Keurig

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Keurig

Post by smackaholic »

Do any of you fukks have one? I gave some thought to getting one for the OL for xmas, but, my cheap ass just couldn't see dropping over 100 bucks for a coffee maker.

Just what is the big deal. I've used them in hotels. Make decent enough coffee, but, nothing special.

Does it work any differently than an auto drip maker? Does it use pressure like an espresso machine or is it basically just a single serve auto drip maker?

I think i may just get a french press instead. Makes great coffee just about as quickly with maybe a bit more effort.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Keurig

Post by Dinsdale »

If you like slight hints of plastic, then it's The Way.

I drink coffee -- I mean A LOT of coffee.

Doubt I'm the only one here.

I like shiity canned store brand coffee, and being Portland Guy, I like gourmet shit, oily-assed espresso, and everything in between. (Just keep those stupid flavorings out of my coffee).

The single-shotters have a tinge of plastic in them -- I'll drink it, and say "damn, I taste plastic."

French press makes some nasty-ass shit, if you grind it finely and use a dark roast. A most satisfying gut-bomb. Sure, the poo is a bit oily and dense if you overindulge in the french press, but it's worth it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

We have a Keurig at work and I've never tasted a hint of plastic. Also never tasted a hint of Hazelnut/Vanilla/Lavender/whatever from whoever brewed a cup before me. Unlike drip coffee makers I've used in other offices. Can't believe it's terribly "green" what with a little plastic throwaway container for each brewing, but maybe it's some kind of biodegradable plastic. Would never use one at home, just based on the economics.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

My 12 cup Cuisinart ($50 at Costco) works fine.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:I like shiity canned store brand coffee, and being Portland Guy, I like gourmet shit, oily-assed espresso, and everything in between.
Same here. I'll even drink the free sludge in the waiting room of a Valvoline.

A former employer used to have a Keurig, and I drank that stuff all the time. Seemed Ok. Would never buy one though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: A former employer used to have a Keurig, and I drank that stuff all the time. Seemed Ok. Would never buy one though.
Is Keurig a brand? Or are we just discussing the "pod" style coffee makers? I'll pass, anyway.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.