So if Georgia wins today...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

So if Georgia wins today...

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

...there's no way LSU and Bama can play each other in the MNC game, right? I don't know why this never occurred to me before, and I apologize if it's a glass dick discussion, but if UGA wins, they get the SEC automatic bid and are headed to the Sugar Bowl. And according to BCS rules, a conference can only send two teams to the BCS. So that means that either LSU or Bama is out, right?

So let's say Georgia beats LSU in a close game, OU beats Okie Lite, and Clemson beats VT. LSU and Bama would most likely still be the top two teams in the BCS standings. Hell, that could happen even if VT and Ok St. win. What the hell happens then?
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: So if Georgia wins today...

Post by Adelpiero »

NO

It's already set in stone, by the voters.

If Georgia wins:

Georgia goes to BCS bowl game

Alabama and LSU play for BCS title game. So 3 SEC schools would go to BCS, with a B1G team being pushed out(michigan).

LSU wins, bama and LSU play for title, 2 bids to SEC.

I don't know how exactly it works(BCS rules), but from the tweets from all of the CFB guys, it's set in stone, lsu and bama for title, GA could get 3rd bcs bid if upset!
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Never mind. Should've just checked Wikipedia first:
No more than two teams from any one conference may receive berths in BCS games unless two non-champions from a BCS conference finish as the top two teams in the final BCS standings, in which case they will meet in the National Title Game while their conference champion will play in their conference's BCS bowl game.
Bummer.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If UGA wins, and Bama and LSU retain the #1 and #2 rankings, Bama and LSU play in the Championship, UGA gets the auto-bid to the Sugar...

I'm pretty sure, anyway.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That is correct.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev