Hey Hap, election time must be close at hand

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

fix
Eternal Scobode

Hey Hap, election time must be close at hand

Post by fix »

Cause your boy Harper's own just tossed another bomb onto his attempts to smooth talk his hidden agenda into power.
OTTAWA (CP) - Preston Manning and Mike Harris tossed an electoral bomb into the lap of Conservative Leader Stephen Harper on Wednesday, issuing a joint report calling on Ottawa to get out of medicare and let the provinces experiment with private health services.

Manning, the Reform party founder, and Harris, the former Ontario Tory premier, insisted their report, commissioned by the right-wing Fraser Institute, was non-partisan.

But it quickly became fodder for a potential federal election.

Prime Minister Paul Martin, seeking a respite from his woes over the sponsorship scandal, vowed to fight "tooth and nail" to defend medicare.

The Conservative agenda is no longer hidden, Martin told the Commons.

"It is no federal role in health care, it is no Canada Health Act, it is no one saying 'no' to the privatization of health care."

Martin sought to portray Manning and Harris as little more than mouthpieces for Harper - a claim adamantly denied by the Conservative leader.

"It's not my position," Harper said of the report as he emerged from the House.

"It's not the position of the Conservative party. It's the position of an independent think tank."

Harper also accused Martin of trying to divert attention from the continuing sponsorship furor and branded the effort "a pretty pathetic performance."

Earlier, speaking outside a party caucus meeting, Harper had been ambiguous in his initial response to the Manning-Harris report.

He noted that most provinces are already experimenting with private delivery of some health services, but are doing so within the overall context of a publicly funded system.

"That's an experiment that I said we support," said Harper.

"Mr. Martin has said he doesn't support it, but Mr. Martin not only signed an accord with the provinces that allows it, unlike myself he goes to a private health care clinic."

That was a reference to a Montreal clinic where Martin's personal physician practises. But Amy Butcher, a spokeswoman for the prime minister, described it as an "open clinic" that anyone can attend.

"When he visits his doctor, the prime minister - like all Canadians - uses his (public) health card," said Butcher.

Harper has been trying to move toward the political centre on health care and other social issues, hoping to deprive the Liberals of a weapon they used against him in the last election campaign.

The federal Conservatives, at their recent convention, adopted a policy that supports the public health system but would allow the provinces some room to manoeuvre on how they deliver services.

Manning and Harris, by contrast, recommend what they call "critical surgery" for medicare.

They say Ottawa should cease funding the system and transfer more tax powers to the provinces so they can take up the slack.

They also say the Canada Health Act should be scrapped or drastically reformed to eliminate all barriers to private services.

"We could all achieve greater things if Ottawa would learn to trust us and stay out of our way," said Harris.

"Canadians can look after their own health and the health of their families if they're given the right and the tools to do so."

Both men insisted they weren't looking specifically to Harper to champion the proposals.

"We just hope that all the parties might find something attractive in this presentation of a third option," said Manning.

"You can have universal coverage and a two-track system. There's 20 or 25 countries that do it, and they get better results per dollar spent than we do."

But Health Minister Ujjal Dosanjh saw the proposals as a recipe to "demolish and dismantle" the Canada Health Act, the federal law that lets Ottawa enforce national health-care standards.

"They want to have a checkerboard, privatized health care in Canada across this country," said Dosanjh. "This must not be allowed."

The health-care proposals were not the only contentious recommendations in the report co-authored by Harris and Manning after three years of study.

They also urged the transfer of $300 billion from the public sector to the private sector over six years, through tax cuts and strict limits on government spending.

They proposed as well a new economic deal with the United States that would go far beyond NAFTA to include a customs union.

On that point they weren't too different from John Manley, the former Liberal deputy prime minister, who has urged a similar course.
That's the one thing about the ReformedAllianceConservatives party, they never stray too far from their roots even if they try to deny it.

:lol:

A vast majority of Canadians polled don't want an election now. Falling Liberal support hasn't been mirrored by an equal rise in Conservative fortunes. Many of the same voters who say they want a change of government insist they won't vote Tory.
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

The tides of change are rolling in.......

LONG LIVE THE CONSERVATIVES!!!!!

If they dont vote for the Conservatives, who will they vote for???

NDP - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! only the insane would vote for a party lead by Jack Layton.

Liberals - Most people have clued into their corruption and will want a change....

That leaves.... the Green Party and THe Conservatives... hmmmm
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

These are scary times for Canada. There will probably be an election in june, and I actually think the Conservatives will win a minority government. I really can't see the Liberals winning another election The Conservatives will never have more than 30-35% of the vote in Canada, but the left wing vote will end up being split between the Liberals, NDP, and the Bloc. I voted for the Liberals in the last election, but I'll be voting NDP in the next one. The Liberals have just blown it in my books
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Billdong wrote:NDP - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! only the insane would vote for a party lead by Jack Layton.
I don't like Jack Layton either, but he's still a hell of a lot better than G.W. Harper. Maybe we can trade Alberta for the North Eastern U.S. Alberta has a ton of oil and rednecks; Bush would love you guys!!. :P
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Good, there is still time for the hells angels to muster a poli-team.
And if they do, they will get my vote for their honesty.

Victory Night In Canada:
Introducing; from the membership of the Ottawa/Hull Chapter, Canada's new PM, The Honorable Knuckles 'Thumper' La'Bou'ze...Are You Ready To Get Rumbled

Seriously Vip;
Layton comes across like a gloating Pimp who would say and do anything for a vote.
Okay, he's pretty much like the rest 'cept for that crisp smug_ugly thang he's got going on.
Harpers probs seem to come from the idiot others. Personally; he seems to have a handle on his emotions, and if given half a chance, i'm sure he would do a half-assed job of it.

Half is better than nothing.

This poli-crap about health care is just more of that same old Lib_Spin from the same posers who broke the system in the first place.
The big election question will be...Does Canada really want to give The Liberals Criminal another chance to scam the country???

Well Do You, Punks :x
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

The Harris/Manning report, from I can gather, is spot on. I haven't read the actual report yet, but Canada simply cannot sustain the costs of health care. They want to look at alternatives such as publicly paid for yet privately delivered health care.

All along Conservatives have said that the private sector got deliver more effective services and cut down wait times, and it would still be paid for by the government. What's wrong with that?

The report DOES NOT call for an American-style of health care system, but Koolaid drinkers in Southern Ontario and the East Coast will still buy into the gLiberals scare tactics and propaganda on this issue.

Mr.Dither's loved it, because for one day it took the focus off his party's sleaze and corruption. It will be back to business as usal today and Gomery will dug up even more dirt.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

tough love wrote:Liberals Criminal[/i] another chance to scam the country???

Well Do You, Punks :x
YES!!! **takes big gulp of gLiberal Koolaid** We love the gLIBERALS!!! They were set up and are the true victims of Adscam.

Sincerely,

Southern Ontario and the East Coast.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:The Harris/Manning report, from I can gather, is spot on. I haven't read the actual report yet, but Canada simply cannot sustain the costs of health care. They want to look at alternatives such as publicly paid for yet privately delivered health care.

All along Conservatives have said that the private sector got deliver more effective services and cut down wait times, and it would still be paid for by the government. What's wrong with that?

The report DOES NOT call for an American-style of health care system, but Koolaid drinkers in Southern Ontario and the East Coast will still buy into the gLiberals scare tactics and propaganda on this issue.

Mr.Dither's loved it, because for one day it took the focus off his party's sleaze and corruption. It will be back to business as usal today and Gomery will dug up even more dirt.
:roll:

And you accuse Liberals of drinking the Kool-aid...
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Otis wrote:
You are the one that buys into the CBC-style propaganda of this. The report tries to model itself after the Swedish model of health care, not the U.S.

Remember to vote gLiberal in June! Support corruption and sleaze!
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Hapday wrote:
Otis wrote:
You are the one that buys into the CBC-style propaganda of this.
Kinda like how Fox brainwashes their viewers?
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:
Otis wrote:
You are the one that buys into the CBC-style propaganda of this. The report tries to model itself after the Swedish model of health care, not the U.S.

Remember to vote gLiberal in June! Support corruption and sleaze!
Hmm, maybe you should start thinking about voting Liberal in June..

Your boy Mr. Waffles has changed his position yet again...
Kyoto reversal signals Tory shift to centre

CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA — The stunning turnaround to embrace a Kyoto Accord it once vehemently slagged is just the latest Conservative move to moderate its image for an election campaign.
The newfound respect for the treaty on global warming could surprise voters who feared Tory Leader Stephen Harper would allow industry to run roughshod over the environment.

Those same voters might also have heard that the Tories would gut medicare, put the iron heel to Quebec, scrap bilingualism, and send women’s reproductive rights back to the 1950s.

But here’s a surprise: the Liberal and Tory positions on each of those issues is practically identical.

“We need to become more professional, more inclusive, and more disciplined,” Harper said last August.

“In some areas, we will need to become more flexible and we need to consult more broadly before defining our policy and political priorities.”

He wasn’t kidding. Those reflections came on the heels of an election where his own Tory MPs derailed Harper’s campaign with musings against abortion, the Charter of Rights, and bilingualism.

The ensuing controversies brought a late-campaign slide in the polls as Harper lost support amongst urban voters, women, and ultimately the wider electorate.

His reaction to losing an election that had been within his grasp: never again.

He immediately stripped the authors of those untimely remarks — Cheryl Gallant, Randy White, Scott Reid and Rob Merrifield — of any prominent role in the party.

Then he withheld his support for the U.S. missile shield, saying he wasn’t sure whether Canada should sign on. That earned him a reproach from President George W. Bush.

Finally, Harper presided over a policy convention where his fledgling party narrowly voted to keep the status quo on abortion.

There was also a near-unanimous endorsement of official bilingualism, a symbolic shift for a party that’s heir to the old Reform movement.

Objection was muted within Tory ranks.

Other than a handful of Tories who walked around the Montreal convention wearing `No Left Turn’ lapel buttons, and a few who groused over the abortion shift, the thirst for power seemed to eclipse ideological rigidity.

The Liberal response? The shift is mere public relations and we’ll continue painting Harper as an extreme conservative.

“The Conservatives do not have a moderate mix of policies,” said Scott Reid, a spokesman for Prime Minister Paul Martin.

“That is the grand mirage they want Canadians to see — but people have eyes of their own.”

He noted that Harper continues to oppose the Liberal national child care program, new funding for municipalities and gun control.

He also has little to say about health care, and has been weak in defending the Charter of Rights during the same-sex marriage debate, Reid added.

The Tories indeed remain more economically libertarian, pro-U.S. and tougher on crime than their Liberal foes.

But the shift is undeniable. Just compare Conservatives’ musings over the years with their current party positions.

On the Kyoto accord:

— “The beginning of the biggest black hole boondoggle in Canadian history.” — Harper on Aug 12, 2003, when he led the now-defunct Canadian Alliance.

— “We would achieve (Kyoto) targets in a realistic fashion.” — Tory environment critic Bob Mills this week.

On abortion:

— Abortion is “absolutely no different” from terrorist beheadings in Iraq.” — Tory MP Gallant during the 2004 election campaign. (uh uh... )

— “A Conservative government will not support any legislation to regulate abortion.” — new Conservative policy platform.

On official bilingualism:

— The “god that failed.” — Harper before re-entering federal politics in 2002.

— “Canada’s official languages constitute a unique and significant social advantage that benefits all Canadians.” — the new Conservative platform.

On medicare:

— “I think that should be up to the provinces.” — MP Jason Kenney in 2000, suggesting the federal government should withdraw from policing medicare.

— “In general, this is a deal that the Conservative party can easily support.” — Harper after the Liberal government reached a deal with the provinces that bolsters the federal role.

The sudden embrace of the Kyoto accord has astonished Tory supporters and critics alike, who see it as a flip-flop of historic proportions.

But a party spokesman denies its position has changed.

People who think the party has reversed itself have not understood its position, Geoff Norquay suggested.

“It’s probably important to distinguish between the treaty itself, to which Canada is committed . . . and our utter frustration that it took eight years for us to see the beginnings of a plan.”

However, the party’s "former" strong opposition to the accord is clear from numerous public comments in recent years. At an election rally in Barrie, Ont., last June 9, Harper said he would scrap the accord.

“Kyoto is never going to be passed and I think we’d be better to spend our time on realistic pollution-control measures,” he said then.

Doug Leahey, president of an anti-Kyoto group called the Friends of Science Society, said he’s distressed at the Conservative flip-flop.

“If you recall, during the last election, they were in favour, or appeared to be in favour, of scrapping the Kyoto accord. Now they have reversed themselves. To me that is very distressing.”

Leahey’s group says there’s no evidence that Earth’s climate is being changed by the accumulation of greenhouse gases, the problem Kyoto is intended to address.

“I think certainly it’s a political ploy,” said Leahey of the Conservative shift. “I guess politicians are expected to try to get elected.”
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...tacodalogin=yes

:lol:

John Kerry disease much?
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

"On the Kyoto accord:
— “The beginning of the biggest black hole boondoggle in Canadian history.” — Harper on Aug 12, 2003, when he led the now-defunct Canadian Alliance.

— “We would achieve (Kyoto) targets in a realistic fashion.” — Tory environment critic Bob Mills this week. "

Why do you think they had to put Kyoto in brackets????? You only do that if the person did not specifically say the words.

I interpret this statement (and what Mills was actually getting at) as meaning that the conservatives would achieve the same goals as Kyoto in a more realistic timeline. ie. Not rushing to curb production, but begin a gradual change.

ON the issue of Abortion... i am glad for this shift.. it was the one main issue i had with the party, and it is more along the lines with what the majority of conservative supporters beleive in.

Bilingualism.... as much as i would like it to be scrapped... it never will, no matter who is in power... no issue here.

On Medicare... there has also been recent talk on instituting a new private portion to the current health care from the conservatives.
"Harper, speaking outside a party caucus meeting, said most provinces are already ''experimenting extensively'' with private delivery of health care - but within the overall context of a publicly funded system.

''That's an experiment that I said we support. Mr. Martin has said he doesn't support it, but Mr. Martin not only signed an accord with the provinces that allows it, unlike myself he goes to a private health care clinic.''
- From the article that you posted in the first topic. Yes he said they support it... because it allows for some private influence into medicare.

THe Toronto Star is in the liberals back pockets... they are notorious for talking things out of context and skewing them around to benefit the liberal party. Nice "flip-flop" there.......

LAter............................................................Billdong
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

THe Toronto Star is in the liberals back pockets... they are notorious for talking things out of context and skewing them around to benefit the liberal party. Nice "flip-flop" there....
As opposed to The Toronto Sun, Sun Media and it's chain of papers all across the country whose lips are firmly puckered up to the conservitards back pockets...they are notorious for talking things out of context and skewing them around to benefit the Reformed Conservitard Alliance party.

Facts publicly stated don't lie, the Tories stance on anything are John Kerry personified.
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

You lefties are hilarious.... while you are busy crying about the propaganda put out by anyone right wing, you call any left wing propaganda "facts"....

Here in Canada there is proportionatly more media biased to the left than the right... however you complain about foxnews coming to Canada and the National Post. Lefties only want their propaganda out there.

LONG LIVE HARPER!!!!!!
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Billdong wrote:You lefties are hilarious.... while you are busy crying about the propaganda put out by anyone right wing, you call any left wing propaganda "facts"....

Here in Canada there is proportionatly more media biased to the left than the right... however you complain about foxnews coming to Canada and the National Post. Lefties only want their propaganda out there.

LONG LIVE HARPER!!!!!!
Really?

It always seemed as if it were the right wing that was constantly snivelling about the media's supposed bias.

But when someone posts an article with a link to a site other than a right wing mouthpiece, that said article is nothing but propoganda then?
Well now, that makes all the difference then.

Sun media, National Post, Foxnews, CFRB=gospel according to Cons 3:16
Star or CBC= propoganda
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

My point was not that there is not any right wing propaganda, my point is that there is propaganda from both sides.... that article you posted from the Toronto Star was liberal propaganda.... it took everything that an individual said and then skewed it to make the point that the conservatives were flip-flopping. In fact, the Toronto STar even went so far as to put words into the quote by putting Kyoto in brackets. That was a bullshit article by a bullshit paper.

The difference between the liberal leaning and the conservative leaning newspapers in this country is that liberal newspapers misquote and intentionally mislead the readers in an article that is strictly supposed to be about giving the news... conservative leaning papers leave their views to the editorial section of the newspaper....which is a section for personal opinion. There should not be personal opionion brought into a general news article. The article you posted from the Toronto star was under the heading of "news" not editorials/opinions.

In fact the first article you posted was a National Post article...but i quess you "forgot" to put the source from where it was from.... hypocrite.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Billdong wrote:My point was not that there is not any right wing propaganda, my point is that there is propaganda from both sides.... that article you posted from the Toronto Star was liberal propaganda.... it took everything that an individual said and then skewed it to make the point that the conservatives were flip-flopping.
OH but the Sun would never do such a thing eh? :roll:
In fact, the Toronto STar even went so far as to put words into the quote by putting Kyoto in brackets.
That never ever happens in any other news story, nope never..

That was a bullshit article by a bullshit paper.
Is this your right wing propoganda or are you skewering it..?
And if you want to read a bullshit paper, just clickhere
You'll have to ignore the words put into it in brackets though, we wouldn't want to show your hypocricy and ignorance too much now eh?
The difference between the liberal leaning and the conservative leaning newspapers in this country is that liberal newspapers misquote and intentionally mislead the readers in an article that is strictly supposed to be about giving the news... conservative leaning papers leave their views to the editorial section of the newspaper....which is a section for personal opinion. There should not be personal opionion brought into a general news article. The article you posted from the Toronto star was under the heading of "news" not editorials/opinions.

Oh my, you really are looking more and more like a hypocritial idiot now aren't you?

In fact the first article you posted was a National Post article...but i quess you "forgot" to put the source from where it was from.... hypocrite.
Actually, the article came from canada.com but thanks for proving my point for me.
Billdong wrote:Here in Canada there is proportionatly more media biased to the left than the right... however you complain about foxnews coming to Canada and the National Post. Lefties only want their propaganda out there.
Even one of the right wing's own media mouthpieces, isn't on the same page as the leader of the Conservitards..
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Let this thread be an example to the Americans of the benefit of a vibrant and
diverse political system.

Surely as Canadians, we can agree on that at least.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Martyred wrote:Let this thread be an example to the Americans of the benefit of a vibrant and
diverse political system.

Surely as Canadians, we can agree on that at least.
Absolutely.
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

Otis wrote:
Billdong wrote:My point was not that there is not any right wing propaganda, my point is that there is propaganda from both sides.... that article you posted from the Toronto Star was liberal propaganda.... it took everything that an individual said and then skewed it to make the point that the conservatives were flip-flopping.
OH but the Sun would never do such a thing eh? :roll:
In fact, the Toronto STar even went so far as to put words into the quote by putting Kyoto in brackets.
That never ever happens in any other news story, nope never..
Where in the rest of that article does it show that he is talking specifically about Kyoto.... nowhere.... therefore the credibility is gone. Pull up for me the original quote by Bob Mills.
That was a bullshit article by a bullshit paper.
Is this your right wing propoganda or are you skewering it..?
And if you want to read a bullshit paper, just clickhere
You'll have to ignore the words put into it in brackets though, we wouldn't want to show your hypocricy and ignorance too much now eh?
Fair enough, there is one quote in there with a bracket in it. I can accept that. IT kills the credibility of this article as well. Although, i never did say that it doesnt happen in other papers. I have personally never read the Toronto Star... i do know that it rarely, if ever, happens in the National Post or Canada.com affiliated papers.

Oh my, you really are looking more and more like a hypocritial idiot now aren't you?
That is by Micheal Coren.... an Editorial writer. He gets paid to write his own personal opinion for the paper. Supports my previous point.
Actually, the article came from canada.com but thanks for proving my point for me.
The National Post and Canada.com are affiliated. Along with The Calgary Herald and Edmonton Journal etc... they are all owned by Canwest. Right wing leaning newspapers....still... didnt source it. Why?
Billdong wrote:Here in Canada there is proportionatly more media biased to the left than the right... however you complain about foxnews coming to Canada and the National Post. Lefties only want their propaganda out there.
Even one of the right wing's own media mouthpieces, isn't on the same page as the leader of the Conservitards..
Who exactly are you referring to??
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Wait a minute..

First you post your opinion of The Toronto Star..
Billdong wrote:That was a bullshit article by a bullshit paper.
And then post this...
Billdong wrote:I have personally never read the Toronto Star...
You mind explaining just how you came to that informed* conclusion if you've never read the paper to begin with?

*sarcasm implied

Secondly,

You say that
Billdong wrote:conservative leaning papers leave their views to the editorial section of the newspaper....which is a section for personal opinion. There should not be personal opionion brought into a general news article. The article you posted from the Toronto star was under the heading of "news" not editorials/opinions.
To which I showed your own hypocricy and idiocy for making such an asinine statement by providing you a link proving otherwise..

and then you have the gall to post this..
Billdong wrote:That is by Micheal Coren.... an Editorial writer. He gets paid to write his own personal opinion for the paper. Supports my previous point.
Uh mensa, why don't you click on that link again and look at what it says in big bold type just above the date...

Kick your own ass much?

Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

Sorry.... everytime i mentioned the Toronto Star... i meant to say the Sun.... I have looked at the Toronto Star, just not the sun. My mistake.

And Micheal Coren is an editorial writer.... he writes an opinion peice for the paper. That is his job.

So are you ignoring my other statements?? or have you surrendered to those arguments?
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Billdong wrote:So are you ignoring my other statements?? or have you surrendered to those arguments?
Not a chance..

The bottom line still is that the Tories have flip flopped their position on just about all of those subjects.

Kyoto.. they were deadset against it.
Same for abortion and bilingualism.
But they realised that they only way they're ever going to be elected meant a move to a more Liberal platform than what Harper has always stood for.

As for medicare, well which is it.. Harris and Manning say one thing but Harper says his party won't do it.. Yet, they're all woven from the same cloth..
And you wonder why the people refuse to trust Harper or his perceived hidden agenda.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Reuters must be in the New Torys pocket also. :P

http://www.reuters.ca/locales/c_newsArt ... ID=8201966

Conservatives Head for Victory in New Polls

TORONTO (Reuters) - Two new opinion polls released on Saturday put the Conservatives well ahead of the Liberals and one says they are within striking distance of forming a majority government.

The polls provide new evidence of how a government spending scandal is draining support from the Liberals, who formed a minority government after a tight election last year and who need the backing of at least one other party to stay in power.
Conservatives Head for Victory in New Polls
The true sour of our poli_thang:
The above quote does not say that the Canadian people will head for victory, only that another poli-party will do so.

If the Canadian people (who are the ones who actually support this system) are to gain anything longlasting from the inquiry revelations which these scam_bags have provided us, we need to collectively demand from our government (no matter who) that safe guards be put in place to protect us from a repeat of what has been going on for some time now.

If this latest batch of the poli-corruption with it's theatrical media presentation hasn't finally proven to enough honest Canadian out there that the poli-elect cannot be trusted to do the right thing on their own, I seriously doubt that we as a whole will ever wake up to that fact.

This latest libby scandal is in no way an isolated event.
Eg: Now libby, Chuck Guité, was also RCMP investigated for his part in simular poli-scam crimes while he was being employed by the Mulroney Mob, which btw was also numerously investigated for their share of poli-corruption.

This sort'acrap has become a right of passage for the poli_de$pot of all poli-color, and will continue to be so if we don't come up with a way to force the elected into becoming more accountable with our monies.
If we don't; the only lasting thing that this latest costly anger producing media extravaganza of a revelation will have accomplished is that one overly corrupt party will have been rightfully gotten rid of, and unfortunately for us, another will arise to take it's place and continue to be permitted to manipulate our system in their good time to their personal content.

If the Canadian people don't demand and get safe guards to protect them from the typical elected criminal, than we are simply electing another future Mob to have their turn at doing what has been going on for decades.

We need to patch the flaws in our system which allows for this sort of corruption to take place.

Here's to the Canadian People finally being victorious at election time.

Yes; The bottle is empty.
That's the point.
It doesn't have to be empty.
We can fill it...FILL THE BOTTLE, Canada.

ignorant a merican peeing in beer bottle post in 3-2-1- (;
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

tough love wrote:Image
Is this forum turning into the "Spin The Bottle" Zone? :wink: :lol:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Otis wrote:As opposed to The Toronto Sun, Sun Media and it's chain of papers all across the country whose lips are firmly puckered up to the conservitards back pockets....
What cities have 'Suns' in the East Coast? Quebec?

Not surprised you got this cartoon from the Toronto Star, too bad it is completely reversed.

It's going to funny watching Mr.Dithers and the rest of the gLiberals strike up their campaign of fear against those scaaaaarrrrryyyy Tories to try and deflect all the corruption and scandle that will in the papers every day thanks to Gomery. :lol: :lol: Of course only the die-hard Koolaid drinkers in Southern Ontario will believe that bullshit.

Otis: You are seriously looking stupid by continuing to link to Michael Coren as an example of the Sun's news being right wing. You look even more foolish by saying that because it says 'news' above his columns that it means it is.

Michael Coren is a columnist who has a right-wing views. To get to his columns you have to go through the Columnists page first.

As usual, the left doesn't let facts get in the way of a good argument.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:
Otis wrote:As opposed to The Toronto Sun, Sun Media and it's chain of papers all across the country whose lips are firmly puckered up to the conservitards back pockets....
What cities have 'Suns' in the East Coast? Quebec?
Haven't I already provided them for you once before..
Do you really need to be reminded of it once more..?

Halifax
Quebec

Feeling stupid yet?

You need me to remind you of Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and the others?

Not surprised you got this cartoon from the Toronto Star, too bad it is completely reversed.

Oh wait, but these cartoons from the Sun chain of papers are all dead on?

It's going to funny watching Mr.Dithers and the rest of the gLiberals strike up their campaign of fear against those scaaaaarrrrryyyy Tories to try and deflect all the corruption and scandle that will in the papers every day thanks to Gomery. :lol: :lol: Of course only the die-hard Koolaid drinkers in Southern Ontario will believe that bullshit.
You mean tell the truth about Harper's hidden agenda.. you know, corporate gifts, running this country into a Bush-like defecit, abolishing our national healthcare etc...?

Ya, you're right, that is scary. It reminds me of the good old days of Lying Brian's corruption filled Tory government. Not to mention those golden days of Mike the Knife Harris gutting this province's assets with those stellar moves like, selling off the 407 to a private consortium..
Harris and his cronies managed to increase the debt through 8 years of boom even with selling off anything that wasn't nailed down.
Ya, that's the kind of leadership that this country needs :roll:

Otis: You are seriously looking stupid by continuing to link to Michael Coren as an example of the Sun's news being right wing. You look even more foolish by saying that because it says 'news' above his columns that it means it is.

Michael Coren is a columnist who has a right-wing views. To get to his columns you have to go through the Columnists page first.

As usual, the left doesn't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Let me guess... you're going to say that the Sun's news isn't right wing?
Good god you're an idiot..

The shit that Coren spews has always been found under the NEWS headings in the online version..
Is he a columnist, sure, one of the many right wing idiots employed by that rag..
Find me even one left wing columnist that writes for the Sun...

But back to the flip flops of Stephen Kerry Harper..

"It is simply difficult – extremely difficult – for someone to become bilingual in a country that is not. And make no mistake. Canada is not a bilingual country. In fact it less bilingual today than it has ever been... So there you have it. As a religion, bilingualism is the god that failed. It has led to no fairness, produced no unity and cost Canadian taxpayers untold millions."

- Stephen Harper on bilingualism, Calgary Sun, May 6th 2001.

"Withdraw from the Canada Pension Plan... Collect our own revenue from personal income tax... Resume provincial responsibility for health-care policy. If Ottawa objects to provincial policy, fight in the courts... [E]ach province should raise its own revenue for health... It is imperative to take the initiative, to build firewalls around Alberta... "

- Stepehen Harper in an "Open letter to Ralph Klein," January 24th 2001.

"I do not intend to dispute in any way the need for defence cuts and the need for government spending cuts in general. …I do not share a not in my backyard approach to government spending reductions."

- Stepehen Harper, Hansard, May 23rd 1995. Harper has since roundly criticized spending cuts in the mid-1990s

"Rob is a true reformer and a true conservative. He has been a faithful supporter of mine and I am grateful for his work."

- Stephen Harper endorsing Calgary West Conservative MP Rob Anders, who in 2001 called Nelson Mandela "a Communist and terrorist."

"You have to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from Eastern Canada; people who live in ghettos and are not integrated into Western Canadian society."

- Conservative leader Stephen Harper, in Report Newsmagazine, 2001.

"It's past time the feds scrapped the Canada Health Act."

- Stephen Harper, then Vice-President of the National Citizens Coalition, 1997.

"We also support the exploration of alternative ways to deliver health care. Moving toward alternatives, including those provided by the private sector, is a natural development of our health care system."

- Stephen Harper, Toronto Star, October 2002.

Ya, what a leader* Harper would make... :roll:

*Sarasm implied
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

There is so much bullshit and stupidity in your reply Otis (no surprise), I don't know when and where to start. Quite frankly I don't have the time.

The worst is that you swing from Mr. Dithers and the gLiberals nutsacks yet you accuse Harper of being indecisive? Why not just come out and say 'I know you are but what am I'? It would have saved you a lot of typing.

Keep drinking the Koolaid Otis. It will all be over soon.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:Image
FTFY
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Yeah, you convinced me. :roll: The gLiberals are putting the honesty back in politics and Mr. Dithers is a fine example of a decisive leader. :roll: God bless the truth and honestly of the CBC and the Toronto Star.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

THE HIDDEN AGENDA???

Which Hidden Agenda would that be?

Is it the myth which the Liberal Strategists have created to instill fear within anyone who doesn't think Libby, or the hidden agenda myth the Pro-Liberal Government Media puts forth to instill fear into anyone who doesn't think Libby??

Ten yrs plus of Libby influence will have made a countries apathetic peoples even more pathetic if these de$pots can actually pull that poser hidden agenda crap off again.

New Torys Hidden Agenda -> Cure the Liberal Government created terminally made ill Heathcare System + Stand up for Decency and Morality = Owwwww, Very Scary Stuff.

Martins' best hope is that enough folk continue to slumber within their stupor, while more and more Libby personal enrichment schemes unravel.

http://www.canada.com/national/national ... bda8922309

Quote Link: Paul Martin knew about claims of "bad behaviour" involving public-opinion contracts for a firm closely tied to his leadership campaign but threatened to quit his job as finance minister if his top advisor was disciplined, a former Liberal aide testified yesterday.

Go Libezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzal Canada. :roll:
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

tough love wrote:THE HIDDEN AGENDA???

Is it the myth which the Liberal Strategists have created to instill fear within anyone who doesn't think Libby, or the hidden agenda myth the Pro-Liberal Government Media puts forth to instill fear into anyone who doesn't think Libby??

Ten yrs plus of Libby influence will have made a countries apathetic peoples even more pathetic if these de$pots can actually pull that poser hidden agenda crap off again.
Unfortunately it works with the easily influenced gLiberal supporters. Look at Otis running to jump on the the Mr. Dithers grenade and vote in these crooks again. Pathetic.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

I wonder why this story is buried in our 'right-wing' media..... :roll: :roll:
Martin's letter shows close ties to ad executive, opposition says: Liberals cancel opposition day, allege 'hijacking'
OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Paul Martin referred to the wife of a key sponsorship advertising executive as "graceful and beautiful" in a friendly 2001 birthday letter that opposition parties say contradicts his testimony at the Gomery Commission.

Martin sent the letter, dated April 26, 2001, in response to an invitation from Diane Deslauriers to attend the 50th birthday of her husband, Groupe Everest, president Claude Boulay. Boulay's firm was a major recipient of sponsorship contracts and Martin testified he knew the man only as an acquaintance.

"But his greetings ... are intimate," Conservative leader Stephen Harper charged in the House of Commons. "He tells Claude Boulay how good looking his wife is. He jokes that he wishes Mr. Boulay would age as well. He kids Claude Boulay about his golf game. Who writes a letter like that to someone he says he does not know?"

Martin's February 2005 assertion at the Gomery inquiry that he only knew Boulay in passing was contradicted last week by the testimony of Alain Renaud, a fixer who introduced advertising firms to government officials. Renaud said he overheard a conversation between Boulay and Martin discussing a sponsorship contract -- something Martin denied after being attacked in the Commons for several days about the discrepancy.

"In front of Gomery he is saying he doesn't know them and then he is saying he doesn't know them and then he is writing them letters like that," said Bloc Quebecois Leader Gilles Duceppe.

The letter had been filed as evidence at the Gomery inquiry.
The attacks by opposition parties are an attempt to tie the prime minister closer to the $250-million sponsorship scandal and vault their standings in public-opinion polls ahead of an anticipated spring election.

Martin government strategistsgot so nervous the Conservatives were plotting to pull the plug on the Liberals Monday night that they cancelled Wednesday's "opposition day" to plan their counter strategy.
Harper said the move was "without precedent" and added the Liberals are "signing their own death warrant" by doing so.

"This is the kind of move a government makes when it's scared to death of an election," Harper told reporters.

Liberal House leader Tony Valeri refused to say when he intends to reschedule the mandated opposition days that are required each session.

"The Conservative motion was a clear attempt to hijack the House," said Valeri. "It was an attempt to twist the rules for partisan purposes."

The Conservative motion would have set specific dates for the six remaining opposition days. An opposition day allows the particular opposition party to choose the topic of debate for that day. The Opposition could use its day to put forward a motion of non-confidence in the government and, if it could rally enough votes to win, Martin's government would be defeated and he would be forced to go to the Governor General and request an election be called.
I guess everyone knows that Mr. Dithers is sleazy lying sack of shit so this story isn't really newsworthy.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Expect Libby Bag Men to cover this country with all sorts of promissory handouts of mismanagement of tax payers monies (eg: $100 mil for the future Canadian (Wpg) Museum For Human Rights) than near election time manipulate it's fear of loss if the idiots don't re-elect the criminals.

I'm already reading poli-boohoo crap about how if we change governments, we will lose out on the gas-tax portions promised during the past libby budget. :roll:

Wake Up People, Stop Being Played For Saps.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:
tough love wrote:THE HIDDEN AGENDA???

Unfortunately it works with the easily influenced gLiberal supporters. Look at Otis running to jump on the the Mr. Dithers grenade and vote in these crooks again. Pathetic.
Easily influenced Liberal supporter is still 10 times better than mindless lemmings following a Bushite clone.

Hey tl, you rail against Bush but you want his nutsack swinging underling Harper in charge of running us into a fiscal oblivion?
What's with that?

What exactly is Harper's stance on Kyoto..
Do you really want to give up our healthcare system in favour of the U.S. style?
Just how many aircraft carriers do we need to order.. 50..100.. 500?
Fuck balanced budgets, let's do this Tory style.. spend and gut.. spend and gut... let the next generation worry about a defecit so large, they're screwed for life.
Do you really want the 2000 version of Lying Brian Mulroney running this ship?
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Harper is a scary scary man. Anyone who wants our country run the same way Bush is running the States, is a complete moron. Say what you want about Jack Layton, but the NDP will still be getting my vote. I voted for the Liberals in the last election and I like a lot of what they stand for, but they have just made to many mistakes. The NDPs stance on healthcare, education, the environment, and other social programs are the reason why they'll be getting my vote.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Viper and Otis both are proof that the gLiberal propaganda machine can still chime out the same old fear-mongering bullshit, and the mentally challanged still eat it up like the trained seals they are.

Uhh, you two forgot to mention how Harper is a racists ............................. wants to kill all fags..........................and.........................oh, yeah.....and he's a NAZI!!!!!!! I guess you need more of the gLiberal machine's chum today.
Last edited by Hapday on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Repeat:
Poli-Systems are flawed.
Every Party plays the system.

Otis, our flawed system has simply become over-played by your de$pots, and you know it.
Till 'we the people' can come up with a constuctive way to protect ourselves from the elected poli-po$er (prolly never while we live under mans rule) I reacon we are only left with the option of making a limited short term decision based on the expectation that the New Tory's would do an acceptable job for at least the first term cuz them being the supposed 'New Boyz' they would most likely play it semi-straight for at least one term in an attempt to try and make their bones with the public.
That would be the plus for Canada.
It is also reasonable to expect that after that one term, they would likely drift back into the same old same old corrupted poli-business as per usual state which we have in place, if given the chance.

Not only do the honest people of Canada need to get away from these paticular Liberals for a spell, but so does the flawed poli-system itself. The now libby's mockery of honesty and decency has not only become a public laughing stock, but their endless unraveling antics is casting to much light upon the cockroach like system itself, becoming the average poli-poser$ worst nightmare.

Like it or not; as long as we are forced to live under the thumb of poli-corruption, the New Tory's are our best option at this time.
It's not saying much, but that's all we got

Vote Alliance...Today's lesser Evil.

And Viper, you can stop being concerned over nothing.
Contrary to what the libby machine would have you believe, Victorious New
Tory's are not going to eradicate the queers. rimshot
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Well said TL. A vote for the gLiberals in this election is highlighting the fact you are an idiot.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

^
Who is the idiot, Hap?
They who recognize the inner lemon, or they who kick the tires and argue the merits of the wreaks exterior.

Perhaps some folk enjoy being continously lied to???

GRATUITIOUS KICK
So how aboot our new immigration policy, 'eh?
Making it easier for foreign students to steal jobs away from real Canadians, making it easier for immigrants to get their parents and grandparents into the country so they can suck on the Govn teet.
Sounds ever so poli-caring and liberal vote seeking correct, it surly does, by gummy.

Anyone expecting honesty from any poli-party, best make ready for a very long wait.

VOTE NEW TORY...Today's Lesser Evil.