Is there a bigger ASSBAG

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Is there a bigger ASSBAG

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

than Tom Crean...this guy is a fucking asshole x infinity...

Publicy asks on a B1G conference call about a player of the week award
Gets up in Aaron Crafts grill in the handshake line
CUTS DOWN THE NETS after a LOSS when the conference Championship was still in doubt (meaning a tie or outright)
CONSISTENTLY out of the coaches box
and then SUNDAY that beauty of a classy win at Michigan...

what a fucking douche rocket
M Club
el capitán

Re: Is there a bigger ASSBAG

Post by M Club »

Crean on Monday said he apologized to Meyer by phone on Sunday night after he left the Crisler Center, calling the incident a “professional misunderstanding.”
[John Beilein] On whether or not Tom Crean called Jeff Meyer to apologize after the game: “Like I said, I’m talking about what Michigan does. I’m not commenting on what Tom Crean does or anything. I’m just saying Michigan’s going to win with class, we’re going to lose with class, and our players and our assistant coaches and everyone’s going to do it. So, I’m not confirming anything. I’m just telling you this is Michigan, this is how we act and what we do.”
I'll just go ahead and add lying to your list of douchebaggery.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:CUTS DOWN THE NETS after a LOSS when the conference Championship was still in doubt (meaning a tie or outright)
No, the co-championship was locked up. The only thing that was in doubt was the outright title. Still kinda lame though, I agree.

I think the main thing any coach could take from Crean would be to start pounding coffee, Diet Cokes and Redbulls for 24 hours straight. That guy's, uh, energy seems to rub off on his team for the full 40 minutes.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Not my best work, but still.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

buckeye_in_sc wrote: CUTS DOWN THE NETS after a LOSS when the conference Championship was still in doubt (meaning a tie or outright)

That was just absurd. Crean is quickly developing a reputation as a Grade A douchebag.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I thought this thread would be about Bo Ryan. Guess not.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

:lol:

The haters come out when you're back on top I guess.

The Craft rumor is just that, a rumor. Because I'm sure if that had really happened it wouldn't have taken over a week to come out. On an internet rumor. From a tO$U source.

The net cutting was more a function of celebrating how far this senior class had come. From going 3-15 in conference to winning a B1G title in what many consider to be the best the league has been in a very long time.

Out of the coaches box. Really? You brought that up. Really?

I'm always out of the coaches box too.

SIn,

every single D1 coach

I guess we'll ignore the scUM assistant telling Crean to go fuck himself in the handshake line which is what prompted the response. The response to someone who was complicit in a shady staff at IU. And is now doing shady stuff for scUM in recruiting. Yeah, scUM is all class here. Crean certainly should have stayed above the fray but me personally, I like a coach with some fire who isn't going to take shit lying down. He told everyone to get their kicks in 3 years ago. Now IU is wearing the boots.

I guess he could have taken a lesson in class from all those upstanding coaches tO$U has had. :meds:

Again, the haters come out when you're back on top. Nobody had an issue with Crean when IU was 1-17 in the league.

:hfal: :hfal: :hfal:
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

right because splitting with OSU is really getting his boots in...

get over yourself IU fan this isn't 81 or 87...

no he was and always will be a douche rocket...
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Regardless of what other posters have said, Crean's behavior was, at best, a bad display of sportsmanship. As a head coach, he should be above the pettiness, and not be representing IU as a sore winner.

Crean showed his ass...otherwise, he wouldn't had to apologize. It will be interesting to see if this is a one-time incident or character flaw...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Shine wrote: The Craft rumor is just that, a rumor. Because I'm sure if that had really happened it wouldn't have taken over a week to come out. On an internet rumor. From a tO$U source.
I guess we'll ignore the scUM assistant telling Crean to go fuck himself in the handshake line which is what prompted the response. The response to someone who was complicit in a shady staff at IU. And is now doing shady stuff for scUM in recruiting. Yeah, scUM is all class here.
Basically, let's ignore the rumor that makes Crean look bad but consider the one that mitigates his Harbaughishness?? Let's flesh this out: Meyer told Crean to GFY then Crean took a few moments to compose himself before interrupting a conversation Meyer was having with an IU assistant to finally offer his measured response? Er, okay.

Shady stuff on the recruiting trail must mean offering players no one wants a part of.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

From Doug Gottlieb's CBS Article (In no way am I saying I love Gottlieb)...but a B1G coach saying that...NICE...Crean = Douchenozzle

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... b/21860424

As for Crean yelling, "You helped ruin our program" at former IU assistant Jeff Meyer, Crean should be ashamed of himself. What could be perceived as a lack of class in such situations has been noticed by other Big Ten coaches. One league coach said of Crean, "He never played, so he has this insecurity wrapped up with being totally aloof from how things are done. He has a hell of a team, but I have no use for the guy and his handshake antics, or his full-court press when he is up 30."
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

yeah what is the shady UM recruiting stuff? Please share...
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Crean/Craft and Meyer/Crean GFY are both rumors. But look at each one.

Crean/Craft when alleged to have taken place wasn't reported the day of. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. When it finally was reported it wasn't until AFTER a Crean incident had taken place (the on-court Crean/Meyer which is fact not rumor) and it came from a tO$U source. Trying to further paint Crean in a bad light when it's public knowledge Matta and Crean hate each other.

Meyer/Crean handshake GFY was alleged to have taken place at the end of a game ending at approx. 6 PM on Sunday. By 10 PM on Sunday twitter and internet rumors were spreading about the GFY incident which was coming from a cameraman who was alleged to have overheard it.

So yeah, as far as rumors go the Meyer/Crean one has more circumstantial credibility. Doesn't mean it's true of course.

Regardless if GFY took place or not I don't really care. People act like Crean channeled his inner John Chaney and threatened to kill Meyer or something. No cursing took place, no physical altercation took place. Crean lobbed a couple verbal jabs toward Meyer before the IU assistant Buckley walked him away. Right time and place, no. Not really a big deal though and as a totally biased viewpoint I'm glad to see the IU coach not taking shit lying down. You know which IU coach the other league coaches loved? Mike Davis. They could beat him easily and recruit circles around him. Not shocking that the coach who woke up a sleeping giant isn't well liked.

As for the tO$U clown who started this thread...

First you throw out the "out of the coaches box" doozy, now Gottlieb. :lol: :lol:

Crean never played. You know who else didn't? Rick Majerus. Or Roy Williams. Or Chuck Daly. Or Mark Few. Or Buzz Williams. Or Scott Drew.

You know which B1G coach said that? Thad Matta. The guy who hates (feeling mutual) Tom Crean. Nobody benefited more from IU being down than Matta. He doesn't like the new dynamics where he can't waltz into Indiana and walk out with the top HS talent anymore. His job, along with everyone else in the league, got a lot harder when IU righted its ship. That's why 2 years ago when Matta had the clear #1 team in the country and IU was not even NIT eligible Matta went out of his way to both pound IU on the court and off the court. Crean isn't going to forget that; so yeah he's a dick in the handshake line and blows by Matta. He's not going to be fake nice to a guy who slung mud at IU/Crean hardcore for 3 years while they were down. Again, I'm glad the guy coaching my squad isn't going to take shit lightly.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Rack Shine.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

wow apparently you don't get the whole "smack" thing huh?

So you come in and put your cute tO$U and what such...how nice...

as it was said to Crean GFY...this is a message board for one and two yeah it's cool to have IU back to some sort of respectability...but the word is Painter said that...not Matta...but hey you apparently are plugged into Crean's anal canal so you would know...but you threw out a bomb of shady recruiting by UM and when asked didn't provide specifics...

this is a basketball smackboard again right? just checking

yeah I don't want a coach lying down either...but hey if you like his antics then so be it...cool man...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Shine wrote:Crean/Craft and Meyer/Crean GFY are both rumors. But look at each one.

Crean/Craft when alleged to have taken place wasn't reported the day of. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. When it finally was reported it wasn't until AFTER a Crean incident had taken place (the on-court Crean/Meyer which is fact not rumor) and it came from a tO$U source. Trying to further paint Crean in a bad light when it's public knowledge Matta and Crean hate each other.

Meyer/Crean handshake GFY was alleged to have taken place at the end of a game ending at approx. 6 PM on Sunday. By 10 PM on Sunday twitter and internet rumors were spreading about the GFY incident which was coming from a cameraman who was alleged to have overheard it.

So yeah, as far as rumors go the Meyer/Crean one has more circumstantial credibility. Doesn't mean it's true of course.

Regardless if GFY took place or not I don't really care. People act like Crean channeled his inner John Chaney and threatened to kill Meyer or something. No cursing took place, no physical altercation took place. Crean lobbed a couple verbal jabs toward Meyer before the IU assistant Buckley walked him away. Right time and place, no. Not really a big deal though and as a totally biased viewpoint I'm glad to see the IU coach not taking shit lying down. You know which IU coach the other league coaches loved? Mike Davis. They could beat him easily and recruit circles around him. Not shocking that the coach who woke up a sleeping giant isn't well liked.
Comparing both incidents just makes Crean look like even more of a dick stopper. Told to GFY so took a lap around the court to think of a comeback and all the staircase wit he could come up with was to thank a guy for helping to facilitate the job opening he eventually took? I mean, Catholics and Jews, Tom Crean and the Sampson coaching staff. If they hadn't destroyed Indiana basketball he'd be coaching Tennessee right now. Probably should have said thank you instead.

The sleeping giant angle is laughable, though. Everyone hates your coach because you won a few games and not because he's a disingenuous fuck bag. :meds: If you really want to stick it to the Thad Mattas of the world you should win games without acting like him.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Does anyone know if IU cut down the nets after beating ILL?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Does anyone know if IU cut down the nets after beating ILL?
Doing it today would get them out of Chicago a little earlier on Sunday but I don't think they did.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

thanks mace...just wondering if you know it was Crean sending a message and all to the rest of the B1G...[KGB] WE WILL NOT BE PUSHED AROUND [KGB] :meds: