Dark Horse - Ben Crane
Darker Horse - Casey Martin
Even Darker Horse - Kevin Na

discuss
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: This little Tourney this weekend

Post by BSmack »

Olympic is a course that requires precision driving. So, if the Memorial version of Earl's kid shows up, he's my pick. If the big stick gets even a little wild, maybe not so much.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

hard to go against katilda's boy, but I don't think his putting is going to hold up on those greens......

I'm going to go with Luke Donald, accuracy off the tee, probably the best iron player in the game, always near the top in scrambling, and he's a good putter.....

dark horse-Bubba Watson-length is a big advantage, but accuracy is the premium at Olympic
really dark horse-Gramme McDowell
get out, get out while there's still time
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Felix wrote:
dark horse-Bubba Watson
nice pick dumbass
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Felix wrote:Luke Donald
Nice call dumbass....

shot of the tournament so far has to be the iron out of the bunker that Beau Hossler hit on number 5.....I couldn't believe he could hit it that high and that far, an incredible shot....that kid has got serious game, but I expect at some point the pressure will get to him.....still, nice to see him just having fun out there....four amateurs made the cut, pretty amazing on that track

no surprise that 3 of the top 5 (McDowell, Furyk, Toms) are also the top three most accurate drivers on tour.....

earls boy got some shitty breaks and in years past he might have vapor locked on the spot...but he's kept his composure, and if he keeps playing like he is, he's going to be tough to beat....

that course is a MF'er...the first 6 holes are just brutal, as tough as it gets
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

when Earl's boy was up against that bunker and was going at the pin and the announcers were like what the fuck is he doing...

he damn near holed it...he is executing his game plan to a T...yeah he caught some shitty breaks but damn if he ain't hitting some fucking shots...

plus it's funny that so many other cats have blown up and hit microphones (sup Sergio)...but I guess Eldrick is the only one who does that

count me in the group that are glad Rory Mac and Luke aren't around...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:plus it's funny that so many other cats have blown up and hit microphones (sup Sergio)...but I guess Eldrick is the only one who does that

count me in the group that are glad Rory Mac and Luke aren't around...
I saw Rory plant a club too. What a despicable human being.

:lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think it's time for golf to start implementing stroke penalties for shit like teeing off on microphones or doing any tilling of the course that doesn't directly involve striking a ball. It sucks that it has come to this, but, since these prima donnas want to act like children, maybe they need to be treated as such.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I've played plenty of shitty golf in my day (sup yesterday*), and I'm yet to bruise a tee marker, garbage can, or any other inanimate golf course article. Whacked a few trees (didn't need that 3I anyway... obviously something wrong with it if it went that far off course).

* -- Nice that after recovering from 2 elbow injuries in the last couple of years (OK, multiple injuries, but both albows), I managed to fuck the left one up again this last week. Slappin it all over the yard, what with the shooting pains.

Colsaerts is mashing it today.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Nice view of Mt. Tam on hole #1... with some 10 foot sets rolling in at Baker Beach in the background on that sweet, sweet course.

Baker Beach at sunset

Oh, did I forget to mention... Baker is a Nude Beach

http://vimeo.com/37318908
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How's Tiger doing? Thought one of the many resident Tiger BSHs here could give me an update.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

screw...he had a shit round yesterday...

any commentary on Sergio going all roy hobbs on a microphone? or is that not despicable enough?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rory showed no class as he moped about on his way to an early flight.

Bubba was a mopey douche on thursday (got his chin up friday, to an extent).

Serg acted quite the dick.

Yet Tiger is somehow the douche? The haters have a very weird perception of reality.

Was anybody's conduct/attitude/ approach perfect on such a course? Is that even possible?

Why yes, yes it is -- see Casey Martin and Beau Hossler.

Speaking of -- RACK the fuck out of Casey. Dude coaches golf, and says he never really plays any more, yet won the qualifier, and played some halfway decent golf, even though he looked like he could barely make it up the apron to the green. His leg is probably going to be amputated pretty soon, and fucker manned up, and gave it one more shot... and conducted himself with the utmost class the entire time... and rocked some sweet QQMF gear to boot.

Fucking STUD. Sometimes, it ain't what you do (although he qualified for the US Open on one freaking leg, and barely missed the cut), but the way that you do it. He did it quite impressively.

And I have a strange feeling we haven't heard the last of Beau Hossler.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dins,

Tiger isn't THE douche. He's just A douche. Unfortunately douchebaggery seems to be on the climb on the PGA, hell, the rest of the world for that matter.

Don't follow the PGA enough to be able to put together a d-bag rank'em.

And yes, rack the hell out of the U&L gimp. A part timer almost making the cut on one stick is impressive.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:Serg acted quite the dick.
Par for the course for Wagglepuss
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Serg acted quite the dick.
Par for the course for Wagglepuss
Disagree. Seg is usually as cordial as they come.

And Big Easy's act has always been A-1... I'm rooting hard for him.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:How's Tiger doing?
he fucked the dog....glad he fulfilled your vicarious hatred for the week....

but your desire to see someone fail as opposed to simply wanting to see the best player win says a lot about you....but carry that hatred with you, it will take you a long ways in life....

seriously, go fuck yourself

btw, I knew Webb was the one to beat
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Felix wrote:

but your desire to see someone fail as opposed to simply wanting to see the best player win says a lot about you....but carry that hatred with you, it will take you a long ways in life....

Give me a fucking break. You're the one who overreacts to any, real or perceived, Tiger bashing like he's a member of your fucking family. And trust me, my mild dislike for Earl's Son doesn't interfere in my life in any way.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Give me a fucking break. You're the one who overreacts to any, real or perceived, Tiger bashing like he's a member of your fucking family. And trust me, my mild dislike for Earl's Son doesn't interfere in my life in any way.
dude, the only time you post in this forum is to bash the guy or to slam the people here that want him to do well because we understand that when he's playing well, the game is better for it....

you don't contribute a fucking thing....you don't know shit about golf, I don't even know if you play....

so really, go fuck yourself
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Couplafew things...

1) I had simpson all the way
2) Seeing Phil, Rory Mc, Luke, etc struggle to either make the cut or finish way down the leader board is EPOCH
3) Earl's kid shits the bed on Saturday...and gets off to a horrendous start on Sunday...birdie's a few coming down the stretch...but too little too late

Earl's kid showed us early that he is getting that form back...tough track and I think he got out of his element on Saturday...sometimes playing with guys you "know" and like to be paired with can be good or bad...my guess had he been paired with Phil, Rory S, Stephen Ames, etc...he prolly takes the course by the throat...he got some bad breaks...so did everyone...how you respond is what makes or breaks you...

I was rooting for John Peterson and some of the younger cats yesterday...as well as the Big Easy...but you feel for a guy like Furyk...that dude just grinds and grinds and ONE bad swing on 16 really cost him the tourney...he never recovered...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I tuned in right after his bad tee shot on 16. Just what exactly did he do?

It's probably all the better that he fukked it away there rather than with a horrible chip shot on 18 that he put in the bunker.

WTF is with that last hole? How do they not carve that thing up as short as it is?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

HE DUCK HOOKED that SOB almost on a 90 degree angle...

he had not chance at birdie at that point...and par was a long shot...pretty much cost him right there...

course was a beeyotch obv...amazing when they don't try to trick shit up and just let mother nature have their way with the course it makes the phenomenal golfer feel like me for a weekend...and the next pro that whines at a US Open about it being too tough...(no one really did this year)...they can go fuck themselves...one weekend a year you can see what it's like hacking it around the track...

even or worse should be the winning score in the US Open
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:and the next pro that whines at a US Open about it being too tough...(no one really did this year)...

Bubba did. But then again, he's quite the whiner...

godgodgodjesusjesusjesus must have told him to whine.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Felix wrote:

Give me a fucking break. You're the one who overreacts to any, real or perceived, Tiger bashing like he's a member of your fucking family. And trust me, my mild dislike for Earl's Son doesn't interfere in my life in any way.
2nd. Very enjoyable tournament to watch. At least the parts I got to watch on Saturday and Sunday.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Felix wrote: he fucked the dog....glad he fulfilled your vicarious hatred for the week....

2nd. Very enjoyable tournament to watch. At least the parts I got to watch on Saturday and Sunday.
somebody get feelsdicks a tissue.

and how dare you haytahs for actually rooting against anyone. fukk, i'm pretty sure that rooting against someone is the primary reason spectator sports thrive. here's to hoping tiger continues to play great major golf.....on thursday.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

smackaholic wrote:WTF is with that last hole? How do they not carve that thing up as short as it is?
That bunker in the front probably scared any aggressive play to that pin on Sunday.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:
somebody get feelsdicks a tissue.

and how dare you haytahs for actually rooting against anyone. fukk, i'm pretty sure that rooting against someone is the primary reason spectator sports thrive. here's to hoping tiger continues to play great major golf.....on thursday.
I don't give a fuck who you root for or against......all I ask is that you contribute to the forum.....at least pretend you know what you're talking about
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

And just how the fukk do you define "contribute"?

Are we 'sposed to give some sort of expert analysis on someone game, or lack there of?

No. We are here primarily to bust each others balls. Wanna contribute? I suppose golf digest has a forum.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

If you really want to bust Felix’s balls, you’ll have to dig them out of his wife’s purse.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:And just how the fukk do you define "contribute"? Are we 'sposed to give some sort of expert analysis on someone game, or lack there of?
You don't need to be an expert. But it wouldn't hurt if you showed some love for the game. Maybe mix in a post or two about your golf outings. Even posting about a PGA Tour player not named Tiger Woods would be an improvement.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:And just how the fukk do you define "contribute"?
do exactly the opposite of what you're doing now
Are we 'sposed to give some sort of expert analysis on someone game, or lack there of? We are here primarily to bust each others balls.
analysis of the game is part of this forum and always has been whether it's analysis of your own game or someone elses.....given that you use wilson 1200's and a $1.50 "hybrid" I think we can pretty much rule out you having any expertise.....

but look hoss, this forum is just like golf-you've got to play to your strengths so I'd stick with the clown act....it's definitely in your wheelhouse
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:analysis of the game is part of this forum and always has been whether it's analysis of your own game or someone elses.....given that you use wilson 1200's and a $1.50 "hybrid" I think we can pretty much rule out you having any expertise.....
Equipment smack?

Would I get any cred if I went out and dropped a few grand on the latest greatest stuff?

:meds: :meds:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Equipment smack? Would I get any cred if I went out and dropped a few grand on the latest greatest stuff?

:meds: :meds:
Again, you're missing the point. I play with clubs that would make a touring pro puke. Every club I play with needs to be re-gripped, re-shafted and fitted properly. My swing sucks and my handicap would make a great number for a defensive back in the NFL. But I LOVE the game and show it by exhibiting actual knowledge about the game in my posts.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:
Equipment smack?
fuck dude, if you buy clubs from craigslist and the bargain bin at your local salvation army, it tells me you don't give a fuck about the game....damn man, wilson 1200's? If your looking for some charity I've got a couple of sets lying around that I'll sell you on the cheap...set of McGregor forged irons, cavity backs with S300 gold shafts, I've got a couple of Nickent hybrids (2 and 3) with stiff graphite shafts, and I've got a Titleist 975D 9.5 degree with a Fujikara Speeder shaft ...I've got an old ping anser II putter...sure it's dated equipment but you wouldn't look like the total fucking tool you do when you drag those antiques you've got out to the course....make me an offer...fuck, they just collect dust right now, but perfectly good clubs, certainly better than what you've got....
Would I get any cred if I went out and dropped a few grand on the latest greatest stuff?
nope, but if you told me you bought a set of Callaway Steelheads X-16's for $80, then told me you spent another $40 or $50 bucks getting them fit, I'd have a lot more respect for you....as is, you're the douchebag my buds and I get paired with that usually quits after two holes out of sheer embarrassment.....
BSmack wrote:
Again, you're missing the point. I play with clubs that would make a touring pro puke. Every club I play with needs to be re-gripped, re-shafted and fitted properly. My swing sucks and my handicap would make a great number for a defensive back in the NFL. But I LOVE the game and show it by exhibiting actual knowledge about the game in my posts.
zactly
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The 1200s were actually bought new by the old man, some time in the mid 70s. They were actually considered decent clubs backk in the day. I've been using them for 30+ years.

I didn't go into the SA store looking for a hybrid, actually, it was the goodwill. I just happened to see the damn thing when I was there and figured what the hell. And no, I ain't that dude that quits 3 holes in. Played an awful lot during high school and most of my twenties. Kinda got away from it after getting married (too goddamn expensive). Have been playing a little more the last coupla years though. Hoping to get my game back into the mid eighties with a little practice, but, not likely to see the other side of 80 on a regular basis as I did when I could play base courses damn near for free.

And bri, if you suck as badly as you claim, i promise you i would kick your ass with my relic shit clubs. And if you had a little respect for the game as you claim, you would be appalled when Tiger acts like that fukking dude that storms off the course after the third hole.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:The 1200s were actually bought new by the old man, some time in the mid 70s. They were actually considered decent clubs backk in the day. I've been using them for 30+ years.
they were/are decent clubs....I played a set of them for years...and I kind of came across them the same way you did in that they were hand me downs from my old man....they were actually kind of a revolutionary club for their time...one of the guys I play with occasionally plays with a set of forged blades that must be 40 years old...he plays them extremely well, although I can't hit them for shit...it's whatever works and what makes the game enjoyable for you....
I didn't go into the SA store looking for a hybrid, actually, it was the goodwill. I just happened to see the damn thing when I was there and figured what the hell. And no, I ain't that dude that quits 3 holes in. Played an awful lot during high school and most of my twenties. Kinda got away from it after getting married (too goddamn expensive). Have been playing a little more the last coupla years though. Hoping to get my game back into the mid eighties with a little practice, but, not likely to see the other side of 80 on a regular basis as I did when I could play base courses damn near for free.
I'm a pawn shop guy myself, although the days of the mom and pop pawn shops around here are all but gone...now there are "chains" of pawn shops and the days of finding "gold" for coal prices have disappeared.....I picked up an original ping scottsdale model 1a putter out of the singles club garbage can for $1 and putted with it for years....used to drive my buds batshit crazy because it was the ping putter that actually pinged when you putted the ball.....sold it about 20 years later for $200.....I've picked lots of clubs out of the bargain bins because they looked interesting or I wanted to bend them in some weird fashion....I took an old ben hogan apex iron and bent that fucking thing as far down as I could....took it out to the driving range just to see what it would do....I could hook the ball so far that it would make bubba watson jealous, but hitting it straight was out of the question
you would be appalled when Tiger acts like that fukking dude that storms off the course after the third hole.
I am appalled at his behavior at times and hate it when he acts the fool....but he gets shithammered in the press when he's caught on camera saying "goddammit tiger" out loud, when that's child's play compared with what a lot of pros say out loud....I've heard pros yell out "mother fucker" and "cocksucker".....tiger isn't that much different from a lot of the guys out on tour, he just gets a lot more coverage
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I don't fault tiger for murmuring shit after a shitty shot. I am sure all the greats did it all the time. But when he starts acting like a spoiled little kid. slamming his driver or throwing his putter, it's a different story. Link me up to the footage of Jack or any of the other legends doing the same. And yes, they did have cameras back in the stone age. if it happened, we'd see it.

My other issue with tiger his apparent lack of loyalty to anyone. It seems that when his game gets off track, rather than blaming himself, he shitcans a caddie or a swing coach. Doesn't matter that he attained unimaginable levels of success with that dude. The fact that this appalling lack of loyalty extends into his private life is of no surprise.

The bottom line here is,IMHO, Tiger is a shitty human being. Donating bazillions doesn't change this as that is all part of the overpaid superstar dealio. They all do it.

And I refuse to root for someone, I consider a shitty human being.

Can I appreciate the amazing talent required to watch someone bend a 235 yd 5 iron around a tree to 7 ft?

Sure. I just rather see somebody not named tiger do it.

I am more a fan of unknown dude stepping up or really really really old dude, like Watson at The Open a year or two back.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:I don't fault tiger for murmuring shit after a shitty shot. I am sure all the greats did it all the time. But when he starts acting like a spoiled little kid. slamming his driver or throwing his putter, it's a different story. Link me up to the footage of Jack or any of the other legends doing the same. And yes, they did have cameras back in the stone age. if it happened, we'd see it.

My other issue with tiger his apparent lack of loyalty to anyone. It seems that when his game gets off track, rather than blaming himself, he shitcans a caddie or a swing coach. Doesn't matter that he attained unimaginable levels of success with that dude. The fact that this appalling lack of loyalty extends into his private life is of no surprise.
I get what you're saying and to a certain extent I think there's a lot of truth in what you've said....

we just happen to differ on what kind of a person we think he is, but the reality is that neither of us knows anything about him....most of the guys on tour think he's a pretty decent cat, so that's about all I have to go on....

I give him the benefit of the doubt...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

And that is your perrogative. Root for whomever you chose.

The issue I have is when you CBSHs* say we haytahs are not fans of the game because we sit in front of the TV, tiger voodoo dolls in hand, wishing for a bolt of lightning to hit paydirt right there on the course.

When you watch a baseball game, do you cheer when a player on a team you don't like makes a diving catch?

Fukk no, you don't. You can still appreciate the talent displayed, however.

* cablanasian BSH
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:The issue I have is when you CBSHs* say we haytahs are not fans of the game because we sit in front of the TV, tiger voodoo dolls in hand, wishing for a bolt of lightning to hit paydirt right there on the course.

When you watch a baseball game, do you cheer when a player on a team you don't like makes a diving catch?
different animals bud.....golf is an individual sport....I've been playing tournament golf for years and I can honestly say I've never once rooted against any of my opponents (unless they were real fucking dicks) because the guy I took lessons from as a kid (and mentored me throughout my life until he passed away) taught me early on that I can't control what an opponent does on the course, I can only control what I do....he taught me always to expect the unexpected (an opponent dropping a 40 foot putt or canning a sand shot) that way if it happens, you're not surprised and it doesn't fuck your game up....I've never wanted to beat guys because they were playing bad, I always wanted to beat them when they were playing their best....that's just the philosophy that I've always had and that's why I don't root against anybody on the PGA (except Rory Sabbatini because the guy is a fucking dick)....sure there are guys I like better than others, but at the end of a PGA tournament I'm usually pleased for whoever won.....