Jim in Philly---

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Jim in Philly---

Post by jiminphilly »

Papa Willie wrote:That was the best baseball game I've ever seen. Wouldn't have mattered if the Phillies would have won it. It was just the best.

Just saw this, Spray. Sorry for the late reply.

That was a fun game to watch. Seems like the NL East is going to be a tight race all year. The Nats are pounding their chest because of Bryce Harper (and the kid is fun to watch) but I don't think their pitching will hold up.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:but I don't think their pitching will hold up.
Oh the irony is OVER FUCKING WHELMING.

Halladay - heading downhill
Hamels - Bitch
Worley - Who?
Blanton - mediocre
Lee - Good
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:but I don't think their pitching will hold up.
Oh the irony is OVER FUCKING WHELMING.

Halladay - heading downhill
Hamels - Bitch
Worley - Who?
Blanton - mediocre
Lee - Good
How is it that a team in first place in the NL east is only 17th in attendance in MLB?

I fucking love how all the national fans are suddenly coming out of hiding after taking 2-3 from the Phillies this weekend. It's a long fucking season and you're losing key players left and right. Hamels may very well be a bitch and a pussy but one thing is for certain, he won't be signing with your team next year after what your GM said. (speaking of being a pussy, Rizzo needs to grow a set).
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:(speaking of being a pussy, Rizzo needs to grow a set).
You are a moron. He's sticking up for his player publicly, what do you expect him to do? Rizzo is as grizzled as they come and he (and Harper) know that rooks have been getting drilled since the beginning of time. Rizzo knows what's going on, he's also smart enough to stick up for his players publicly.

Don't worry, the best pitching staff in the NL doesn't have room for that hand model bitch Hamels in the first place. He can stick around Philly to get fucked in the ass on a regular basis.

As for the attendance crack, Washington is a cosmopolitan, affluent and diverse city with residents who, unlike Philadelphia, have lives beyond professional sports. School is still in session. Once school gets out and the Nats keep winning, tickets will become harder and harder to get.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:(speaking of being a pussy, Rizzo needs to grow a set).
You are a moron. He's sticking up for his player publicly, what do you expect him to do? Rizzo is as grizzled as they come and he (and Harper) know that rooks have been getting drilled since the beginning of time. Rizzo knows what's going on, he's also smart enough to stick up for his players publicly.

Don't worry, the best pitching staff in the NL doesn't have room for that hand model bitch Hamels in the first place. He can stick around Philly to get fucked in the ass on a regular basis.

As for the attendance crack, Washington is a cosmopolitan, affluent and diverse city with residents who, unlike Philadelphia, have lives beyond professional sports. School is still in session. Once school gets out and the Nats keep winning, tickets will become harder and harder to get.

Of course he should stick up for a player but to say in 30 years he hasn't seen something of this magnitude is pure horseshit. And to bring up the bounty system in the NFL in the same conversation is, at best a joke but really just as stupid as what Cole said. Hamels beaned Harper in the back. That's where you hit a guy when you send a message but not with any intent to injure. He went overboard and sounded like he was crying.

Rizzo is trying to create a rallying call for a shitty fan base who can't fill a stadium despite a 1st place team. And don't give me some absurd excuse about the location of the stadium and the subsequent impact on the fan-base. The Nats have a 3 1/2 year old stadium and finally have a contending team and Rizzo is pissed because he STILL can't get a full stadium. The fact that the team had to come up with a marketing slogan to try and deter fans from another city from coming to their stadium is fucking sad.

Face it. For all that area has to offer- and I won't deny how much there is to do- the people down there as fake as they come. Love or hate the people of Philly, they show up and support their teams. And it's not because Philly has nothing else to offer. In fact you know how good the music scene is. Not many cities have the intimate venues that Philly has.