just like in football

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

just like in football

Post by Bizzarofelice »

the top two teams are from the same conference

1.Kentucky (19-1)
2.Missouri (18-1)
why is my neighborhood on fire
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: just like in football

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Kentucky, LOL.

Lots of freshmen with big egos are not a recipe for success in March.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

if I see Bace pimp the SEC anymore while we're still in the XII, I'm going to drive to St. Louis and fight him.

Well, probably not, but jeebus man... quit celebrating this impending divorce.

We still play in the XII, ok? It's a tough conference and round robins will determine a true champion... gahh!

I really want to shit in KU's cornflakes one last time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack Whitey. I agree.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Whitey,

The Tigers are in a terrible relationship. Codified under the sacraments of Our Lord NCAA. But we got something real good starting up on the side. A much better relationship than the existing shitty one. Shouldn't you be happy? We need to ditch the old, tired bitch and get with the new fresh poon.*

As for KC being the last bastion of culture in SEC territory, does it really bother St. Louis now being the final frontier for Big 12 country? NO. You got to stop looking at it from a perspective of what's y'all are use to and think of what is good for the program. New heights are to be achieved. School's planning on expanding the stadium. Mo' Money. Less headache. The inbred pig fuckers in Fayetteville are barking like they see a job vacancy where KU now works. AND NO BIG 12 HEADACHES. THEY CAN'TSTOP FUCKING UP AND WE AIN'T GOT TO BE A PART OF IT.

There's lots of best case scenarios you are hoping for that include KU. But they ain't happenin'. The fans would prefer some of the old Big 8 stick together but that ain't happenin'. None of the scenarios where Missouri and Kansas fans are happy are plausible. This is the best situation available. Stop crying and go hit someone.

*someone needs that as a sig
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Sudden Sam wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Kentucky, LOL.

Lots of freshmen with big egos are not a recipe for success in March.
I hate the way Calipari has the Wildcat program running. One and dones every year. Ridiculous.

I would think it would suck to be a fan of that program. Absolutely love seeing the college kids go from riding the pine to brief moments of greatness to taking the team to the tourney each year. Can't imagine being a fan of a player for five months is that satisfying.

And it ain't like Calipari is something to be adored. Matter of time before the train goes off the rails and the schollys are removed from the program. But I guess he resurrected them from where Gillespie had'em.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bace, you’re a good cat.

Oh, sure, we might get a bit sideways on politics, towns, and professional sports teams, but we both share a passion for Mizzou, and your music doesn’t suck. ‘Sides, if I wanted a chat-site without diversity (or literary talent, for that matter) I’d post at ChiefsPlanet. As is, I appreciate a dissenting opinion-or-three, here-and-again.

That said, I’m with Wags on this one. Could we please… Please… Just one time… Some day… Win something in the XII before we go?

Gotta admit, I’ve never come to terms with the Missouri Sense of Entitlement that envelopes this state.

Oh, I understand it…

We’re a state of six million people-plus with a single FBS university, and you’d think that once - just once - we would have won some kind of national title in a revenue sport, much less be included in the discussion. We should be better than we are. But we aren’t.

Nope, we’re the school of woulda-coulda-shouldas. We’re the foil; the memory; the immaculate-whatever in everybody else’s championship dreams. Fifth-down? Flea-kicker? Tyus Edney?

We’re supposed to suffer. That’s our destiny. That’s what we do. We are Missouri.

Bace, I’ve been at this goin’ on almost 50 years. I wear Mizzou gear every Saturday from the end of August to the first week of April. I remind the ChickenHawks in my office every day why we are imminently superior to their species. Yet still…

Will our fortunes in the SEC be any better? Who knows? Other than a coupla North titles and one post season basketball tournament, we never won dick in the XII. I have a tough time trying to reconcile our chances against Tennessee and Florida when we can’t beat the likes of Baylor or K-State with any kind of consistency. The St. Louis kids need to stay home. In football AND basketball.

Three-sevenths of the #2-team-in-the-nation Tiger basketball rotation is Kansas City kids – and Laurence Bowers would’ve made a four-of-eight. St. Louis kids? They play B1G football and basketball. You wanna real shot at the meat-grinder? Then you people need to step up if this SEC thing is ever gonna work. This can work – but YOUR kids – OUR kids - MISSOURI’s kids – need to buy in.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

So you think the Tigers would be better if Bradley Beal and BJ Young were on there now? Think Tyler Hansbrough and David Lee would've been good Tigers?

I don't know why the African Americans in St. Louis don't like Mizzou. E'er once-in-a-while I listen to the black high school sports show and I do get the idea there's still the idea that dey racist in Columbia. As if the middle of Iowa would be different. Jimmy McKinney would be the next Jordan if Columbia weren't so racist. Kelly Thames knee wouldn't have blown out if Columbia wasn't so racist. But the African-American community in St. Louis believes they would have cured cancer by now were it not for all the phantom racism plaguing the town. Real talk. Hopefully Big Shel and the ilk can talk it up. And Ronnie Wingo can talk up how Petrino fucked him over.

Don't know why Monte Ball and Marvin McNutt went elsewhere. Our bad.

And you forgot SMS and SLU in the state of MO. Although they might as well not exist.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Bizzarofelice wrote: Don't know why Monte Ball and Marvin McNutt went elsewhere. Our bad.
Montee got a look at God's Country. He likes it.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Point made, Bace. KU doesn't lose to Poke State.

Yeah, we need the St. Louis kids....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

the first rule of being ranked #2 in the country is you don't talk about being ranked #2 in the country.

I think I'll go crawl under my bed now.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: Don't know why Monte Ball and Marvin McNutt went elsewhere. Our bad.
Montee got a look at God's Country. He likes it.
you are saying they decomitted to Cal, huh? :wink:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

thank you, ISU. Next to Mizzou winning, the next best thing is Kansas losing.

Tigers played like dogshit today against a scrappy Taco Tech squad. That team will win a few conference games before it's over.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

OU winning at the Fred was a nice surprise. OU isn't very good but in the middle of a rough scheduling patch....that was a lift. @KU coming off the L at Hilton will be a tall order for the Sooners.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kruger and OU just seem to match up well against Frankenstein and KSU for some reason. I've not seen many coaches as perpetually pissed off as Frank Martin and it doesn't matter if he's winning or losing.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

KC Scott wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: I don't know why the African Americans in St. Louis don't like Mizzou. E'er once-in-a-while I listen to the black high school sports show and I do get the idea there's still the idea that dey racist in Columbia.
Our nogs seem to like Columbia...

BTW not a Honkey one on the Mizzou squad
forgot about Andrew Miller? Chip Walther... wait he graduated.

Was listening to local sports radio and there was a high school sports afficionado of the African American persuasion on. He was trying his best to say... but not say... that Columbia was racist. Like I said, I think St. Louis' African American community thinks everywhere except where they are is Obamaparadise.