Okay, after witnessing Nyjer Morgan's postgame act...

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Okay, after witnessing Nyjer Morgan's postgame act...

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Made an ass of myself? :lol:

My original contentions were twofold: 1) No, Miller Park is actually pretty cool, based on a) actually having seen it in person and 2) Everyone I've spoken to who's been there has agreed. Unless you can refute those two things, one of which is purely personal opinion, and the other being completely irrefutable, then you should promptly shut the fuck up.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:...then you should promptly shut the fuck up.
bwaa, that'll be the day. he's already drafted a response and but is waiting for the go ahead from his editor before submitting. going to be something about cogencies and sophisms and blah blah he proved your taste in ice cream wrong.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Actually, it was going to be a point about Mgo going to the patently banal anecdotal evidence card while implying that I would be unable to back up my blatantly obvious assertion with any sort of unbiased third-party opinion, and how, once he'd been properly clowned by his own petard, he couldn't simply bring himself to admit, "Oh, well, okay. Yeah, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and let Screwball immolate himself on his own."

Or something like that.

And yes, Mgo, everyone who's been to Miller Park as well as every other park in America says that it's a middling place at best in which to watch a ballgame. Sorry that you're so easily amused, but them's the facts. If you wish to call out as "douches" Forbes, ESPN and every other disparate source who came to the same obvious conclusion, have at it.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You are relentless.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey, he's got plenty of time on his hands. What else is he supposed to do?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:I'm a heartless bastard who will smack just about anybody for just about anything...

But even I have to draw the line somewhere.
Boy, aren't you benevolent? Vannie, you should probably look that up...
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Oh, and look who decided to pop back in? Why, it's Screwball, our wayward wordsmith, the self-professed writer who...can't; the hopeless virgin who believes DC to be the Mecca of feminine pulchritude, and Air France the height of sonic bliss; the clueless dipshit who, alone on planet Earth, ranks Miller Field among the top three ballparks in America; the confirmed moron who even has the power to goad the usually reliable Mgo into abject stupidity; the feckless, classless dolt who wouldn't know how or when to shut his fucking mouth even if his life depended on it.

Welcome back, cunt. Any other winners you wish to lob my way?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

the confirmed moron who even has the power to goad the usually reliable Mgo into abject stupidity;
This stupid bullshit...again? What is so hard to understand? How could Screw "goad" me into a take that I submitted before him? I expect undying stubbornness from your retorts, but I don't expect this sort of logical ineptitude. To steal an old Dinsdale bit...

brain, THEN keyboard
brain, THEN keyboard

If anything, it's the other way around. Screw did nothing but reaffirm what I originally said, and did so just mere minutes after my post. You want to call me stupid, fine, but at least give me complete credit for my "abject stupidity."

Of course, it's still going to do nothing to change my opinion, because the guy with links battling the guy with real, actual, personal experience is going to result in a lot of bwahahahahahaha.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What "real, actual experience"? Are you now going to claim that you've been to all these other parks that a multitude of unbiased observers have unanimously rated superior to Miller Field?

What sort of perspective do you think you actually bring to this discussion other than your one dimwitted mantra, "I bought a hot dog and shot a PET thread at Miller Field, so I now proclaim myself an expert on ALL MLB ballparks! Only people like me and my like-minded friends have valid opinions on such things! Fuck those assclowns who've actually been to every ballpark! They're wrong and I'm right because...ummm...I say so!"

Bottom line, you have nothing here. You asked for links, I provided them while offering to provide a dozen more if need be, and rather than simply admit that you...wait for it...went keyboard----->brain....you insist on sticking to your bradhusker-esque white flag of an 'argument.'

You and your girlfriend Screwball lost this one, badly. By lamely attempting to discredit the very links you originally claimed did not exist, you're only making yourself look worse. Seriously, do yourself a favor and just shut the fuck up already.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:popcorn:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

aside from still insisting you can use links to prove these assertions false:
It's actually very cool. I've been three times. An architectural marvel.
Yes, Miller Park is arguably the best park in MLB.
it's probably help your pretend argument if you could tell the difference between mgo and screw. keep trying, though: we know you will.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Rather than distance himself from Screw's stupid assertion, he piggybacked it by saying his own opinion of the place carries more weight than those of people who've been to every ballpark.

He should have distanced himself from Screwball the moment that idiot placed Miller Field among MLB's Top Three ballparks. Instead, he opted to attack my perfectly reasonable and easily verifiable contention that people who've been to every ballpark strongly disagree with Screwball's vapid opinion. He compounded it by implying that I was lying about such rankings, then he completely screwed the pooch by attempting to denigrate the very links that he smugly assumed I would be unable to produce.

It was a series of stupid fails.

"It may not be among the better ballparks in America, but I still enjoy the place. It's an engineering marvel, and a decent venue in which to enjoy a ballgame. Yeah, sure, Screwball's an idiot for saying it's a Top Three ballpark, but that's Screwball."

That would have been the correct play.

Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Just another example of Screwey getting his daily bukkake in here. :lol:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I understand how difficult it is for a temperamental attention whore like yourself, Vannie, to realize you can't logically disprove someone's opinion. How you are able to function on a day-to-day basis ranks right up there with splitting the atom. And now your petty, personal cry fest has evolved beyond disagreeing over which stadiums are the three best and has turned into phantom alliances certain posters may or may have not formed. Nobody gives a flying fuck what you or these so-called "experts" think, nor does anyone give a shit what you think the "correct play" should have been. Quit wasting everyone's fucking time and just shut the fuck up already, you tedious, insufferable twat.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

IKYABWAI, from the tenements of DC?

Awesome. :lol:

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BTW, I’ll add my vote for Miller Park as being a cool place to watch a game. And before you accuse me of not having been to any other parks, I’ve been to Crosley Field, Shibe Park, Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:And before you accuse me of not having been to any other parks
I don't think his accusation was as ridiculous as "not being to any other parks" but was as preposterous as not being to EVERY park and having scientific analysis. You know, typical Vannie in New Mexico jonsense.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

A guy who hasn't been to but a few of the ballparks to which he's comparing Miller Field wrote:Yes, Miller Park is arguably the best park in MLB.

I'd have to say is (sic) a three-way tie between Baltimore, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh for best park in baseball.
:doh:

:lol:

While that is obviously what you'd have to say, people who actually do know their ass from a hole in the ground would have to say that you're a fucking retard.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

People who know their ass from a hole in the ground know it's not called Miller Field.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol:

Way to swing for the fences, Screwball!

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:What "real, actual experience"?
You know, getting in a car, leaving my area code, and going to the games?
Are you now going to claim that you've been to all these other parks that a multitude of unbiased observers have unanimously rated superior to Miller Field?
Why would I do that?
What sort of perspective do you think you actually bring to this discussion other than your one dimwitted mantra, "I bought a hot dog and shot a PET thread at Miller Field, so I now proclaim myself an expert on ALL MLB ballparks! Only people like me and my like-minded friends have valid opinions on such things! Fuck those assclowns who've actually been to every ballpark! They're wrong and I'm right because...ummm...I say so!"
That's amusing considering your perspective consists of c&ping perspective from somebody else.

I haven't been to all the ballparks, but I've been to many. I think Miller Park is a cool place, and an ocean behind the right field wall in San Francisco doesn't change my opinion of the structure in Milwaukee. Unlike the guys in your links, I'm not approaching this by ranking the parks. I'm talking about Miller Park in its own right.
Bottom line, you have nothing here. You asked for links, I provided them while offering to provide a dozen more if need be, and rather than simply admit that you...wait for it...went keyboard----->brain....you insist on sticking to your bradhusker-esque white flag of an 'argument.'

You and your girlfriend Screwball lost this one, badly. By lamely attempting to discredit the very links you originally claimed did not exist, you're only making yourself look worse. Seriously, do yourself a favor and just shut the fuck up already.
Links? I didn't ask for links. And you still can't provide a single link that can disprove my original claims.

I'll bet Van has to dredge up a bunch of online critiques before he can decide whether or not he just enjoyed his slice of pizza.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Van wrote:Bottom line, you have nothing here. You asked for links, I provided them while offering to provide a dozen more if need be, and rather than simply admit that you...wait for it...went keyboard----->brain....you insist on sticking to your bradhusker-esque white flag of an 'argument.'

Links? I didn't ask for links.
Oh really?
Mgo wrote:
Van wrote:meaning critiques by people who do unbiased, comparitive analysis of these things
That's fucking rich. Got a link or anything? Of course you don't. Just shut the fuck up, idiot.
You were saying?

Let me help you here, Mgo. The sentence you're looking for goes thusly: Peace out.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

He was? We understand you're as clueless as it gets, but please humor us with a bit of ability to read.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i suppose you can read whatever you'd like into a quote. me, and on this board, i prefer to to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to obvious sarcasm, so i'll to ahead and say "link me up, asshole" has to do more with the douchebag who thinks links > "i was there and thought it was nice." and that's even without bringing up your dumbfuck links that carry oh-so-much weight:
A unique retractable roof, a design rich in nostalgia, and who can’t fall in love with Bernie the Brewer making his way down the slide whenever a member of the hometown nine hits a home run.
Milwaukee's Miller Park is, without a doubt, impressive. Its immensity is awe-inspring. Its retractable roof is mesmerizing (as you see it closing above after a game). Its height is astonishing. Its team is ... well, the stadium is impressive.

and, you know, one of your links explaining their methodology:
The Chicago Cubs' Wrigley Field--"Heaven in the bleachers," as Shapiro puts it--topped all other parks in this elusive category. Though the ballpark is cold, cramped and crowded, there's a certain authenticity to spending an afternoon on the North Side that goes beyond the superficial. None of the glitzy new ballparks can boast their own supernatural history: At Wrigley, Cubs fans blame their team's struggles on hexes stemming from billy goats, black cats and, most recently, Steve Bartman.
or in other words: this ballpark is so much better than miller field because the team that plays there hasn't won a game since 1973. ja, totally debunks the idea that someone on this board went to miller park and found it a decent ballpark.

i believe it's put thusly: douchebag. why don't you step outside and get some vitamin d.

and since you can't make a point on this board without mentioning your own team, i absolutely love on your links how comerica park is ranked anywhere between "blow this mother fucker up" and just outside of the top ten. funny, because i've been to safeco field as well (top 3 in most of them?) and could go four minutes without thinking i was at comerica, though that probably had more to do with only going up there to see the tigers rather than the garlic fries safeco sells for $7.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Vitamin D smack? "Shut-in" nonsense?

What the hell is wrong with you morons? I work full time, and mostly outside. I probably get more sun than you and Screwball combined.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Eh, I just googled "Van" and "outside" and all the unbiased T1B experts agree you have plywood walls in your basement and pasty skin.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:BTW, I’ll add my vote for Miller Park as being a cool place to watch a game. And before you accuse me of not having been to any other parks... I was there when Herakles was adorned with a laurel wreath for winning the first marathon at Olympia Stadium.

Fixed.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:an ocean behind the right field wall in San Francisco

Oh, and for the record...

No.

A bay, maybe. You ain't sitting in a raft in the Pacific waiting to catch home runs (for a multitude of reasons, one being the surf, another being you'd never see them coming through the fog).

OK, carry on.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one