Catching Hell - The Steve Bartman Story

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Catching Hell - The Steve Bartman Story

Post by Killian »

Watched this last night on ESPN. A little to heavy on the ’86 Red Sox and Buckner, but overall, a great piece about Steve Bartman and the Cubs. They talk to the people sitting right around him, the security guards that took him out of the stadium, and a few other fans that had videos from inside the stadium that night. The one thing I didn’t realize, that the people outside of the stadium wouldn’t have known who he was except one guy had a TV on his head that the mass of people were watching.

One of the best 30 for 30’s that I’ve seen.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Catching Hell - The Steve Bartman Story

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Saw this a couple weeks ago. You're right. It was way too heavy on Buckner and the Sox. Way too much. And it only took him about two fucking hours to mention Alex Gonzalez booting that grounder. It also confirmed my belief that Cubs fans are the scum of the fucking earth. Fuck the guy at the end who wouldn't apologize for his behavior EIGHT YEARS LATER. Fuck all the Cub fans who wanted a piece of some 25 y/o dork. Fuck the Cub fans that won't allow this dude to live a normal life in metro Chicago. Dude doesn't use a credit card ANYWHERE because obviously his name is on it.

I also thought one of the great stories was how the female security guard got him out of Wrigley because, as she said, if they would have let him leave the stadium as he was, he would have died. He was only 25 when this happened. That is so young and so sad.

I'd give it a 9 out of 10 though. Once he got past all the Boston self-jerking, it was actually really gripping. Like many of you, I remember exactly where I was the night this happened.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Like many of you, I remember exactly where I was the night this happened.
Jizz mopping orientation day?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nope, I was in training for jizz mopping at the time.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:And it only took him about two fucking hours to mention Alex Gonzalez booting that grounder. It also confirmed my belief that Cubs fans are the scum of the fucking earth. Fuck the guy at the end who wouldn't apologize for his behavior EIGHT YEARS LATER. Fuck all the Cub fans who wanted a piece of some 25 y/o dork. Fuck the Cub fans that won't allow this dude to live a normal life in metro Chicago. Dude doesn't use a credit card ANYWHERE because obviously his name is on it.

I also thought one of the great stories was how the female security guard got him out of Wrigley because, as she said, if they would have let him leave the stadium as he was, he would have died. He was only 25 when this happened. That is so young and so sad.
A-fucking-men on your first point. I'm pretty sure that dude won the Gold Glove in 2003, and he drops the easiest double play ball in the world. Also, Prior hung an 0-2 curveball to Pudge that he got a hit on. I think the Cubs would have melted down, regardless.

I did like the point of view from Eric Karros that they didn't blame Bartman, it was just the stupid fans. And rack that ESPN reporter who actually tracked him down for the story and apologized on behalf of Cub fans.

It pissed me off to no end to see that mouth breather in the Prior jersey throw a beer all over that kid. It didn't dawn on Bartman what happened until he got back to that lady's apartment. I had no idea that happened w/r/t that security guard.

I also liked the fact that Steve Lyons, the very next day, circled all the arms of the people who were reaching for the ball.

Also, it took Buckner 20+ years to realize the thumb of his glove had turned in? Jesus Christ.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Saw this a couple weeks ago. You're right. It was way too heavy on Buckner and the Sox. Way too much. And it only took him about two fucking hours to mention Alex Gonzalez booting that grounder. It also confirmed my belief that Cubs fans are the scum of the fucking earth. Fuck the guy at the end who wouldn't apologize for his behavior EIGHT YEARS LATER. Fuck all the Cub fans who wanted a piece of some 25 y/o dork. Fuck the Cub fans that won't allow this dude to live a normal life in metro Chicago. Dude doesn't use a credit card ANYWHERE because obviously his name is on it.
But Bartman is a Cub fan himself, so who gives a fuck?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:It didn't dawn on Bartman what happened until he got back to that lady's apartment. I had no idea that happened w/r/t that security guard.
Right, that was also extremely interesting. Even worse, he was wearing his headphones listening to the call and he STILL didn't realize what was happening until he got home. Amazing.

Gobbles, you'd think Bartman would get a clue and become a fan of WINNING baseball on the South Side, but that just shows you how fucking brainwashed dipshit Cub fans are.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:But Bartman is a Cub fan himself, so who gives a fuck?
Bartman is nothing like typical Cub fan. He actually enjoys baseball and pays attention to the game.

I thought it was pretty good. The Buckner stuff was a bit much, but it was basically like getting two 30 for 30s in one. I thought it was interesting when Alou said he and some other teammates had already started arranging flights home after they lost game 6, as they had a bad feeling about game 7. Losers, the lot of them. Fans, players, front office. Losers.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:But Bartman is a Cub fan himself, so who gives a fuck?
Bartman is nothing like typical Cub fan. He actually enjoys baseball and pays attention to the game.
amen
why is my neighborhood on fire
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Gobbles, you'd think Bartman would get a clue and become of WINNING baseball on the South Side, but that just shows you how fucking brainwashed dipshit Cub fans are.
how brainwashed most fans are in general. most people don't just up and move so they can find a new team to root for, you know. stop projecting, loser.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I thought it was interesting when Alou said he and some other teammates had already started arranging flights home after they lost game 6, as they had a bad feeling about game 7. Losers, the lot of them. Fans, players, front office. Losers.
Wow, I fucking missed that.

Just fucking wow.

Someone set Wrigley Field on fire already and just end it all.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:how brainwashed most fans are in general. most people don't just up and move so they can find a new team to root for, you know. stop projecting, loser.
I assimilate into my local cultures. Go fuck yourself you third world shitstain.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote: I assimilate into unemployment demographics. Go fuck yourself you third world shitstain.
I thought DC was as fourth-world as they game.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Much of DC is fourth world in more ways than one. Juvenile justice, foster care, public schools, just to name a few.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I thought it was interesting when Alou said he and some other teammates had already started arranging flights home after they lost game 6, as they had a bad feeling about game 7. Losers, the lot of them. Fans, players, front office. Losers.
Wow, I fucking missed that.

Just fucking wow.

Someone set Wrigley Field on fire already and just end it all.
It was him and Armis Rameriez. Latin ballplayers have almost no heart. They're playing here for the paycheck and don't give a fuck about the World Series.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Much of DC is fourth world in more ways than one. Juvenile justice, foster care, public schools, just to name a few.
Laundry rooms
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:[It was him and Armis Rameriez. Latin ballplayers have almost no heart. They're playing here for the paycheck and don't give a fuck about the World Series.
Now that you mention it, I do remember that part. It was when he was at the stadium in the DR talking about that night.

Guy pisses on his hands. Why should I be surprised?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:how brainwashed most fans are in general. most people don't just up and move so they can find a new team to root for, you know. stop projecting, loser.
Yeah, pro sports fandom is all about heart. If a mob of Tigers fans cut off your penis, you'd still remain a Tiger fan, because it's deep down in the cockles of your heart right? Dumbfuck.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

^^^^^^^^

Explains quite a bit and now we understand why you are a Nationals fan, you dickless wonder. :lol:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

you thought about a comeback all day long and that's the best you could do? use this next time:

If a mob of Tigers fans cut off your penis, you'd still remain a Tiger fan, because it's deep down in the cockles of your heart right? Dumbfuck.
that's quite the hypothetical stretch to justify the fact you're just some douchebag who reaches for the nearest swinging dick.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I assimilate into my local community, unlike tards of your ilk who have lived in Washington for 40 years but still root for the Detroit teams. Go fucking back to Detroit.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

assimilating is getting a job, paying taxes, making a couple friends, and doing your laundry in peace, not faking emotional connections at the drop of a hat.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

"Faking emotional connections?" :?

Try again.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

What would Air France think, faggot? :lol:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote:"Faking emotional connections?" :?

Try again.
mah bad. forgot your act is to resent people for actually supporting a team well beyond the expiration of their unemployment benefits.