Time for Another Stupid Weather Thread

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Time for Another Stupid Weather Thread

Post by Mikey »

I'm not particularly enjoying this from my office.
The sun is barely up when I get here and it's going down when I leave.

I wish it would fuckin' rain.

Latest Conditions at Fallbrook 3SE, CA
Jan 04
2:49 pm PST
(18 minutes old)
85 °F
(29 °C)
RH: 15%
DewPt: 32 °F
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Time for Another Stupid Weather Thread

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Mikey wrote:The sun is barely up when I get here and it's going down when I leave.
I hope you own your own business, you flipping part-timer.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

9 degrees this morning.

and you know what? i'll take it. last year at this time, there was 3+ feet of snow in my yard and more importantly, on my roof.

cold kinda sucks, but, you don't have to climb up on the fukking roof and shovel it off before it caves the fukk in.

it took me 48 years to get over my child like enthusiasm for snow. right up to last year repeated multi foot snow storm, i was cool with it. now, i'm like all the othe old fukks out there.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sudden Sam wrote:I rode the bike in at 6 this morning 'cause it was gonna be beautiful later today.

It was around 26-27 degrees this morning.

I almost died.

Or at least lost fingers.
Gerbings is your friend.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

my coldest motorcycle ride ever, probably the coldest i have ever been, was late summer, early fall, from lakeland, fla to orlando.

i was in the navy. went to a concert with some friends. ride there was nice. the ride back, it was prolly low sixties.

62 degrees in a t shirt at 70 mph is fukking cold. though i was gonna die.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:cold kinda sucks, but, you don't have to climb up on the fukking roof and shovel it off before it caves the fukk in.
Move. You know where I live, right? That shit doesn't happen here.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

La Niña at play here, mangos. Calling for a high of 63 tomorry. Who knew joining the SEC would improve the weather?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Coldest ride I've done was on the freeway when it was 8º.

Wore a heated vest & gloves, and that kept most of me warm enough. But even with a windshield my face felt like a million needles were hitting it.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Girlfriend was supposed to have the house to herself for the night. Parents were staying overnight at a friend's house following a wedding.

It's 5:17 a.m. I know this because the glowing red digits on her damn microwave will forever be seared into my brain. That's when said GF jumps up from the couch, hissing, "They're here! Oh shit, they came home early! You gotta get outta here! Now!"

With the sound of the garage door opening, I throw on my pants, flannel shirt, socks and shoes.

"Where's my stuff?" I ask, frantically scanning the living room for my motorcycle jacket and gloves. This was pre-helmet law, so I had no helmet.

"I put 'em in my room! Forget about 'em! Dad will kill me if he finds you here! GO!"

She hurried me out through the patio door to the back yard, where she'd had me park my first-ever bike, a '77 CB400 Honda Hawk. Rather than park it in her driveway, she'd had me park in the alley so as to keep it out of sight from nosy neighbors.

When I put the key in the ignition, she yelped, "Wait! Don't turn it on! They'll hear it!" Then she turned and ran back into the house, making a beeline for her bedroom.

I push the bike all the way down the alley before firing it up and riding away. As I passed a Bank of America on my way out of town, I notice the temp reading on their large marquee: 26 degrees.

Now, she lived in Canyon Country, which was over the hill and a good half-hour freeway shot from my house in the Valley. I don't know what 70-ish mph works out to in terms of windchill factor, but I do know that first my snot froze to my face, then my hands became locked in place, and I couldn't feel my hair.

When I got home and looked in the mirror, I saw that my frozen lips had cracked open. They were covered in dried blood. The snot had crusted over.

That was definitely my coldest bike ride, and the coldest I've ever been.

On the plus side, she did give me her ass that night.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

you're a freak, Van. :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Mikey wrote:The sun is barely up when I get here and it's going down when I leave.
I hope you own your own business, you flipping part-timer.
No shit.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Everyone talks about the weather but nobody will do anything about it.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

60 plus degrees tomorrow here... in January, in Nebraska. Lovin' it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:9 degrees this morning.

and you know what? i'll take it. last year at this time, there was 3+ feet of snow in my yard and more importantly, on my roof.

cold kinda sucks, but, you don't have to climb up on the fukking roof and shovel it off before it caves the fukk in.

it took me 48 years to get over my child like enthusiasm for snow. right up to last year repeated multi foot snow storm, i was cool with it. now, i'm like all the othe old fukks out there.
No, you’re not “like all the othe old fukks out there”, if you’re on your snow-covered roof with a shovel. You’re a singularly stupid old fukk.

Two words for you: snow rake.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:

No, you’re not “like all the othe old fukks out there”, if you’re on your snow-covered roof with a shovel. You’re a singularly stupid old fukk.

You want to 'splain to me how the fukk you rake the dormered section of the roof, Einstein?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

You want to 'splain to me how the fukk you rake the dormered section of the roof, Einstein?
In your case, that would be from a poorly-set ladder.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote: In your case, that would be from a poorly-set ladder.
You sound like TiVO commenting on flying, old man.

Trust me on this, it's a lot safer shoveling snow from on top of a relatively flat roof than it is from a poorly set ladder. or even a properly set one. Besides, the half of the roof that doesn't have deck beneath it, would require an extremely long ladder.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: In your case, that would be from a poorly-set ladder.
You sound like TiVO commenting on flying, old man.

Trust me on this, it's a lot safer shoveling snow from on top of a relatively flat roof than it is from a poorly set ladder. or even a properly set one. Besides, the half of the roof that doesn't have deck beneath it, would require an extremely long ladder.

You have a relatively flat roof....with dormers? You need to post a picture or two. Not sure that I've seen that before.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I have what is called a cape cod style house with a 3/4 rear dormer. meaning roughly 3/4 (more like 7/8, actually) of the rear section of the roof is dormered. This means, rather than a steep 10/12 pitch that the front side has, it has a 3/12 pitch, which fits the definition of "relatively flat" IMO.

Walking around on top of such a roof is perfectly safe, even with snow on it. Trying to rake three feet of snow from the top of a ladder is a shitload less safe.

Of course, I would not recommend doing any of these things in your case gramps as it would surely result in a broken hip or worse.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Of course, I would not recommend doing any of these things in your case gramps as it would surely result in a broken hip or worse better.
FTFY
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:I have what is called a cape cod style house with a 3/4 rear dormer. meaning roughly 3/4 (more like 7/8, actually) of the rear section of the roof is dormered. This means, rather than a steep 10/12 pitch that the front side has, it has a 3/12 pitch, which fits the definition of "relatively flat" IMO.
Even someone with minimal intelligence is quite capable of doing a full gainer off of that roof. You're pretty much a lock.

And I still want to see a picture of that 3/12 pitch dormer.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:And I still want to see a picture of that 3/12 pitch dormer.
http://www.thehousedesigners.com/images ... OLREND.JPG

perhaps this sort of fancy architecture is rare in flyoverville. pretty common in these parts though.

are ya gettin' it yet, dumbass?

i suspect you might be confused a bit by definition of dormer, thinking that they are the smaller ones usually found on the front side of the house, aka dog house dormer. mine is the "shed" variety.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Looks like a Frankenstein house.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

The weather is quite nice here. Archive this thread. :grin:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:And I still want to see a picture of that 3/12 pitch dormer.
http://www.thehousedesigners.com/images ... OLREND.JPG

perhaps this sort of fancy architecture is rare in flyoverville. pretty common in these parts though.
OK, now I get it. That would be rare around here. We do have some sense of aesthetics. Not to mention a little bit of common sense. :lol:

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

that is a rather ugly example of a dormered cape. the windows are all wrong. i just wanted to show you what style i was talking about. dormered capes are actually very attractive when done right. mine lays somewhere between the right way and that ugly one. if i ever hit powerball and can build my dream house, it would be a huge dormed cape with wrap around porch.

as for you flyover types having better aesthetics, i doubt it. i've been to the midwest. there are some nice houses, but lots and lots of really ugly ones. i will take new england architecture anyday.

of course, we both have it over mikey and his mud hut left coast style houses.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

That style of house isn't uncommon around here. Worked on plenty of them.

And dude who lives in the Laughingstock part of the country running aesthetics smack is pretty rich.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

46 degrees here today in the land of the ice and snow. In January.

That's a veritable heatwave.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

They have a high of 37 projected for next Thursday. Brrr!

I might have to dig out a hoodie. Only weather-related complaint I've heard lately is that the greens are too fast.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Fridays are my day to work at home.

Sitting at my desk right now in shorts, with the sliding door open. I do have shoes on, though, a little too cool for bare feet. The outside thermometer says 70 but it feels pretty warm in the sun.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Got to admit, it's been a novelty driving around town with the roof open. Even saw a new Camaro yesterday with its top down. In January? Unheard of. Pity it gets dark so damn early...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Truman wrote:Pity it gets dark so damn early...
Try things on the other side of the 45th parallel... makes a big difference. Matter of fact, I think the only people here who live farther north than I do are Diego, Phibes, Marty, and maybe Derron by a couplefew miles.

Not a whole heck of a lot of daylight hours these days, and it's usually compounded by the 1000' foot cloud ceiling Mr. Pacific throws our way this time of year, so sometimes it doesn't really get very light out. Oh well, at least I don't have to shovel rain.

We haven't been particularly warm this winter ('round here, "winter" starts about Thanksgiving), but we've had an above average number of sunny days (usually, we get a few sunny days in winter -- and it's 25 degrees, 0.00% humidity, with a howling east wind... that's a "sunny day" in winter... but we've had quite a few non-frigid/wind-blown sunny days... contemplated playing some golf this afternoon).

Heck, I've been working in Southern Oregon lately, and we've seen some sunny and 60 days... which doesn't suck. Makes Methsville much more tolerable.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Aren't Marty and Phibes native Torontoans (43rd parallel)?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

No idea about Phibes, not sure exactly where Marty was born, but I'm pretty sure they both live in Upper Mexico.

Which, oddly enough, is why I listed them among the handful of people here north of the 45th... a group I count as roughly 5 of us (plus the MIA Trampis).
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

dins must be hitting the weed a little hard today.

i think what tru is saying is that even though they are in upper mexico, they are south of you, aka 43rd parallel.

grab a map dins, there is a chunk up the great white north there in the middle that does dip down a bit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If KMOA over unfamiliarity with all things Upper Mexican is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

OK, I'll scratch Marty off the "posters to the north of me" list.

I'll retain Phibes as a "maybe," Diego as a "for sure," and Derron as "maybe by a mile or two."

Although the point remains -- gets dark way the fuck early (and light way late) when living the Life In A Northern Town. Getting better now (Sin, MA), but add in dense cloud cover, and it's almost 8 before the sun comes up, and it's dark before 5 (a little better on a clear day, but we're not too well-known for many of those in dead-of-winter).

Other side of the coin -- it's light all the freaking time in early summer. Only dark for about 6 hours a night.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:If KMOA over unfamiliarity with all things Upper Mexican is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'll retain Phibes as a "maybe," Diego as a "for sure," and Derron as "maybe by a mile or two."

Although the point remains -- gets dark way the fuck early (and light way late) when living the Life In A Northern Town. Getting better now (Sin, MA), but add in dense cloud cover, and it's almost 8 before the sun comes up, and it's dark before 5 (a little better on a clear day, but we're not too well-known for many of those in dead-of-winter).

Other side of the coin -- it's light all the freaking time in early summer. Only dark for about 6 hours a night.
yeah, northern latitude summers are kinda cool. light at 4 am, doesn't go away till after 9. the OL's niece is doing a teaching gig in kotzebu alaska, which i am fairly certain is north of all you fukks. she was saying it's pretty wild how you loose daylight in something close to hour long chunks in the fall.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:If KMOA over unfamiliarity with all things Upper Mexican is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

That is pretty accurate on my location..we are gaining light at about a minute every other day right now. Fucking fog is what puts the damper on the light right now..yesterday I was at the River City Music Festival right on the Columbia River at the Red Lion and the fog lifted in the general PDX area, and got some great sunshine, if a bit on the cold side. The sunset was awesome and the light held in there until about 5:20 pm with no fog..of course crossing the low hills back towards the valley I live in, the fog closed in at about 500 feet and still is. Can't see the fucking hills 1/2 mile away this morning. And northern summers are great for long light days.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Weather?

It's a little wet.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

The weather systems moving through the area hammered the mid Willamette ( will-lam-et) Valley with 4 inches of rain in the valley and up to 15 inches in the Coast Range and windward side of the Cascades. Localized flooding in my area, which is good, since the Coast Range has huge amounts of snow on it.

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?