College Football Schedule 2013... who has balls

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

College Football Schedule 2013... who has balls

Post by M2 »

It's that time a year again... where we find out who has balls, and who does the least to get to the "Cal trophy" aka the MNC.

Of course, being the standard of what a college football schedule should actually look like... I'll go first.

Cal will face 3 teams in the Top 5

#2. Stanfurd

#3. Ohio State

#5. Cal State Eugene

... and 6 in the Top 25

#18. Sheepfucker's

#21. fUCLA

# 24. Northwestern

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... 013-top-25

I understand that for most teams; they have no way they can come close to living up to the "standard"... but, they could at least schedule a somewhat entertaining season for their fans while they slide into a BCS bowl game, playing cupcakes on the way.

Take bama, for instance...

...if they had to play a "Cal" like schedule, they would never make a BCS bowl game.

Here's the catch... they NEVER have too and this year is no different.

2 teams in the Top 25...

#4. ATM

and

#13 LSU

yep, that's it.

Oh yeah, that also includes an OOC schedule of ... wait for it

Chattanooga, Georgia St, and Colorado St.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... imson-tide

Unreal.

... around 100 days to go

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: College Football Schedule 2013... who has balls

Post by Dinsdale »

Oregon will never compete with Kal's SoS... because they play Kal every year.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oregon's first 4 games feature 2 solids -- @ Virginia, and vs. Tennessee...

and 2 cupcakes -- Nicholls St, and Kal.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

We'll be unleashing the "Bullet" this year and giving him more than 4 carries in a game... now that I've gotten rid of Fatfurd.

Ohio State didn't really enjoy his 4 carries in the "Shoe".

Including the "longest" run by an opponent in the history of Ohio State football... in their house.

Brendan Bigelow — 4 carries, 160 yards, 2 TDs
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

ND's 2013 schedule, fwiw . . .

A31 TEMPLE 3:30pm NBC
S07 @ Michigan 8pm ABC
S14 @ Purdue 8pm ABC/ESPN
S21 MICHIGAN STATE 3:30pm NBC
S28 OKLAHOMA 3:30pm NBC
O05 ARIZONA STATE (Dallas) 7:30pm NBC
O19 SOUTHERN CAL 7:30pm NBC
O26 @ Air Force 5pm CBSSN
N02 NAVY 3:30pm NBC
N09 @ Pittsburgh TBD ABC/ESPN
N23 BYU 3:30pm NBC
N30 @ Stanford TBD Fox

That's one certain ranked opponent (Oklahoma), four others (Skunkbears, Sparty, Condoms, Stanford) who are legitimate Top 25 threats, and even Pitt and BYU occasionally threaten to crack the rankings.

One thing almost for certain: the weakest opponent on our schedule is almost certainly tougher than the weakest opponent on any of your teams' schedules.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i know whoever has the keys is rolling here...the longest run at the shoe....i liked that. classic nonsense.

but those 4 Pac teams on the always brutal Cal docket.....are part of the conference schedule. not sure it testifies to the venerable, always getting a handy workout on the sofa watching Viggo in LoTr or Firefly...."balls" of Cal's scheduling practices. however the "demonstration" of the balls will have the same certainty. maybe having a killer veggie-wrap and blueberry kambucha right after.

Fear the Turtle.

OU plays a lesser flash schedule maybe but still in the usual Joe Castiglione formula....one home-opener lesser directional, one mid-major or BCS lower tier, and one major BCS type ranked opponent. LA-Monroe, Tulsa, Notre Dame. will be strange playing a conference game (WVU) in the second week. happy that one is in Norman, though OU lost twice to good teams at Owen and needed OT to beat OSU as well....last season.

breaking in a new QB and sort of mediocre up front as usual....can't complain i guess.

edit: i have added the word "type" to make Notre Dame fan happy. forgive me the oversight. :P
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Portland State.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:Oregon will never compete with Kal's SoS... because they play Kal every year.
heh.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey Mstool you dumb fuck. Are you going to predict Kal goes to the national championship game again this year and when you get called out on it with any type of bet you never answer, you never post when called out, you never take or deny the bet. All you do is come in here and tell us how great the fucking pussy ass bears are going to be and when they never reach even part of that goal you run away like a big fucking pussy. So let's hear it......how come you never acknowledged the bet I threw down to you last year and will you be man enough to make one or put your money where your mouth is this year? I'll bet your pussy ass doesn't even respond to this post. You suck you piece of shit.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M2 wrote: Take bama, for instance...

...if they had to play a "Cal" like schedule, they would never make a BCS bowl game.
You're an idiot. If Bama played a PAC schedule, they'd be undefeated every year (as long as Saban is the HC). Oregon's the only school in your conference that would even give them a game.
Myopia much?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

So I guess Cal is hoping for, at best, 6-6 season.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

We all know toolio doesn't measure wins and losses by wins and losses, but by how many yards Cal's backup RB gets in losses of 10 points or less.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote: A&M (top five),
Wrong
Sudden Sam wrote:LSU (top 15),
Wrong again
Sudden Sam wrote:and Mississippi (top 25).
Another swing and a "miss".

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... 013-top-25

Sudden Sam wrote:And Arkansas...no idea what to expect there.
Huh ?

Sudden Sam wrote:Not the toughest schedule ever, but no walk in the park either.
Yeah, 1 team in the top 10 and 1 other in the top 25... to go along with 4 cupcakes.

Scary shit right there.

Cal plays the #! team in the country, the #3 team in the country, and the #5 team in the country... not to mention, multiple other teams in the top 25.

Cal starts the season playing the #24 in the country right off the bat... a team, that kicked the shit out of an SEC team in their bowl game last year.

Like I said, Alabama would never make it to a BCS Bowl game... if they had to play a Cal schedule.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:Check CBS Sports' preseason poll

I laughed.

A poll by a network that exclusively covers SEC football ?

Too funny.

SEC stays at 8 conference games, admits it can't handle the extra losses...

Meanwhile their "everybody start 4-0 and ranked by beating nobody and then nobody will drop in the rankings because you lost to a ranked team" scheme will continue.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ence-games

"Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said creating another week of games where the SEC goes 7-7 against itself would not be good for the league.
"For Kentucky, I don't know if that's in the best interest for Kentucky to play a nine-game schedule and I think there are some opinions in the room that a lot of people don't believe it's in the best interest of their school to play name games," Stoops said. "... Well, if you do the math, 50 percent of our league just lost a game going into the year no matter what. So that's not good. For people like myself that are trying to build a team, maybe that's not in our best interest."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mark Schlabach? Who the fuck is Mark Schlabach?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Welcome to the SEC...

Texas A&M drops USC, Oregon

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... usc-oregon

When Texas A&M was a member of the Big 12, it scheduled home-and-home series with USC and Oregon.
Now that Texas A&M is a member of the SEC, those series are dead.

Nothing says pussies, like the SEC.

... and remember, Alabama's Schedule = 2 ranked teams and 4 cupcakes.

Hell, Washington State would be headed to a BCS Bowl with that schedule.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You can be the best and still be a bunch of pansies when it comes to scheduling. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Obviously, "critical thinking" is not a high priority in the south.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Are SEC teams artificially highly ranked sometimes? Probably.
You don't really believe that.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

the SEC is gaming the system ...

Look at last year... Alabama did not have to play SEC East schools Florida, South Carolina or Georgia in the regular season. And Georgia didn't have to play SEC West powers Alabama, LSU or Texas A&M.

So no surprise really that Alabama and Georgia played in the SEC title game.

The SEC is gaming the system. The Top 6 or 7 SEC teams dominate the preseason Top 25. Those SEC schools play nobody in the OOC schedule. When they do step and play a game against a "name" OOC opponent, say Michigan, they play them at a neutral site within the SEC footprint (exception, Penn State when they were really bad).

So you play Furman, Western Carolina, LA-Lafayette and Wyoming at home. 4 wins right off the bat. Then you start playing other ranked SEC opponents, so even if you lose you don't really drop in the polls.

Oh, and don't worry, if you do lose to another ranked SEC school, the SEC sound machine of ESPN/CBS Sports/Paul Finebaum will crank itself up to insure that Alabama or LSU only drop one or two spots in the polls. Of course, if you lose at Autzen Stadium or in Norman that's an 8 or 9 spot drop and you're out of the Nat'l title race because you didn't win all your games.

This season the bottom 8 teams in the SEC failed to beat any of the Top 6 teams in the SEC. So 4 cupcakes plus 6 league wins means everybody gets to 10 wins on the year, meaning they'll all be ranked in the Top 20 to start the next season. Rinse and repeat.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Papa Willie wrote:* The SEC has 16 more bowl wins than any other conference since the 1998 season.

* The SEC has more bowl bids over that span than any other conference.

* Despite its teams often playing opponents that finished higher in their own conference standings, the SEC has the third-best winning percentage among conferences. Only the Big West — defunct for more than a decade — and the Big East have better overall winning percentages since 1998.

What are you babbling about ?

Do you know how to read and comprehend ?

You're basically making a case for my argument and kicking your own ass...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

You are, really, simply too stupid to understand the argument presented.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:
What was your point again, Kal Kunt?

Jesus, you southerners are fucking stupid.

I could re-post what I've already written, but since you can't read and comprehend, it's rather pointless.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:Check the poll links I provided week by week. If you can figure out how to do that, go back and try to come up with some new arguments.

I did idiot.

Let me help you out, since you can't figure out what my argument was... I'll work with yours here.

Oregon loses 1 game... and instantly 3 SEC teams with 1 loss jump them in the poll.

How the fuck does that work ? I'd like to hear your argument.

Remember, 3 SEC teams with the same record as Oregon... jumped them in the polls.

When you figure out my original argument, get back to me on it. I just took yours and wiped your face with it.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:Having difficulty figuring out how to check those weekly polls, Kal Kan't?

Not at all, I'm not from the south.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:The teams that jumped OU lost earlier in the season. That's how it works. Always has. Always will.

Moral: Don't lose late.

Hmmm... that's odd.

Seems Florida State and Clemson lost earlier than all the SEC teams and had 1 loss, yet they didn't jump Oregon like the "SEC" schools did.

Once again, your argument falls flat on its face.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote: Not at all.

Florida State and Clemson don't play in as strong a conference as Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, etc.

No wonder you can't figure out my argument. You can't read and comprehend. I've already proved why the SEC isn't even close to having one of the toughest conferences.

Did you know... that an SEC kid can play all 4 years at his school... and NEVER play all the SEC schools ???

That is simply beyond pathetic.

I'll add to my argument about how easy the SEC schedule is in a bit, when I add in how they do not even come close to traveling like all the other conferences.

Sudden Sam wrote:FSU's OOC schedule hurt them as well. Beating up on Savannah State ain't gonna help you.

Okay, I laughed.

Being that Alabama played western kentucky, florida atlantic, and western carolina.