I'll give Darren Clarke this...

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

I'll give Darren Clarke this...

Post by BSmack »

... he's a stand up guy. Check out this Q&A on his website.
Your Questions Answered
Q. I am watching you drop your cigar on the grass at Harbour Town then place it in your mouth. Are you not aware of the massive use of pesticide and chemical fertilizer that is used on American golf courses that you run the risk of ingesting from the cigar?
EDWARD MILLIS

A. Hi Edward, when I finished that round on Sunday I was looking for as many insecticides as I could find or alternatively I thought slitting my wrists was a probability and neither prevailed! I shall be back at Houston this week, throwing my cigar on the ground and chewing what ever comes with it! All the best, Darren.

Q. What did you do on the Sunday, after the end of the MCI Heritage?
GORDON BLACK

A. Hi Gordon, I had a drink and a chat with Peter Lonard who won and then went off to The Quarterdeck Bar and had a good few drinks with my caddie, Billy and Martin Hardy, the ISM press man. All the best, Darren.

Q. Darren, since this is your first full schedule on the PGA Tour how will this affect The Ryder Cup points you require to make the team?
ANDREW MAWER

A. Hi Andrew, The Ryder Cup has a system where half the team is chosen from a system with World Ranking points and half from a system with points gained from European Tour events. I am confident that I will have a decent chance from either system as the European list includes the four Majors and three World Championship events - don't worry I will be there! Regards, Darren.

Q. Hi Darren, I would like to know the name and where it is available of the training aid you were wearing on your right arm at the MCI tournament.
BOB SANDRY

A. Hi Bob, it is called the Arm Brace and it is endorsed by Rick Smith, who is Phil Mickelson's coach. I am sure you can probably purchase one via the internet or local pro shop. Regards, Darren.

Q. Hi Darren, I heard a rumour that you may be joining Ronan Keating on part of his walk of Ireland in May, is this true?
DEBBIE HILL

A. Dear Debbie, this is a possibility although this is the first I have known about it! I shall check with Ronan when the dates are and see if it's possible - although I'm not sure he could keep up with me! Cheers, Darren.
Good to see the plaid clad warrior can keep his sense of humor.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

You know it is attitudes like his that a few others could really take a lesson from..

Major respect for Clarke and his down to earth, un-pompous attitude.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Otis wrote:You know it is attitudes like his that a few others could really take a lesson from.
Yep

Watching him flounder at the MCI was tough, and all of you know the feeling I'm sure--there's just nothing you can do to stop it. That's so untypical of Clarke (s'up long lost Ryder Cup).

He's the kind of guy you like to see win because he reminds you so much of some guy you might end up playing 18 with on a Sunday afternoon at the local track. No doubt he's got the kind of personality and game that will allow him to get past the collapse at Hilton Head--obviously he's playing well so don't be surprised if he's in contention going into the weekend at Houston.
get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RACK Clarke and all he is going through with his Father being on Heaven's Gate.

don't you just have to admire THESE guys when it comes to adversity?

Lonard = fucked-up BUG...ends up in 2 lost years....recovers and survives to WIN an ugly Final Round.

Clarke....with his attitude shown after SAID ugly round.

if the Tournament is in your Town...the Guys from overseas will Likely be at the Closest Tavern near the course...just "throwin'Down" like we are...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Speaking of Darren Clarke-I joined his fan club and sent him the following question:

Darren, do you prefer American or European golf courses?

The response I got was:
I actually really enjoy playing both types of courses. I was brought up on links golf in Ireland so links courses are my favourite. I also enjoy the American courses as well and actually Pine Valley is one of my all time favourites.
All the best, Darren.
I don't know if that was really him responding, but I like the fact that somebody actually took the time to respond at all.
get out, get out while there's still time
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i played golf in Scotland summer before last with my Dad. and like every town had a restaurant (usually indian) or a pub with a picture of the owner with his arm around Darren Clarke both smiling blissfully.

made me think DC is a pretty good guy.

he really did fold at Hilton Head. happens to everyone. golf under pressure is a bitch.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"