I hesitate....Yo Schmick......

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

I hesitate....Yo Schmick......

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods Friday as I'm scheduled to broadcast the MV-Poly game. Maybe you could meet me somewhere and you could buy me lunch or something. :grin: What # is your kid so I can give him some T1B love this week.......
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: I hesitate....Yo Schmick......

Post by PSUFAN »

Schmick's response is...

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

PSUFAN wrote:Schmick's response is...

More than likely it's:

"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:shock:

Jesus, Killian!

:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Hell I'm extending the olive branch a little bit here....and trying to get a free meal and he's nowhere to be found....but the Vanster shows up.....ssssuuuupppp dawg.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Laxplayer wrote: What # is your kid so I can give him some T1B love this week.......
Just look for the kid with two black eyes...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

He is a 10th grader and is still just on the JV team, #4. Found his way in to Johnsons dog house for comments he made about the Bosco game so he may be transferring at the end of this semester.

I will be down in La Jolla for work Friday until who knows when, sorry
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Found his way in to Johnsons dog house for comments he made about the Bosco game so he may be transferring at the end of this semester.
So rather than teach your child a lesson that words have consequences and he needs to own up to what he said and be a man, you are going to allow him to transfer? Excellent parenting there, but hardly surprised based on your previously posted parenting actions.

There is the root cause of so many issues with today's kids. Parents don't discipline them for their actions, instead they point the finger at the authority figure and coddle their kids and tell them it isn't their fault. Sadly, these parents are just hurting their kids in the long run. I sadly have first hand knowledge around this and have seen it first hand. I was invited to speak to two 3rd grade classes and incorporate a math lesson into a discussion about flying. One boy was loud and disruptive and wouldn't pass along the show and tell items I brought. After a warning I told him he would have to go sit in the hall and miss the rest of the time if he didn't pass the items along and stop talking. He didn't and I sent him outside. The teacher backed up my discipline and I thought nothing more of it. Problem was the mom was pissed her kid missed out on the rest of the lesson and talk because her kid loves planes and wants to be a pilot. Next thing you know I am in a meeting with the teacher, principal and mother. I listened to her jump the teacher and principal before I read her the riot act and told her exactly what I thought of her and how I was sorry for her kid in that he had her as a mother. I also threw in that I knew the school employees couldn't say what they wanted to say less she run to the school board and try to get them fired.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

He was bummed he didn't get to go on the cross country road trip to the game in New Jersey, they said they wanted him there for the JV game vs Los Osos, he said that team sucked and he wouldn't play past the 1st half anyway. Then he said nice game to one of the 11th graders that went and played like shit which lead to a fight in the locker room. The coaches jumped his shit, still played him in the game but didn't let him suit up for the Varsity game friday. They ran him all weekend and he has been running during practice all this week, Maybe he will play tonight, maybe not. The staff pulled him off the roster sheets before last weeks game, hasn't put him back on yet. Last night he and his younger brother, who is in 8th grade this year, told my wife they both want to go to Santa Margarita, not sure how I feel about my kids getting brainwashed in a catholic school.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:not sure how I feel about my kids getting brainwashed in a catholic school.
Likely it will be far better than the brainwashing they're receiving at home.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:Next thing you know I am in a meeting with the teacher, principal and mother. I listened to her jump the teacher and principal before I read her the riot act and told her exactly what I thought of her and how I was sorry for her kid in that he had her as a mother. I also threw in that I knew the school employees couldn't say what they wanted to say less she run to the school board and try to get them fired.

:shock: :shock:

Good for you.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

No shit, rack you Lefty. I'm sure the teacher and principal wanted to say the same thing but couldn't because of exactly what you said.

So Schmick, your kid is a pussy that can't be a man and take responsibility for running his mouth? I'm shocked he would be that way. Wonder where he gets it?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

He took responsibility and whooped the 11th graders ass after the kid hit him first and has since done everything the coaches have asked of him. If he doesnt get out of the dog house in the next few weeks, I'll let him decide what he wants to do. He has 6 TDs through 3 games as a part time offensive player and is one of the leaders in tackles on the team on defense playing a position he hasn't played since he was 9. After tonight they have 6 games left on JV, he has 4 games left til he turns 15 and then hopefully he will get some Varsity time.

There are some shots of him on these rolls
http://www.missionfootball.com/docs/pop_jv_week1.html

http://www.missionfootball.com/docs/pop_jv_week2.html
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Wow, how in the world did that ball in shot 11 of week one make it on the field? That ball has seen more contact with the cement and asphalt than the tires on m2's vw van. As soon as the kicker ran onto the field with that ball I would have grabbed it and sent it right back off. What with all that money around that area this is the best equipment they have?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Each team supplied the game balls when their team was on offense. That game was in Bakersfield, ask Centennial why they chose that ball
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

So he'll go to Santa Margarita....good luck dealing with Harry. Great guy, great coach, but as old school as they come.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Laxplayer wrote:So he'll go to Santa Margarita....good luck dealing with Harry. Great guy, great coach, but as old school as they come.
Id rather they stay at Mission or if they transfer, transfer to O Lu.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So your kid would rather transfer and sit out his JR season than stay at a school where the coach disciplined him?

That logic is beyond me.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sounds like his kid suffered a severe pulled labia in that fight. That will probably keep him out for awhile.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

I know that the CIF allows a transfer after a kids freshman year. If he transfers schools and hasn't played a varsity sport he may be eligible, however I think you have to move if you're going from one public to another. if you're going from public to private then you don't have to move. Privates and publics need to be in separate divisions and leagues.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I guess academics is secondary at best when it comes to going to high school. Fuck continuity in his classwork, assuming he goes to class at all.

RACK you for raising the next Todd Marinovich. He should be a great success at whatever he does in life.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Left Seater wrote:So your kid would rather transfer and sit out his JR season than stay at a school where the coach disciplined him?

That logic is beyond me.
He wont have to sit at all, RSM and O Lu are private schools
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Mikey wrote:I guess academics is secondary at best when it comes to going to high school. Fuck continuity in his classwork, assuming he goes to class at all.

RACK you for raising the next Todd Marinovich. He should be a great success at whatever he does in life.

Has a 4.5 GPA after his freshman year and it isnt like moving to a private school is going to be for easier academics
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Laxplayer wrote:I know that the CIF allows a transfer after a kids freshman year. If he transfers schools and hasn't played a varsity sport he may be eligible, however I think you have to move if you're going from one public to another. if you're going from public to private then you don't have to move. Privates and publics need to be in separate divisions and leagues.
Lax, I know you don't poke around in Cul de Smak much, but IF you had lluevos, you'd reach out to mvscal...I hear he's from around Mission Viejo parts....He's supposed to be a chef extraordinaire so maybe he'll cook you lunch. Man up.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Lefty, now you know why I not only got out of coaching, and also gave up teaching in very good school district. What you've just said is what I had to deal with all of the time. Every teacher whether new or experienced had at least two miserable parents that want to pass the buck on to the teachers and the administrators back-stab you when you enforce standard policy.

At my school, it was so bad that we lost 10 teachers a year. Admins want their $100k/yr and the teachers at my place were constantly pulled out of classrooms to meet with the parents and the principal. 4 years of that crap I put up the white flag.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Atomic Punk wrote:Lefty, now you know why I not only got out of coaching, and also gave up teaching in very good school district.
We all know why. The "no drinking on the job" policy.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:I know that the CIF allows a transfer after a kids freshman year. If he transfers schools and hasn't played a varsity sport he may be eligible, however I think you have to move if you're going from one public to another. if you're going from public to private then you don't have to move. Privates and publics need to be in separate divisions and leagues.
Lax, I know you don't poke around in Cul de Smak much, but IF you had lluevos, you'd reach out to mvscal...I hear he's from around Mission Viejo parts....He's supposed to be a chef extraordinaire so maybe he'll cook you lunch. Man up.
That would be huevos. But who would expect anybody from SoCal to know any Spanish?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So in CA you can transfer from one school to another and still be eligible for athletics? Furthermore the publics an privates compete in the same leagues?

Freaking messed up system you have there. What's to prevent the private schools from recruiting? What's to prevent an athlete from going to another school just for athletics?

Your first move should be to separate the publics and privates. Then you should not allow transfers for athletic reasons.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisconsin used to have separate divisions for public and private schools. Now they are combined and private schools dominate the small (rural) school divisions.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Furthermore the publics an privates compete in the same leagues?

Freaking messed up system you have there. What's to prevent the private schools from recruiting?

That's how it is here.

As far as what prevents them from recruiting and offering scolarships at high dollar schools...

Nothing.

Jejuit High was named the #1 high school athletic department in the USA a few years ago (by SI or SN).

Couple years back or so, of 12 fall sports (both boys and girls), they took the title in 9 of them, or some shit like that.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Left Seater wrote:What's to prevent the private schools from recruiting? What's to prevent an athlete from going to another school just for athletics?
That's the way it is here too in Indiana. Us Texans just aren't used to this shit. I was shocked when I found that out here. Mater Dei High School wins damn near everything around here.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote:That's the way it is here too in Indiana. Us Texans just aren't used to this shit. I was shocked when I found that out here. Mater Dei High School wins damn near everything around here.
Who would win between Mater Dei and Warren Central?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Left Seater wrote:So in CA you can transfer from one school to another and still be eligible for athletics? Furthermore the publics an privates compete in the same leagues?
It happens all of the time out here in all sports. I got a transfer from a rival high school when I coached the tennis team and I had no idea who he was. If it wasn't for Robert Kendrick killing everyone my guy would have won the Valley championship. Interestingly Goobs, Kendrick got expelled from one school for drinking and transfered to another one. Clovis West kicked him out and he went to Bullard High where a few posters here went.

I actually told him when he came off the court during championships that his ball toss was 3 inches low and he gave me a scowl. Then when he went back out and slammed tennis balls into the net I saw him pause and then he acknowledged I was right and went on to kill everybody. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kendrick

The private schools play in lower division conferences and they recruit hard. DeShawn Stevenson of the Dallas Mavericks is straight out of Fresno's Washington Union High School, for example.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Well, I have learned something new today.

There are some issues with the UIL which governs HS athletics here in Texas, but at least they have their crap together on this issue. In Texas public and private schools are under different athletic associations. The public schools are all under the UIL while private schools are under TAPPS. They can play each other in non-district games, but they do not compete in the same districts or in the same playoffs.

As for the public schools they are assigned districts by the UIL every other year based on enrollment. The UIL randomly selects a day in Oct and takes the attendance at each public school in the state on that day. Then they order the schools from largest to smallest based on this attendance. Then the divide it into five equal groups. The largest 20% becomes 5A, the next 20% is 4A, etc. Then they take the 5A schools and divide those into 32 districts based on geography. They attempt to have 8 schools in each district, but will vary that based on certain issues. If for example a school district has 10 high schools all in 5A they will put them all in one district. They do this same thing for each of the levels. These districts hold for most sports and all academic and arts competitions. Some of the smaller participation sports such as men's soccer, swimming, wrestling see a combination of districts based on participation and instead of 32 statewide districts they have 16.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lefty,

Here's another one that may be new for you as it was for me when I moved to Indiana...

EVERY SCHOOL MAKES THE PLAYOFFS IN EVERY SPORT.

I shit you not. Our football team here made the playoffs the first year I moved here. I knew they had like a .500 season so I asked a freind how shitty the conference we are in here was because I knew we weren't that good. I then found out that every team makes the playoffs. One school went 0-10 a few years ago nearby and won their first 3 playoff games before getting knocked out. Their star running back was out most of the season with a broken leg and he came back for the playoffs and kicked ass. NO 0-10 team deserves to go to the postseason.

When I went to Brazoswood High School in Texas, it was an honor to even make the playoffs because you had to win your district. Since we were the only 5A school south of Houston besides Angleton High School, we had to play all the inner city 5A schools from Houston such as Pearland, Clear Lake, Clear Creek, Baytown, and typically the toughest, Willowridge.

Not the case here....everyone "gets a trophy" here and gets a chance to win state.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Left Seater wrote:What's to prevent the private schools from recruiting? What's to prevent an athlete from going to another school just for athletics?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sin,

De La Salle.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The CIF which runs High School sports in California for the public and private schools keeps them in the same divisions. Most private schools play in the small schools divisions, my cousins son is in 11th grade an goes to a school in Newport called Sage Hill, they play other small private schools or public schools out in the middle of nowhere. Then there are the larger private schools like Santa Margarita, Mater Dei, Servite, Orange Lu, Bishop Amat, Loyola and they play in the Pac 5 which is the largest division for this region, The Northern Division (north of LA) has a few private schools as well, Oaks Christian, St Bonaventure, I believe those are also 5 A schools and then you have the Inland Division which is the 5 a schools from the Inland Empire, schools like Centennial, Redlands East Valley, who my sons school plays in 2 weeks.

Any student can start at any school they want their freshman year, they can play sports as a freshman and transfer before their sophomore year to any other public school they want. If they transfer to another public school after their freshman year they have to sit out a year unless they have a change of address. If a student is at a private school they can transfer to another private school or back to a public school at any time for any reason and not have to sit out a day. Oaks Christian is a transfer factory, kids are in and out of there all the time.

My son played yesterday, had a pick and caused 2 fumbles, it was their closest game yet but they beat LB Poly 14-0 to move to 4-0, he hasn't played in a game where his team lost in 5 years now.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

at BTPCF a player cant transfer from one school to another unless Paul Dee decides he wants to tear a program down and then he will allow other schools to recruit one schools upper class men creating Free Agency in College Sports. College Coaches calling and recruiting current college sophomores and juniors, hey come to my school, Ill guarantee you playing time right away.... bring your playbook.

Check out the High School Football boards for Southern California and you will see countless threads many started by the students who are talking about the other schools coaches calling them up and recruiting them to transfer. The change of address is no problem
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I was recruited out of Junior high school to play at Cardinal Newman High in Santa Rosa, Ca. when at the time they held the state high school football record for most consecutive victories in a row at 47.

I stayed in town and played for Terra Linda High School which had always played CN for the North Coast Section finals and would lose by a few points every time they played during CN state record of wins in a row.

By my soph. and junior years we ended up winning the state 3A title two years in a row ...

R-Jack wrote:De La Salle.
Speaking of which.... they play the #2 high school team in the country (a Florida team) in Florida a couple of hours from now on ESPN2 at 5 pm Pacific time.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote: That would be huevos. But who would expect anybody from SoCal to know any Spanish?
Orale, carnale, Miguelito.
E UNUM PLURIBUS