Top 10 coaching staffs

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Top 10 coaching staffs

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

6. IOWA
BUZZ: Kirk Ferentz doesn't get enough credit for what he has accomplished at Iowa. At least half the Big Ten has better facilities and probably nine league members have a better recruiting base, but Ferentz and the Hawkeyes keep winning. Norm Parker is an excellent defensive coordinator, and offensive coordinator Ken O'Keefe has been with Ferentz a long time.
Read something recently that said every defensive starter for the 2008 Iowa team will be wearing an NFL uniform this year, as well as several of the offensive starters. Not sure what that says about the coaching staff. On one hand, they're good player developers. On the other, they went to the Outback Bowl with an NFL team.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sooner fans will recognize Justin Fuente's name for TCU. Dick Winder was an assistant for Patterson as well for the last few years.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Read something recently that said every defensive starter for the 2008 Iowa team will be wearing an NFL uniform this year, as well as several of the offensive starters. Not sure what that says about the coaching staff. On one hand, they're good player developers. On the other, they went to the Outback Bowl with an NFL team.
had jon not run himself he could explain why that is by referencing what he learned in the "theory of kirk ferentz" class he took at iowa state.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

6. IOWA
BUZZ: Kirk Ferentz doesn't get enough credit for what he has accomplished at Iowa. At least half the Big Ten has better facilities and probably nine league members have a better recruiting base, but Ferentz and the Hawkeyes keep winning. Norm Parker is an excellent defensive coordinator, and offensive coordinator Ken O'Keefe has been with Ferentz a long time.
Like the debate I had with Je....TheJON a few years ago, Iowa produces solid players, but lacks explosive athletes. How many Iowa WR's, RB's or even DB's do you see really excelling in the league?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

6. IOWA
Many of them also went to the Orange Bowl because a lot of the starters in 2008 were underclassmen.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Killian wrote:Like the debate I had with Je....TheJON a few years ago, Iowa produces solid players, but lacks explosive athletes. How many Iowa WR's, RB's or even DB's do you see really excelling in the league?
I'd agree that you're much more likely to find offensive linemen, D linemen, and LBs from Iowa in the NFL, but the other position players in the league have done pretty well too....Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene, Bob Sanders, and Tony Moeaki, just to name a few off the top of my head.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:Sooner fans will recognize Justin Fuente's name for TCU. Dick Winder was an assistant for Patterson as well for the last few years.
Of the eight teams who played in BCS Bowl games three of them had former Sooner football QBs as their offensive coordinator in their games: Oklahoma (Josh Heupel), TCU (Justin Fuente), and Arkansas (Garrick McGee).
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:
Killian wrote:Like the debate I had with Je....TheJON a few years ago, Iowa produces solid players, but lacks explosive athletes. How many Iowa WR's, RB's or even DB's do you see really excelling in the league?
I'd agree that you're much more likely to find offensive linemen, D linemen, and LBs from Iowa in the NFL, but the other position players in the league have done pretty well too....Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene, Bob Sanders, and Tony Moeaki, just to name a few off the top of my head.
Don't forget about me.

Sincerely,

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Penn State? South Carolina?