luke Donald, Paul Lawrie, and any of the other good british players that are used to playing links style courses......Muirfield used to be something of a pushover comparatively speaking but now that they've redesigned many of the holes it's going to provide more of a challenge to the participants.....it plays just over 7,200 yards in length and it always blows there......

dark horses-Robert Garrigus of course, Keegan Bradley
can't believe he's playing-Nick Faldo
get out, get out while there's still time
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: Isn't there some tournament going on this week?

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

was just going to post this

Winner - the cat like cat who wears red on Sundays

Others in contention - Poulter, Donald, Rory (the somewhat non douche one), and Phildo (I think he really wants to make up for that ABYSMAL US OPEN)

dark horse Sergio

fuck calling it the Open...it's the fucking British.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Fuck it.... I'll go with Jordan Spieth.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As usual... I have no idea.

Obviously, I'm going with my Buddy's Stepbrother... Robert Garrigus. But I'm not sure Muirfield particularly favors a power-player (unless he pounds some 3 irons off tees).

I'll never bet against Earl's Kid, but 5 weeks removed from having his elbow cut on, combined with concrete (for now) fairways, a reinjury isn't out of the question.

The Defending Champ obviously has a shot.

Rose, Donald? Maybe.

I'll let you know more by Tuesday or so.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jason Day
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

The cablanasian is tied with Lee Westwood.

I despise Lee Westwood.

He reminds me of the dick in high school who pisses everybody off and won't leave the girls alone when they tell him to get lost.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Weird thing in this tourney...Schwartzel treated his club like a freshman virgin chick on prom night and not a peep about what a dick he is from the anti feline establishment...had it been the red shirted one the crowd would have been forming at the gates telling us how much of a dick he was...

yeah it didn't end that way today...2 shot swing when the feline got greedy...hope he takes it down tomorrow!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

WAR Lefty.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Hefty put on a clinic today.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:Jason Day
HA!

I see what you did there.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How did Tiger finish?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Screw_Michigan wrote:How did Tiger finish?
Some white guy from a gated community beat him, badly.

Are you going to the "Justice for Tiger" rally next week?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Top 10, like just about every touney he's played in over the last few years.

They have this thing called the World Golf Rankings, and they indicate that you and your fellow Haters aren't very smart.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson wrote:
Some white guy from a gated community beat him, badly.

Are you going to the "Justice for Tiger" rally next week?
LOL
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:
Top 10, like just about every touney he's played in over the last few years.

They have this thing called the World Golf Rankings, and they indicate that you and your fellow Haters aren't very smart.
Bitter much, tardling?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wait... Hater posts as a complete bitterman, then asks someone else if they "bitter much," then suggests they're a "tardling"?

Classic. Too bad we don't have a YHKYOA Troll.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Carson wrote:WAR Lefty.
no doubt....never been a huge Phil fan, but that last round was fucking outstanding.....

lets face it, the guy deserved it and he earned it.....also earned a lot of respect from me as well.....good on him......
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote: Top 10, like just about every touney he's played in over the last few years.
+3 for the most important round of the weekend. I guess that's clutch, right?

Ball-licker.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Always fun to see Tigger with another Sunday face-plant in a major. I have a new drinking game. I poured a shot of Angel’s Envy every time Tigger let loose with a "Goddamn". Got a real nice morning buzz.

One thing to remember about Tigger – he’s never won a major without the 54-hole lead. Front-running little bitch, he is. But I do wish him the best.

Didn’t see Schwartzel hardly at all on my screen. Except for when he drove it 450 yards on 15 to within 6 feet of the hole. And missed the putt. :lol:

And rack Lefty. The two 3-woods on 17 were a thing of beauty.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:Jason Day
HA!

I see what you did there.
Now I know my pick from this point forward
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What's interesting about Sunday, was on such a precision course, that two guys who had little-to-no chance just absolutely went for it, every shot. And Phildo and Pouter (see what I did there?) threw down crazy rounds, and finished 1-2.

How does that work? The contenders didn't even really pull out their driver, and played everything safe. The waybacks just pounded everything, and attacked every pin.

Could that have an impact on the way nasty majors are played in the future? Obviously, no one wants to lose on Thursday (sup Rory), but the hyper-aggressive players were rewarded at Muirfield, which I don't think anyone saw coming. Didn't hurt that they watered the greens Saturday night, and balls were trying to hold a little bit. Not sure if that will be the case in coming Majors, but then again, it made for great theater, so maybe officials will keep that in mind.

The next group of names after 1-2 were playing well, but just a couple of putts away from being there at the end.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Dins:

I often wondered why the feline was never more aggressive when he was 1 back or some such...almost like he was waiting for Westwood to blow up...

I think people are going to start being more aggressive period...good point
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don’t think that Lefty or Poulter were hyper aggressive. But they were hyper accurate. That’s always good.

Tigger’s no longer invincible, and unfortunately for him, he knows it.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don’t think that Lefty or Poulter were hyper aggressive. But they were hyper accurate. That’s always good.
They were both ridiculous.
Tigger’s no longer invincible, and unfortunately for him, he knows it.
While I understand the statement, I don't necessarily agree. It's not like he won every Major or every tourney in his heyday. Last I checked, he still had the most tour wins, and still held the #1 ranking (bot WGR and FedEx).

But maybe he was too confident with the long irons, which are sketchy at best on a course like that, and not confident enough with the 3W to pound it long, and come in with short clubs, which would have made nuzzling it much easier. But the rough was just so punative there... except for Westwood, who couldn't hit a fairway to save his life (on Sunday), yet was still managing to gouge it out and find the green, which was impressive.

In the end, just like every major, and just about every tourney in general, the guy with the hot putter won... who woulda thunk it?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don’t think that Lefty or Poulter were hyper aggressive. But they were hyper accurate. That’s always good.
they were both.....the difference between a great shot and a disaster was miniscule on that course....take Lefty's approach shot on 18.....he was about one foot from catastrophy and having the carpet yanked out from him one last time.......getting up and down from that greenside bunker was almost impossible.....so, you've got to be super aggressive, otherwise the course is going to kick your ass eventually.....but if your not precise, it's a fucking disaster......adam scott will attest to that......
Dinsdale wrote: except for Westwood, who couldn't hit a fairway to save his life (on Sunday), yet was still managing to gouge it out and find the green, which was impressive.
impressive as hell......i've tried to hit shots out of that kind of shit before and it's a great way to tear a flexor or wrench your wrist out of it's socket......something tells me the clock is getting short on that guy to ever win a major....too bad because he's a really decent guy and a great player.....I hope he pulls one out before it's too late because Westwood definitely deserves to win one......
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I often wondered why the feline was never more aggressive when he was 1 back or some such...almost like he was waiting for Westwood to blow up...
That is a smart strategy.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Mucho it maybe...but you know that there are guys out there throwing up numbers...heck POULTER was red hot...he had to have known...so the point is why not go after some pins...I think the lack of using the 3 wood hurt to a previous point...

plus the flat stick was not cooperating with him the last round or two either...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

My guess was that he was reluctant to use the driver because he would spray it all over the course.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:catastrophy
Is that a piece of hardware?