Stay classy, SEC coaches!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Stay classy, SEC coaches!

Post by Van »

We all know about Nick Saban, that paragon of human virtue through which the milk of kindness doth verily flow. Well, now we've got a 58-year-old title-winning coach acting like a jilted prom queen who loudly disparages the size of her ex's cock after gushing over it the previous six months when she thought it was all hers.

Yep, there's nothing classier than a middle-aged moron pandering to a mob of pitchfork-brandishing yokels by ripping on the manhood of an 18-year-old kid who simply chose another school...

Les Miles mocks Gunner Kiel

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 30869.html

"We needed a quarterback," Miles told the crowd. "We lost two. We needed a quarterback in this class. There was a gentleman from Indiana that thought about coming to the Bayou State. He did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program, so you know."

Look, I absolutely enjoyed my visit to Baton Rouge for the Bama/LSU game a few years back. I loved everything about the town, the campus, the tailgating, the game-day pageantry, and especially the people. I came away from that visit with a strong rooting interest for LSU. I mean, c'mon, how could anyone not love Cajun food and Mike the Tiger, right?

Les Miles has single-handedly managed to turn me into an LSU hater. Upon landing the gig, that arrogant prick has annoyed me from Day One. Whether it was his ridiculous smirks, his whining to the media, his blatant "SEC! SEC! SEC!" ballsucking or his incredible stupidity masked by even more incredible good fortune, christ, that Patton-wannabe canker sore on the taint of Dixie has done nothing but paint LSU in the worst light possible.

And now this.

~channels Screw_Michigan~

Seriously, Les, just die from rectal entropy.
Last edited by Van on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Re: Stay classy, SEC coaches!

Post by socal »

Van wrote:...that Patton-wannabe canker sore on the taint of Dixie has done nothing but paint LSU in the worst light possible.
:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Urb, is bringing the SEC bullshit to the the Midwest as well...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... lema-upset

and fUCLA is doing their best version of an SEC team by signing 10 more recruits than they have room for.

Mora looks like he's been spending time making late night phone calls with Nick Saban on how you do this recruiting thing in College Football.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

UCLA? I know. Wondering why suddenly they're pulling recruits in. Haven't been good since a McCown was around.
why is my neighborhood on fire
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Bizzarofelice wrote:UCLA? I know. Wondering why suddenly they're pulling recruits in. Haven't been good since a McCown was around.

If you sign 10 more players than you have room for... you could have a class of only 2 stars and end up with a top 10 recruiting class.

By the way, nice get on the best wr in the country.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Van wrote:We all know about Nick Saban, that paragon of human virtue through which the milk of kindness doth verily flow. Well, now we've got a 58-year-old title-winning coach acting like a jilted prom queen who loudly disparages the size of her ex's cock after gushing over it the previous six months when she thought it was all hers.

Yep, there's nothing classier than a middle-aged moron pandering to a mob of pitchfork-brandishing yokels by ripping on the manhood of an 18-year-old kid who simply chose another school...

Les Miles mocks Gunner Kiel

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 30869.html

"We needed a quarterback," Miles told the crowd. "We lost two. We needed a quarterback in this class. There was a gentleman from Indiana that thought about coming to the Bayou State. He did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program, so you know."
That's the nature of the beast when it comes to recruiting. There's always going to be the kid you wanted who got away.

All you can do is try to keep them to a minimum and wish the ones who do get away the best in their destination. Miles is acting like a classless douche. ND lost a highly-coveted WR who was a verbal commit on NSD, but I haven't heard Kelly badmouth the kid.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I didn't hear anyone calling this LSU team the greatest ever. I didn't even hear anyone put them in the discussion.

But if true, then that is getting close to SI cover status. Just ask USC, the last team with that label.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Lefty, LSU players were beginning to refer to themselves that way. I don't know whether they were merely echoing what they'd heard or read or whether they started it, but by the time of the CCG they were openly talking about going down as the greatest team ever should they win the national title.

That was not something you ever heard from the USC players. It was strictly media fodder. Hell, people close to USC knew that the '05 team wasn't even the greatest USC team of the past two years.

Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

As I said before, I agree with every bit of criticism thrown at Miles, and so does most of the fan base. This has been the case since his first season with LSU. Nothing new here.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Van wrote: LSU players were beginning to refer to themselves that way.

Nope. Jordan Jefferson mentioned in an interview before the game that if they won, they might be considered one of the best teams. He was an idiot for even bringing it up, but don't make it sound like the whole team was talking that way. One guy.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Sudden Sam wrote:Y'alls'
I pulled an eyeball trying to read that.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Sudden Sam wrote:Y'alls being plural/inclusive as a group means apostrophe follows the s

Uhh...Old man Kelsey's creek. Old man Kelsey's woods. Old man Kelsey's oshun.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Python wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Y'alls being plural/inclusive as a group means apostrophe follows the s

Uhh...Old man Kelsey's creek. Old man Kelsey's woods. Old man Kelsey's oshun.
Sin,
Ernest T. Bass
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote:“I can tell you this,” says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. “We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”
I'll refrain from commenting on that. I know what he meant, but it's still funny.

I agree with the Big Ten coaches being pissed. The "gentlemen's agreement" should be honored. I wish the SEC would do the same. But morality, ethics, etc. have all gone out the window for money and wins.
Beilema's a crybaby, he'd be the first one looking the other direction if the shoe was on the other foot. The recruit he's got his panties in a knot about was an Ohio kid anyways so as far as I'm concerned, we got dibs.

I hope Urban makes a yearly habit of running up the score on that prick. Wasn't too long ago that I remember Bielema putting up 80+ on Indiana, so he's due for some asskickings. :hfal:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

As an aside, I should mention that in recent years ND's QB's have included both a relative of Joe Montana and a relative of Blair Kiel. Maybe I'm giving my age away by saying this, but it strikes me as a bit odd that Blair Kiel's relative is the better QB prospect of the two by far.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

L45B wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:“I can tell you this,” says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. “We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”
I'll refrain from commenting on that. I know what he meant, but it's still funny.

I agree with the Big Ten coaches being pissed. The "gentlemen's agreement" should be honored. I wish the SEC would do the same. But morality, ethics, etc. have all gone out the window for money and wins.
Beilema's a crybaby, he'd be the first one looking the other direction if the shoe was on the other foot. The recruit he's got his panties in a knot about was an Ohio kid anyways so as far as I'm concerned, we got dibs.

I hope Urban makes a yearly habit of running up the score on that prick. Wasn't too long ago that I remember Bielema putting up 80+ on Indiana, so he's due for some asskickings. :hfal:
Spot on. Fuck Bielema. Most of Meyer's switches were Buckeye leans until the coaching turmoil. Once Urban steadied the ship he got the kids back. I doubt it will be an issue going forward.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

just thirding all the fuck whatever fake gentleman's agreement these shitty schools reference whenever a bigger name program poaches one of their kids and no one else's. bielema wasn't bitching all that much when the rest of the conference was in on osu's commits while they were limping through their season. nor does it seem to matter penn state's commits were suddenly up for grabs. suddenly one of your kids go missing and "omg we're stodgy up here we have rules!!!!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Not at all. Plenty of hate to go around. Nobody wants Bielema to speak for anyone else, especially since he's no stranger to running it up. All's fair in recruiting, until the LOI comes through. I like Hoke's policy...once you commit your visits are done. He pulled more than one offer from guys who still flirted with other schools.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:Would be nice if kids didn't commit 'til their visits were concluded, wouldn't it?
another way to put that: would be nice if saban didn't continue recruiting kids to replace the ones already committed to him.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:Weird seeing the UM guys defending Ohio State. Is Bielema such a dick that he siphons off your disdain for the Buckeyes?
would be hypocritical of us to do otherwise. pulled a 5-star initially committed to ohio state, among past "transgressions," as well as almost flipped brionte dunn. urban reeled dunn back into the fold and made his share of phone calls to the 5 star, who told him eh, no thanks. players have the final say in this. don't know what brett dantonio's whining about. guess your choices are 1. complain about the coach, 2. mock the player a la les miles, or 3. win with the players who faxed you their loi.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

M Club wrote:players have the final say in this.
Bingo. Funny thing too, players could bring down a ton of programs that were breaking the rules around recruiting contact. One players phone records turned over to the NCAA would show hundreds of texts and calls outside of allowed windows. Problem is, the same records would also bring down the school the player signed with.

Now, if I had it to do all over ag...errr, wait.

If I were being recruited today and was a much higher prospect than I was, I would do all kinds of things. First off I would have 5 different cell phone accounts and separate phones for each. Each school would get one number. I would also keep each piece of mail and the envelope it came in. I would also download the caller ID file for the land line in the house. I would also record each phone conversation since it is legal in Texas. Then after I signed I would use all of this stuff plus more from the actual visits to bring down the other schools. Then after college I could put it all in a book, and make the TV show rounds, etc and make a pretty decent living.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

seeing as Hoke also said recruiting is a game per se...so you have to COMPETE...

again...you ask the kid...you interested (like UFM says)...No, move on...yes ok let's talk...

I believe Urban has the same deal if you take other visits you don't get the offer, unless it is cleared, etc or some shit...

what the fuck ever...Brett's just a whiney red ass who lost a shit ton of coaches and doesn't have Russell Wilson to fall back on...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Left Seater wrote:
If I were being recruited today and was a much higher prospect than I was, I would do all kinds of things. First off I would have 5 different cell phone accounts and separate phones for each. Each school would get one number. I would also keep each piece of mail and the envelope it came in. I would also download the caller ID file for the land line in the house. I would also record each phone conversation since it is legal in Texas. Then after I signed I would use all of this stuff plus more from the actual visits to bring down the other schools. Then after college I could put it all in a book, and make the TV show rounds, etc and make a pretty decent living.
Or...maybe you'd just spend your time chasing girls around.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSUFAN wrote:
Left Seater wrote:
Or...maybe you'd just spend your time chasing girls around.
Or...maybe I'd just dress in drag and chase you around. Today works for me.

-sincerely, M2
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Python wrote:
Van wrote: LSU players were beginning to refer to themselves that way.
Nope.
Yep.
Jordan Jefferson mentioned in an interview before the game that if they won, they might be considered one of the best teams.
See, there's one, and he was not alone. He also didn't couch it in such reasonable, understated tones.
He was an idiot for even bringing it up, but don't make it sound like the whole team was talking that way. One guy.
I didn't. I said "LSU players," meaning more than one; not necessarily the entire team. And yes, there was more than one. Honey Badger was another, and a third was some mushmouthed cave troll whose name I no longer recall. He was a lineman or linebacker, that much I do remember.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Lineman or Linebacker? Bullsear, Van, you just narrowed it down to 2/3rds of LSU’s defense.

BTW, surprised Sammie beat you to correcting the proper usage of y’all amongst the grit-eaters…

SC hatred in the Flyover grew out of the '05-’06 season. That, and arrogant asshats who wear their birth-right superiority on their sleeve. Fiddy years proby woulda been a more appropriate fate for that cheat-factory. First-and-last time I ever rooted for Texas.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It's not merely 'assumed' superiority, Truman, it's factual superiority. Whether you're talking academics or athletics, and especially football, USC is superior to the vast majority of schools—flyover or otherwise—including your favorite swatch of middle-of-the-road wallpaper, the Missouri Tigers. Any objective reckoning will bear this out.

There are only a handful of programs over the years that can hang with USC in terms of football, and that number shrinks considerably when academics and overall athletics are added to the equation.

Just the basic facts.

(Edit: Awwww, shit, you edited you post to read 'birth-right' in place of 'assumed.' :lol: )

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Van wrote:(Edit: Awwww, shit, you edited you post to read 'birth-right' in place of 'assumed.' :lol: )
Better description. You people are CornFan on methanol (See what I did :mrgreen:).

You DO realize that nobody east of the Rockies takes Southern Kal seriously, correct? You play in a league that is equally inept to the XII defensively, but without the offensive fire-power. The only other conference PAC fortunes concern is the B1G, whose programs are mired in the nostalgia of 1960's-circa football. Get over yourself.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Right, which is why USC leads the nation in All-Americans, while also being way up there in terms of Heismans and national titles. It's why they'll begin next season ranked in the Top Three...because no one east of the Rockies takes them seriously.

Seriously, dude.

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Got some insight today about the coaches meeting at B1G Friday (courtesy of Off Tackle Empire)

Nice read. :lol:

They're just pissed off that I recruited better in 8 weeks than they have in the history of motherfucking ever.
Bwahaha...
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Urb's gonna do good at tOSU but he will be a total bitch about it.

Lane Kiffin got in his head real good while he was at Tennessee.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

yeah, i mean the SEC is such a horrible dirtball league.

Sin,

Sampson,Tressel,Rich rod,Sandusky
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Adelpiero wrote:yeah, i mean the SEC is such a horrible dirtball league.

Sin,

Sampson,Tressel,Rich rod,Sandusky
Gone, gone, gone, and gone. Thanks for helping the point though.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Python wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Y'alls'
I pulled an eyeball trying to read that.
:lol: Sorry you're injured, but it is correct. That is, if y'all is an accepted word! The form is correct regardless.

You all=y'all

Y'alls being plural/inclusive as a group means apostrophe follows the s

but "y'all" is not an accepted term, it is a stamp of inbreeding and poor grammar.

"All of you" is accepted, "y'all" just makes you sound stupid.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

SoCalTrjn wrote:

but "y'all" is not an accepted term, it is a stamp of inbreeding and poor grammar.

"All of you" is accepted, "y'all" just makes you sound stupid.

Funny that someone from California would run grammar smack because of regional term. What with California trying to spread "valley" and Ebonics to the rest of the country. Both of those are far worse than y'all.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Ebonics is from oakland, No Cal is not So Cal... No Cal is filled with liberal, tree hugging, gay marrying mtools

besides, pretty sure "y'all" was an accepted term in ebonics
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I would much rather hear y'all than yous'guys
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote: Funny that someone from California would run grammar smack because of regional term. What with California trying to spread "valley" and Ebonics to the rest of the country. Both of those are far worse than y'all.
california's spreading ebonics to the rest of the country? where did the scholarly research come from? your black friend?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

M Club wrote:
Left Seater wrote: Funny that someone from California would run grammar smack because of regional term. What with California trying to spread "valley" and Ebonics to the rest of the country. Both of those are far worse than y'all.
california's spreading ebonics to the rest of the country? where did the scholarly research come from? your black friend?

The black ladies running the schools up in Oakland tried to push Ebonics through as a separate language based out of Africa back in the 90's. Tried to use it as a legitimate reason for the black kids poor test scores.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

M club, it was pretty widely know that Oakland wanted the rest of the country to recognize Ebonics as a language. They even wanted it taught as a language in other parts of the country to validate their position.

SoCal, you may differentiate between NoCal and SoCal, but to the vast majority of us it is still one big messed up state.