Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Chevron Thingy... CALL IT!

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm going to go with...

STFU, Johnny-Come-Lately PGA "fans."

Reminded everyone what the red shirt means.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Chevron Thingy... CALL IT!

Post by BSmack »

Good to see Tigger back on form.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

pretty cool to see Eldrick win it, although admittedly against an 18 man field and it isn't like he won the US Open...still, if he gets his confidence back and finds his putting game, he's still a formidable presence.....but with the mystique gone, other players just don't fear him like they once did and that's one aspect of his dominance I don't think he'll ever get back....

but professional golf is better for it when el tigre is in the hunt

at least you can now call for a cablanasion win and not grimace when you hit the submit button
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:pretty cool to see Eldrick win it, although admittedly against an 18 man field and it isn't like he won the US Open...still, if he gets his confidence back and finds his putting game, he's still a formidable presence.....but with the mystique gone, other players just don't fear him like they once did and that's one aspect of his dominance I don't think he'll ever get back....
The only way that comes back is if/when he starts waxing fields like he did 10 years ago. We'll just have to see.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Don't know if anyone watched with all the football on, but ElTigre engaged in an awesome staredown with Jesus Johnson while they were eyeballing the putts on 18, for the marbles.

Whole buncha gamesmanship going on there. If you didn't see it, don't be so quick to dismiss Eldo's intimidation factor.

But, it was an 18 man field, in a torney that has his name on the marquee.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I, for one, sincerely hope that Tiger wins three more majors.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I, for one, sincerely hope he misses the cut in his next four majors.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:I, for one, sincerely hope that Tiger wins three more majors.
That would be the unkindest cut of all. Tracking down Jack has been Edrick's life mission since he was wearing short pants. To fall one short would haunt him forever.

And Screwy is a damned idiot for not getting that. Go back to watching MGMT videos with your pants around your ankles Screwy.

BTW, I put the over/under on majors for TW at 20.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I, for one, sincerely hope that Tiger wins three more majors.
That would be the unkindest cut of all.
I would call it karma.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:I would call it karma.
For what?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I would call it karma.
For what?
For being the callous little shitstain he's been his entire adult life.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They'll never get it, Gobbles. Like battered women, they're in love with Tiger's game so they overlook his abominable character flaws.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Like battered women, they're in love with Tiger's game so they overlook his abominable character flaws.

:lol:

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Seriously. Eldrick could beat BSuck and Duncedale within inches of their lives and they'd still say "please sir, may I have another?"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They'll never get it, Gobbles. Like battered women, they're in love with Tiger's game so they overlook his abominable character flaws.
I watch golf because I like to watch shotmaking, not because I care where they stick their dicks after the round. Why do you care?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:I watch golf because I like to watch shotmaking, not because I care where they stick their dicks after the round. Why do you care?
Like I said, you're like a battered woman. You are so in love with Tiger's game you'll over look all this pathetic character traits in your admiration for the man. And, news flash, idiot. Tiger haters could care less where he was sticking his dick after rounds. They hate him for the way he treats people. That's why Gobbles said Karma. No surprise you're too dense to understand that.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
BSmack wrote:I watch golf because I like to watch shotmaking, not because I care where they stick their dicks after the round. Why do you care?
Like I said, you're like a battered woman. You are so in love with Tiger's game you'll over look all this pathetic character traits in your admiration for the man. And, news flash, idiot. Tiger haters could care less where he was sticking his dick after rounds. They hate him for the way he treats people. That's why Gobbles said Karma. No surprise you're too dense to understand that.
Bingo.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They hate him for the way he treats people. That's why Gobbles said Karma. No surprise you're too dense to understand that.
John Lennon and Paul McCartney were complete dicks to just about everybody. Am I going to burn my Beatles CDs? Jimmy Page fucked a 14 year old girl. I'm not burning my Zep collection either. And let's not even get into Pete Townshend...

And not for nothing, but people in a position to know have told me that one of the all time pricks towards fans on the PGA Tour was the 1960s and early 70s Jack Nicklaus.

My point is, you don't know any of these people personally. The one time I saw Tiger in person was at the 2003 PGA. And honestly, the only golfer that stood out in the way he treated fans was K.J. Choi. Of all the golfers I saw, Choi was the only one who actually stopped, took the time to sign his name right and talked with the kids on the ropes during his practice round. PERIOD. The rest of the guys big leagued everybody. So pardon me if I don't buy into the idea that Eldrick is the big bad guy amongst a bunch of choir boys on Tour.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BWSSmack wrote:And not for nothing, but people in a position to know have told me that one of the all time pricks towards fans on the PGA Tour was the 1960s and early 70s Jack Nicklaus.
Interesting. I've never heard that. Ever. And I lived in Ohio for part of the 60s. But we've all heard numerous instances of Tiger assholishness. There may be lots of pricks on the tour. Tiger's just the biggest prick of all. I sincerely hope falls short of 18.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Like I said, you're like a battered woman. You are so in love with Tiger's game you'll over look all this pathetic character traits in your admiration for the man. And, news flash, idiot. Tiger haters could care less where he was sticking his dick after rounds. They hate him for the way he treats people. That's why Gobbles said Karma. No surprise you're too dense to understand that.

he didn't do anything to me and he didn't do anything to you....

if you want to criticize the guy for his moral ethics, that's fine....if he's an ass insofar as his treatment of other people, well that's his problem and not mine....but why rail on people who admire the guys physical talents?

I don't get it.....
Goober McTuber wrote: There may be lots of pricks on the tour. Tiger's just the biggest prick of all.
not even fucking close.....if you want to know who the biggest douchenozzle on the PGA tour is, all you have to do is ask the people who would know and have no axe to grind....the caddies...Tiger doesn't even rank in the top 10...

Rory Sabbatini in a fucking landslide....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:not even fucking close.....if you want to know who the biggest douchenozzle on the PGA tour is, all you have to do is ask the people who would know and have no axe to grind....the caddies...Tiger doesn't even rank in the top 10...

Rory Sabbatini in a fucking landslide....
There's another guy who gets a lot of love in the douchbag vote. In fact player and caddies have taken to calling him FIGJAM for quite some time.

http://www.worldgolf.com/blogs/alan.kat ... ll_phil_mi

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They hate him for the way he treats people.
Like being by far the most charitable athlete ever?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
There's another guy who gets a lot of love in the douchbag vote. In fact player and caddies have taken to calling him FIGJAM for quite some time.

http://www.worldgolf.com/blogs/alan.kat ... ll_phil_mi
others allegedly known for douchebaggery
Ian Poulter
Ricky Fowler
Vijay Singh
Sergio Garcia
Kevin Na

I once saw Curtis Strange in Las Vegas drunk and making an ass of himself...but I wouldn't call that douchebaggery-when I was in my 20's that was called having fun...now if he'd of kicked a dog or spit on some old lady when he left the restaurant, that would qualify as doucheness....

anybody can be a prick at times, but Sabbatini is despised by the majority of pros....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Another player on the douchebag list is Freddie Couples. At least according to a friend of mine who worked a corporate tent at Jeff Sluman's charity event here in Rochester. On the other hand the same friend also reported that John Daly was a great guy to knock back a drink or twenty with.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A golfing-buddy of a golfing buddy (yeah, I know, but it's quite reliable) had a firsthand account of the All-Time-Undisputed-King-Of-AHoles...

Sam Snead.

Kid in question was about 10 or thereabouts, and came from a family of golf nuts, and started playing since he could walk. He won a junior tourney, which resulted in an entry to a little Pro-Am thing.

Well this Pro-Am was at a course in Astoria, OR, which was owned by some old buddy of Sam Snead's. Snead used to come play in it every year.

What a deal, since this kid grew up worshiping the very ground Sneadwalked on, and wanted to grow up to be just like his idol, Sam Snead. And lo and behold, sudden;y kid gets to play in the group with Sam Freaking Snead. How many kids get the opportunity (earned, no less) to do something like that?

So, they're on Tee #1, and dude gets to meet his idol. Walks up in complete awe, extends his hand, and introduces himself.

In reply, Snead says "Shut up, kid. I don't care who you are. If you speak so much as one word out on the course, I'm kicking you off the course, so just keep quiet all day."

Suddenly, he didn't want to grow up to be just like Sam Snead anymore.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:Another player on the douchebag list is Freddie Couples. At least according to a friend of mine who worked a corporate tent at Jeff Sluman's charity event here in Rochester.
not the first time I've heard that.....I've also heard he has a penchant for high priced hookers as well (not that that makes him a douche-who doesn't like a top line prostitute?)
Dinsdale wrote: Snead says "Shut up, kid. I don't care who you are. If you speak so much as one word out on the course, I'm kicking you off the course, so just keep quiet all day."

Suddenly, he didn't want to grow up to be just like Sam Snead anymore.
that pretty much defines the term "douchebaggery"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Seems to me that having a penchant for high priced hos is more or less a standard feature of those that can afford high priced hos.

So, who's number one cool dude golf pro of all time. From what I have read, that honor may go to Arnie. Dude didn't amass an Army being a cocksucker.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:Dude didn't amass an Army being a cocksucker.
I've heard that's how you amass a Navy.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:They hate him for the way he treats people.
Like being by far the most charitable athlete ever?
He is by far the highest paid, ever. So, of course, he will be the "most charitable".

Mega rich celebs who donate money really don't impress me much. It's not like they have to give up anything at all to do it.

I seriously doubt he even gives up a minute of his time to do it. I'm sure there is someone on his payroll doing the actual work.

I am more impressed by those that don't feel the need to establish a charity with their fukking name on it, but just quietly write checks to already existing worthy charities.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:

He is by far the highest paid, ever. So, of course, he will be the "most charitable".

Mega rich celebs who donate money really don't impress me much. It's not like they have to give up anything at all to do it.

I seriously doubt he even gives up a minute of his time to do it. I'm sure there is someone on his payroll doing the actual work.

I am more impressed by those that don't feel the need to establish a charity with their fukking name on it, but just quietly write checks to already existing worthy charities.
he gives millions to charity, but apparently you don't like the way he donates?

this is just fucking sad on so many levels.....you need to dial the hatred down a few notches....
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I don't hate him for giving. I just am not that impressed.

He is, by far, the highest paid golfer in history. Hell, he might be the nighest paid athlete in history. Like all other grossly overpaid people, he gives away a sizeable chunk of money.

This is done for a number of reasons.

It's a tax deduction.

If he didn't, he'd be crucified for it.

And, he may actually give two fukks.

The point I was making is there are people out there that do give away time and money to causes because they really give a fukk. And it is money they definitely could use elsewhere as they are not rich beyond belief.

The bottom line is, praising the fabulously wealthy is kind of like praising the average shmuck for paying his taxes. It's really not that big a deal.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:I just am not that impressed.
then by all means provide me specific examples of people who's generosity does impress you...and not the "guy that goes out of his way" dealio, specific people please....
He is, by far, the highest paid golfer in history. Hell, he might be the nighest paid athlete in history. Like all other grossly overpaid people, he gives away a sizeable chunk of money.
I thought you conservative types embraced prosperity....why do you hate his self made success? I mean seriously, it's not like his family handed over a big pile of money to him...everything he's got has been of his own doing....

It's a tax deduction.

The point I was making is there are people out there that do give away time and money to causes because they really give a fukk.
you want to hang eldrick out to dry because:
1. you think he doesn't give enough and the the only reason he does give is because somebody would crucify him if he didn't
2. apparently you think the only reason he may give to charity is for the tax deduction
3. he may or may not care

is that about right?
The bottom line is, praising the fabulously wealthy is kind of like praising the average shmuck for paying his taxes. It's really not that big a deal.
he's donated all of his winnings (about 12 million) from just the chevron tournament....that seems like a big deal to me...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I just am not that impressed.
then by all means provide me specific examples of people who's generosity does impress you...and not the "guy that goes out of his way" dealio, specific people please....

There isn't really anyone in public life that I can site. In my private life, I would site my next door neighbor from when I lived in Tn. I can honestly say he was the most decent man I ever met. As a kid his old man was a missionary in India. He spent time there and saw the horrible poverty. So, as an adult he founded an orphanage there. He was a school teacher and spent a good chunk of each summer over there running the place. I never once saw the guy speak badly of anyone. This fukkin' dude was a christian who walked the fukkin' walk, like no one I have met before or since.
I thought you conservative types embraced prosperity....why do you hate his self made success? I mean seriously, it's not like his family handed over a big pile of money to him...everything he's got has been of his own doing....

It's a tax deduction.

The point I was making is there are people out there that do give away time and money to causes because they really give a fukk.
you want to hang eldrick out to dry because:
1. you think he doesn't give enough and the the only reason he does give is because somebody would crucify him if he didn't
2. apparently you think the only reason he may give to charity is for the tax deduction
3. he may or may not care

is that about right?

i don't wanna hang him out to dry. what he has accomplished as a golfer is admirable. i think he does give enough. i said tax deduction is a factor, not the only reason. What I don't like is the way he has carried on like a spoiled fukkin' brat, on the course and elsewhere. i could really give two shits about his whore mongering, i do think he's a dumb fukk for not managing it better
he's donated all of his winnings (about 12 million) from just the chevron tournament....that seems like a big deal to me...
12 million is a big deal to you and me. i am sure it is a big deal to those that benefit from it, but, it's chump change to tiger and as i said earlier, it is SOP for the fabulously wealthy to give away a nice little chunk of it. if they don't, they'd never hear the end of it.