One more reason I hate this Chiefs team

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

kcdave
crusader

One more reason I hate this Chiefs team

Post by kcdave »

http://www.bottomlinecom.com/chiefs-lin ... autograph/

UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!! Our top 2 offensive players are nothing but jock sniffers.
kcdave
crusader

Re: One more reason I hate this Chiefs team

Post by kcdave »

Love resetting my own thread.

Pretty sure I like this rumor:

Bill Polian to KC, even if it would have to include his kid.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP ... -6686.html

Can't say I have ever heard of this website. Anyone familiar with them?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

One more miserable beat down to go. Time to start thinking forward.

Rumors about Bill and Chris Polian heading this way continue. *Like
Whispers of Chip or Brian Kelly as coach linger.
I have been very impressed with Bruce Arians. Have to put him at the top of my list right now.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

38-3 beat down from the donks. I'm not surprised.
Thankfully this miserable season is finally over.
Lots of rumors flying around. Romeo is gone for sure.
Not so sure about Pioli right now though.
Unprecedented fan revolt if they keep him though.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Early draft talk...Jags picking #1, the rumors are swirling about them wanting Tebow and they still have Gabbert so they won't go with a QB. Do they go with Jarvis Jones or Star Lotulelei?

The Chiefs at #2 would be a natural spot for a QB but Geno Smith isn't exactly Luck or RG3. Just a bad year to need a QB when they can probably get a decent option later in the draft...they probably should stick with defense. They can probably get Tyler Wilson (or even Barkley) in the 2nd round if they're smart.

The Eagles at #3 have Foles...they need o-line help but their defense is also awful.

The Leos at #4 need lots of help on defense...Te'o, Moore, Milliner, or Werner would work for me. I'm all for letting Avril walk...grab an outside rusher or a DB. Milliner would be the best pick at that spot for a corner.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Jags 1, Chiefs 2? Huh?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

kcdave wrote:Jags 1, Chiefs 2? Huh?

Both won 2 games...who gets #1?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:Cheaps - on strength of schedule (or lack thereof)
they picked the wrong year to get the number one draft pick if they're looking for a QB
get out, get out while there's still time
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Felix wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Cheaps - on strength of schedule (or lack thereof)
they picked the wrong year to get the number one draft pick if they're looking for a QB

Yeah, either way...they'd be foolish to take a QB at that spot when there's solid defensive talent available and you can probably get an okay QB prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round. Since rookie contracts are more reasonable under the new CBA, paying for a defensive player at a top pick is easier to take.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sudden Sam wrote:
kcdave wrote:One more miserable beat down to go. Time to start thinking forward.

Rumors about Bill and Chris Polian heading this way continue. *Like
Whispers of Chip or Brian Kelly as coach linger.
I have been very impressed with Bruce Arians. Have to put him at the top of my list right now.
If I was the Chiefs' braintrust, I'd be trying to hire Arians ASAP.

It's going to be...... Andy Reid. :hfal: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

IF this damn deal ever gets done, it will be a great day in KC.
Gotta go out and get a great qb though. Great QB's make coaches great.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

kcdave wrote:IF this damn deal ever gets done, it will be a great day in KC.
Gotta go out and get a great qb though. Great QB's make coaches great.
So who is the great coach they are hiring?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:Compared to Edwards, Haley & Crennel - Reid is Lombardi

We haven't had a playoff win since Montana was here in 93

You Eagle fans don't know how good you had it making the playoffs with him all those years
Look, if your goal is to get your team to the playoffs, Reid is probably a decent choice for a coach.

The reality is the early success Reid had was more on the shoulders of a defense coached by the late Jim Johnson. It's no coincidence that the defense has been horrible since his death. Johnson's system was innovative and caused turnovers and intense pressure. This covered up the fact that Andy Reid's pass-happy offense under-utilized players like Westbrook and now McCoy.

Be careful what you wish for, Scott. And be prepared for his post-game press conferences to contain the phrase "I gotta do a better job" over and over and over.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Pioli just got canned.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote: I think he develops QBs well and seems to ave a decent eye for college talent.
I will partially agree with your first point.

His drafting?

(courtesy of http://www.csnphilly.com/football-phila ... kID=818785)
Here's a breakdown of his 14 seasons:

• Reid has selected 125 players over his 14 drafts.

• Reid has had 12 first-round, 19 second-round, 13 third-round, 23 fourth-round, 18 fifth -round, 21 sixth-round, and 19 seventh-round picks.

• Reid selected five players from California, more than any other school (four each from Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and USC).

• Fourteen players each were selected from the SEC, Pac-10, and Big 10 in Reid's 14 seasons.

• Reid drafted 16 linebackers during his tenure, but not one was ever named to a Pro Bowl.

• The QB guru selected six QB in his 14 years. Donovan McNabb had a 98-62-1 career record, while the rest (A.J. Feeley, Andy Hall, Kevin Kolb, Mike Kafka, and Nick Foles) have a combined 18-27 mark.

• His 2002 draft (Lito Sheppard, Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown, Brian Westbrook, Raheem Brock) is by far his best.

• Reid's 2001 (Freddie Mitchell and Quinton Caver) and 2003 (Jerome McDougle and L.J. Smith) drafts crippled the Eagles during a period where even solid drafts probably win them a Super Bowl.

• The 2010 draft (Brandon Graham and Nate Allen) was supposed to fill the roster for an Eagles resurgence. Instead, of the 13 picks, only Graham looks like a real contributor going forward.

• The 2011 draft (Danny Watkins, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Curtis Marsh) may haunt this team well into the next coach's tenure.

That last point can not be stressed enough. This team fell apart b/c among many reasons, they had little to no depth on the roster do in large part to very poor 2010 and 2011 drafts. Given that Reid had ultimate control (and is getting it in KC) you should be worried. Very worried.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: His drafting?

That last point can not be stressed enough. This team fell apart b/c among many reasons, they had little to no depth on the roster do in large part to very poor 2010 and 2011 drafts. Given that Reid had ultimate control (and is getting it in KC) you should be worried. Very worried.
Looks like he's bringing in John Dorsey from Packers to be the GM. Dorsey was the Dir of College scouting and GB has had a pretty solid recent draft history

Now quit trying to piss on this singular day of joy in Cheaps fans 2012 football season

Just for you, Scott

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Anyone else in the AFC crowd particularly worried to see Reid in KC? Me neither.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:Anyone else in the AFC crowd particularly worried to see Reid in KC? Me neither.
Yeah, but what if he brings in Tebow to take over as QB?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: His drafting?

Looks like he's bringing in John Dorsey from Packers to be the GM. Dorsey was the Dir of College scouting and GB has had a pretty solid recent draft history
Reid has total control over personnel according to what read. Any GM there will be Reid's flunky. Bad...no horrible decision to give personnel control over to somebody with such a dismal record of running a draft.

I'm liking this hire more and more. Pity Crennel could stick it out, though.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

We have seen it with coaches before and we will see it with more coaches in the future...... they wear out their welcome, and their message starts to fall on deaf ears.
It was time for Reid to move on. Move on to KC! This team just became a .500 team if they lined up and played the same schedule with the same roster from this season.
6 more wins from the coaching staff and the removal of Pioli the dictator. Coaching matters, and bad vibes from the front office matters. Its a new day in KC!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:Anyone else in the AFC crowd particularly worried to see Reid in KC? Me neither.
Whatever, Bitterman. Clunt pwned the Span-holes by signing your native son out from under you. Dago-based talkers have ChargerFan hanging from shower-rods all over that crime-ridden barrio. Die from a Tijuana horse-rape, you Tebow-felching peter-slit.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Interesting that these Super Bowl winning coaches won those titles at their second team

Belichick - Browns / Pats
Dungy Bucs / Colts
Coughlin Jags / Giants
And Vermiel and Shula. None of those guys have spent 14 years on that first team either. I'm not sure what else he's got. He's not a very impressive game manager or talent evaluator and has been mediocre at best for the last 8 years. That's a pretty big sample size.

On the other hand, things can only get better. Reid is definitely superior to Crennell but that isn't saying much.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Truman wrote:Whatever, Bitterman. Clunt pwned the Span-holes by signing your native son out from under you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knock yourself out. My previous posts on the topic made it pretty clear that I regarded the prospect of Andy Reid coming to San Diego with a sense of horror and dismay.

Now I'm "Laughing Out Loud."
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Interestingly, the Chiefs will play in Philly this upcoming season.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:Anyone else in the AFC crowd particularly worried to see Reid in KC?
not really
get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

most Chiefs fans think the Reid hiring was a home run. I dunno about that. But what I do know is that it's nice to see Clark Hunt do something, anything, to change the direction of this franchise.

For now, I will quit thinking he's a total fucking retard.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:Reid is really in pretty good shape, I think it's just the coat

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I'm just prepping you guys.

I thought this quote from Reid's PC was funny:
"The QB position, I'm going to dig in and look at that. We'll build that thing. We'll see how that whole thing works out. I need to spend some time at it. I have to find that next Len Dawson doggone it. I need to find it. It might be right here, it might not."
KC fans, your thoughts on whether the next Len Dawson is on the KC roster?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

The next Len Dawson? Well, if they're looking for someone to shave points, Cassel and Quinn both did a pretty good job of that, so maybe Reid won't have to look too far.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

jiminphilly wrote:KC fans, your thoughts on whether the next Len Dawson is on the KC roster?
I'd settle for the next Trent Green.

Hell, I'd settle for the next Bill Kenney.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I listened to the whole news conference. Clunt and the fat man blabbed for 35 minutes, and then went on local tv and radio stations for another hour. Neither said jack shit.
PC spin in full effect, just as expected. The only thing that surprise me, is if any of the 3 on the roster here now, are still here come training camp.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'll be surprised when you have a cogent, coherent take.

You, sir, are a goddamn idiot.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

he also said this:
I listened to the whole news conference. Clunt and the fat man blabbed for 35 minutes, and then went on local tv and radio stations for another hour. Neither said jack shit.
That's a cloying attempt at garnering approval from somebody... maybe you?

No shit, we need a new QB.

I'll see your tree stump and raise you a bag of hammers.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:Don't know why you'd think I endorse that - I'm happy with the Reid hire and think Hunt has made a very substantial attempt to win the fan base back
I don't think you endorse that. You just have more patience with dave than I do.

He listened to the entire 35 minute news conference with "Clunt and the fat man". :meds:

oh great, the "biggest" Chiefs fan on T1B is also a dipshit hater. Why, he's been a fan for 35 years or more. I won't stretch this page with even more :rolleyes emoticons but fuck this guy. If he's a fan of the Chiefs, I want him to jump off the mezzanine level at Arrowhead and kill himself. I don't want to read another shit take from this fool.

I too think it's a great hire and my opinion of Clark Hunt has raised considerably.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:I think you be critical of your team and still be a fan.
There's a difference between being a constructive critic of your team and being a cloying idiot.

But some people just find it in their nature to be idiotic haters, some to be idiotic abused spouses.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Most of that was I honestly believed that Piloli had been told not to spend any money - like retaining Carr or benching an obviously overmatched Cassel becasue of his contract.
Why would he have been told that? Cassel's cap number wasn't all that big of a deal. Somewhere in the $5 million range.
Chiefs Have Plenty Of Salary Cap Space Entering 2012 Season

he Kansas City Chiefs currently have the second most salary cap space of any team in the NFL at $26.6 million, according to the numbers released by Pro Football Talk.

[Editor's Note: The NFL has different salary cap numbers which puts the Chiefs at $16.3 million in space.]

The Chiefs cap space means they could claim just about any player in the NFL if released. They have a ton of flexibility from a salary cap standpoint.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/4/ ... -cap-space
Maybe Pioli was just an idiot.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Looks like someone had a little to much to drink on a work night again. :oops: