NCAA tournament games thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: NCAA tournament games thread

Post by Shoalzie »

Jsc810 wrote:26 Maize Rage 15 - - - - Missouri 2 17

:oops: :lol: :doh:

(Yeah, that's me...)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Lotta people with Mizzou. I'm hoping the points increase per round so I can get out of the freaking basement.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Shoalzie wrote:Well, since Michigan is out of the way...I'm all for USF stomping a mud hole in OH-IO-U on Sunday.
mac represent over here.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I don't think Arch Angel's bracket is going to look nearly as good by the end of the day...
"Keys, woman!"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Does anyone know why CBS/NCAA schedule the 3rd round games the way they do?

I was "smart" and bought tickets for the 3rd round games in Nashville earlier this week. Thought it would be a nice sunday afternoon with a drive back to Alabama that night but NCAA/CBS straight fucked me over....

6:10...USF/Ohio
9:40...FSU/Cincy

Syracuse, Zaga/OSU and Wisky/Vandy get 3 of the 4 earliest games on Saturday. FSU/Cincy get the last game on Sunday and draws a well rested OSU on Thursday.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:I don't know what to say, except... nice job Norfolk St.
I feel for ya. As a Cuse fan I still get the shakes every time I hear about the Richmond Spiders.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

even though the tourney is over for my boys, I'm really enjoying this Murray St - Marquette game.

Man, what a great match-up Mizzou would've been against either of these teams.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yup, fun game with a lot of energy and intensity. Go Racers!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't care how good of a coach Tom Crean is, I just can't take him seriously until he does something about that haircut.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I am trying to figure out what I hate about Tom Crean...then he gets off a blast of Steve Smith/Seth Davis...thanks for the ammo? Go fuck yourself asshat...they are paid to give opnions and shit...too boo hoo fucking bad if you don't like what they say...

fuck if I know that Charles Barkley picked Gonzaga and shit...who gives a big fat rat cock...I hope IU gets their VA JAY JAYS pounded in the next round...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Big Ten would have a perfect record thus far had Michigan been able to beat their arch rival, Ohio.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Well, Seth Davis is an idiot. Not as big an idiot as Doug Gottleib. But an idiot nonetheless. And a hack. That SI piece was all unnamed sources carving up their colleagues with no accountability. What a total piece of shit "journalism". But Wisconsin's still in it, which undoubtedly chafes Seth's labia. So there's that.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The Big Ten would have a perfect record thus far had Michigan been able to beat their arch rival, Ohio.

The conference has definitely shown up so far but this Michigan team had the earmarks of an early exit. They're the only tourney team from the conference that didn't have strong front court play. Smotrycz is talented but can't really bang and Morgan is so inconsistent and can't hang with the other bigs on the top teams. Michigan relied too much on 3s and hoping to force turnovers when you need a balanced inside and outside game to be successful in the conference.

Plus, they had next to no length...playing a smallish 4 guard lineup against the beef Michigan State or Ohio State has the front court, they didn't have a prayer. Aside from Burke's ability to dribble drive and the odd backdoor to the hoop, they had no confidence taking the ball inside and they had basically no one pull down rebounds when they miss 3/5 of their outside shots and ended up with a lot of one-and-done trips down the floor and made the susceptible to long scoring droughts.

Next year, Green is gone and hopefully Sullinger leaves early...Michigan will have more size next year and lose a couple of gutty guards in Novak and Douglass but they should be a much more talented team. I didn't expect this particular group to share the conference crown...Burke was than expected. Vogrich is the only notable senior next year so this group coming in should be around a couple years.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I am trying to figure out what I hate about Tom Crean...then he gets off a blast of Steve Smith/Seth Davis...thanks for the ammo? Go fuck yourself asshat...they are paid to give opnions and shit...too boo hoo fucking bad if you don't like what they say...

fuck if I know that Charles Barkley picked Gonzaga and shit...who gives a big fat rat cock...I hope IU gets their VA JAY JAYS pounded in the next round...
I guess this is the kind of drivel you get when tO$U fan tries to get into a basketball conversation. Go back to the spring football practice boards, you're over your skies here.

IU had to literally rebuild from nothing after Sampson. Crean started with 2 walk-ons and a thrown together spring recruiting class. We were having baseball players try out for the team in January, and then play significant minutes! Well when we were down people (rightfully so I'll add) kicked us and kicked us good. It was universal outside of Hoosier Nation. The thing was, nobody wanted us back. Well guess what, we are. But nobody wanted to acknowledge it. Preseason we were picked to finish 9th in conference. Media heads kept talking about Crean being on the hot seat which couldn't have been further from reality. There's a reason he got a 2 year extension on his original 8 year deal before he'd ever even coached 1 game. People within the university knew how bad of a mess he inherited and that it'd take some time to get back on track.

When we beat UK nobody wanted to give us any credit and acknowledge we might actually have a team this year, it was just a fluke. Then we beat tO$U and it couldn't be because we might have a team, it was another fluke and was ref aided (never mind the fact Zeller played less minutes due to foul trouble than Sullinger). Then we hit a rough patch in the middle of the year and the wolves pounced, "see, see, I told you IU wasn't actually any good, see, see". The ship was righted and we finished the year strong winning 8 of 9, including a thorough win against a MSU team trying to lock up a conference title. But still the doubters didn't want to believe.

So on Selection Sunday when the brackets are unveiled there is talk about a potential IU/UK rematch, and Seth Davis immediately says it won't happen because IU is going to lose to New Mexico State. Gottlieb put a stolen credit card down long enough to also pick IU to lose in round 1. On the ESPNU "experts" show 4 of the 6 panel members pick against IU in round 1. On the CBS college network show all panelists but one pick IU to lose. The list goes on and on. So guess what, Coach Crean wisely uses this as motivation for the team. The "nobody believed in us" and "us against the world" mentality has proven to be a powerful motivating force in sports. Due to the years and years of negativity piled upon these Hoosiers it is extra powerful.

Having Matta at the helm I'm sure you aren't used to seeing a coach actually employ any motivational tactics so perhaps that's why you're mistaking smart maneuvering with whining. Crean couldn't care less what talking heads say, but a group of 19-20 year old kids who've had shit heaped on them since their arrival do and Crean is again wisely using any and all motivational techniques at his disposal.

Next year when IU is preseason top 10 he won't have that ammo in his arsenal, so fire the bullets now while you still have them. The days of kicking IU are over.

We very well may get our ass handed to us on Friday. Kentucky is an extremely good team and has pro players up and down their roster. But there will be no fear on the IU side of things. We've seen them already and we prevailed. One game, anything can happen. But I'm sure most will pick UK to win, and I'm also sure Crean will continue to spin that into "us against the world". It's what any good coach would do. And haircut aside ( :meds: ) that's exactly what Crean is.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RACK.

Having Indiana back as a Big 10 power is a good thing.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Having Shine "back" is also a good thing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:RACK.

Having Indiana back as a Big 10 power is a good thing.
I agree. And better them than Purdon't, whose fan base has grown insufferable.

IU/UK should be a lot of fun.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Wow in over the skies...your vagina ok there? I mean seriously...

Look I don't give a rats cock what people say...but the dude is a pompous ass in my opinion...way to be the "bigger" man on National TV...yeah having IU back is a good thing...trust me I like the competition...and in fact go back and look how many times people picked against OSU in football, basketball, et al...it FUCKING Happens...that is more my point...

so every talking head picked against IU...big fucking deal...go back and look at when OSU played Oregon in the Rose Bowl...the talking heads picked against OSU...OSU was the dog...they beat Oregon but you didn't hear JT go hey thanks for the fucking ammo...

that was more my point...but the fact that IU fans vagina is sore maybe you need to rub it some more...

I ain't holding my breath for OSU b ball this year...in fact until they WIN a sweet 16 game (sup the last 2 years)...they are just as bad or good as the last couple of years...

oh and save your you only show up comments...I post on this board...just not as much as you basketball know it alls...but hey...guess I should start so I don't get called out...and shit like that

and further...Shine I really dont' care what the talking heads think or say...and maybe that is great of Crean to stick up for his players...good for him...and I'll repeat again I do like IU back in the mix...it's nice to have them competitive again after the Davis/Sampson debacles...look forward to more battles...isn't that what we do on message boards?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wasn't pretty but I'll take it. Survive and advance. Saint Louis is a very good defensive team. I've seen practically every minute of MSU this year and that was about the best defensive effort I've seen against the Spartans.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That wasn't the Missouri team you were supposed to lose to. :(

Draymond Green is probably the best player in CBB.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Every time I see the replay, I keep thinking THIS will be the time that Phil Pressey’s last-second three actually falls and wins the game…

…but it glances off the back-iron every time.

Buried under an avalanche of pain and despair doesn’t even cover it.

Hard to fault the effort. The Tigers lit up Norfolk for 84 points, shot 53% from the field, 45% from three, and only missed four free throws.

And still lost by two.

Yeah, they were outrebounded by 12, but that’s been Mizzou basketball all year. Maybe if Kimmie had been healthy, things mighta come out a bit different. Still, Marcus, Michael and Flip all finished with 20+, and Ricardo had 14…

No, the stat that galls is this: Norfolk State: 10-19 from three, 53%.

I do not remember them missing a single one, much less nine. Every single one of them was an off-balance, twisting, rattle-down-bank-shot pile of shit.

Mizzou didn’t lose. But they did get beat. By a buncha junky-ass, play-ground, street-ball mvscals who haven’t a hope of duplicating such an effort again, much less against Florida. Watch ‘em get buried by 30 today. Fuckers hit the lottery Friday afternoon. Fuck.

…And to those of you who picked Missouri at the top of your brackets…

Don’t. Just don’t. Ever. This is Mizzou we’re talking about here. This shit is SUPPOSED to happen. As Tiger fans, it defines us. We’re not supposed to win. At anything. First loss to a lower seed in 20 years… Fuck-me-running.

Spent the aftermath watching the Duke-Lehigh game perched on a barstool next to a native North Carolinian and life-long Blue Devils fan. Passed most of the early evening arguing with him about the fortunes of Mizzou football in the SEC – until the game’s closing moments, when it appeared the Mountain Hawks were about to pull off the unthinkable for the second time in two hours.

Fucker staggered out muttering about watching the game with cursed Missouri fans in an unlucky bar….
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

4 from the B1G to the 16...nice run so far...B1G needs to seal the deal...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Buried under an avalanche of pain and despair doesn’t even cover it.
Oh, I'd say it covers it pretty well, along with this:

This is Mizzou we’re talking about here. This shit is SUPPOSED to happen. As Tiger fans, it defines us. We’re not supposed to win. At anything.
You'd think we'd be used to it by now and to a degree, I am. But that doesn't make it suck or hurt any less.

Still proud of this team and what they accomplished this year when going into the season expectations were very low. Very proud of Denman and all the seniors for a great career.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mizzou isn't cursed, and don't over-think, it Tru. This is the NCAA Tournament. Sometimes shit comes down to just one isolated play. That is why this is the best event in all of sports.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Mizzou isn't cursed, and don't over-think, it Tru. This is the NCAA Tournament. Sometimes shit comes down to just one isolated play. That is why this is the best event in all of sports.
Don't disagree with your take at all, Dawg. I love my team.

But we're Mizzou.

We're the pre-2004 Boston Red Sox of college sports. Some truly great ball clubs over the years - but just not good enough to get it done.

Will always keep the Faith, Mgo. Already developing a healthy disregard of UK. Gawd, their fans are dicks. Just hate that we didn't earn the chance to mix it up with Sparty for a shot at the dance....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Mizzou didn’t lose. But they did get beat. By a buncha junky-ass, play-ground, street-ball mvscals who haven’t a hope of duplicating such an effort again, much less against Florida. Watch ‘em get buried by 30 today.
by 34, to be exact, which just makes it that much harder to swallow.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Kansas 63, Purdue 60.

God hates us, Wags.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

meanwhile, Kansas happens...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: That is why this is the best event in all of sports.

Not even close...

You're starting to sound like a chick the day after "Thanksgiving".

I'll take 3 to 4 months of College Football and the NFL ... hands down.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The NCAA and NFL regular seasons aren't events, idiot. The NCAA men's basketball tournament is an event.

Crack a fucking book once in a while, Milton.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:The NCAA and NFL regular seasons aren't events, idiot.

Then shit for brains... says this

Screw_Michigan wrote:The NCAA men's basketball tournament is an event.

Psst... every weekend in College Football matters and is an event. Every weekend in the NFL is an event.

You do understand what the meaning of an event is ???

Seriously, I'm surrounded by idiots...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Real tough way to end the season last night, but no one expected us to make the Tournament before the season started. Good recruting class coming in next season, so hopefully we can build on this momentum.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

M2 wrote:Seriously, I'm surrounded by idiots...

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Pick your battles wisely, toolio. This one ain't worth it.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Pick your battles wisely, toolio. This one ain't worth it.

carry on...

... and let me know how this thread goes for you.

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =2&t=40688
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Shine wrote:Gottlieb put a stolen credit card down
Stolen from a ND student, no doubt.

Oh, and don't forget about the stolen text books, which he was undoubtedly planning on returning to the ND bookstore for money.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
His Notre Dame roommate. You didn't know that?

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Goober McTuber wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
His Notre Dame roommate. You didn't know that?
Uhh, yeah. The reason for my reference. He also stole textbooks from other ND students and returned them to the bookstore for money, which was the basis for the rest of my post.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm no huge fan of Dougie G....but, i heard him publicly admit what he did was wrong. it was a mistake he made trying to fit in at a school where the other kids had money or something. i respected him for that to a degree. it was a bad decision he made and i'll never forget OU daring him to beat them from the FT line extended, collapsing the D, it was like the opposite of a box and one.....and he just wouldn't take the J. OU wins a low scoring game to close out the old GIA. heh. hilarious.

Nolan Johnson, a Sooner without much national pub, schooled Desmon Mason off the dribble on a couple big possessions. straight to the rim. Sooner score. a thing of beauty.

I would rather bang my cock between two bricks than listen to Gottleib talk about movies or "culture" or any other ruminations on this life we have on planet Earth, however. glad my sports radio days are way in the rear-view.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

King Crimson wrote:i'm no huge fan of Dougie G....but, i heard him publicly admit what he did was wrong. it was a mistake he made trying to fit in at a school where the other kids had money or something. i respected him for that to a degree.
I believe that people deserve second chances, and I respect him, to a degree, for making the best of his that he could.

That having been said, not everyone at ND was a rich kid, and not everyone who wasn't a rich kid felt the need to steal so they could fit in. I'm proof of that.