No dog in the fight but Michigan getting ratfucked

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

The Seer
Just the Facts

No dog in the fight but Michigan getting ratfucked

Post by The Seer »

by the amateurish officials. How do you miss that obvious goal tend? How do you call jump balls if the other team doesn't touch the ball?

Pitina is a drama queen.

IF the calls even out and Burke plays well in 2nd, Michigan should prevail.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: No dog in the fight but Michigan getting ratfucked

Post by Mikey »

Yep. Officials doing everything they can to make sure Looahville wins. Shameful.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Foul on Burke was fucking bullshit. This is disgusting. Hancock should have fouled out by now.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Interesting, I thought the calls definitely favored UofM. I wasn't sure what UL had to do to get a call in the paint...Behanan was getting hacked all night, no call. On the other end, Michigan is walking to the line every time on touch fouls. UL committed 22 fouls to UofM's 15, so tough to argue the refs were favoring UL. And don't get me started on the moving screens, McGary got away with those all night. The foul called on Burke's block was pretty bad, obviously. Overall, the officiating was pretty shitty just like it was all throughout the tournament.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i agree with mgo. i thought mcgary got away with many moving screens.

so who knows?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

King Crimson wrote:i agree with mgo. i thought mcgary got away with many moving screens.
Not that tough to knock down open jumpers when you've got a behemoth clearing out 10 feet of space for you. Even Spike Albrecht can do it.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Rick Pitno's surgeon should be sued.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

oh yeah, that was the biggest choke job I've ever seen in a college basketball final.

The Curse of the Five... is alive and well.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
King Crimson wrote:i agree with mgo. i thought mcgary got away with many moving screens.
Not that tough to knock down open jumpers when you've got a behemoth clearing out 10 feet of space for you. Even Spike Albrecht can do it.
Moving screens go both ways in every college game ever. They only get called as make-up calls or when dudes stick out their hip. Even Albrecht can hit 3s when no one's within 10 feet because no one ever bothers to check him. The other 10 feet of space he gets is between the 3 point line and his shoes.

Missed calls or bang bang plays are just part of basketball. So is bitching about them afterward. Incompetent refereeing shouldn't be AKA awarding fouls to the wrong person. The beard scored 5 big points after he should have fouled out. McGary picked up his 3rd after duder on the inside leapt backward into GR3. Burke rightfully never gets a call when he tries to initiate Reggie Miller-style contact when taking 3s but then they whistle him for that exact same bullshit on that 3 by the beard. Also, learn what a goaltend is before next season.

Pitino did outcoach Beilein though. I want to feel bad but considering where we were even four years ago - shit, even four weeks ago - I'll take a Final Four. Plus, have both Michigan and Indiana's Mr. Basketball coming in next year.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:1997
Disaster averted. Whew!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Bitching about officiating is loser talk...make your shots and keep them from making theirs.

Looked promising at the start...Spike was killing from outside. They've had different guys step up in each game. Took the Cardinals a little while to get rolling but that run to end the half obviously changed the game. Hancock was the obvious x-factor in the game and was the most important player in the Final Four. I didn't see an obvious mismatch from either side...just simple stuff like staying out of foul trouble and hitting shots from the outside was going to matter. Both teams were over 44% from the outside...well played game offensively. Overall, a good title game...could've gone either way.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah I know I shouldn't bitch about officiating, but I was watching my bracket go down the drain after leading all but the first round and was getting pissed off.
I don't really GARA about UM or Looahville anyway.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:Missed calls or bang bang plays are just part of basketball. So is bitching about them afterward. Incompetent refereeing shouldn't be AKA awarding fouls to the wrong person. The beard scored 5 big points after he should have fouled out. McGary picked up his 3rd after duder on the inside leapt backward into GR3. Burke rightfully never gets a call when he tries to initiate Reggie Miller-style contact when taking 3s but then they whistle him for that exact same bullshit on that 3 by the beard. Also, learn what a goaltend is before next season.
Didn't UM get out to a big lead after the blown goaltend? Calls like that have no effect on the game if you don't let the other team go on a 17-3 run. There are always going to be a couple of bad calls but the bottom line is Michigan was in the double bonus with like 11 minutes to go in the second half. The fouls were 22-11 in Michigan's favor until they started intentionally fouling at the end. In the second half they shot 15 free throws to UL's five (also not counting the intentional fouls at the end). To the OP, not sure how that's evidence of getting "ratfucked" by the refs.
Pitino did outcoach Beilein though. I want to feel bad but considering where we were even four years ago - shit, even four weeks ago - I'll take a Final Four. Plus, have both Michigan and Indiana's Mr. Basketball coming in next year.
So the consensus is you lose Burke and Hardaway, right? I've heard McGary and Robinson are good bets to get drafted if they leave. Shit, you guys started four NBA players...how did you finish just fifth in the Big Ten again? MEATGRINDER!! Granted, McGrampa didn't have his coming out party until the tourney.

Should be another solid year of Big Ten hoops. UM should be top 20 (if they don't lose more than Burke and Hardaway).

If Payne and Harris both come back, MSU will be top 5...probably #2 right behind Cheatapari.

OSU loses their best scorer which means someone else will step up and score 27 ppg and they won't see any drop off.

Wisky loses Ryan Evans and Bozo the Clown. No team will benefit more from "addition by subtraction."

Iowa should be a tournament team. Whether that's NCAA, NIT or CBI is anybody's guess.

If IU can retain just one of either Zeller or Oladipo they should return a top 15ish team. I hope it's Zeller cuz I think dude's wildly overrated.

Don't care about the rest.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Michigan always has far less fouls than the other team because that's their g'eh ass strategy. They just don't foul. It's why teams shoot 107% against them from 2 and also why they can only finish 5th in the BIG but nearly win the national championship once refs actually call fouls for chopping a man's forearms off. It's fucking annoying because the refs notice the fouls are 18-7 the other way so they start letting shit go so the fouls even out and they can say they called an balanced game, like this:

Was probably an easy put back right until the beard picked up his 9th foul of the game if the ref actually blew his whistle.

Otherwise, offensive rebounds. That and Louisville's run just before the half had nothing to do with coaching or playing bad and everything to do with a couple white boys playing horse.

The only consensus is that Trey is gone. Everyone figures Hardaway's gone since he's not going to play himself into better draft position so might as well hit the open market AKA Europe now. Who knows about GR3 and McGary. McGary said he was 100% coming back then changed his mind when Beilein said let's talk about shit after the tournament. Robinson needs at least a year to learn how to do something other than run along the baseline hoping for oops. Poor wings who sign up for Beilein's offense then get stuck playing the 4 all year.

I hope Harris and Payne go pro.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Agree on Robinson. He didn't show a ton beyond freaky athleticism and was pretty inconsistent. But...we're talking about a league that values potential more than production.

If McGary is seriously being projected as a first round pick, dude needs to pack his bags right now. Can't see his draft stock actually rising next year with Burke gone who made the guy look like an All-American at times.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

McGary will be a monster next year on his own. Lit up Syracuse without much help from the guards. Problem was he was injured before the season and got fat, so took him half the season to get into decent shape then the rest of the year to stop hacking everyone. Hopefully he follows the precedent Burke set last year when he was a fringe 1st rounder, if not 2nd round, then came back to play himself into the lottery. McGary just has too much to learn for a team to spend two years teaching him how to play defense.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

[quote="MgoBlue-LightSpecial"
Iowa should be a tournament team. Whether that's NCAA, NIT or CBI is anybody's guess.

If IU can retain just one of either Zeller or Oladipo they should return a top 15ish team. I hope it's Zeller cuz I think dude's wildly overrated.
Well, you go your wish with Oladipo, and Zeller will announce his decision later in the week.

Iowa should be a NCAA tournament team next year and I'm seeing them ranked anywhere from 25th to 5th in some early pre-season polls. 25th, maybe. 5th? No, I can only wish that they were a top 5 team.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

McGary and Robinson are NBA talents but need another year at school. McGary was great but is the draft that crappy that all it takes is 3 good weeks of play to be a lottery pick? I figured the deeper this team went, the greater the chance the young bucks would leave early.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Interesting, I thought the calls definitely favored UofM. I wasn't sure what UL had to do to get a call in the paint...Behanan was getting hacked all night, no call. On the other end, Michigan is walking to the line every time on touch fouls. UL committed 22 fouls to UofM's 15, so tough to argue the refs were favoring UL. And don't get me started on the moving screens, McGary got away with those all night. The foul called on Burke's block was pretty bad, obviously. Overall, the officiating was pretty shitty just like it was all throughout the tournament.
RACK it!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness