2012 Playoffs Thread

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: 2012 Playoffs Thread

Post by Shoalzie »

Rangers took advantage of the home ice and the line matchups...the Hagelin (GO BLUE)-Richards-Gaborik line had their best success at the Garden when Torts could keep them away from Carlson-Alzner.

I've got Rangers-Kings for the Cup...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fuck Hagelin, easy bleedin' motherfucker.

And I agree, it came down to line changes. Rangers are tough, Caps will have to dwell on that catastrophic late Game 5 in New York.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Meh, the goal came in the first two minutes of the first penalty so double-minor or not...that game was headed for OT anyway.

Why is all the talk about a potential brawl between the Rangers and Devils? The Devils played a smart series against the Flyers and didn't get dragged into their dumb shit. Putting guys like Janssen or Boulton into their lineup is a major hit to what was a winning lineup for two rounds. The Rangers play a rugid game but what's to gain for them if they goon it up after seeing how it didn't work for the Flyers? I think that's an overrated storyline and fisticuffs will only occur in a blowout game and pride needs to be restored. I doubt it happens though...it should be a closely-played series. It won't be 1994 but it should be good.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Kings looked very good in game #1. if it comes down to Kings Rangers I'm going to have a problem. Being a Ranger fan since the early 80's and having the wife work 40+ Kings games a year for the past 20 years....I'd actually like to see the Kings win because Bob Miller is the only major announcer in LA who hasn't been part of a championship team as both chick and Vin have.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Why is all the talk about a potential brawl between the Rangers and Devils? The Devils played a smart series against the Flyers and didn't get dragged into their dumb shit.
Little bit bigger of a rivalry and they have some carry over from the last game they played in the regular season.

Thought Rupp was going to go with Bernier after the score was 3-0.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Pretty solid start for the Rangers...looked like the fresher team even though they are coming back from short rest. The Devils have been resilient in these playoffs so I'd be shocked if they lay another turd on Wednesday.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

the Devils were lucky to draw the Flyers. Their defense was like the red sea and whatever the hell that goalies name was couldn't stop a freaking beach ball. Now they've got to deal with Lundquist and a better defense. I think the Rangers put them away in 6.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nothing I love more than the Flyers overpaying for a goaltender every year and STILL not getting it done in net. You'd think dumbfuck Ed Snider would learn by now.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The WCF is officially on sweep watch...the Kings simply can't lose on the road.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Nothing I love more than the Flyers overpaying for a goaltender every year and STILL not getting it done in net. You'd think dumbfuck Ed Snider would learn by now.

They went all in on the best available goalie when they didn't really have to. While he was on a cup-winning team but Giguere was the #1 guy, he's the guy who couldn't get out of the 1st round two years in a row and posted a GAA around 4. They knew who they were getting involved in...a guy with good regular season numbers but in the playoffs, he's come up very small.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Nice knowing ya, Yotes...Dwight King is killing it in this series.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

What's happening with the Kings is amazing......play your best hockey when it really matters..........Get hot at the right time.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Pretty solid start for the Rangers...looked like the fresher team even though they are coming back from short rest. The Devils have been resilient in these playoffs so I'd be shocked if they lay another turd on Wednesday.
The Devils have carried the play for the first 3 games. Lundqvist has won both games for the Rangers. Kreider has been playing so well. Gaborik starting to be his disappearing self again.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

It seems like the Devils forget there's a 3rd period.......
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

King Henrik has been the best player in the series...for the Devils to be the better team based on the eye test but have two shutout wins and to have the series lead overall...that's Conn Smythe worthy.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

You need your best player to step up and the Rangers are getting that right now. While the Devils have dictated play they have to be getting frustrated with Lundqvist and all the shots that are getting blocked.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Laxplayer wrote: Bob Miller
I remember years back, I think it was NBC doing the World Series, and they actually invited Vin to do some playbyplay....it was really kewl...also because KTTV or whoever Vin worked for allowed it to happen also.

I'd love for Bob Miller to get some TV airtime for the finals....remember Dan Avey?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

I remember Dan Avey and in fact have met him a few times at various functions that have involved my wife and Bob. Good for Bob. would love to see him get the championship. He's the best in the business, one of the nicest guys, classiest guys, genuine people you'll ever meet. Also my wife gets two more days of work at the very least...... :grin:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Damn, the Devils are playing for keeps tonight...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Damn, the Devils are playing for keeps tonight...
They're lucky they aren't down 4 goals right now.

Rangers are all over the ice. Have a weird feeling they'll lose this one despite totally owning the game after the first 7 minutes.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Well mucho, they're fucked now.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Not giving up on them now.

Pretty sure they were down 3-2 in the opening series and came back. It can be done.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

In the first, the Devils were getting all the breaks but the Rangers were the better team the rest of the way. Crazy game overall...both goalies were rotten. I still think this is going 7 just because that's how it goes.

So, does Callahan guarantee a win in Game 6 and pots a hatty? Does Prust score a GWG in OT in Game 7? Would be amazing if history repeated itself...watch Game 6 be a 1-0 Devils win.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

I agree mucho......where are the ghosts of messier? Can they dress Matteau one more time? Gaborik needs to fucking step up..........
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I say the Rangers survive tonight...can't get off to the start they had in Game 5 though and expect to win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

They fell behind and came back only to lose again...the better team ultimately won the series. We'll see the lowest seeded team ever to win a Stanley Cup.

My initial lean is Kings in 6...Dustin Brown winning the Conn Smythe
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Go Kings!!!
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Absolutely....GO KINGS........
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Shoalzie wrote: Dustin Brown winning the Conn Smythe
Not a bad pick prior to the series. Now down to Quick & Kopitar. Probably will go to Quick.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

If the Kings win this.......and they will.....hopefully...the Conn Smythe will go to Quick. Has to. He's been the best player every night for them.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Unless Kopitar goes off in Game 4, I'd go with Quick as well...another shutout and a goals against south of 1.00 for the series. He's been close to flawless in the series. Kopitar has been their best forward though.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Quick has it. He's been phenomenal every game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's the third time they've done it...3-0 series lead and plays a subpar Game 4 at home to extend the series. They've been dynamite on the road...although I liked their effort the other night, I'll be stunned if the Devils push this to another game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Any time now, Kings...

The Kings wouldn't be my first choice to want to see blow a 3-0 lead in the Finals but there's a damn good chance it could happen. If they can't do it tonight, I can only imagine how tight they'd be Wednesday back in Newark.

:popcorn:
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Well at least that's over. No more stress, no more worrying in Brodeur can steal another game....The Kings have won the Stanley Cup......Sweet.......
If not the Rangers for me, then the Kings. For 35+ years Bob Miller has been broadcasting and now he gets his Ring. Vin, Chick, and Bob...the three best in one city at any time, the three best at each of their sports and now Bob gets to share a championship. Awesome for him as well as Nick Nickson.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Local NBC crew with a reporter outside Staples....Those stupid drunk fucking Mex////err, fans, must steal some gear, beer it up in the hood, and show up to test the mischief meter.

Probably wouldn't know a hockey puck from an avocado.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Congrats SoCal...what a difference a 5-minute major can make. That onslaught on that power play was the difference.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Seer...I'll go one further....why the fuck do they even interview those assholes, or the drunk know nothing people in bars who just bought their jersey.
Now throw this into the mix. Bob Miller and Jim Fox have been calling games together for 20+ years and Bob for 40+ years. Both Fox Sports stations have on the fucking baseball game. Dodgers vs. Angels. How about you bump one of the games tell people the Kings post game show will be on and if they want to watch baseball just change the GD channel. Why the fuck are there two baseball games on when one local team just won a championship and the guys who have been calling games for years.....one legend don't even get on the air.? What a cluster fuck....I heard Patrick O'Neil did a great job with interviews meanwhile Bob and Jim always do a great job but nobody got to see it.....what a joke.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I guess they had Bob Miller do a "souvenir" gamecast for a collectable CD for the championship game last night....I'd buy it for spite...agree totally with your take on Fox....the DP's around here can muck it up with the best anywhere....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

He and Jim did that for each game they had a chance to clinch. Bob was on Mason and Ireland yesterday for a couple of segments. What a great interview.....The great one...Vin actually called in to talk to him.