C130 fire PET.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

DC Smackmaster
Elwood

C130 fire PET.

Post by DC Smackmaster »

First crash truck on scene, fire's already out when this pic was taken.

Once we got our hose line into the plane and were able to ventilate we saw the full tank of fuel that this C130 uses to refuel other aircraft mid-flight. That made me nervous!

The interior was gutted. Probably a total loss, but at least the crew of 10 Canadian Airmen were able to get out and to safety. The fire started after they were about 50 in air from takeoff. Pilot said when they stopped there was zero visibility.

At the top of the plane you see that hole? The fire burned it out and made a perfect place to direct our roof turret streams to knock the fire down from the outside before making the interior attack with handlines. Yes, the douche standing like a douche is me. Not the guys in the white shirts, those are my bosses.

We don't get many good fires so this was pretty cool. I mean, NO fires is best, but if they happen it's always cool if I'm working when they do.

On a different note. Saw this bumper sticker on the way to drop my kid off at school this morning. Looks like Dan is running for State's Attorney. :lol:
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: C130 fire PET.

Post by Goober McTuber »

If God meant for Canadians to fly, he would have given them tickets.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Rack you and the PET!

Any ideas on the cause? Did the crew open any hatches or windows to try to vent some of the smoke?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

WOAH.

The inside of that plane looked like smackaholic's backyard. :shock:
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

They were doing touch and go's which is just taking off, coming in, touching wheels to the ground and taking off again. They had just touched and were about 50 ft off the ground when a hydraulic pump in the back of the plane exploded. The crew said a wall of fire just went up and everyone rushed to the front of the aircraft yelling "abort!" "fire!' and the pilot landed. If they had been even a few hundred more feet down the runway or in the air I'm pretty sure we would've been collecting body parts. Lucky frickin guys. They were all in this giddy overjoyed mood I assume from realizing just how close they came to cashing in their chips! Like I said, we don't get this kind of thing much, certainly not an engulfed C130, so it was pretty exciting.

*Sorry LS. No, they didn't open anything until they landed and then they all bailed out of a forward door.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

R-Jack wrote:The inside of that plane looked like smackaholic's backyard.
:mrgreen:
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Can't really see any piano keys, but based on that first photo it looks really wide there so assuming a turnoff at the far end of the runway. How much concrete did they have in front of them when they got it stopped?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

hard to tell from the low camera angle, but look like the airplane might be sitting on the numbers
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..