NCAA Tournament Thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

M Club
el capitán

NCAA Tournament Thread

Post by M Club »

I'm happy with Michigan's draw. Feel like we should be punished for sliding all the way to a 4 seed but have two very winnable games at the Palace before a reckoning with a pretty weak 1 seed in Kansas. Doubt that matchup will even happen since Kansas is the anti-Izzo when it comes to the NCAAs and is going to lose to WKU.

Iowa will win the NIT.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: NCAA Tournament Thread

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I was hoping scUM would draw the MAC winner again. Guaranteed L for the big Yellow Highlighters.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

They just played a MAC school in the CCHA tourney. Turned out well.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:They just played a MAC school in the CCHA tourney. Turned out well.
:oops:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I thought ND was underseeded as a 7. I thought we deserved a 6, maybe even a 5 after the win against Marquette in the Big East tourney.

Notwithstanding that fact, I like our draw. According to Brey, Iowa State is comparable to Pitt and Villanova, both teams we handled in the regular season. And tOSU is probably the best possible matchup for us among 2 seeds. To beat ND, you need to be able to hit jump shots with some regularity, something tOSU struggles with. And Dayton was the second-closest pod site to campus, only three miles farther than Auburn Hills.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I thought ND was underseeded as a 7.
The tournament committee was just bitch-slapping them for those Gawd-Awful day glo uniforms they have been sporting.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

M Club wrote:I'm happy with Michigan's draw. Feel like we should be punished for sliding all the way to a 4 seed but have two very winnable games at the Palace before a reckoning with a pretty weak 1 seed in Kansas. Doubt that matchup will even happen since Kansas is the anti-Izzo when it comes to the NCAAs and is going to lose to WKU.
If Michigan can avoid an upset in the early rounds, they should beat Kansas.
Iowa will win the NIT.
Well, they could win the NIT. I feel pretty good about their first round game against Indiana State at Carver but know very little about UMASS, who should be their second round opponent on the road. I'm just hoping they get to Madison Square Garden and then see what happens. Only real basketball junkies and fans of the teams playing give a shit about this tournament, but at least it will give the young Iowa players a chance to continue practice and play some games. You never know how these teams will respond to the disappointment of not making the Big Dance and it's a real test for the coaches to get them ready to play. The good thing about it is that my basketball viewing will run from Tuesday through Sunday this week, so I'd better stock up on beer.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

the SEC BSH'ing is strong with this one...

Ole Miss will have to get on a plane to get to KC...my $ is still on Wisconsin

so which two teams will be left?

IU and???

so you are expecting mammoth upsets in the 2nd round? Meaning Michigan gets upset by S. Dakota State? UCLA with no PG beats Minny? Are you the caucasean version of Sir Charles?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:B1G will be down to 2 teams after 2nd round.
Are you confident enough to wager $100 on that prediction? If so, I'll take it.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:And Dayton was the second-closest pod site to campus, only three miles farther than Auburn Hills.
Tis nothing but another tOSU home game. Gonna be nice and loud...wish I could make it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

M Club wrote:Doubt that matchup will even happen since Kansas is the anti-Izzo when it comes to the NCAAs and is going to lose to WKU.
would that were so as there is nothing I enjoy more than rubbing KU fans beaks in it. However, Kansas freaking happens and they are on a roll.

My Final 4:

Louisville
Kansas
Gonzaga
Miami

Louisville beats Kansas in the final.

oh, and Iowa State will beat ND in the first round and the B1G sucks shit.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:the SEC BSH'ing is strong with this one...

Ole Miss will have to get on a plane to get to KC...my $ is still on Wisconsin

so which two teams will be left?

IU and???

so you are expecting mammoth upsets in the 2nd round? Meaning Michigan gets upset by S. Dakota State? UCLA with no PG beats Minny? Are you the caucasean version of Sir Charles?
Actually, Larry Drew II has been doing a commendable job at PG all year. We lost our co-MVP SG - Jordan Adams in the last 5 seconds of a meaningless Pac tournament game. At full strength probably get by minny....not now.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Depends which Minnesota team shows up, Seer. They have the talent but no heart.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Twenty years ago... this week

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I thought ND was underseeded as a 7. I thought we deserved a 6, maybe even a 5 after the win against Marquette in the Big East tourney.

Notwithstanding that fact, I like our draw.
ND is going to find out just how good of a perimeter shooting team Iowa State is......I think ND is going down in their first game.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Felix wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I thought ND was underseeded as a 7. I thought we deserved a 6, maybe even a 5 after the win against Marquette in the Big East tourney.

Notwithstanding that fact, I like our draw.
ND is going to find out just how good of a perimeter shooting team Iowa State is......I think ND is going down in their first game.....
ISU will put up a lot of 3 pointers and, if they hit a decent percentage, ND will be in serious trouble. If they're not hitting the 3's, they're very beatable.....as they were when Iowa beat them back in December.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

War Wagon wrote:
would that were so as there is
WTF? Granted I got what you were trying to convey, but that was a fricking hatchet job.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

granted OSU has played some great ball down the stretch...but I can't for the life of me see where all these "experts" have them going FF or winning it...

I see at MAX Elite 8...

but that's just me...

and the SEC BSH is strong with Sam...Ole Miss in his Final Four...uh you know they will have to travel by PLANE more than 2x for that right?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:My final four:
Mississippi
Sudden Myopian wrote: :lol:
No argument there, that is pretty damn funny.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote: picking Ole Miss

I do see them taking out Wisky. If they can't get past those pasty-assed, plodding white boys, something's bad wrong in Oxford.

You're an idiot.

You never fail to deliver.

Oh yeah, this sport is played with one of these...

Just to get ya up to speed.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I don't see Ole Miss beating Wisky, who's playing really good basketball right now, as painful as it may be to watch.

Of the 12/5 match ups, I kinda like Cal over UNLV (back away from the Jergens, toolio). I'm just never big on these hyped up MWC teams. They never do anything in March.

Final Four I'll go...

Midwest: Michigan State - Total homer pick, but not unreasonable. Everybody's healthy and they're one of the most well-rounded teams in the field. Having to potentially beat Duke AND Louisville just to get to the Final Four is a scary thought. Won't be easy.

South: Florida - I like Florida a lot. Lots of athletes, can shoot, can defend, and they have a proven coach. Only thing that concerns me is the lack of quality road/neutral site wins. Kansas is a total paper tiger to me. I'm not putting a team that lost to freaking TCU in my Final Four. Plus I could easily see them losing to UNC in the second round. That's a bad draw for them. Georgetown? JRIII is a horrible tournament coach. Wake me when he does something.

East: Indiana - But wouldn't be surprised in the least if it's Miami.

West: Gonzaga - I don't think Gonzaga is that great, really, but I think they've got a very manageable path. If they face OSU in the EE, that's a toss up game to me.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I don't see Ole Miss beating Wisky...
and then
I like Florida a lot.
You do realize, of course, that Ole Miss just beat Florida for the SEC tourney title, right?

Your take does not compute.

Kansas is a total paper tiger to me. I'm not putting a team that lost to freaking TCU in my Final Four. Plus I could easily see them losing to UNC in the second round. That's a bad draw for them.
Fuck, here I am defending Kansas... again. Somebody shoot me.

KU is playing in KC, their own backyard. I'm as certain that KU will win both games at the Sprint Center as I am that Mizzou will lose to Louisville in Lexington. Bad draw you say? For North Carolina maybe, assuming they beat Villanova, which is not a safe assumption at all.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: I do see them taking out Wisky. If they can't get past those pasty-assed, plodding white boys, something's bad wrong in Oxford. Mississippi has two tough bangers down low and if Henderson is hitting, it could be a runaway.
Take it from BIG fans who say the same shit twice a year yet never seem to learn. No one's running away from a team that whittles 4 minutes off the clock every time down. You can average 1.4 points per possession against Wisco and still only score 37 for the entire game.

Also, some shitty ass team that couldn't hack the SEC and only got into the tournament because they play in said shitty SEC so didn't encounter much resistance in the conference tourney. Should have just donated your bracket buy-in to charity.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:You do realize, of course, that Ole Miss just beat Florida for the SEC tourney title, right?

Your take does not compute.
So what? They're a 12 seed for a reason. I don't trust them to beat a disciplined Wisky team that has played well all year.
KU is playing in KC, their own backyard. I'm as certain that KU will win both games at the Sprint Center as I am that Mizzou will lose to Louisville in Lexington. Bad draw you say? For North Carolina maybe, assuming they beat Villanova, which is not a safe assumption at all.
I just think of all the 1 seeds, they're the most likely to get upset early. If they get by UNC/Nova, I think the winner of Mich/VCU gets 'em.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I've got Duke, Ohio State, Florida, and Indiana in the Final Four with Duke beating the Hoosiers in the finals. It's the NCAA Tournament, so who knows? Gonna be a fun tournament to watch this year....just like every year.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I've got a quasi redux of the 2000 tourney:

Michigan State, Wisconsin, Florida, Butler

MSU over Florida

*OSU & Indiana out in the 2nd round :?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Is Ole Miss the team that lost to Middle Tennessee ?

The same Middle Tennessee that got their asses handed to them a couple of days ago by some small private school here in the Bay Area that's 10 miles away from Cal ?

The SEC is not looking good... hell, even Arizona beat Florida.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

God Barkley is an idiot...
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

FTR, FInal Four: Duke, OSU, Michigan, Indiana

Duke over Michigan for the Championship.

Sam, you can't just treat toolio like the little autistic kid down the street who keeps repeating the same shit over and over.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^

pppfffftttt...3B1G teams...you are an idiot

sin,

Charles
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:Is Cal the team that gave up 81 points to plodding Wisconsin?

Are the Bears the team that lost to Harvard? Harvard?

Are the Bears the school that lost to a below .500 Utah?

Didn't the Bears already lose to UNLV? At Berkeley?

See, we can do this all day...

Once again, "slow on wit" fails to conceptualize the argument in my thesis.

Let me help ya out here... do you see "Cal" mentioned at all in my argument ???

Take your time.

I must say, at least you found someone equally inept in Atomic Punk's dad, when it comes to critical thinking.

Bravo, my southern hillbilly... you're a mastermind of the mindless.

Let me try your logical thinking for a sec., shall I ?

How is Alabama doing in their bracket ???

Hardy har har !
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

So what argument are you trying to make in this thread other than your usual drivel with an oversized pic of a 20 year old SI cover and pimping of anything from the gay bay?

That SEC basketball sucks cock, I just assumed that was a given.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M2 wrote:Is Ole Miss the team that lost to Middle Tennessee ?

The same Middle Tennessee that got their asses handed to them a couple of days ago by some small private school here in the Bay Area that's 10 miles away from Cal ?

The SEC is not looking good... hell, even Arizona beat Florida.
So you're suggesting that this post makes sense?!

:lol:

Trust me, I'm not shocked that it was too confusing for you to understand.

But that was basically my point.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I might do better with this bracket.

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

M2 wrote:Bravo, my southern hillbilly... you're a mastermind of the mindless.

So, you admit that he's still your intellectual superior? Got it...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Steve Alford and the Lobos drop a first round game to Harvard. Harvard??? Seriously? The conference champ from the best conference in the country.....at least according to the RPI rankings, Screwy, and Charles Barkley...losing to an Ivy League school? A #3 seed losing to a #14? Well, at least that's not a first for Alford. I also believe "the best conference in the country" lost 4 out of 5 games today. Nice job. And, yeah, I don't like Alford. Props to Harvard for the win that made my day.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote:And, yeah, I don't like Alford.
Like a spurned woman. I'd drop your tomb of a basketball program in a heartbeat, too.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote:And, yeah, I don't like Alford.
Like a spurned woman. I'd drop your tomb of a basketball program in a heartbeat, too.

No one was upset that he left, dumbfuck, only that he didn't leave sooner.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:Steve Alford and the Lobos drop a first round game to Harvard. Harvard??? Seriously? The conference champ from the best conference in the country.....at least according to the RPI rankings, Screwy, and Charles Barkley...losing to an Ivy League school? A #3 seed losing to a #14? Well, at least that's not a first for Alford. I also believe "the best conference in the country" lost 4 out of 5 games today. Nice job. And, yeah, I don't like Alford. Props to Harvard for the win that made my day.
Don't forget UNLV losing to the 12th seeded Fighting Toolios. And Boise State not even getting out of the "first round" play-in game. SDSU and Colorado State are all they have left to carry their torch. But hey, some quantitative formula says they're the best, so that's good enough for Screw.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

it's good enough for me as well

Sin,

Sir Charles

I love Charles talking about how the B1G doesn't have any great players outside of say Zeller or Burke...I am guessing he hasn't seen guys like Appling, Harris, DeShuan Thomas, Craft, etc play this year...

anyone seen Hightower, Hess or Teddy Valentine yet?