B1G/ACC Challenge Thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Shine
Leads all Lists

B1G/ACC Challenge Thread

Post by Shine »

Iowa at Va Tech- tough call as Iowa is the slightly better team but they're on the road. Haven't seen enough of the Hokies to know what they're looking like in the post-Seth era so I'll favor the Hawkeyes here. B1G up 1-0

Minnesota at F$U- this is going to be an ugly, defensive battle. The Noles are too much, especially at home. Tied 1-1

NC State at Michigan- one of the real headline matchups in the event. As much as I hate them, the Wolverines are really good. At home, too much for the Wolfpack. B1G up 2-1

Nebraska at Wake- they are contractually obligated to televise this putrid matchup. Tied 2-2

Maryland at Northwestern- the Terps are better than I'd expected and NW hasn't impressed thus far. But NW throws a unique look out there that can be tough to adjust to and they are at home so I'm giving them the nod. B1G up 3-2

UNC at IU- another headline matchup. I'd feel MUCH better if we weren't out 3 of our big men, making IU a very small team. Still, the talent is there and so is Zeller. Plus I think we have enough guys to throw at McAdoo to keep him somewhat under control. Good battle between two frosh PG should be fun to watch. B1G up 4-2

UVA at Wisconsin- Bo Ryan is still a helluva coach, and a helluva douche. B1G up 5-2

Purdue at Clemson- the Boilers will claw and battle but their talent is still too young to win this roadie this early in the year. B1G up 5-3

Mich St at Miami- one of the easier games for Izzo's crew in the non-con schedule. B1G up 6-3

Ga Tech at Illinois- I already miss Bruce Weber poorly recruiting Chicago and throwing ineffective gameplans out there. B1G up 7-3

BC at PSU- the loss of Frazier is too much. B1G up 7-4

tO$U at Dook- the boys from Hazard County have impressed so far with big wins and multiple guys stepping up. This is going to be a highly entertaining game but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the Buckeyes going into Cameron and walking out with a W. B1G up 7-5

The B1G continues their run of winning this made for TV event.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: B1G/ACC Challenge Thread

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Virginia Tech over Iowa
Like Shine said, tough one to call. Iowa is improving under Fran McCaffery, but in a match up of two mediocre squads, I'll take the home team.

Minnesota over Florida State
Another tough one to call. Two decent, tournament-caliber teams who can play some D. I'll take Minny by the skin of their teeth.

Michigan over NC State
NC State coming in a bit overrated, getting blown out by Okie Lite. Michigan has a good, not great team, but should take care of business in this one.

Wake Forest over Nebraska
Eh, defaulting to the home team.

Northwestern over Maryland
Preview of a future Big Ten tilt here. Gotta echo Shine, Northwestern can be a tough match up if you're not familiar with them. They can really rain the 3-ball at home.

Indiana over North Carolina
That Butler beat down is still fresh in my mind. IU is very good at home and they have more scoring threats than UNC.

Wisconsin over Virginia
I predict a bunch of big clunky white guys flopping around and draining the shot clock to two seconds and raining 3s. Wisky doesn't lose at home.

Clemson over Purdue
I expect a low-scoring cripple fight.

Michigan St over Miami
A little concerned about this one. MSU typically struggles against the zone and their two best shooters are likely going to be sidelined for this one with injuries. They have really struggled to score and find flow in their offense without Gary Harris. I think this one could be a nail-biter. In the end, MSU has too much talent and will find a way to get it done.

Illinois over Georgia Tech
Illinois has looked really good so far. I can see now why Izzo was crusading for Weber to keep his job.

Boston College over Penn State
BC isn't very good. PSU could easily be worse.

Duke over Ohio State
Duke looks pretty damn good. Plenty of experience. Good inside/out game. Plus it's at Cameron where they don't miss 3s and get all the calls. I think this one could be a route.

Big Ten 7
ACC 5
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: B1G/ACC Challenge Thread

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

it's funny living in ACC Country...when the ACC was hammering the B1G every year they kept crowing about it...

now that the B1G has won a few in a row the ACC fans now are like ah the challenge is no big deal...bunch a fucking hypocrites...if the only loss is OSU to Dook and we spank ACC ass I am down with it