I would have put this in the boxing forum...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

I would have put this in the boxing forum...

Post by smackaholic »

...but, it seems poptart runned it.

What do you fukkos think about mayweather's sucker punch KO?

Didn't see it on TV. Just saw a bad copy of it on someone's phone at work.

Seemed kinda cheap, IMO, but, as I said I saw it once on a bad recording and I am nothing close to being a boxing authority.

Is there some sort of official protocol on how long one must wait after the "let's get it on" glove tap?

i will say this, Ortiz's head but was anything but accidental. He definitely launched dome first into floyd's lip. so it would be understandable that he was a bit pissed.

bottom line I guess is, you're in the fukking ring, keep your mitts up and your eyes open.

hope mayweather and pacman finally stop fukking with each other and do this thing. and i also hope that little pinoi knocks the fukking black off mayweather. he is a loud mouth POS.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: I would have put this in the boxing forum...

Post by Atomic Punk »

Smackaholic, since this isn't a "spacer thread" I'm guessing it has to do with setting up a Mayweather-Pacman match as MMA has taken the money away from the likes of Don King for a big payday. That fight was fixed and any chump that had buddies over to chip in for the PPV are as stupid as you are.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

88 wrote:Just remember to make it fun for the kids. And to blitz through the A-gap on third down with both cornerbacks and the strong side safety while simultaneously releasing interior linemen to play the 3-deep cover 4 man zone. That fucks them silly every time.
Then you could just plop over on your back and start fingering your own asshole with smile of rapturous delight all over your face!

--Tarddowen
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

88 wrote:Just remember to make it fun for the kids. And to blitz through the A-gap on third down with both cornerbacks and the strong side safety while simultaneously releasing interior linemen to play the 3-deep cover 4 man zone. That fucks them silly every time.
:lol:
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Rack 88.

I've watched that knock out over and over again and have come to the conclusion that it was a legal shot, but very fucking cheap. The only thing that is odd about that whole "make-up, hug, tap gloves" exchange was the ref was looking ringside at one of the scorers. It looked as though he was motioning for the clock to restart on the round. And then, *bang* *bang*...fight over.

Mayweather has been tagged as pound-for-pound the best fighter of his era in some instances, but has felt he's never been given the same respect as Hearns, Haggler, Leonard, and co. He's always demanded more respect out of the boxing gurus, but his outside the ropes antics have hurt his reputation in that regard. Well, if he is commanding respect after that cheap shot KO, then he can forget it. The only way he can recover from this is a TKO of Pac-Man.

Love the Larry Merchant interview afterwards:

88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

According to Teddy Atlas, Ortiz wanted out of the fight. He’d had enough. Like when Tyson bit Holyfield to put an end to that fight. Ortiz intentionally head-butted Mayweather figuring he’d get DQ’d. When he didn’t get DQ’d, he hugged Mayweather but still looked at the ref like “WTF? DQ me.” Then he got popped.

I didn’t see it, that’s just what Teddy Atlas was saying today.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Teddy Atlas is a fucking moron. Scorecards were 29-28 after three rounds and Ortiz was the aggressor in the 4th and winning the round before the intentional head-butt. Mayweather, per usuallum, was very precise and effective with right jabs and crosses. He landed more power punches and total punches through those four rounds, but Ortiz definitely answered the bell in the 4th when he backed Mayweather into the ropes twice and connected on some solid combinations before his bonehead head-butt. At best you could make a case that the round was a split up until that point, but in my eyes Ortiz was winning that round.

I will say this, Ortiz's post fight interviews and pressers were a bit odd. He was all smiles and admitted he should've put his hands up, but also stated that he was confused as to what went down right after he hugged Mayweather and began backing away. Rumor is, though, Ortiz blew up in his dressing room after he left the ring and wanted to know what the fuck the ref was doing when Mayweather cheap-shotted him. Then he came back out for the post fight presser and was all smiles again and not making excuses. Very weird.

AP may be onto something here. This could be a promo thing for the Pac-man bout.

Oh yeah, Atlas does make a bit of a point when Ortiz kept trying to hug Mayweather and apologize after the ref called timeout. But then again, the ref intervened every time until he was able to deduct the point off Ortiz's card.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Like I said, I didn’t see the fight. But Teddy Atlas said that Mayweather was tagging Ortiz pretty good. Ortiz may have wanted out of the fight, regardless of the score. It’s my understanding that he went “no mas” in a previous fight. Dude might just be a quitter.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote: It’s my understanding that he went “no mas” in a previous fight. Dude might just be a quitter.
Maybe, but this was the fight of his life and biggest pay day which would've propelled him to an even bigger payday had he made it an interesting (to the cards) bout, so I don't buy it. The kid was very energetic and holding his own in the fourth, although Mayweather was clearly in control of the fight.

Like I said, Ortiz exuded strange behavior after the fight. And the headbutt just seemed so unnecessary considering the 4th round taking a turn in his favor. Maybe Atlas is right, but I just don't see it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Not sure what the uproar is about. If you don't want to receive a "cheap shot" then don't head butt a guy. Seems pretty simple to me. :?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Holyfield... intentionally head-butted.

Those words go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Heard Bernard Hopkins talking about this match yesterday. He said that going into the ring was just like “dealin’ with hos. You always got to protect yourself.”

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

In football terms, you play till you hear the whistle.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

R-Jack wrote:In football terms, you play till you hear the whistle to win the game.
ftfy.

- Herm
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...