I have recently decided to quit living in fear

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

DC Smackmaster
Elwood

I have recently decided to quit living in fear

Post by DC Smackmaster »

After a lifetime of chasing "belief" I've decided to admit openly that the Bible and Christian faith just doesn't add up. I think it will be awhile before I can shake the residual fears of damnation though. Not really sure how this will effect the remainder of my life. I do feel a lot less cowardly, facing my inner thoughts head on, acknowledging them as reasonable.

Any of you turned from Christianity? What were the effects?

oh, and Hey there Fuckwads!!!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: I have recently decided to quit living in fear

Post by poptart »

Drop by the Theology Forum.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Maybe the Bible isn't for you? Would you spare a few moments to take a personality test?
why is my neighborhood on fire
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sounds like you are kinda in the same boat I'm in. You'd like to believe, but, it just doesn't make any fukking sense.

If I ever do decide there is some dude up in the clouds with a long white beard and I'm gonna join one of his fan clubs, I'd go with the the Jews.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DC Smackmaster wrote:Any of you turned from Christianity? What were the effects?
Yes, and it was one of the best things I ever did. My family knows that I have no place for a church in my life and they have no problems with it. Well except for one cousin of mine who flipped out when I called god imaginary on Facebook. But fuck him. I see him once a year at a reunion at most. The people I care about know me and know that my real belief system hasn't changed one bit. I just discarded the need for an imaginary sky being to look over me.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roach wrote: a private one-on-one with what is inside us.
Sounds like you’ve finally been able to go fuck yourself.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Roach wrote:
facing my inner thoughts
Ultimatly, it's just that, a private one-on-one with what is inside us.
Religion is about chatting with hot dogs and beer?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Religion is that stuff Dan Vogel screams when mvscal mouthfucks his butt with a brillopad for a diaphragm...right?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mrs. Vogel
Crack Whore

Post by Mrs. Vogel »

i have no mor tears
Satan
Won't you guess my name?

Post by Satan »

Rack this thread
Born on A Mountain, Raised in a Cave
Fucking and Fighting is All that I Crave
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:
:lol:
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I'll rack it
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

KC Scott wrote:the wife got True Religion for Xmas

It's funny. Out here True Religions are the soccer mom go-to jean.
Still better looking than the current trend of chicks in their 30's trying to pull of super-bright colored denim.
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

Didn't know there was a Theology forum!

Thanks.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yup. poptart runs it.

you should start a thread there about seed casting and whores and rocks and stuff.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

smackaholic wrote:Sounds like you are kinda in the same boat I'm in. You'd like to believe, but, it just doesn't make any fukking sense.

If I ever do decide there is some dude up in the clouds with a long white beard and I'm gonna join one of his fan clubs, I'd go with the the Jews.
Jesus was a Jew.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

bradhusker wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Sounds like you are kinda in the same boat I'm in. You'd like to believe, but, it just doesn't make any fukking sense.

Jesus was a Jew.
And your point is?
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

smackaholic wrote:
bradhusker wrote:

Jesus was a Jew.
And your point is?
My point is this, NO ONE knows how it all began. NO ONE knows the origins of all things. NO ONE knows how life began. The great questions of all time remain unanswered.

SO, my belief in a supreme being, a deity or GOD if you will, is as good an explanation as any.

I laugh at people who make fun of those who believe in GOD, simply because they have NO fuckin clue as to how it all started, they have no fuckin clue as to the BIG questions that ALL human beings long to understand. AND when they mock people who believe in GOD, its simply because they themselves are FUCKIN CLUELESS.

I love when they try to be scientific, and talk science, AND YET they are too stupid to realize that science still does NOT have a clue to how the universe began, where matter came from, and how lifeless matter was able to bring about life forms.

Its really funny when they lie, OUTRIGHT LIE and say that science fully explains how the universe began and how life came into being. I actually have spoken to idiots who talk like this, they mock people who believe in a higher being, ie. GOD, and say that science proves how everything started.
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Even some of the greatest scientific minds of all time, they have spoken of a higher being, a GOD.
And the reason is simple, its as good an explanation as anything out there, especially when you look at the complexity of life, and the overwhelming odds of absolute chaos, turning into complex life.

The next time you hear an atheist or agnostic make fun of your belief in a higher power, and tell you that science has the answers and the proof of how things came into being? Just laugh in their face, even spit in their face, or, if you want to really be bold and make a statement? Unzip your fly, and piss in their face.

Trust me on this, atheists are some of the dumbest pieces of shit out there.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:And your point is?
Please never do that again.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

KC Scott wrote: TR Jeans are a perfect example of why no one ever went broke underestimating the vanity or intellegence of the America female
At $80 and up, you got that fucking right.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
KC Scott wrote: TR Jeans are a perfect example of why no one ever went broke underestimating the vanity or intellegence of the America female
At $80 and up, you got that fucking right.
You buying AP Christmas presents? I'd suggest Lane Bryant.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:the wife got True Religion for Xmas

^^^ not Scotts wife, btw.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

brad wrote:My point is this, NO ONE knows how it all began. NO ONE knows the origins of all things. NO ONE knows how life began.
Most people think that no one knows these things, but I would submit to you that it is possible that they are wrong about that.

They don't KNOW that there is nobody on earth who knows these things.

They assume it be the case.

:wink:
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

Bwahaha @ Mgo's "Please never do that again". Perfect.

Brad, why so angry? You act as if you're the persecuted one! You God folks are always trying to "turn out" non-believers, knocking on our fucking doors even! I've NEVER had an atheist try and jam their beliefs or lack-thereof down my throat (softball alert!). Quit acting as if you are outnumbered or face any discrimination. Your kind has been MURDERING, yes, KILLING ours in your God(s) name for thousands of years. So if anyone deserves a golden shower it's you! We're pretty content with just rolling our eyes at you and going about our business. No need to string anyone up, burn them on a stake, cut off their heads, or any other number of clever ways you "loving" folks have chosen to cleanse the world over time.

You didn't mention any particular religious affiliation so I'll assume you aren't Christian (BTW, If you are, you are failing miserably!). It sounds like you believe that there was/is a designer of life. I've absolutely left the door open for that possibility, though I've found NO empirical evidence to suggest that we know ANYTHING about "it" aside from "it" being the theoretical origin of the universe. Any REASONABLE person who isn't BRAINWASHED should conclude that the beginnings of the universe are still a complete mystery to us, and will likely remain that way.

Now, as for the multitude of religions that claim personal and detailed knowledge of "God" and believe that theirs is the only path to a "salvation" of some sorts...At worst, I think those people are dangerous fucking lunatics! Radical Islam, Westboro Baptist, on and on...At best, they are like I WAS, people AFRAID to use their minds freely to evaluate the validity of their religions claims and origins because to do so would lead to horrible and eternal repercussions. Hogwash.

Free at last! Free at last, thank me I'm FREE AT LAST!!!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I have as much contempt for the radical atheist as the fundy basher. The both suck.

Believe what you will. And just plain fukking tolerate others so long as they are not bothering you directly.

If someone wants to put up a nativity scene on public property, so fukking what. Put up a goddamn spaghetti monster to combat it if it makes you feel better. When they start putting up nativity scenes on YOUR lawn, you have a bitch.

As for the whole gay marriage deal, I say you should be able to marry whomever you want. I think this goes for polygamy as well. If you are dumb enough to want nagging in stereo, go ahead and marry two.

As for the whole creation dealio, my take pretty much echoes Van's. If there is a God and he is all knowing and omnipotent and all that stuff......he is a ginormous asshole. He's hitler, stalin, mao and dick cheney all rolled up into one.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Loved it.

His noodly appendage.
Fag.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Loved it.

His noodly appendage.
Fag.
fukker.

beat me to it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

DC Smackmaster wrote:Free at last! Free at last, thank me I'm FREE AT LAST!!!

welcome as a new member of the "rational" club

once you've truly shed the weight of the barbaric and nauseating idea of a round-the-clock celestial dictator, you're going to be amazed at how differently you'll perceive the world around you....
get out, get out while there's still time
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

DC Smackmaster wrote:Bwahaha @ Mgo's "Please never do that again". Perfect.

Brad, why so angry? You act as if you're the persecuted one! You God folks are always trying to "turn out" non-believers, knocking on our fucking doors even! I've NEVER had an atheist try and jam their beliefs or lack-thereof down my throat (softball alert!). Quit acting as if you are outnumbered or face any discrimination. Your kind has been MURDERING, yes, KILLING ours in your God(s) name for thousands of years. So if anyone deserves a golden shower it's you! We're pretty content with just rolling our eyes at you and going about our business. No need to string anyone up, burn them on a stake, cut off their heads, or any other number of clever ways you "loving" folks have chosen to cleanse the world over time.

You didn't mention any particular religious affiliation so I'll assume you aren't Christian (BTW, If you are, you are failing miserably!). It sounds like you believe that there was/is a designer of life. I've absolutely left the door open for that possibility, though I've found NO empirical evidence to suggest that we know ANYTHING about "it" aside from "it" being the theoretical origin of the universe. Any REASONABLE person who isn't BRAINWASHED should conclude that the beginnings of the universe are still a complete mystery to us, and will likely remain that way.

Now, as for the multitude of religions that claim personal and detailed knowledge of "God" and believe that theirs is the only path to a "salvation" of some sorts...At worst, I think those people are dangerous fucking lunatics! Radical Islam, Westboro Baptist, on and on...At best, they are like I WAS, people AFRAID to use their minds freely to evaluate the validity of their religions claims and origins because to do so would lead to horrible and eternal repercussions. Hogwash.

Free at last! Free at last, thank me I'm FREE AT LAST!!!
DC snackmaster? Sorry I have to correct you, but, you LIED.

The wars and killing in the name of GOD? TRY AGAIN. Its not even close, Atheist, secular killings FAR outnumber the religious killings.
AND, I'll just stick within the past 100 years or so.

Mao? Stalin? Lenin? Hitler? ever hear of em'? NOT ONE of them killed in the name of religion.
IN FACT, between them, we are looking at 150 million people exterminated.
Want to compare that with the Iraq war? a few thousand, that at least liberated 50 million souls.

ITS not even close. 150 million plus, all killed in the name of secularism, Hitler mocked christians,
ALL these filthy murderers enjoyed killing, they got off on it.
Since Hitler was the instigator of WW2, by his sheer madness and taking over countries and killing for sheer joy, ANY and all deaths attributed to WWW2, goes directly in his column.

For you to come in here and talk about killings in the name of GOD, when I just showed you that just this past century, the most killings are by non -religious dictators, and its not even close, proves that you are dellusional.

what say you dummy?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

bradhusker wrote: The wars and killing in the name of GOD? TRY AGAIN. Its not even close, Atheist, secular killings FAR outnumber the religious killings.
AND, I'll just stick within the past 100 years or so.

Mao? Stalin? Lenin? Hitler? ever hear of em'? NOT ONE of them killed in the name of religion.
you're a seriously flawed troll, but nevertheless, this is the sort of thinking that religous nutjobs are always trying to foist off on the public....none of those people you've named ever killed anyone in the name of atheism.....they were motivated by other factors
(btw, hitler was not an atheist)
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hmmm....

Adolf Hitler, in Mein Kampf, wrote:I am doing the Lord's work.
So, is Hitler still responsible for ALL WW2 deaths, Brad, now that we have actual facts in evidence (pretty sure the Japanese weren't taking their inspiration from Hitler-BTW)?

Nice job tarding.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

Of course you want to discuss just the last century or so! Christianity has, for centuries UPON CENTURIES, brutalized and SLAUGHTERED non-believers!! It has only been the last century that mounting scientific evidence has caused even your own to pipe the fuck down. It's laughable to hear "Good Christians" demonize radical Islamic factions! LOOK IN THE FUCKING MIRROR MUCH?!?!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

DC wrote:they are like I WAS, people AFRAID to use their minds freely to evaluate the validity of their religions claims and origins because to do so would lead to horrible and eternal repercussions. Hogwash.
Were you previously a church-goer?
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

I was baptized Catholic, attended Catholic schools throughout my childhood until HS. Also attended Episcopalian services with my grandmother for many years. I was "born-again" at a Southern Baptist church and stayed there for a couple years before I began to question the validity of being a Christian.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Excepting its ridiculous origins—which are really no more ridiculous than those of Christianity or any other major religion—here it is, the first halfway sensible religious faith I've come across...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith

In the Bahá'í Faith, religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Abraham, the Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and others, and most recently the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh. In Bahá'í belief, each consecutive messenger prophesied of messengers to follow, and Bahá'u'lláh's life and teachings fulfilled the end-time promises of previous scriptures. Humanity is understood to be in a process of collective evolution, and the need of the present time is for the gradual establishment of peace, justice and unity on a global scale.

Bahá'í notions of progressive religious revelation result in their accepting the validity of most of the world's religions, whose founders and central figures are seen as Manifestations of God. Religious history is interpreted as a series of dispensations, where each manifestation brings a somewhat broader and more advanced revelation, suited for the time and place in which it was expressed.

They don't judge other religions as false. They don't condemn non-adherents to hell. They recognize that the time and place determine the ability of the populace to accept the latest message. They view women as true equals who are not to be subjugated. They have no belief in something as silly as the Holy Trinity, as if God could have equals. They recognize that God is well beyond man's understanding, so they don't anthropomorphize Him into a vain, vengeful prom queen. They don't require a belief in children's fables.

As religions go, there really isn't a lot about which to complain here.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

The thumpers portray themselves as persecuted, yet they commonly are the ones making rules for others (who others can marry, when they can buy booze, the type of sex they have with their lover, ect.).

Imagine how the holy rollers would wail & pout if athiests suggested putting literature in hotel rooms. :lol:

Yep...their victim complex runs deep.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:The thumpers portray themselves as persecuted, yet they commonly are the ones making rules for others (who others can marry, when they can buy booze, the type of sex they have with their lover, ect.).

Imagine how the holy rollers would wail & pout if athiests suggested putting literature in hotel rooms. :lol:

Yep...their victim complex runs deep.
I would love to see the look on some fundie's face when they walked into a hotel room and found some books by Dawkins or Hitchens in the bedside stand.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

DC Smackmaster wrote:I was baptized Catholic, attended Catholic schools throughout my childhood until HS. Also attended Episcopalian services with my grandmother for many years. I was "born-again" at a Southern Baptist church and stayed there for a couple years before I began to question the validity of being a Christian.
A few comments, for what they're worth to you, DC.

Born-again is as central a point as there is.
I am going to mention a few Scriptures and you can look for them yourself if you care to.

John 3:1-7 - Jesus speaking to Nicodemus, a Pharisee and ruler of the Jews.
Jesus told him that unless a man is born again he can not see the Kingdom of Heaven, and that which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit.

We understand what this means if we go back to man's fundamental issue which we occurred in Genesis 3.
Spiritual death came to Adam & Eve upon separation from their life source (God), such that it is only possible for them (Adam's seed) to produce more death.
So God jumped right over Adam's corrupt seed and promised that He would provide the seed of the woman, which would crush the head of satan.
Genesis 3:15.
This is God's seed - or God Himself (His spirit) which enters a person when they believe and accept Jesus Christ.

The entrance of this new spiritual seed into a person makes them born again, and it is a seed which is incorruptible.
1 Peter 1:23-25

Incorruptible, meaning it is not possible (no matter what a person does, or what takes place) for the new life to ever go away.
Done deal for eternity.

Anyway, your comments hit pretty close to home, but I won't go into it any further.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So the fundies took "born again" and used it as a catch-phrase to be arrogant idiots?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:The thumpers portray themselves as persecuted, yet they commonly are the ones making rules for others (who others can marry, when they can buy booze, the type of sex they have with their lover, ect.).

RACK, BTW.

Just stay down, Wags... you got whooped.