NCAA Tournament Thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: NCAA Tournament Thread

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I believe I saw TV Teddy out west...Salt Lake?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I believe I saw TV Teddy out west...Salt Lake?
Do you suppose there's any chance he would just stay there?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Don't forget UNLV losing to the 12th seeded Fighting Toolios. And Boise State not even getting out of the "first round" play-in game. SDSU and Colorado State are all they have left to carry their torch. But hey, some quantitative formula says they're the best, so that's good enough for Screw.
I guess its a natural reaction to the massive amount of big conference crank that is inhaled both on this board and in the press. Now I want my money or someone's going to get shot.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:it's good enough for me as well

Sin,

Sir Charles

I love Charles talking about how the B1G doesn't have any great players outside of say Zeller or Burke...I am guessing he hasn't seen guys like Appling, Harris, DeShuan Thomas, Craft, etc play this year...
Really, the way to prove a guy doesn't know what the ffff he's talking about is to demonstrate that you don't know what you're talking about.
Last edited by M Club on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screwy's expecting to get paid for his stupidity like Charles? You want paid? Grab your jizz mop.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Don't forget UNLV losing to the 12th seeded Fighting Toolios. And Boise State not even getting out of the "first round" play-in game. SDSU and Colorado State are all they have left to carry their torch. But hey, some quantitative formula says they're the best, so that's good enough for Screw.
I guess its a natural reaction to the massive amount of big conference crank that is inhaled both on this board and in the press. Now I want my money or someone's going to get shot.
Oh look, the board prognosticator finally made an appearance. Any betting tips so the rest of us can lay money on the opposite?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

"I lost to another 14 seed? Thank God New Mexico gave me a 10 year contract extension before we played this game. There's no place to go from here....except maybe the SEC."
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Wisconsin going down to Ole Miss. See ya, Bo. :lol: Screws up my brackets but I'm not complaining.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Fuck you, Bo Ryan. I only had you flopping assholes winning one game, and you couldn't do that much. They were a dumpster fire today. That was some of the worst basketball I have ever seen. No wonder they jammed that abortion on TRUTV.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Why can't you get drunk at Bo Ryan's restaurant?

Because you get tossed out after the first round.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

shhhhh....

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Rack LaSalle. Great game to watch.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I knew once Illinois got out to a big lead it wasn't close to being over. Once they get a little separation on someone, they get lazy and start bricking threes. If Colorado stays aggressive and keeps attacking the rim they should win this.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

It's like Lou Henson never left.

It looks like Colorado has messed up an opportunity to win this game.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:shhhhh....

I've see La Salle play probably three times in the last four years I've been going to GW games. They're really good this year. I wasn't surprised to see them beat K-State, but that's about the only thing I've been right about.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Georgetown shittin' the bed is going to fuck up a lot of brackets, including mine, as if it wasn't already fucked.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rest assured Georgetown cares more about the money it makes being affiliated with John Thompson Jr than being an elite program because his son is a horrible coach, arguably the most overpaid in the country.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I may not know much, but if I could bestow a single pearl of wisdom to anybody filling out their bracket, it would be to NEVER, under ANY circumstance, pick Georgetown to make a deep run.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I may not know much, but if I could bestow a single pearl of wisdom to anybody filling out their bracket, it would be to NEVER, under ANY circumstance, pick Georgetown to make a deep run.
Where were you yesterday when I was filling out my brackets??? I had them making it to the Sweet 16. Lesson learned.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's quite simply enough for Gtown to kick back and let the Old Man call the shots because they make a shitload of money and are going to basically dominate this new league, but man, his son can't even make it out of the first weekend. He's gonna milk at least 20 years out of one accidental Final Four unless the Old Man pulls a Bill Wirtz beforehand.

I want one of those JTIII student shirts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote: Where were you yesterday when I was filling out my brackets??? I had them making it to the Sweet 16. Lesson learned.
Lesson learned? What rock were you sleeping under the last six seasons? Oh yeah, Iowa.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I may not know much, but if I could bestow a single pearl of wisdom to anybody filling out their bracket, it would be to NEVER, under ANY circumstance, pick Georgetown to make a deep run.
Where were you yesterday when I was filling out my brackets??? I had them making it to the Sweet 16. Lesson learned.
So did I, and I feel stupid for taking them THAT far. I don't think two wins constitutes a "deep run" though. More like EE or further.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote: Where were you yesterday when I was filling out my brackets??? I had them making it to the Sweet 16. Lesson learned.
Lesson learned? What rock were you sleeping under the last six seasons? Oh yeah, Iowa.
Get back to your jizz mop, douchebag, and continue making excuses for Georgetown's incompetence.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote: Get back to your jizz mop, douchebag, and continue making excuses for Georgetown's incompetence.
I'm not the idiot who picked them to win two games, I actually have been paying attention. Fuck off you prostate tickling cunt.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:shhhhh....

I've see La Salle play probably three times in the last four years I've been going to GW games. They're really good this year. I wasn't surprised to see them beat K-State, but that's about the only thing I've been right about.

They have good guard play but K-State exploited them inside. But I like how tough they played once K State tied it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Khalif Wyatt has the worst looking jumper ever but man is the dude lethal when he's not playing GW.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote: Get back to your jizz mop, douchebag, and continue making excuses for Georgetown's incompetence.
I'm not the idiot who picked them to win two games, I actually have been paying attention. Fuck off you prostate tickling cunt.
My bad. I should have known better than to trust the RPI rankings and a #2 seed playing a powerhouse like Florida Gulf Coast when I made my picks. :roll:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote:My bad. I should have known better than to trust the RPI rankings and a #2 seed playing a powerhouse like Florida Gulf Coast when I made my picks. :roll:
Gtown hasn't made it out of the first weekend since 2007 and you're acting like this is brand fucking news. Fuck off, Kunta Kinte.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote:My bad. I should have known better than to trust the RPI rankings and a #2 seed playing a powerhouse like Florida Gulf Coast when I made my picks. :roll:
Gtown hasn't made it out of the first weekend since 2007 and you're acting like this is brand fucking news. Fuck off, Kunta Kinte.
And they were playing Florida Gulf Coast, at team that has never been to the tournament. I knew the Big East was shitty but I didn't realize they were SEC shitty. Besides, you're the dumbfuck who thinks the RPI ranking is the bomb. :roll: Of course, you're also the dumbass who hasn't figured out the infield fly rule too, so your idiocy should come as a surprise to no one.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

In other news, it doesn't look right now as if Iowa State was such a "good draw" for the Irish despite the fact that ND is trying to scare the Cyclones with some Oregon-ugly fucking uniforms.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mace wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
And they were playing Florida Gulf Coast, at team that has never been to the tournament.
I purposely tuned into that game because every talking-head in the country this past week said the Hoyas were in for a fight. Spot on. Now if only WKU could've gotten some shots to fall in the second half last night. I think it would've been worth the double technical had one of the Hilltoppers kicked the knees out from under that big, dumb, slow pile-of-shit Jeff Withy and sent him writhing in pain to the bench. We'll see how well the Redleggers fare once a team with a physical inside game gets his fairy-ass in foul trouble...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mace wrote:In other news, it doesn't look right now as if Iowa State was such a "good draw" for the Irish despite the fact that ND is trying to scare the Cyclones with some Oregon-ugly fucking uniforms.
Not to belabor the fact, but
Felix wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I thought ND was underseeded as a 7. I thought we deserved a 6, maybe even a 5 after the win against Marquette in the Big East tourney.

Notwithstanding that fact, I like our draw.
ND is going to find out just how good of a perimeter shooting team Iowa State is......I think ND is going down in their first game.....
not to beat a dead horse, but I've seeb the Cyclones play a couple of times this year, and I know how good of shooters they are....When you hit 43 percent of your 3 point tries, you can beat a lot of people..I don't think that's going to be enough against Arizona, but if they get hot, there's no telling.....Lasalle beat Wisky playing five guards, so who knows
get out, get out while there's still time
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That G'town/FGCU game was a racial stereotype mindfuck. The black guys are playing the plodding, Princeton style offense while the big white stiffs are getting up and down the floor and throwing down alley oops.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The black guys are playing the plodding, Princeton style offense
BUT BUT BUT, it works! I went to Princeton!

Sin, this idiot

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

McGary is a star...
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Burke had alot more problems with the VCU's trap than I thought he would...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

FLW Buckeye wrote:Burke had alot more problems with the VCU's trap than I thought he would...

He had a pretty average weekend but McGary/GR3/Hardaway were tremendous.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

McGary certainly had an excellent game...owning the paint.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Neither team they played had legit bigs...they could get away with rolling out 3 guards all 80 minutes and McGary's talent and energy created the biggest mismatch on the floor. Morgan basically had the weekend off.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Save it for on the floor, boys...