Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Braves/Cards.

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote: Clueless? :)

Just STFU, dumbass. It was an infield fly and correctly called by the umpire. Watch the video that Jim posted and you'll see that it was the correct call and also see other situations where it was called exactly the same way.

And to answer your question, I umped high school and college baseball for 20+ years while you were mopping up jizz.
So, again, how does an infielder running 20 yards into the outfield with his back towards the infield and causing a miscommunication with an outfielder count as "ordinary" effort?

Clueless. And fucking stupid, to boot.
Watch the video you clueless asswipe and then try to tell me he wasn't facing the infield before he was called off the ball. He was never running full speed to the outfield and was drifting to the ball, knowing he would make the catch. It was a very routine play. Watch the video and STFU. I gave you a little more credit for actually knowin something about the game. My bad.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote:
Watch the video you clueless asswipe and then try to tell me he wasn't facing the infield before he was called off the ball. He was never running full speed to the outfield and was drifting to the ball, knowing he would make the catch. It was a very routine play. Watch the video and STFU. I gave you a little more credit for actually knowin something about the game. My bad.
So what if he's facing the infield when he called off the ball? It doesn't make it a routine play. Again, fucking stupid.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote:
So what if he's facing the infield when he called off the ball? It doesn't make it a routine play. Again, fucking stupid.
He's facing the infield and waiting for the ball to come down = routine fucking play. You should just forget posting about baseball and get back to your jizz mopping, or licking, or whatever it is you do. :roll: You obviously know absolutely nothing about the rules of the game but that's okay because most of the dumbfucks in the stands and in the broadcast booth don't either. See, you're apparently in the majority, so enjoy your ignorant bliss.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's not a routine play for an infielder to run so far into the outfield a left fielder calls him off the fly.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:It's not a routine play for an infielder to run so far into the outfield a left fielder calls him off the fly.
Uh, yes it can be, and this one was....a very routine play, or should have been. Get a fucking clue, cuntlips. I"ve explained the rule to you and how it's enforced.....exactly how the umps enforced it in this game...and you're still too stupid or too stubborn to admit they got it right. Says a lot about you. Now go fuck yourself and STFU. I've done all I can do here, so I'm done with you and your ignorance.
Dee Snutz
Ashamed of Kid Nashville

Post by Dee Snutz »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
So, again, how does an infielder running 20 yards into the outfield with his back towards the infield and causing a miscommunication with an outfielder count as "ordinary" effort?

Clueless. And fucking stupid, to boot.
Screw, I was in total agreement w you on this play. Until I went to read the rule explicitly as it applies to this. And it was a legit call. Kozma wasn't sprinting w his back to the infield like Willie Mays. He was trotting back w a clear bead on the ball, and he made a bone head play. In the meantime the runners were frozen. Had he not bailed on the play, he easily could have played the bounce and turned a double play w the runners frozen on first and second. You can't let Kozma's befuddled reaction at the last second dictate the call.

Couple lines of the rule that made me change my mind.
Ordinary effort given all circumstances must exist for the infield fly rule to be invoked. Thus, weather, wind, lighting, positioning of the defense, and the abilities of the players involved in the play must be taken into account. An infield fly in a major league game, thus, might not be so in a junior high school game due to the ability of the players involved.

An infield fly is a judgment call and may be declared by any umpire on the field. It may not be appealed or overturned by any other umpire.
The infield fly rule is considered a judgment call, which means that the judgment of the umpire must govern. The rule also states that "Infield Fly" shall be declared immediately upon an umpire's determination that a batted ball has become an infield fly based on the criteria described above and is solely based on the umpire's discretion. Since different umpires may have different definitions of what constitutes "ordinary effort," the rule may be applied differently depending on the umpire and game conditions