Props to Sparty

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Shoalzie
WingNut

Props to Sparty

Post by Shoalzie »

You'll never beat a Izzo-coached team playing soft and dumb...first time all year they played like a young team. It's a bitch to win on the road in this league this year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Props to Sparty

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

MSU has been playing up/down to the competition, so I thought they would play well last night but didn't see that beat down coming. Last night is what happens when the bigs and guards play well at the same time, which has been a struggle at times this year. UM is a good team, but playing a team with a deep front line is a bad matchup for them. There aren't a lot of teams that play multiple true 5s anymore, so once they get into the tournament they'll probably be okay from a matchup standpoint.

I really like MSU's versatility. They can do a little bit of everything on offense plus defend and rebound. Plus they've got a couple of closers in Appling and Harris.

Still a lot of basketball to be played and MSU, UM, IU and Wisky are all still in the thick of it. Wisky isn't as good as the other three, but the back end of their schedule is very favorable.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That game was a clusterfuck but Burke made the big plays in the end. I don't think Michigan deserves any extra prestigue for winning that today...it's more or less they held serve. Unlike Wisconsin today, you're expected to win at home.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Wisconsin is a total flake of a team. No idea what you're gonna get out of them game by game.

I'll go ahead and predict that they'll win the B1G conference tourney and then get bounced on the opening Thursday of MM.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

They seem to win if they can drag you into their the type of a game...they want to win games in the 50s or 60s. They don't really have team that can score on the level of the other top teams in the conference. I'm surprised to see them reach the 70s as many times as they have when see the number of times they can't break 50.