BCS Title Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Re: BCS Title Game

Post by Go Coogs' »

Sudden Sam wrote:Oklahoma State? The computers love the Big 12 for some bizarre reason. Ummmm...how many good teams are there in that conference to inflate the Cowboys' SOS? Let's see...oh, yeah, there's Okie State and Oklahoma. No one else. Wow.
Nothing bizarre about it, SS. The Big12 is probably the deepest conference in the NCAA this season.

SEC may have the top two teams, but I think its a major drop off after that. Arkansas is a fraud.

I'll take the Big12's second tier teams over anyone elses.

Baylor, Texas, Texas aTm, and Kansas State aren't gimmie games by any stretch.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I agree that LSU and 'Bama have to be #1 and #2 at the end of the season...assuming LSU wins the CCG. Okie State losing to Iowa State would be comparable to LSU losing to Vandy or Miss. St. and should have knocked them much further down in the polls, imo. The Cowboys shouldn't get a sniff at the MNC game, even if they beat the Sooners...which I don't think will happen. There are only two teams who deserve to be in the title game and they shouldn't be denied simply because it's a rematch. They've separated themselves from the rest of the college football world and we deserve to see the two best teams slug it out for the national championship, not LSU and some patsy. The BCS has always been a joke but putting anyone other than the Tide in the game would border on criminal.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Someone please convince me there is a team out there better than Alabama or LSU.
There's plenty of them, but they only play on Sundays. :P

I want to see a re-match. I don't think just because they played during the season they should be denied a re-match. It would be the most compelling game IMO. They are the best two teams in the nation this year.
I realize this plays into Alabama's favor, but The Hat said he'd be honored to play them again. Good enough for me.
Only one team can claim to being better than Alabama, that's LSU, based on the body of work.

Okie Lite while finding a way to score "some' on either team, would not slow either LSU or 'Bama down. (As you said)
Plus Okie Lite hasn't seen anything defensively equal to those two. Even post Oklahoma.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The SEC doesn't play against any teams week in and week out that have an offense. Hell, the SEC only has 1 team in the top 30 in the country in offense.

The last time you played an "average" offense (Division II... Georgia Southern) AT HOME... they put up 21 points and 350 yards of offense. That's flat out embarrassing.

The final Sagarin predictor just came out and said the last win you had (Allbarn) is the # 63 team in the country.

It also shows that you only have 5 teams in the top 30... while both the PAC 12 (6 teams) and the Big 12 (7 teams) have more.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm

Oklahoma State and Stanfurd would light you up like a pinball machine... just like Utah did in the Sugar Bowl.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mace wrote:assuming LSU wins the CCG
here we go bulldogs here we go....

nothing personal to he SEC honks, but I have no desire to see a rematch of LSU and bama
get out, get out while there's still time
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Alabama isn't even playing in the Championship game in their own conference !!!

How the hell should they be playing in the National Championship Game ???

A simple BCS rule change....

...no two teams from the same conference are allowed to play for the National Championship. If two teams from the same conference are ranked #1 and #2 at the end of the season ... #1 shall play the highest ranked team from another conference.

Only conference champions can play for the National Championship game.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:I can't understand your argument at all. Would you feel better if LSU played Louisville? If the two best teams in the country don't meet in the title game, the game is meaningless.
The system is fucking bullshit. Who really cares at this point, other than SEC BSH?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:I can't understand your argument at all. Would you feel better if LSU played Louisville?
Huh ???

Louisville is the # 59 team in the country... now you're desperate.

Psst... you're not even playing in your own Conference Championship game.
Last edited by M2 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

SS, don't get me wrong, Bama's resume is better than any other one loss teams out there. It's the top two teams and Bama was in the driver's seat after losing their division which doesn't make much sense to a lot of the naysayers, but formula has the two best teams in the NCG. It may not seem fair to those who have to play 13 games, but that is the BCS for you.

LSU is #1
Bama is #2

Case closed.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Go Coogs' wrote:
LSU is #1
Bama is #2

Case closed.

I already saw that game...up to the point where I dozed off.

Alabama doesn't deserve anything, they had their shot AT HOME and played some of the worst football I ever had the misfortune of watching.

As far as Richardson for the Heisman... the guy has the 34th highest yard per carry in NCAA behind the best offensive line in College Football ???

RG3 deserves the Heisman.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:Obviously you didn't see the same game I saw.
...that soccer match ???

So, if Bama wins something like 9-6 on a neutral field, but were beat at home by LSU, who deserves the trophy ?

...the Tide already had their shot and lost.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote: This talk of LSU losing to Georgia and still possibly going to the title game is weird. I mean, a really close loss, I could see some possibility of it happening
that would be fucking stupid
the BCS would be forced to take the tattered remains of what's left of their dignity and crawl into a fucking hole

if that scenario played out, college football would take a giant step backwards
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray wrote:Nobody in your fucking conference has outright won it all since 1972.
I realize this little saying is your new favorite toy, but you really need to bail on it. No one gives a shit that USC was forced to "vacate" '04. We all know who won the title that year, and USC was flat-out robbed of their rightful outright title in '78.

Fuck a buncha 2003, as well.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Felix wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: This talk of LSU losing to Georgia and still possibly going to the title game is weird. I mean, a really close loss, I could see some possibility of it happening
that would be fucking stupid
the BCS would be forced to take the tattered remains of what's left of their dignity and crawl into a fucking hole

if that scenario played out, college football would take a giant step backwards
Why? What's the big deal?

Sin,

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

:shock: 8)
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I would like to dig up the thread from 2006 when some were talking o a UM-Ohio rematch.

IIRC, the UM'ers on here and the Bucknuts were against a rematch. My thing is, what happens if they split? Why should one win outweigh the other ?

I'd be interested in seeing what the secbsh'ers had to say back then.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Who deserved to be #1 in 2007 more than Ohio State ???

No one and we all know how that turned out.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Jsc810 wrote:If not LSU vs Alabama, then who?
Houston and LSU, Bama and Okie State, Stanford and bama, Stanford LSU....anybody but a repeat of the Tide and Tigers Bowl

if bama were to win a MNC against LSU, we'd spend the next year listening to LSU fans that they are the real champions because they beat the Tide at home and simply were jobbed out of their rightful MNC....

it would be a fucking nightmare

now I fully expect JSC to chime in with something like "no we wouldn't
but we all know better than that......
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

WolverineSteve wrote:I would like to dig up the thread from 2006 when some were talking o a UM-Ohio rematch.

IIRC, the UM'ers on here and the Bucknuts were against a rematch. My thing is, what happens if they split? Why should one win outweigh the other ?

I'd be interested in seeing what the secbsh'ers had to say back then.
Yeah, but see, Michigan clearly wasn't one of the two best teams in 2006...

:mrgreen:

And thank god they weren't, because that particular Michigan defeat was the genesis for my all-time favorite music video...

Those gorgeous little bambies just frolicking around from 0:21 to 0:55...goddammit.

Ummm, what were we talking about again?

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote:m2, your 'Stanford & Oklahoma State would light up LSU or Alabama' comment is ridiculous.
Really ???

The # 3 (Oklahoma State) and the #10 (Stanfurd)... offenses in the country wouldn't light you up like a Christmas tree ???

Too funny.

Hell, a "high school" team (Georgia Southern) put up 21 points and 350 yards on you in your own house !

The last time Alabama played a "good" offense... they were blown out of the stadium (Utah) in their own backyard.

Psst... the team playing for the SEC Championship (Georgia)... was blown out in their own state by Boise State.

The SEC is simply OVERRATED by pre-season bias/television contracts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

At least we'll finally get to see an SEC team lose in the NCG.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I do not agree that you must win your conference in order to play for the MNC. The Cash Grabs are a proven farce anyway. The BCS never created a stipulation that said you must win your conference in order to play for the MNC. All the BCS ever intended to do was to match up the two best teams in the country. If that means the two best teams rep the same conference, so be it.

So under the structure and method of the current system, I do believe LSU should play Alabama for the "nationals," as MegaSkeet would put it.

That said, unless you're a fan of LSU or Alabama you should do as any good anti-BCS fan would and root for chaos. I want LSU vs Okie State, or whoever else. We need as many failed experiments as possible.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:Look, the SEC has pounded every other conferemce in BCS title games.
Really? I must have missed the one where they pounded the Pac 10. I do recall last year's game which came down to a FG on the last play, or some such. Is that what you call a "pounding"?

Just be glad you lucked out and never had to face any of the better Trojan squads.

:twisted:

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

The only issue I have

in 2006 everyone said NO REMATCH and there were a bunch of 1 loss teams and OSU undefeated...we know what happened I can accept that...

but the 1 v 2 game that year was the last game of the year...a 3 pt win (Offensively exciting 42-39) and there were a ton of NFLer's on those two rosters as well (Ted Ginn, Beanie, Woodley, Jake Long, Henne, Manningham, Malcolm Jenkins, etc)...

why should we see the same game again? If bama did win then what? they split the trophy? How could you say Bama was better?

I think if Okie Lite Rolls OU they could jump Bama...just my opinion...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:2 - If Alabama were to beat LSU in the BCS title game, the Tide would be the MNC. Why would a regualr season game come into the equation? The title game is THE TITLE GAME. Win it, you the boss. I can't understand why anyone would suggest otherwise.
This is true. Bama would be the official Mythical National Champions. But that wouldn't stop a shitload of people from believing LSU is still better, or at least just as good, since they beat your boys on their home turf in a game that was basically dubbed the de-facto National Championship. I'm not sure the actual MNC could have more hype than that one did.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

So we can expect 12-9, then?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

What about if LSU loses big-time to Georgia, and Okie State loses to Oklahoma? Could you possibly wind up with a BCS title game between Alabama and Stanford -- two programs that didn't win their conference?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:Take the CBS #2 blind poll challenge: So who is the real number two?
I don't know, but they'll be playing for a glass football, not a glass dick.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:OSU won the game in regualtion? Really? Big East refs? What the hell is this guy talking about?!?!
Supposedly OSU kicked a field goal that may have been good, but the refs called no good. Hopefully, OSU kicks ass this weekend and the voters do the right thing.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Hopefully, OSU kicks ass this weekend and the voters do the right thing.
Do you really think OSU will beat the Sooners with the Big 12 title on the line?
Yes, as long as there's no more airplane crashes.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Do you really think OSU will beat the Sooners with the Big 12 title on the line?
Why not? How is the OU d going to stop the OSU o?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If it comes down to a shootout I'll take Weeden, Blackmon & co. Okie Lite D is not good, but they do force turnovers, which could be the difference in this game.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Jsc810 wrote:
I don't give a shit who is in the championship game, as long as LSU is in it.
So even if they were to lose to Georgia they still should be there......the SECBSH is strong......
The winner of that game is the national champion, period.
I'm going to remember you said that.......
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:
So even if they were to lose to Georgia they still should be there......the SECBSH is strong......

Yes, they should. And I'm far from being an SEC fan.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:
No shit. It's strong and pervasive. Did you hear Craig James on the BCS show last night?

He voted Arky #3 because "they've only lost two games and those were to the two best teams in the country. So they should be #3".

Pretty much the majority opinion at ESECPN, apparently. Might as well just let the top 8 from the SEC play an elimination to determine the MNC. Then they could just put the old bowl system back in place for the rest of the country and be done with it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Yes, they should. And I'm far from being an SEC fan.
so I guess a loss in the SEC championship game wouldn't count?

two teams from the same conference, neither of which won their own conference championship play for the MNC?
(I know this all speculative as LSU will more than likely shithammer Georgia into mush)

the terrible thing is I think I agree with you, but doubt seriously that I would watch a rematch of bama/LSU.....

this is why the BCS is so fucked up....

Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Sudden Sam wrote:I don't see that happening, though.
I seem to recall you saying this over and over right before the first game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote: Do you really think OSU will beat the Sooners with the Big 12 title on the line?

I think hope the Sooners will take care of the Cowboys title game hopes.
Fixed.

As someone whose team has played both, I have to give the nod to OSU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:What about if LSU loses big-time to Georgia, and Okie State loses to Oklahoma? Could you possibly wind up with a BCS title game between Alabama and Stanford -- two programs that didn't win their conference?
If the unthinkable happens and Georgia just shithammers LSU—along with OSU losing to OU—yep, we'll probably get Stanford vs Bama...two teams who didn't win their own Division, much less their own conference.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:
Mgo wrote:How is the OU d going to stop the OSU o?
All they have to do is stop them once.
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

C'mon, Mgo, you gotta admit...that was damn funny.