Michael Vick gets over..

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Michael Vick gets over..

Post by jiminphilly »

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick is really back on top now.

Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles agreed on a six-year contract on Monday that again makes the Pro Bowl quarterback one of the highest-paid players in the NFL.

A league source told ESPN's Andrew Brandt the deal is worth $100 million and a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that it contains roughly $40 million guaranteed.

Vick has come a long way since spending 18 months in federal prison on dogfighting charges. He led the Eagles to the NFC East title last year, was the starting quarterback in the Pro Bowl and was the AP Comeback Player of the Year.

"I'm very happy we were able to reach an agreement with Michael on this long-term contract," Eagles coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "It's a product of all the hard work Michael has done to better himself over the last couple of years, both on and off the field. I'm very proud that he has been able to achieve success again in this league, but he'll be the first one to tell you that there is a lot of work yet to be done by him and this team as a whole.

"And there's no doubt in my mind that he will continue on that path."

Vick was due to earn slightly more than $16 million this season after the Eagles designated him the franchise player in February. He'll make a little less, possibly giving the Eagles salary cap flexibility to give Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson an extension.

The 31-year-old Vick joined the Eagles in 2009, and played sparingly as the third-string QB behind Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb.

He started last year as the backup, but forced his way into the starting role with his exceptional performances after Kolb got hurt in the season opener.

Vick, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft, once was a megastar with the Atlanta Falcons. He signed a $130 million, 10-year deal in 2005 that made him the top-paid player in the league then. But Vick lost it all when he went to jail and he eventually filed for bankruptcy.

He was reviled by fans when he came back, but has won them over with good behavior off the field, a humble attitude and spectacular play.

In the September issue of GQ, Vick says that he consulted with commissioner Roger Goodell before signing with Philadelphia.

"I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth," Vick says. "I didn't want to come to Philadelphia. Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options."

The article states: "After meeting with Commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced -- and granted league approval -- to sign with Philly."

Vick is then quoted saying: "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."
They overpaid.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Michael Vick gets over..

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I guess all the balck fans who became Vick fans after he got sent to prison can't blame the WHITE MAN anymore for holding him down.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Did they really have to go up to $100 million for this deal? I have to imagine he's the only player in NFL history to sign two contracts over $100 million. He obviously didn't see all of that money from the Falcons deal before they threw him in the clink. He's 31 and missed a couple years with prison and he was a backup his first year back...he's got decent mileage left. I'm guessing they get a few good years out of this deal before he breaks down with injury at the back end.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:Did they really have to go up to $100 million for this deal?
$40 mil is guaranteed.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
$40 mil is guaranteed.
I'm guessing the Eagles have outs up the yinyang for this one.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:I'm guessing the Eagles have outs up the yinyang for this one.
You betcho ass muthafucka!

Sin,
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
$40 mil is guaranteed.
I'm guessing the Eagles have outs up the yinyang for this one.
The standard NFL Contract has a Good Conduct Clause of which Goodell retained sole arbiter for disputes after the new CBA. He's given Vick his ONLY second chance and put his career on a "t" for Vick to hit a homerun. It only takes 1 major misstep and Vick loses a shit load of money in terms of the Eagles and the endorsements he's getting.

I don't think Vick's character will be an issue through this contract, but his ability to stay healthy will. That's why I think the Eagles overpaid.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

jiminphilly wrote:They overpaid.
For a one year wonder? Yeah, I'd say so. What a completely ridiculous contract.

I'm going get a good laugh when this shit team comes apart at the seams.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The guy I saw last season was much better than when he played in Atlanta. Did the Eagles over pay? Take a look around the league at all the garbage at QB. His contract averages 16.7 mil a year, a lot, but guys like Matt Cassel & most high QB draft picks are much more highly paid IMO compared to what they've shown. Jim WTF do you care? The guy you wanted was Kolb, :lol: who is getting a nice pay check too btw, but who's resume is much less impressive. Lets be honest, the Eagles wouldn't have done squat last season with their subpar Oline & Kolb behind center. Andy Reid knows it, hence the nice payday.

If the Eagles fail, it'll be because their Oline & LBs didn't get the job done.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:They overpaid.
For a one year wonder? Yeah, I'd say so. What a completely ridiculous contract.

I'm going get a good laugh when this shit team comes apart at the seams.
They're too good on the defensive side of the ball not to win 10 games. (insert name) Redskins QB and Sheli Manning against the Eagles secondary?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Joe in PB wrote: Jim WTF do you care?
I'd like the team to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Looks like Vick won't see anything near his 40 million guaranteed after this creditors get done with him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -contract/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

They can still collect after he declared bankruptcy?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:They can still collect after he declared bankruptcy?
Obviously he's not bankrupt anymore, asshat.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Joe in PB wrote: If the Eagles fail, it'll be because their Oline & LBs didn't get the job done.
This comment is spot on. While I hate the Eagles with a passion, my therapist has told me to let it go and reminded me its not too often a black quarterback gets the team to the promised land. If the Eagles fail it will probably be because the oline let a blitz or ten through and sidelined Vick or the LB's had hard time covering the middle of the field against RB's and TE's. I can see the Eagles being pretty aggressive on defense and I'd bet a bunch of teams are thinking screens and pick plays all day long.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Obviously he's not bankrupt anymore, asshat.
Yes, but bankruptcy typically wipes out debt and people are free to start out over again. I’ll take an opinion from one of our lawyers, not the guy who cleans up after them. Bunghole fedora.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4425724
The plan approved by Santoro was supported by all but one creditor, which is owed $13,000. It hinges on Vick liquidating an estimated $9 million in assets, including houses, boats and high-end sport utility vehicles and future NFL earnings. He would not have to pay creditors during the first year with the Eagles. If successful, creditors would be paid in six years.
Get fucked, cunt.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4425724
The plan approved by Santoro was supported by all but one creditor, which is owed $13,000. It hinges on Vick liquidating an estimated $9 million in assets, including houses, boats and high-end sport utility vehicles and future NFL earnings. He would not have to pay creditors during the first year with the Eagles. If successful, creditors would be paid in six years.
Get fucked, cunt.
You still didn’t answer the question, you legendary retard. Slip on a jizz-puddle and fracture your empty skull.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I know you're really not this obtuse in real life, you just pretend to be on this board. It's kind of like how AP runs around in women's panties. Anyway, why do you think that a bankruptcy judge and/or creditors wouldn't be involved in a publicly awarded deal like this? Yeah, he signed a binding bankruptcy deal two years ago that would have paid off his debts in six years. Don't you think, considering his high-profile and potentially lucrative employment, there would be a clause in his deal where if he came into a ton of money, it would play into his bankruptcy? Quit playing stupid and leave that up to shutyomouth.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I didn’t know anything about his bankruptcy deal. I have no personal experience with bankruptcy. I just figured he went Chapter 7, had his assets liquidated and his debts discharged.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

He'll never see all $100million. Black quarterbacks never see all of their money. Just ask McNabb.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:Yes, but bankruptcy typically wipes out debt and people are free to start out over again.
Only if you file under Chapter 7 and even under chapter 7 not all debts may be discharged. Vick filed under Chapter 11 which is more of a reorganization rather than a complete liquidation. I'm guessing he didn't pass the means test to file under c. 7.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

You obviously didn't bother to read the link I posted. Because if you did you would know that Vick's finances are under the control of a bankruptcy trustee appointed by the court that heard Vick's bankruptcy case.

Here's another article that explains it in even more depth. Try to read this one before attempting to manually plunger rape yourself again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-3 ... itors.html
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
You obviously didn't bother to read the link I posted. Because if you did you would know that Vick's finances are under the control of a bankruptcy trustee appointed by the court that heard Vick's bankruptcy case.

Here's another article that explains it in even more depth. Try to read this one before attempting to manually plunger rape yourself again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-3 ... itors.html
Like I said, bitch, I have no experience or familiarity with bankruptcy law. That’s why I asked the question. mvscal provided the most succinct answer. If you honestly believe this constituted some kind of “manual plunger rape”, well, your standards just aren’t that high.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Hi Sam. This thread is begging for your intervention: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36184
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sudden Sam wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: I'd like the team to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.
They had their chance. McNabb choked...and puked.

Worst time management in the league's history.

With the exception of the Offensive line, the team they are fielding this year is potentially better than that SB team. But the coach is the same and even with the talent they have on defense, Jim Johnson has proven to be a very difficult coach to replace.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:I have no experience or familiarity with bankruptcy law. That’s why I asked the question. mvscal provided the most succinct answer. If you honestly believe this constituted some kind of “manual plunger rape”, well, your standards just aren’t that high.
You didn't need any experience in bankruptcy law. You just needed a functioning cerebral cortex and enough common sense to read the links already posted.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I have no experience or familiarity with bankruptcy law. That’s why I asked the question. mvscal provided the most succinct answer. If you honestly believe this constituted some kind of “manual plunger rape”, well, your standards just aren’t that high.
You didn't need any experience in bankruptcy law. You just needed a functioning cerebral cortex and enough common sense to read the links already posted.
I was surprised to see that he was still paying creditors after going through bankruptcy. I assumed he would have cleared his debts. There was no explanation in the rather skimpy article as to why he was still paying creditors. Hence, my question.

I’m sorry I don’t have your familiarity with bankruptcy law, but then, I didn’t lose my job three years ago.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: I was surprised to see that he was still paying creditors after going through bankruptcy. I assumed he would have cleared his debts.
In a rather weak nutshell -- depending on the process, they factor in one's potential ability to pay down the road before they excuse debts.

With his sentence, he had a high likelihood of earning large sums when he got out... which he has.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: I was surprised to see that he was still paying creditors after going through bankruptcy. I assumed he would have cleared his debts.
In a rather weak nutshell -- depending on the process, they factor in one's potential ability to pay down the road before they excuse debts.

With his sentence, he had a high likelihood of earning large sums when he got out... which he has.
Fair enough. That's what I was looking for from the start.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:
I was surprised to see that he was still paying creditors after going through bankruptcy. I assumed he would have cleared his debts. There was no explanation in the rather skimpy article as to why he was still paying creditors. Hence, my question.

I’m sorry I don’t have your familiarity with bankruptcy law, but then, I didn’t lose my job three years ago.
It was two years ago. Update your damn spreadsheet.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown