"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Fave ice Cream?

Post by Buried_Nick »

This foogin Heath Bar shit I gots right here, is the shit, man

Hell, ANY Breyers cream is the stuff..
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

More of a gelato man myself
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Baskin Robbins' Peanut Butter Chocolate
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

nuclear green mint chocolate chip, cooking forum issue.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

the Dairy Bar at Cornell
had a flavor called "Sticky Buns"
--I was known to get a cone there
back in the day !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Oregon Boosenberry
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Tillamook Mountain Huckleberry
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

There's this stuff that Ben & Jerry's makes called chocolate brownie chunk or something.

Kick ass.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

I love pistachio ice cream... I love pistachio gelato even more. There's a gelato shop I visited a few weeks ago that had this fancy raspberry white chocolate pistachio mix, it was pretty good.

I've made maple butter pecan ice cream that was FANTASTIC.

I'm making cinnamon gelato this week for a party on Saturday. I'll let you know if it works out well.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Too bad most of you can't get Blue Bell ice cream. It really is the shizzy. Their Birthday cake ice cream is pretty rocking. So is their moo-lennium crunch.

PPanther, I was thinking of issuing the Ice Cream maker for the KitchenAid. Ever try it? heard any results? I'm a sucker for gadgets.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

HH, is that an attachment for the mixer, or a stand alone gadget?

I've used various ice cream makers. The best ones are those with a built in compressor that freeze as well as churn. Does the Kitchen Aid do that?
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

It's an attatchment for the stand mixer that has a double insulated freezer jacket. Toss the bowl in the freezer first and make ice cream later. I've got ample freezer space so I can store it in the freezer.

The sales lady claims it takes about 15 minutes and she uses it all the time.

She's got a vested interest in telling me what I want to hear, but the specialty store I buy my shit at is very good. Plus she goes about tree-fiddy, So it looks like she might be telling the truth about the frequency of use that hers gets.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

HH...

The attachment for the KA came out after I already purchased the Cuisinart standalone model. It works pretty much the same exact way... freeze the bowl and spin/stir. I like mine. It's not a fancy model but it is automatic and cost under $40.

(I love my KA but I am a Cuisinart JUNKIE.)
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Under 40 bones? I might have to look into that. The KA attatchment is $99.

As for Cuisinart... got no bones with their stuff. I love my processor and hand mixer. I've got a mini processor of theirs as well. Quality merchandise.
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Best. QB. Ever.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cross Traffic wrote:Tillamook
Tillamook ice cream is the shit. Straight up bombay. I like the chocolate peanut butter, or the Tillamook Mudslide. They used to do a seasonal coffee flavor, but I haven't seen it in a few years.

I'm guessing Tillamook ice cream doesn't make it too far past the West Coast. They make excellent medium/sharp cheddar cheese as well, which is kinda their claim to fame. Tillamook pretty much has that dairy thing down to a science. Too bad that it's cheaper to go to the grocery store across the street, than to actually buy it in the plant. WTF is up with that?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

ppanther wrote:I love pistachio ice cream... I love pistachio gelato even more. There's a gelato shop I visited a few weeks ago that had this fancy raspberry white chocolate pistachio mix, it was pretty good.
My absolute favourite gelato is the raspberry white chocolate they serve at Spolumbo's. I can't see it possibly getting any better, but adding pistachios sounds like it might have potential. I'm going to give it a try.

I have no single favourite ice cream flavour. It would be like choosing a favourite child. The most interesting flavour I've had lately was wasabi. I was shocked how good it was. It had sweetness, but it also had the wasabi heat. Try to find an Asian market that carries it and try a taste.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

pralines n cream

cherry garcia

french vanilla
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

I just had a scoop of Dreyer's Grand Light Rocky Road... DGL may be one of the best things to EVER happen to ice cream. That's good stuff and SO MUCH less unhealthy than the regular stuff.

But, back to the subject of the regular stuff...

Donovan, wasabi ice cream sounds very interesting. I've made white pepper ice cream before, and it was good, but had less of a kick than I expected (or wanted). I'd probably just add more next time. I've also made pink peppercorn ice cream and that was delicious, but though the flavor was very interesting, it wasn't particularly 'spicy'.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Toddowen wrote:I agree about Dreyer's/ Edy's....that is some good ice cream.

Freindly's is good one, too. But I'm not sure if it's availible on the west coast.

Whenever I see either of these brands of ice cream go on sale, my intial reaction is always:"YES.....2 QUARTS for FIVE BUCKS!!! I'm all over it!!!"

Followed a couple seconds later by:" :roll: ....there goes another well planned diet."

As for which flavors I prefer....for the Friendly's, I like their Banana Split sundae combo.....with their pistachio a close second.

For Dreyer's, I always go for the Cherry Chocolate Chip....it's about the closest thing to performing oral sex upon a female, and I highly recommend giving it a try if you never have.

Edit....there's a few more things while on the subject. I remember stating that maple syrup had no place in ice cream and that it always had a taste of inferior or imitation maple product.....I was wrong. Friendly's makes a teriffic maple and black walnut that is rich in a good maple syrup taste and uses very choice black walnuts....I should buy it more often.

And as for pistachio ice cream.....I'm a big fan of the flavor. But what exactly is the flavor of the ice cream sans pistachios?
pistachio? can we get a 'thunderbolt and lightfoot' reset
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

A good Italian spumoni is da bomb, especially with biscotti and espresso.
NYCDolFan
Crack Whore

Post by NYCDolFan »

Anything from Coldstone Creamery
North Carolina=2005 NCAA Men's Basketball Champs

BOW DOWN BITCHES!!!!!!!!!