Sweet 16 Thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Sweet 16 Thread

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Ok thanks to M Club for starting the first one...but now we are into the meat of the tourney...

just a separate thread since we are clear of the 1st two rounds...

My thoughts on some of the games:

MSU v Duke - I think MSU fucking rolls these bastards. Basically a home game in Indy for MSU (should hopefully be a lot of Spartan Green in that Joint). MSU could come out big and just pound Duke underneath and just something about this MSU team that makes me like them. Plus I fucking hate Duke...so there's that. I just don't see how Plumlee can handle the size that MSU can throw at him and we all know that Izzo loves these big TOURNEY games. Again, give me MSU

IU v Syracuse - roll eyes on this one. Two douchebags on the sidelines and two very athletic teams that can get after it defensively. I'll keep my B1G homer glasses on and go with IU. I think Zeller will be able to exploit the zone since he can pop out and hit mid range jumpers. Plus I don't think Syracuse will be able to handle IU's defensive pressure.

KU v Skunk Bear U - I think KU runs them out of the gym. KU has size and I think they use that since Michigan doesn't have a valid low post prescence. Plus playing UNC kind of gave them a test for what they will see (4 out guard type offense).

OSU v AZ - cross country travel for OSU...almost a homeish game for AZ...Give me OSU...Craft and Thomas will not let this team lose...

I think UF, Miami, and La Salle win as well...

thoughts?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Sweet 16 Thread

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

THURSDAY
Miami vs Marquette - Marquette is just lucky to be here. Miami rolls.

Ohio State vs Arizona - OSU is one of the best defensive teams in the country and lately they're getting some offense outside of Thomas. Dangerous team right now. Will be a close game but OSU pulls away late.

Indiana vs Syracuse - Still think IU is the best team in the field. Their shooters could really destroy that zone.

Wichita State vs La Salle - Been very impressed with what I've seen out of La Salle.

FRIDAY
Louisville vs Oregon - I don't see this one being all that close. Louisville is clicking on all cylinders right now.

Kansas vs Michigan - I've gone back and forth on this one. I think it's a toss up game. KU has not impressed and Michigan has been running people out of the gym, but this just seems like a bad matchup for Michigan. I don't know how they're going to handle KU's size and physicality. Withey should have a big game. But if their freshmen continue to play well, and Burke starts scorching the nets again, UM will be tough to beat.

Duke vs Michigan State - Match up wise, MSU has some advantages here. Payne is an athletic big man who can check Kelly. MSU also has the size and athleticism to guard Duke's smallish wings. MSU should destroy Duke on the boards, and I don't see Nix and Payne having too much trouble in the paint offensively against Plumlee. Unless Duke goes crazy from 3-land, I think MSU takes this one.

Florida over FGCU - I've got Florida in my FF, but fuck my bracket. Would love to see FGCU advance, but don't see it happening. The ride ends here.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

yeah I left out Louisville...

I think you could see a 3 B1G final four...that would be epic...and watch Barkley's head explode...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Kansas vs Michigan - I've gone back and forth on this one. I think it's a toss up game. KU has not impressed and Michigan has been running people out of the gym, but this just seems like a bad matchup for Michigan. I don't know how they're going to handle KU's size and physicality. Withey should have a big game. But if their freshmen continue to play well, and Burke starts scorching the nets again, UM will be tough to beat.
The emergence of McGary is encouraging but who really gives a fuck since he's going to pick up 7 1st half fouls, so nevermind. KU's going to dominate the interior game and hit about 45% from 3, yet Michigan will inexplicably be down just 4 in the last 5 minutes since they're nearly impossible to bury, even when they play like shit.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Michigan gives up a couple inches with Withey against McGary/Horford/Morgan. Morgan didn't even see the floor against VCU. Beilein will have to have a rotation for his bigs on Friday and he'll have 15 fouls to burn if needed. They were able to dine on the fact VCU nor SDSU had much talent in the front court and they could dine on perimeter and mid-range shooting and being more active on the glass. Kansas held Carolina to 30% shooting and crushed them on glass. They've dealt and hung in with the Indianas and Michigan States of the world that have a post presence and rely on winning the rebounding battle. They won't be able to get with Burke having another mediocre day...McLemore will eat him alive. It can be a factor for some perimeter teams but playing a weird venue like the Jerry Dome might screw with their jump shooting...both teams have to deal with it though, I get it.

I'll say Kansas by a half-dozen.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

wow...

Miami gets their shit pushed in...IU gets butt fucked in the mouth...we have a Big East EE...

OSU gets a HUGE shot from LQR...and survives to face Wichita state...holy fuck...

I hope for the love of god and god that MSU fucking FLAT Rolls those faggots from Durham
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
I hope for the love of god and god that MSU fucking FLAT Rolls those faggots from Durham
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:bode:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Shoalzie wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

:bode:
As usual, another insipid post from Shoalzie. Try :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: next time.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Great comeback by the Wolverines and an unbelievable finish to regulation. I guess we know why Burke was the B1G POY. Nice job, Wolverines. That kept my brackets on life support for another 24 hours.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Hope the MSU game is as good as their lil sister's game... :P
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Mace wrote:Great comeback by the Wolverines and an unbelievable finish to regulation. I guess we know why Burke was the B1G is the national POY. Nice job, Wolverines. That kept my brackets on life support for another 24 hours.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

nice win for UM. kind of a Beilein fan since i saw his Mountaineers clinic a pretty good Kelvin Sampson team in OKC a decade or so ago. he's a coach.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You don't make those comebacks without the other guy failing to do the little things...the 10-second call, not being as aggressive on the glass and missing the front end of a 1-and-1 that could've sealed it. Burke was fearless and McGary continues to grow up on the big stage but Kansas went Kansas.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Shoalzie wrote:You don't make those comebacks without the other guy failing to do the little things MOTHERFUCKING KARMA...
Bill Self is such a bitch. I didn't see it from where I was standing? Errr?

Looks like he wanted in on some of the action, fucking creep. Hardaway's look is priceless.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

For the first time I can remember, I actually felt sorry for KU. They had that game in the bag yet found a way to lose it. I give Michigan plenty of credit for making that happen, but still.

Elijah Johnson has to at least try to score on that last gasp drive but no, he chickened out and tossed the ball back outside, badly, for a prayer that had no chance. Not only that, he missed the first half of that 1 and 1 that would've sealed it.

Nice way to end your Gayhawk career, ku fans will forever blame you for that loss. I blame you for fucking up my bracket, leaving L-ville as my last team standing.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Kansas is fake tough like Self has fake hair...
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Rack Syracuse, If you're going to play hard, this is the time of the year to do it.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wolfman wrote:Rack Syracuse, If you're going to play hard, this is the time of the year to do it.
We disagree, it's all about the regular season dollars.

Sin,

Gtown
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Two of the worst offensive efforts in the tourney courtesy of the big two programs from 'Sconsin...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hack headline writers around the world collectively came at the idea that the surprise Final 4 team is called the Shockers...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Rack Syracuse, If you're going to play hard, this is the time of the year to do it.
We disagree, it's all about the regular season dollars.

Sin,

Gtown
Think I once saw a movie about you.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

fuck, shit piss, fuck, fuck

ok I am better now...

Props to the Shockers for taking it to the Buckeyes...good luck in the Final Four
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Bracket's broke...Buckeyes eliminated.

Need to get refocused...When does the BTPCF season start?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I stop caring about brackets once my title team eats it...for me, that was Thursday night.

Not exactly a nail-biter today...missed most of that beginning onslaught while getting Easter dinner around. They ripped their hearts out at the opening tip.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

FUKK DOOK.

In my office pool (50 people at $10 each but only for entertainment) out of eight remaining possible results I can only not win in three cases - Louisville wins the title or comes in second to Syracuse.

Sunday was the first time I have EVER wanted Ratzewski's team to win a game. And what do they do? :hfal: G0d and gOD I hate Duke.

Any chance Wichita State can pull out a win on Saturday?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Not much of one, nope. Louisville clearly has that Team of Destiny look about them.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:Not much of one, nope. Louisville clearly has that Team of Destiny look about them.
I'd say their chances are hovering around 95% now that Van punctuated his prediction with his snide dismissiveness, which is second to only a YAFJ prediction in guaranteeing the opposite.

Louisville has that Look of UNLV look about them, not destiny. Nothing supernatural about blowing everyone out. Michigan has more rights to the destiny narrative: lost the conference title when a ball that sat on the rim for half a minute went one way instead of the other then regrouped afterward; their ADHD golden retriever of a center discovering on the first weekend of the tourney that he can score points if he doesn't foul out in five minutes of play; getting absolutely crushed by Kansas but accidentally winning; etc. Syracuse also has more rights to the destiny thing since they possibly get Louisville in the final. Avenge the conference tourney loss and get in a part shot to the Big East, or whatever it's called now.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I can't wait to find out who 2013's version of Ed Martin is.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Your smack is as weak as you're a cut-and-run bitch.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I knew a bitter cunt like you would appreciate that. Enjoy your time in the sun, bitch, it'll be another 20 years before you're back.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

It's nice to be here even just the once, which is more than you even though you switch teams every time you get laid off. Anything ever good happen in your own life aside from daydreaming about shutyomouth at rando conventions?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:No kidding. I haven't figured that out yet
There's a lot in life you haven't figured out yet, considering your two time loser status. I don't need to explain anything to any of you half-wits. Go truck yourselves.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Our cut-and-run bitch cut and ran. :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:
Van wrote:Not much of one, nope. Louisville clearly has that Team of Destiny look about them.
I'd say their chances are hovering around 95% now that Van punctuated his prediction with his snide dismissiveness, which is second to only a YAFJ prediction in guaranteeing the opposite.
Link?
Louisville has that Look of UNLV look about them, not destiny. Nothing supernatural about blowing everyone out.
By "team of destiny" I'm referring to the fact that they look to be the best team and they're playing the best at the right time. That's all. I'm not talking about anything supernatural, although I suppose one can now add the extra motivation they're playing with following that horrific injury to Ward.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fair enough. Have you ever tallied how much your two divorces cost you in legal fees, court costs and assets you had to allocate to your ex-wives? Or does the money not matter, you're just one of those emasculated men who constantly need a woman living with them?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Looks like S_M just doesn't see any advantage to living with women. To each his own I guess but, really, does this discussion really belong in the BTPCBB forum?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:FUKK DOOK.

In my office pool (50 people at $10 each but only for entertainment) out of eight remaining possible results I can only not win in three cases - Louisville wins the title or comes in second to Syracuse.

Sunday was the first time I have EVER wanted Ratzewski's team to win a game. And what do they do? :hfal: G0d and gOD I hate Duke.

Any chance Wichita State can pull out a win on Saturday?
Looking good so far, Wichita up by 11. Fully expect Louisville to come back though.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Two great games last night. Great comeback by Louisville to win the game and Michigan took care of the 2-3 zone to get the Wolverines into the finals. Should be a great game on Monday night.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mace wrote:Two great games last night. Great comeback by Louisville to win the game and Michigan took care of the 2-3 zone to get the Wolverines into the finals. Should be a great game on Monday night.

Michigan has had their trouble with teams with length in the front court but they've survived against the likes of Kansas and Syracuse. Dieng vs. McGary should be a good matchup but it'll be a battle of the guards and it'll be less of a grind fest than the games on Saturday. The poor shooting from the line almost did the Wolverines in. Doesn't make sense that McGary can't hit a free throw but he's able to stick a jumper from the same distance with hands in his face. I was impressed with his ability to pass from the high post. The zone takes away a guard's ability to penetrate and dish out...it helped having a big that can pass out the middle of that zone.