Okay, after witnessing Nyjer Morgan's postgame act...

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Okay, after witnessing Nyjer Morgan's postgame act...

Post by Van »

...maybe I won't be rooting for Milwaukee after all. If nothing else, here's hoping that clown goes oh-for-the-rest-of-the-playoffs.

We've seen about a zillion on-field postgame celebrations over the years, and that had to be the first time I ever saw a guy celebrating nothing but himself.

It's fucking baseball, you dick. That sort of ghetto cuntishness has no place in the game.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Re: Okay, after witnessing Nyjer Morgan's postgame act...

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

I missed it....what did he do?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

He kept separating himself from his teammates so that he could run around thumping his chest and making this hand gesture to signify "T-Plush," which is the nic he's given himself. Then, when the hottie on-field reporter tried to interview him, he just kept shouting, "Fuck yeah!" over and over, right on camera. After telling her, "Can't talk...gotta go," he runs off and hops atop the dugout to pound his chest some more while again making that hand gesture to prop himself.

It was thoroughly disgusting.

Then there was Chris Carpenter, who just pitched one of the better close-out games in playoffs history to knock out a #1 seed on the road. His reaction? He calmly and politely answered the reporter's inane questions. He deflected praise. He gave credit to Halladay. He expressed relief over nailing down the final out.

He showed class. It's baseball...the quintessential team game. That's how you do it.
Last edited by Van on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote: He showed class. It's baseball...the quintessential team game. That's how you do it.

the brewers had baseball people wondering where the veterans were on that team to stifle the goofiness last season. For example, the home run bowling routine they did at home plate to celebrate.

and then they got nyjer morgan.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bace, did you catch his act tonight? If so, what did you think of it?

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:Bace, did you catch his act tonight? If so, what did you think of it?

saw replays. the brewers game was ending during the first inning of my Cards game so I didn't see the tenth. this routine is what I expect from morgan. nyjer has been doing this all season. and every season prior.

pirates got rid of him for immaturity. with the nationals he threw a tantrum to the marlins and gaby sanchez clotheslined him. against the Cardinals he went out of the baseline to give a forearm to the head of our catcher at home plate who was neither blocking the plate nor had the ball by the time nyjer's forearm hit the catcher's head.

in summary, not down. a veteran somewhere needs to put him in his place.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

Up here in Wisconsin, his jersey is one of the best sellers and the people absolutely love his fire even though he is a bit ghetto.

Like he really cares what we think.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

nyjer wrote:Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!"
sorry 'bout that, illiterate tool.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

First off, Van -- why would you pull for a team owned by The Guy Who Ruined (or keeps trying to ruin) Baseball?

Rather than success, I wish him a nice toasty seat in the afterlife next to Steve Jobs... their only solace being they get to gangrape David Stern every 6 days.

And Morgan "immature"... he's 31 freaking years old.

Made a name for himself, not with his bat, but with his twatter account. Hey Nigg.... err Nyjer -- when the Poohole goes into the Hall (unless the roids keep him out), people will have long forgotten your act.

And exactly -- compare that to the class shown by Carpenter, and the Seligtards can go fuck themselves with Brian Wilson's gargantuan fists.

Go 314.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dinsdale wrote:First off, Van -- why would you pull for a team owned by The Guy Who Ruined (or keeps trying to ruin) Baseball?
You know, I hadn't even considered that angle. Does he still own them? I thought somebody else had taken over there? Fuck. I was just thinking that the Brewers have never won a WS, not under that name anyway, and they've only been to one WS during my lifetime. With the Red Sox, White Sox and Giants all recently ending their streaks, that seems to leave...hmmm...the Cubbies, Cleveland, Texas, Seattle, TB, Colorado, San Diego, Houston, Montreal/Washington...and Milwaukee.

Figured I'd just root for a small-town franchise that was still on the list. You're right, though. Selig's a cock, I hate that ugly, gray, pentitentiary-looking thing they call a stadium (especially when the roof is closed), and now they're celebrating the biggest ghetto douche in the game.

Yeah, I may have to rethink this.
Rather than success, I wish him a nice toasty seat in the afterlife next to Steve Jobs... their only solace being they get to gangrape David Stern every 6 days.
Okay, I must have missed where you described your visceral loathing of Steve Jobs. This oughtta be good. Let's hear it....
And Morgan "immature"... he's 31 freaking years old.
He's just the latest in a never-ending parade of "Dig meeeeeee!" cunt lesions that have gone a long way towards ruining my love of most modern sports.
Made a name for himself, not with his bat, but with his twatter account. Hey Nigg.... err Nyjer -- when the Poohole goes into the Hall (unless the roids keep him out), people will have long forgotten your act.

And exactly -- compare that to the class shown by Carpenter, and the Seligtards can go fuck themselves with Brian Wilson's gargantuan fists.

Go 314.
I like Ryan Braun, and I can even deal with Prince Fielder's tatted-up thug affectations, but screw it, you're right.

Sorry, Milwaukee, you'll have to wait until you no longer have Nyjer Morgan on your roster before you get to hoist another WS trophy.

Go Redbirds.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:You know, I hadn't even considered that angle. Does he still own them?
Do you even pay attention to baseball, other than when some ghetto tard makes an ass out of himself and bunches your panties? Of course you don't. And baseball is the "quintessential" team game? :meds:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:I hate that ugly, gray, pentitentiary-looking thing they call a stadium
It's actually very cool. I've been three times. An architectural marvel.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yes, Miller Park is arguably the best park in MLB. Too bad Selig buttfucked Wisky taxpayers in the mouf and a handful of people died building it.

I'd have to say is a three-way tie between Baltimore, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh for best park in baseball.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Morgan was bat shit crazy last year with the Nationals. I guess when you put a crazy guy on a winning team, he's quirky. If his team sucks, he's a cancer. I'm sure a lot of Brewer fans don't approve of his entire act. He's basically Milton Bradley on zoloft.

I was watching the Wings game but flipped over to TBS to find out what happened and the first thing I heard was him shouting "fuck yeah". I flipped the channel because it embarrassing to watch but at the same time, I figured only he would pull crap like that. He had the winning hit so obviously he was going be extra chesty and a bigger d-bag after the game.

Good for the Brewers...I got nothing against the team. My dad lives in Wisconsin and he's somewhat adopted the Brewers since he's lived there (sup Screw). I'd love a Brewers-Tigers World Series, TV execs be damned.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

BTW, anyone else notice the Brewers version of Jenn Sterger?

http://deadspin.com/5847403/brewers-gir ... nt_row-amy

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Van wrote:You know, I hadn't even considered that angle. Does he still own them?
Do you even pay attention to baseball, other than when some ghetto tard makes an ass out of himself and bunches your panties? Of course you don't.
I thought I'd read a decent while ago that Selig had sold the Brewers. As it turns out, I was correct. Selig doesn't own the Brewers anymore, and hasn't since 2005, so what are you talking about? If anything, toss your trite crap Dins's way, not mine.
And baseball is the "quintessential" team game? :meds:
Yes, it is. Since you're supposed to be a writer, why are you struggling with 'quintessential'?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Van wrote:I hate that ugly, gray, pentitentiary-looking thing they call a stadium
Perhaps, but it's an aesthetic gulag.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yes, Miller Park is arguably the best park in MLB.
Only if morons are doing the arguing. Miller Park is never listed among the best parks in MLB.
I'd have to say is a three-way tie between Baltimore, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh for best park in baseball.
Of course you would, because you are in fact the very moron referenced above. By nearly all unbiased accounts of people who've been to every ballpark, only Pittsburgh's place from among your three picks appears near the top of their lists. AT&T Park and Safeco tend to be the usual two choices.

Miller Field? Never a mention.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Perhaps, but it's an aesthetic gulag.
No, it isn't. But what would I know, I've only seen it in person. And everyone I've ever spoken to who's been there has also said it's a beautiful park. You're in the minority on this one, bud.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Actually, no, I'm not. Reviews of Miller Park—meaning critiques by people who do unbiased, comparitive analysis of these things—usually make note of the proliferation of dull gray concrete that dominates throughout the facility. Watching the games on TV, yes, this is readily apparent. Moreover, there is often a gloomy pall over the proceedings whenever the roof is closed.

Contrast these things with the overall aesthetic of places like AT&T, PNC Park or Safeco, and the difference is readily apparent. It's a great facility, yes, but when it comes to 'eye candy' the place takes a decided backseat to quite a number of other MLB ballparks.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:No, it isn't. But what would I know, I've only seen it in person. And everyone I've ever spoken to who's been there has also said it's a beautiful park. You're in the minority on this one, bud.
Who are you gonna believe? The millions of people who have seen a game at Miller Park or an agoraphobic, socially anxious shut-in who hasn't seen the light of day in over 20 years? Duh.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:meaning critiques by people who do unbiased, comparitive analysis of these things
:lol:

That's fucking rich. Got a link or anything? Of course you don't. Just shut the fuck up, idiot.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, hitching your wagon to Screw is never going to go well for you. Agoraphobic? Socially anxious? A shut-in? Silly shit like this, directed at a guy who's been married twice and who's lived a whole lot more than a crude, unskilled, perpetually single (and not by choice) cavefuck like Screwball?

Ballpark-ranking links coming...
Last edited by Van on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:a guy who's been married twice
So you're a two-time loser? Anything else we need to know?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/neel/030910.html

http://www.baseballparks.com/MLB1-30.asp

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.co ... ballparks/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3777 ... ms/page/31

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/14/best-b ... =undefined

You were saying...idiot?

I could give you a dozen more links, and they're all going to rank Miller Field midpack at best. See, these aren't merely provincial fucks like you and Screwey who use this as their ranking criteria: "Ummm, I went there, and it was purdy! My friends who went there, they thought it was cool too! Lots of people go there and like it!"

Goddamn, Mgo, this was one of the stupidest arguments you've ever made. Then trying to bluster your way through by calling me out on something so easily proven? You of all people ought to know better.

Seek a messageboard divorce from Screwball. He's a straight-up idiot whose entire 'strategy' is one of obnoxiously flailing blindly away, all the while having no clue as to what he's talking about. That's your wife here.

Anyway...you were saying?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Van wrote:a guy who's been married twice
So you're a two-time loser? Anything else we need to know?
I could add here that you're a filthy dirtbag, but it goes without saying.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Anything else we need to know?
That your spreadsheet is way out of date.

Not to open old wounds, but everyone not named Scewey seems to know that Van's first wife died in a car accident, a pain no one should know.

Show us how classy you are by piling on.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

bwaaaaa. did someone really base their ballpark rankings on links? just saying, screw's unemployment has taken him all over the country. if all you can do is sit in your basement grieving over your pretend first wive's ouch, i was run over by a car, maybe you saw it on melrose place?, then ja, i'ma go with the guy's story who's actually seen the sun these last 5.8 years.

go tigers.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, parroting Marty's classless act seems to be the only smack 'weapon' within Screwball's limited reach, so what else is to be expected?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:bwaaaaa. did someone really base their ballpark rankings on links?
Yes, someone did...at the specific behest of Mgo, who seemed to require said links as verification of what someone had related to him.
just saying, screw's unemployment has taken him all over the country. if all you can do is sit in your basement grieving over your pretend first wive's ouch, i was run over by a car, maybe you saw it on melrose place?, then ja, i'ma go with the guy's story who's actually seen the sun these last 5.8 years.

go tigers.
Truly, clueless dirtbags abound.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:Dins, parroting Marty's classless act seems to be the only smack 'weapon' within Screwball's limited reach, so what else is to be expected?
I'm a heartless bastard who will smack just about anybody for just about anything...

But even I have to draw the line somewhere.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:Mgo, hitching your wagon to Screw is never going to go well for you.
I'm not hitching my wagon to Screw. I chimed in about Miller Park before he did. Clearly, my take was based on my own personal experiences of having seen the ballpark up close and personal on three separate occasions. Perhaps it's more difficult to appreciate on television.

Doubtful I'd put it in the top 3 ballparks in the country, though top 3 ballparks that I've been to.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

unbiased
Yeah, because I have such a huuuuuuuuuuuge bias for the Milwaukee Brewers. Been a fan since a weeeee little kid.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yes, well, I'd put Candlestick in the Top Five MLB ballparks I've been to. Of course, I've only been to five.

Mgo, I didn't say you were biased. I said that informed rankings of people who are unbiased continually place Miller Field nowhere near the top. You then asked for verifying links. I provided you with quite a few, and I could offer you many more. The results will not differ.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'd put AT&T Park ahead of Miller Park, and I've never even been there. I never said Miller Park is the best structure on the planet, jeeezus, I'm sayin' it's an architectural marvel, and a really cool place to watch a ballgame, and that everyone I've spoken to who's been there has agreed. Sorry if I'm not going to put an ounce of stock in your c&p links to combat these claims of mine, from presumably a bunch of douchebags I'd also disagree with.

Oh, and Miller Park > Wrigley.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How convenient. First you insult me, insinuating that I was merely making up these ballpark rankings that placed Miller Field nowhere close to the top. Then you asked for links, smugly assuming I'd be unable to produce any because I was just making this shit up. When I produced multiple links from such disparate sources as Forbes Magazine, ESPN and fan blogs, you simply dismissed them out-of-hand since none of them agree with your limited perception.

Remember your original argument, Mgo? "I've been there, and you haven't. Whose opinion has more credibility?" That was your ace in the hole.

Yeah, well, these links are from people who've been to each and every ballpark, and they all say you and especially Screwball are sorely mistaken. Oh, and my tv screen makes it abundantly clear that yes, Miller Field does feature endless slabs of dull gray concrete and dim, gloomy lighting. I didn't need twelve different verifying sources to tell me that.

The bottom line is you thought you had easy pickings here, and you made an ass out of yourself. Along the way, Screw proved his mettle while providing M Club all the rope he needed to prove his, as well.

So, cool, at least you have that over those two miserable cunts.

Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Been to Miller Park a half dozen times and it is a real shithole. Poor man's version of Chase Field in Phoenix. And the only people more ugly and stupid than those from Wisconsin are the ones in Michigan. Terribly ignorant and Mongoloids the lot of 'em.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote: The bottom line is you thought you had easy pickings here, and you made an ass out of yourself. Along the way, Screw proved his mettle while providing M Club all the rope he needed to prove his, as well.
boo hoo, you melodramatic attention whore. someone gave a subjective opinion about a ballpark and you think you can "prove" he's wrong because some other guy who's paid to write (since that's the very definition of unbiased, right?) didn't list that same park as OMG BEST EVER!!!!!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Miller Park is the new age Skydome...a concrete spaceship with a retractable roof. I've yet to watch a game there but I grabbed lunch with my dad at the Friday's in left field during an offday during a visit. There's nothing memorable about the inside. It's about 10 minutes away from downtown so you don't have the skyline or the feel of what city you're in. County Stadium was in a dull location and they made a mistake in building that in the shadow of the old park.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Made an ass of myself? :lol:

My original contentions were twofold: 1) No, Miller Park is actually pretty cool, based on a) actually having seen it in person and 2) Everyone I've spoken to who's been there has agreed. Unless you can refute those two things, one of which is purely personal opinion, and the other being completely irrefutable, then you should promptly shut the fuck up.