Missouri Fans - Check This Dumbass's Picks

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Missouri Fans - Check This Dumbass's Picks

Post by Left Seater »

I will give them one more win, but I don't think that guy has reached dumbass level.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Should this come to pass, Truman may just quit football.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

It wouldn't surprise me to see Mizzou take the SEC EAST in their first year in the conference. The SEC has never seen an offense like theirs on a regular basis and they simply don't have the offenses to keep up with Mizzery.

Hell, Boise State would have taken the SEC EAST last year if they played in the SEC. They absolutely CRUSHED the SEC EAST Champion last year in their own backyard.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I will give them one more win, but I don't think that guy has reached dumbass M2 level.

There....now it's correct.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote: You're right. The SEC is weak. Probably worse than the Big East or the MAC. I don't know why they even try to compete with the rest of the country.

Well, now that you mention it... I agree with you.

Alabama did give up 341 total yards to that 'high school' Georgia Southern at HOME !

very impressive.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

M2 wrote: Alabama did give up 341 total yards to that 'high school' Georgia Southern at HOME !

very impressive.

Here is the funny thing about m2 trying to troll with the Georgia Southern smack, he doesn't realize that Kal played a team from Georgia Southern's league last year too. Of course when those two played last year Kal's opponent lost 48-14.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote:
M2 wrote: Alabama did give up 341 total yards to that 'high school' Georgia Southern at HOME !

very impressive.

Here is the funny thing about m2 trying to troll with the Georgia Southern smack, he doesn't realize that Kal played a team from Georgia Southern's league last year too. Of course when those two played last year Kal's opponent lost 48-14.

So you're making excuses for Alabama giving up 341 total yards and 21 points to a high school now ?

nice.

Pssst.... the only reason Cal had a team from that conference on their schedule was due to stadium renovations and the scheduling conflicts that it entailed.

but, you already knew that, right ?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

M2 wrote:
So you're making excuses for Alabama giving up 341 total yards and 21 points to a high school now ?

nice.

Pssst.... the only reason Cal had a team from that conference on their schedule was due to stadium renovations and the scheduling conflicts that it entailed.

No, it is you who is making excuses for Kal playing a high school now. One that lost to the HS team Alabama played.

Thanks Sam. Mixed my Big South and Southern Conf teams.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M2 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to see Mizzou take the SEC EAST in their first year in the conference. The SEC has never seen an offense like theirs on a regular basis and they simply don't have the offenses to keep up with Mizzery.

Hell, Boise State would have taken the SEC EAST last year if they played in the SEC. They absolutely CRUSHED the SEC EAST Champion last year in their own backyard.
You're right. The SEC is weak. Probably worse than the Big East or the MAC. I don't know why they even try to compete with the rest of the country.
Sam, he said "SEC East," not "SEC." Boise St probably would have taken the SEC East last season.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote:Thought you Tiger fans would enjoy this guy's SEC predictions.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/art ... -Moon-says

Missouri (5-7, 1-7): Welcome to the SEC, boys. After listening to all the SEC coaches insist that Mizzou will be very competitive in the league, I searched the schedule hard for wins. I found one: Kentucky.

Talk amongst yourselves.
We're new here. Outside of Alabama (I've heard they're pretty good), just who are we supposed to be afraid of again?

Been awhile since we've seen Mizzou fall to an SEC opponent. No reason to start. But thanks for the link anyway, Sammie. I'll drop fatass a line after the Georgia game.
Last edited by Truman on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Van wrote:Should this come to pass, Truman may just quit football.
Not likely. Too much Mizzou gear in the closet. I'd be at a loss trying to figure out what to wear every Saturday from mid-August to January.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

same here Tru but if 1-7 in our new digs proves too tough a pill to swallow, i'm sure the other half of your closet holds Chiefs gear.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Wags, we grew up on bad Mizzou football.

Don't know about you, but I've been a Tiger fan for over 40 years, and that ain't likely to change.

So a dipped-in-shit, southern-fried, fat-ass, hillbilly, backwater newspaper columnist has an opinion. There's only about 300 others out there just like him. Well, erf-de-derf.[/Qbert]

One-and-seven? A victory over Kentucky only? Apparently, A&M, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Florida have all been tagged to replace the current AFC South. And who the fuck is Georgia?!

Last I checked, the Dawgs aint exactly OU or Kansas State (hell, they ain't even last year's Baylor), and they're walkin' into a buzzsaw come September 8th. First SEC home game n' junk.

Might come as a surprise to our new SEC brethren, but the XII can play a little ball too.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

we'll probably lose to A&M. especially considering Mizzou beat them twice the past two years. on the road both times. by a total of 28 points. and Aggies just lost their QB and coach. yup, Mizzou has no chance with that one.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Vandy in Columbia.

the writer believes Vandy will win cause their coach has spunk. if I am looking for expert opinion on sports, I'm looking for the guy who uses spunk as a logical means to determine the victor. he mentions that they are "decent" but that spunk puts them over the top.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Kentucky in Columbia.

No questions, Your Honor
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Left Seater wrote: Thanks Sam. Mixed my Big South and Southern Conf teams.
Easy to do.
Van wrote: Sam, he said "SEC East," not "SEC." Boise St probably would have taken the SEC East last season.
Don't think so. Same argument I've always had in reference to schools like Boise. They play Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Vandy, etc week after week? Even as bad as those teams were in the East lat year, the Broncs don't win every week.
They don't need to win every week. They just need to finish with fewer losses than anyone else in the division, and with a win head-to-head over divisional champion Georgia they already have a huge leg up. Besides, playing Tennessee, Florida and Vandy isn't exactly anyone's idea of Murderer's Row, at least not unless you mean literally in regards to Florida during the Urban Meyer "one player arrested per week" years.

Florida sucked. Vandy sucked. Tennessee sucked. Got that? They sucked. Take away their scheduled OOC cupcake wins and none of them even come close to being bowl eligible.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:They play Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Vandy, etc week after week?
What, the Georgia ass-kicking would take so much out of them, they wouldn't be able to field a two-deep vs mighty Vandy?

Just shut the fuck up, already.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:Don't know about you, but I've been a Tiger fan for over 40 years, and that ain't likely to change.
It'll never change here, but if I hadn't posted it before, I will now.

My Mizzou diehard allegiance dates exactly to 1980 and a coupla kids named Sundvold and Stipanovich. And of course, I'll always deify Norm Stewart and cuss Quin Snyder and whoever the dumbfucks were that ran the former in order to hire the latter.

I may have noticed the football program somewhere about 10 years later, probably around the 5th down game, give or take a few years.

And I'll say this just one more time for Bace. I never had the opportunity to attend Mizzou, but that is where my vested rooting interest has lied for 32 years.

Don't ever try to begrudge me that again.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wags, so that's where your rooting interest has lied for 32 years, huh?

See, that's pretty much what Bace has been saying all along, that you're a fraud.

Anyway, let me help you out here, little buddy...

lay, lie. The verb lay has an object; the verb lie does not have an object. The principal parts of the verb lay are: lay (present), laid (past), laid (past participle), and laying (present participle). The principal parts of the verb lie are: lie (present), lay (past), lain (past participle), and lying (present participle).

Wrong : I always lay down after I eat dinner.
Right : I always lie down after I eat dinner. (present tense)

Wrong : He laid down because he had a headache.
Right : He lay down because he had a headache. (past tense)

Wrong : The books are laying on the table.
Right : The books are lying on the table (present participle)

Right : The teacher laid her books on her desk. (past tense)
Right : The boys have lain under the tree for several hours. (past participle)

Right : She has laid her head on the pillow. (past participle)
Right : Her head lies on the pillow. (present tense)

Notice that lied is never correct when attempting to denote any tense of the verbs lay and lie, meaning 'to place something,' or 'to lie down.' The verb lied is nothing but the past tense of lie, meaning 'to deceive.'

So...

"I never had the opportunity to attend Mizzou, but that is where my vested rooting interest has lain for 32 years."

There you go. Logging in to T1B today proved to be well worth your trouble.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote: I never had the opportunity to attend Mizzou.

i know
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote: See, that's pretty much what Bace has been saying all along, that you're a fraud.
oh shit... I was just stirring the pot but Van just peed in someone's cheerios.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

oh great, geeks preaching tense at me.

Van sure spends a lot of time with stuff like that.

Get a job, son... something worthwhile to spend your time on, maybe a FFL or something, because this ain't it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:i know
You don't know shit.

I'm surprised you have the means to pay your phone bill, but not surprised you can't pay for groceries.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:i know
You don't know shit.

I'm surprised you have the means to pay your phone bill, but not surprised you can't pay for groceries.
\\

i was just stirrin' the pot
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I know, right?

Van calling me a fraud pissed me off.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I didn't call you a fraud, you drunken vaginal discharge. I said Bace has been calling you one. All I did was make a joke pointing out that your malaprop was actually an unwitting admission of what Bace has been saying about you all along.

So, basically, not only are you horrible at writing words, you're equally horrible at reading and comprehending them.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And who among the shitty SEC East was going to inflict those "several" losses on 'em if the divisional champ couldn't even manage one? Boise St beat the fuck out of the Bulldogs in Atlanta, so I don't think they would've had too much problem beating awful Vandy, Kentucky, Florida or Tennessee either.

And you keep saying they wouldn't go "through it with ease" and they "wouldn't win every week." Again, they wouldn't have needed to. All they would have needed to do was finish first in the division, which their win over Georgia would've gone a long way towards ensuring. No one else besides South Carolina in that division would have posed the slightest threat, and South Carolina finished behind Georgia.

You're going to have to drop the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bluster and take a good look at last year's SEC East. In 2011, yes, Boise St very likely comes out on top in that division.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

This [redundant]douchebag and former USC football player[/redundant] is picking West Virginia to win the Big 12 this year:

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:This [redundant]douchebag and former USC football player[/redundant] is picking West Virginia to win the Big 12 this year:

Papadakis is a very good color man for the PAC 12 games. I'm not sure if he's still going to be working with the new network.

Oh yeah, he's also a former Cal football player as well.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

M2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:This [redundant]douchebag and former USC football player[/redundant] is picking West Virginia to win the Big 12 this year:

Papadakis is a very good color man for the PAC 12 games. I'm not sure if he's still going to be working with the new network.

Oh yeah, he's also a former Cal football player as well.
His radio show is an abomination. I read that he spent a week at Cal and got homesick. Typical California pussy.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not saying Boise wasn't better than several SEC teams last year. However, they would not go thru an SEC schedule with the ease they went thru Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force, Fresno, Colorado State, et al. They would have incurred several losses.
Georgia didn't incur several losses, and Boise proved quite a bit better than them. Your argument doesn't logically follow. The only difference between Wyoming/New Mexico/Air Force and Tennessee/Florida/Vandy is likely margin of victory. South Carolina could've been an L, sure, but the net result is still SEC East Champs. I don't buy the lack of depth argument either. Boise always has solid 2-deeps, which is why they seemingly never have a down year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Boise doesn't play teams that big, fast, and strong each week. That would wear on them.
The risk of loss is higher, no doubt. They still would have been the best team in that division, and odds-on favorite to win it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Still can't believe Georgia was the best team in that mess of a division.
I think Georgia will be solid this year. They return perhaps the best QB in the SEC and a pretty nasty defense. Then again, they've been "one year away" for like 15 straight years, so who knows.
Now, though...how do you think the Broncos would have performed against either the Alabama or LSU defense?
In a pick'em I would've thrown my money on Bama and LSU, but I think Boise coulda hung either of them, and I wouldn't have been shocked to see a Bronco victory. Petersen is one hell of a big game coach. THAT guy is my biggest worry come August 31st.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I think Georgia will be solid this year. They return perhaps the best QB in the SEC and a pretty nasty defense. Then again, they've been "one year away" for like 15 straight years, so who knows.
a good chunk of that nasty defense is suspended early in the season.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If this wasn't WVU's first year in the conference, I'd say that's not so crazy. Underrated team. They return like 16 starters, 9 of them on a pretty potent offense that hung 70 on Clemson. Should fit right in with a league that posts basketball scores on the ticker. And they return Geno Smith, who's a lot like Braxton Miller, except good.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Bizzarofelice wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
a good chunk of that nasty defense is suspended early in the season.
I didn't realize you guys got them so early, and at home even. Should be a good game.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Sudden Sam wrote:Thought you Tiger fans would enjoy this guy's SEC predictions.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/art ... -Moon-says

Missouri (5-7, 1-7): Welcome to the SEC, boys. After listening to all the SEC coaches insist that Mizzou will be very competitive in the league, I searched the schedule hard for wins. I found one: Kentucky.

Talk amongst yourselves.
Laughable. Mizzou will be runner's up in their SEC division their first year in. With a finish like that in the "meatgrinder", you will have to start puffin Misery pickle all next summer, advising us how they were a perfect fit and had similar shit calls in the 12 to what Nebraska endured, otherwise they would have been XII champs ten years running.

Just calling my shot SECBSH
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:Boise doesn't play teams that big, fast, and strong each week. That would wear on them.

Really, I'm tired of this discussion.

How about I just say that Boise could go 12-0 every year in the SEC or B1G or any other power conference...and we're done.
No, because that's just a cop-out. Instead, how about you stop bandwagoning the SEC against all reason, and man up and admit that yes, Boise St probably would've won the SEC East last year.

No condescension, no sarcasm...just an honest admission of that which so sorely pains you.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:how do you think the Broncos would have performed against either the Alabama or LSU defense?
Better than either the Bama or LSU offenses did. They sure as fuck would've done better than LSU's sorry ass excuse for an offense.