who the fuck is Merion?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

who the fuck is Merion?

Post by Felix »

I remember this course from the 2005 US Amateur Championships, and remember that if set up correctly the only under 7,000 yard course since Shinnecock Hills in 2004 will have big scores lurking on the first 6 and the last 5 holes....the seven in between will be the "scoring holes"

assuming the rain quits on Wednesday the first round will be target practice for those guys.....look for somebody to go really low on Thursday....Friday will be an even split with the course winning half the battles......Saturday and Sunday will be the war of attrition days....four and five inch rough that will take it's toll......some will be lucky if they can extricate the ball to the fairway they just missed......some will wish they had hit the rough.....

so the usual drill.....winner, players most likely to win in the event if you're winner doesn't.....dark horses, long shots, first guy to shoot double digits on a hole, or anything else you feel relevant.......

winner-katilda's kid
most likely to if not Earls boy, Phildo, Angel, or Rory (McIlroy, not Sabbatini)....Sabbatini fits into the next category
most likely to shoot the first double digit score on a hole-Rory (Sabbatini nor McIlroy).....players most likely to be injured or verbally abused......who's ever paired with Sabbatini.....

dark horses-Mahan, Donald, Bubba
kid I'm glad made it-Chris Williams from Moscow Idaho-top ranked amateur in the world and a guy I got to watch play for 18 holes while caddying for a buddy of mine.....fuckin kid is really, really good.....

over/under on number of players wearing metal spikes-24
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: who the fuck is Merion?

Post by BSmack »

Winner: El Tigre
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

how much verbal abuse will El Homo (sergio) take from Philly Fan? A LOT

Winner - the red clad feline
others in the mix - stricker (dude is playing what 8 tourneys this year but seems to show up in majors), Furyk (shorter course and more target practice suits him), G MAC who knows maybe he'll drink like a fish and go out and go low, El Pato only because he'll have a heater lit on every hole...

would love to see Crane, Sabattini, and Na play in a 3 some...over under on that round line at 6.5 hours
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:would love to see Crane, Sabattini, and Na play in a 3 some...over under on that round line at 6.5 hours

sabs would start hurling clubs, then go into a full vapor lock.....
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:how much verbal abuse will El Homo (sergio) take from Philly Fan? A LOT
And deservedly so.

Still sticking with Mickelson for the win.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Robert Garrigus by 13 strokes.

Or the Cablinasian.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jeez, I had Justin Rose all the way
but poor Phil....maybe one of these days the guy will make a shot under pressure
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I had Rose all the way...

all the bluster about merion being too short...fuck that noise says Merion...you are my bitcheeeezzzzz

oh and McIllroy bends his 9 iron after a shot...wonder if the Tiger haters will be in here condemning him?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey Tiger ball-lickers, Tiger's back!

Right?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

well let's see he's won 4 times including the "FIFTH" Major for the 2nd time...

most guys would kill to have a career with what he has done this year...

but hey...still two majors left on the clock...

plus I'll go ahead and pencil him in for Bridgestone this year at Firestone CC...so that will make 5 wins for sure...if he doesn't win a major...then so be it...

18 is a tough number...he is at 14...(selfishly I hope he doesn't get there Jack and the Ohio State thing and all)...but at some point that record will fall and who better than Tiger?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Hey Tiger ball-lickers, Tiger's back!

Right?
Well, he's number #1 in the world rankings, by a gooly chunk, and he's running away in the FedEx Cup points.

Were you tring to make a point, or was it your overwhelming desire to sound ignorant?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:oh and McIllroy bends his 9 iron after a shot...wonder if the Tiger haters will be in here condemning him?
That was a bit surprising to see.
Dreams......Temporary Madness