Chipotle Lime Marinade

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Chipotle Lime Marinade

Post by mvscal »

It's a pretty nice, versatile preparation. It can be used on chicken, pork or shrimp. I will usually reserve a couple tablespoons (prior to adding cornstarch) if I'm making an avacado salsa or guacamole for flavor and to keep the avacados from turning brown.

6 tbs lime juice
4 tbs salad oil
2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a ceramic or glass bowl, dissolve the salt in the lime juice then add the chipotle powder and cumin then the oil. Mix well and then whisk in the cornstarch to bind it.

I'm using it tonight on some chicken breasts with avacado salsa, spanish rice and corn for a quick weekday dinner.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Chipotle Lime Marinade

Post by Mikey »

Looks like it would make a deece carne asada used on skirt, flank or flap steak.
mvscal
Blank

Re: Chipotle Lime Marinade

Post by mvscal »

Definitely. Just add some chopped cilantro. My dad has a Mexican grocery nearby and they have that almost paper thin cut carne asada meat. I will try it out with this marinade.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.