Baylor @ Kansas

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Baylor @ Kansas

Post by War Wagon »

I want Baylor to lose a game and if not now, when?

But I can't possibly root for KU, ever.

:?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: Baylor @ Kansas

Post by Truman »

Only downside to last night's game (other than KU winning) is that the Bears are likely to be a bit grumpy when #5 Mizzou comes trotting into Waco this Saturday.

Here's hoping that Baylor is in a bit of a downswing...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I saw a Baylor team that although supremely talented, doesn't play as a team. That leads to disaster, especially on the road at freaking Kansas.

I'm hesitant to think Mizzou is anything other than a Ricardo Ratliffe fart away from going .500 in conference... but they do play as a team.

I like their chances in Waco.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Dawg, you better hope the boys can rain threes... 'Cuz they ain't gettin' inside. If Rat finishes with a 10-and-7, consider it a small victory. As is, Denmon needs to lose the ghost sheet, and Kimmie needs to improve on his per usualm 3-of-13 on the road. Winnable game, but scary as hell. Win this one, and we're in the XII driver's seat...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tru, are you watching this game? 39-35 Mizzou at the half. Ratliffe is tearing Baylor up inside. What he lacks in height he makes up for in strength and quickness. I love that guy. Hopefully, English can get his game on the 2nd half, he sat out the last 12 minutes with 2 fouls. They need him.

Tigers may well go on to lose this game but I'm proud of the effort they brought. It's like night and day from that beating they took at Kansas State 2 weeks ago.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Huge road win for Mizzou. That team is legit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

phew... that last minute seemed an eternity and nearly gave me a heart attack. I chewed my fingernails down to the nubs.

I really didn't think they had it in them to win a game like this on the road. First Mizzou win at a top 5 team since 1994.

Mgo, you said in chat the other day they were a potential Final Four team and I refused to let myself believe it... but after that performance today, I may have to rethink that. Still a long way to go and they haven't played Kansas yet, but goddman I'm stoked. My god, how good might they be if Bowers hadn't gotten hurt?

Frank Haith could run for Governor right now and win in a landslide.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:Mgo, you said in chat the other day they were a potential Final Four team and I refused to let myself believe it... but after that performance today, I may have to rethink that.
I don't see why not, especially in a year in which there are no dominant teams. It's going to be a wild tournament. I don't think there will be much separation between the 1 seeds and, say, the 4 and 5 seeds.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Yeah I watched it. Sidepockets in Blue Springs with pals.

Freaking unbelievable, Wags. This is a game Mizzou typically loses by 30 on the road. Not today. Best win of the season. What a ball game.

KU ain't goin' in there and winnin'. We really have a shot at the XII...

Got Mizzou-Baylor tix for Feb 11th. The return game oughtta be a war as well...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

gotta' love the XII schedule makers, putting Mizzou on the road against teams that had just played at Kansas.

Oh, and Texas was getting thumped at home by KU, now they have a 4 point lead with 3 minutes left... :shock:

oh please, oh please
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

horns couldn't pull it off. at the same time as that game was #4 duke at home against the seminoles. final seconds in both games. both games down to the wire. seminoles beat duke at cameron with a last second 3.

so the #3 team went down at home and the #4 team went down at home. figures that the #3 team might move forward a couple spots.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

and as for the Tiger schedule, pretty smooth sailing until the first match against the Jayhawks
why is my neighborhood on fire