Sweet 16 Thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Sweet 16 Thread

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fair enough. Have you ever tallied how much your two divorces cost you in legal fees, court costs and assets you had to allocate to your ex-wives? Or does the money not matter, you're just one of those emasculated men who constantly need a woman living with them?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Looks like S_M just doesn't see any advantage to living with women. To each his own I guess but, really, does this discussion really belong in the BTPCBB forum?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:FUKK DOOK.

In my office pool (50 people at $10 each but only for entertainment) out of eight remaining possible results I can only not win in three cases - Louisville wins the title or comes in second to Syracuse.

Sunday was the first time I have EVER wanted Ratzewski's team to win a game. And what do they do? :hfal: G0d and gOD I hate Duke.

Any chance Wichita State can pull out a win on Saturday?
Looking good so far, Wichita up by 11. Fully expect Louisville to come back though.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Two great games last night. Great comeback by Louisville to win the game and Michigan took care of the 2-3 zone to get the Wolverines into the finals. Should be a great game on Monday night.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mace wrote:Two great games last night. Great comeback by Louisville to win the game and Michigan took care of the 2-3 zone to get the Wolverines into the finals. Should be a great game on Monday night.

Michigan has had their trouble with teams with length in the front court but they've survived against the likes of Kansas and Syracuse. Dieng vs. McGary should be a good matchup but it'll be a battle of the guards and it'll be less of a grind fest than the games on Saturday. The poor shooting from the line almost did the Wolverines in. Doesn't make sense that McGary can't hit a free throw but he's able to stick a jumper from the same distance with hands in his face. I was impressed with his ability to pass from the high post. The zone takes away a guard's ability to penetrate and dish out...it helped having a big that can pass out the middle of that zone.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Who would've thought, out of the top five teams in the B1G with a realistic shot at making a run, that Michigan would be the one doing it? Before the tourney started, I thought OSU had an easy road but figured they had peaked a little early. I was never sold on Indiana being an elite contender. Wisconsin was a big mystery, but thought they could at least make the Sweet Sixteen. That left me with UM & MSU, and I just went with the latter based on Izzo's record in March.

Always knew that Michigan had a lot of talent but wasn't sure they had the right match ups in their bracket, especially that Kansas game. But the guards have been shooting great, and the growing confidence of McGary has really been the catalyst. This has been no fluke, just a talented young team finally putting it all together at the right time.

I do think UM will need a complete game from Burke versus L'ville. He can't have another quiet first half and expect to win this game. That, and I've seen Michigan struggle down the stretch at the free throw line. They basically handed that game to IU in Ann Arbor, and had it on a platter for Syracuse last night. Michigan will jump out to a quick start, but I think a few bursts from Pitino & co will be enough for the Cards to pull away at the end of the game. Hoping for a great final.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield