New Gear?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

New Gear?

Post by Felix »

I'm seriously considering selling my Mizuno irons that I bought from Qbert (whatever happened to that guy) and going with the Taylor Made Rocketbladez irons

I stopped by our local Golf Galaxy and they had one of the Taylormade Reps there explaining these irons to me.....I've hit forged blades forever and now I just don't have a swing conducive for forged irons anymore.....take a couple of these back to the simulator and I'm just vaping the 7 iron he gave me to try......no warmups, no practice shots nothing....first one I toed, second one I flushed and carried it 164 yards....the simulator is about 5% to 10% off, so if I'd hit that shot out on the course, I probably would have carried it about 175....that's a massive 7 iron for me compared with my current clubs, which if I'm lucky I can carry 155.....not that distance is my primary goal, but when I'm standing on a par three hitting a 5 iron and everybody else is hitting 7's or 8's, that's frustrating for me because I'm just not as accurate with lower lofted clubs.....and you can pretty much design the iron anyway you want it with any kind of shaft you want....I'll probably go with the true temper S300 SL (super light) shafts, which are significantly lighter than the standard 300....may go with regular flex as well.....my swing speed has decreased to the point where I'm borderline stiff or regular shaft, and I know my speed is not going to increase....

nice clubs......
get out, get out while there's still time
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Re: New Gear?

Post by Bucmonkey »

Mind if I ask the price tag on those sticks Felix?
Go Bucs, Gators
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Bucmonkey wrote:Mind if I ask the price tag on those sticks Felix?
they're about $100/club, so if I go with a 4-pw, I'd be right at $700. May be able to find them slightly cheaper, but probably not much. That's for steel shafts, the graphite shafts are considerably more.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

oh and I pulled the trigger on the rocketbladez irons-going with the R300 Gold SL shafts

sold my Mizuno MP60's for $200 (I had them reshafted with the True Temper S300 SL shafts, so they come with an entire set of S300 gold shafts as well)

and my scotty cameron terylium putter

for $150

I hate to part with the cameron, but I prefer the new Cameron Studio select I'm putting with

next up Taylor R1

ugly as fucking sin from the bottom, but pretty conventional looking from the top
and I can absolutely clock this driver
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

btw, the rocket bladez are unbelievable clubs.....I can hit them on average about 10 to 15 yards farther than my old clubs.....pulling clubs from ridiculous distances and flushing them.....I pulled an 8 iron from 169 and hit to about 20 feel of the pin.....next hole, I pull and 8 iron from 167 and hit to within 10 feet.....those are distances I couldn't get when I was in my prime.....they are truly amazing irons....