Big XII to announce new TV deal tomorrow

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Big XII to announce new TV deal tomorrow

Post by Left Seater »

The Big XII will announce a new TV deal with ABC/ESPN and FOX worth $2.6 Billion. The deal will run for 13 years and put the per team annual payout just ahead of the Big Ten deal and just behind the Pac 12 deal. The advantage the Big 12 and PAC 12 will have is both will have two over the air broadcast partners.

Also, if any team were to leave the conf during the course of the deal their TV rights monies would still go to the Big XII.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater

Re: Big XII to announce new TV deal tomorrow

Post by Left Seater »

Deal is signed and approved.

Apparently, the deal also includes a "ND" clause which has been reported but details are lacking at this point.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

So they are 2nd, soon to be 3rd, after SEC gets done reworking their TV contracts.

Good for them, especially good for KU,KST,ISU,TTU,Baylor, saves them from having to join a midmajor.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Adelpiero wrote:So they are 2nd, soon to be 3rd, after SEC gets done reworking their TV contracts.

Good for them, especially good for KU,KST,ISU,TTU,Baylor, saves them from having to join a midmajor.
given the population density/tv markets/fannies on couches for advertising dollar per capita....pretty good deal for the remaining old Big 8 schools. i wish Mizzou the best. were i not an erstwhile Vandy guy, MU would be my SEC team.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

It'll be interesting to see some of the details on this package. The "ND clause," of course. Also, how do they work the Tier III games? That's important because, as I understand it, the Tier III games are not part of the package.

You could divide the Tier III games by schools, giving each school two Tier III games apiece. The downside to that is that the Tier III games are front-loaded into the schedule. Using this year as an example, there would have been no Tier I or II games in Week One, only one (Miami @ Kansas State) in Week Two, and only one (TCU @ Kansas) this coming week. I don't think ABC/ESPN and Fox are going to pay that much money essentially to be shut out for the first three weeks of every season.

You could also divide the games on a conference-wide basis. Of course, that probably would mean more Tier III games for some schools than for others, and you'd also still have the problem of these games being frontloaded within the season.

You could divide them on a week-by-week basis, although that would give some schools more Tier III games than others, particularly when the conference schedule kicked in. Texas, which has been a leading proponent of retaining broadcast rights to Tier III games, probably wouldn't be happy with this.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

We may have to wait awhile to get the details of the deal. One thing I am hearing is that the schools might get the Tier III rights to three games of which one will be a conf game. As Terry points out though that would pretty much mean BU, ISU, KU and TTU would play most of those games. The flip side to that though is it is better to be on TV period than not.

Also, ABC/ESPN doesn't really care how many Tier III games Texas controls because those games would all be on the LHN which is ESPN.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:Also, ABC/ESPN doesn't really care how many Tier III games Texas controls because those games would all be on the LHN which is ESPN.
And all of Oklahoma's would be on Fox networks as well.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.