All tied up at the top of the AL East

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

M Club
el capitán

Re: All tied up at the top of the AL East

Post by M Club »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:The Twins are pretty much throwing out their AAA team . . .
Uhhh, not exactly. The Twins' AAA affiliate (in Crapchester) lost 90 games this year. In the International League.
jesus, what a stiff ass doucherag. uhhh....not literally!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This fucking team can't lose...unreal!
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Shoalzie wrote:This fucking team can't lose...unreal!

Better hope they don't meet Boston in the first round. They are pretenders with a shady lineup. Top to bottom Boston is loaded and is going to win the AL. I can already see it playing out....there will be at least one series where they go down say, 3-1 and then make a comeback to win the series. It's the way the Red Sox are in the postseason....always grinding and creating playoff memories. I think even Varitek has one last great game-winning HR left in him in the postseason.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:creating playoff memories...

Yup.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Send Beckett and Lester to the hill this time of year and it's automatic. Beckett rolled up the FlukeRays last night easy and today should be even more of a hoot with Tim on the bump against Tampa on national TV....it'll be perfect to see this overhyped Rays team get buttreamed live for all to see so that we can finally realize who the best team in the AL is. Yankees' lead is down to 3.5 by the way and with another series left between BOS/NYY and the Red Sox completely owning the Yankees this year, New York's cornholes are puckering up again :lol:

Lester will easily dispatch the Rays today 7-1
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Rays went up 3-0 in this one.

No biggie. Sawk come right back and they'll win by about 5 runs. Especially at home...they traditionally spot little leads to ankle-biters for the hell of it and then come right back and pile on.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

:lol:
Go Bucs, Gators
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

nice choke today by the Yankees to Toronto..

UH OH!! :lol:

Now they got the rest of their games vs. Tampa and the Red Sox. Let the meltdown begin.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:UH OH!! :lol:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm not really torn over how I want this to end in the AL East. My biggest thing that the Tigers don't slip behind the Rangers and not have a shot at home field in either series. If they finish 2nd to the Yankees, I'm fine with that...they'll get the wild card team and open at home. Between the two potential wild card teams...the Tigers took 3 of 4 from Tampa in August and the Sox are scuffling and if they get in, they'll be leaking oil and dragging a leg behind them over the finish line. I love the idea of the Yankees having to deal with the Rays and Sox down the stretch...magic number is 5 to win the East and they're 3-1/2 ahead of Detroit...they've got something to play for and they're playing teams with something to play for.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Toddowen wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:nice choke today by the Yankees to Toronto..

UH OH!! :lol:

Now they got the rest of their games vs. Tampa and the Red Sox. Let the meltdown begin.

The Sox down 6 in the loss column behind the Yanks.

The Rays only 1 game behind the Sox in the losses.

I'm sort of hoping that the Yanks get swept by the Rays 8)

An odd stance from your standpoint but I guess that just speaks to the depth that rivalry. You'll take losing if it eliminates the Sox.

A few losses from the Bombers works for me...Tigers just 3 back in the win column and 4 in the loss column. The Rangers are only 4-1/2 back so you can't give games away.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

They are going to get beat hard. Tampa Bay owns the Yankees and have for the last several years. But that won't matter to the BoSox. They are going to take care of business against the Os and of course against the Yankees in that final series. That will be the series where all the people burying Boston will attempt to remove their shoes from their asses when they watch the Sox lineup crush the Yankees and secure a playoff spot if not the division. Tampa beating the Yankees helps Boston in its run for the division title and a home series to open up.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Bedard had other things on his mind last night:
BOSTON – Hours before taking the mound for the reeling Red Sox against the Orioles Tuesday night at Fenway Park, pitcher Erik Bedard was served with papers in a child support case, The Post has learned.

Bedard was served with papers from Massachusetts Probate and Family Court at Fenway Park at 3 p.m. Tuesday. The papers were served by lifelong Yankees fan Tom Cabral, who was acting on behalf of Bedard’s ex-girlfriend Courtney Roberts.

“The Red Sox were very cooperative,” Cabral told The Post. “They asked me if I could serve these tomorrow because he was starting tonight. My position was, my client wants it served today, and that’s what I have to do.”

Cabral didn’t bother to hide the fact he is a Yankees fan. In fact, he proudly wore a Yankees shirt while he served Bedard the papers.

“When I walked in I was like, I’m a Yankees fan, but I’m not trying to (give you a hard time),” Cabral said. “I told him that and said, sorry, I’ve got to do this. But he said it was no problem. I handed him the copies of all the documents and he signed them.

“(The Red Sox) legal department was joking with me about it … they were saying, ‘That’s why you’re so adamant about doing it today … you’re a Yankees fan.’"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/09/2 ... z1YbCfeu5t

His line:

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Bedard 2.2 5 4 1 2 0 0 3.50
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Carl Crawford had a meltdown in the clubhouse yesterday when Globe reporters had the nerve to ask him how his stiff neck was doing... the same stiff neck that kept him out of a double-header the day before. :lol:

Heard it on WEEI this morning. It was epic. Don't have the time to find it, but it's somewhere here:

http://audio.weei.com/a/45812338/carl-c ... l+crawford
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Toddowen wrote:You cannot predict baseball, but you can't underestimate the influence of a YaFJ prediction.
That's why this stuff is hilarious. YAFJ may be trolling, but he can't control the outcome of these games. It is uncanny...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I guess the AL East isn't all tied up anymore.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Sox tie it up and will get this win over the Yankees. Tampa has a series against the yankees which will be hard, and the Red Sox have an easy series coming up. Yankees get the Tigers draw most likely and the Sox get an easy Rangers team. It's set up perfectly and don't forget that when the Sox won it all in '04 they were a wild card team. Too many weapons both on the mound and at the dish for anyone to fuck with.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I would love for the Yankees to throw these two games to the Rays just to keep the Blow Sux out of the playoffs. The Yankees should call-up their worse Class A pitcher and start him tomorrow.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

With Bedard and TBD going in the last two games...Beckett needs to save the Sox's asses tonight. A win at least eliminates the Angels but for my selfish Tigers' sake...keep the Angels alive for one more day so they have a reason to be the Rangers tonight to stay alive and allow the Tigers to get back into a tie and a shot at home field in the ALDS. The Angels are going for broke with Haren, Santana and Weaver to pitch the Rangers series. Shields vs. something called Noesi in the Rays-Yanks game...put my money on Tampa.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "All tied up at the second-to-top of the AL East"?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Great drama to close this out...Rays come back from down 7-0, Sox-O's back at it after a rain delay and Braves-Phillies in extras with the Cards waiting to find out if their next game will be in St. Louis or Philadelphia.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I honestly can't believe the last time the last day of the regular season was so busy. Rack baseball.

And fuck M Cunt.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

bwaaaaaa
Screw_Michigan wrote:Sucks to be you, Yankee and Tiger fan.
agreed on the baseball racks.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Simply amazing stuff...I'm so excited for the playoffs!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Fuckin A

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A wise (but sad) fanbase once said...there's always next year.

:lol:

Yeah, I was on the Sox jock early in the year but I did not expect a complete meltdown as well as some of the injuries. The Braves should be thankful that they're the second biggest chokers in baseball this year.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Fucking rack :lol:

Edit: Just returned from the game...lol
jerkoff
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Absolutely priceless.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dear Mr YaFJ,

STFU.

please.

sin,

theo epstein
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

If it wasn't for that bullshit rain delay and the Yankees resting their starters the Red Sox would be in the playoffs squaring off against Texas who they are better than. It's a good thing MLB is adding another wild card spot soon because Boston shouldn't be sitting at home this year. You can't tell me that the Rangers and Tigers are better than the Red Sox. And Boston owned the season series against the Yankees AND Tigers this year. Selig needs to fix this shit and stop scheduling all these bullshit road games for Boston at the end of the season and catering to the Yankees.

I may not even watch this postseason just out of protest. Selig is a dumbass who can't get anything right.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:If it wasn't for that bullshit rain delay and the Yankees resting their starters the Red Sox would be in the playoffs squaring off against Texas who they are better than. It's a good thing MLB is adding another wild card spot soon because Boston shouldn't be sitting at home this year. You can't tell me that the Rangers and Tigers are better than the Red Sox. And Boston owned the season series against the Yankees AND Tigers this year. Selig needs to fix this shit and stop scheduling all these bullshit road games for Boston at the end of the season and catering to the Yankees.

I may not even watch this postseason just out of protest. Selig is a dumbass who can't get anything right.
dear mr YaFJ,

STFU

sin,

everybody else
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:A wise (but sad) fanbase once said...there's always next year.

Bwahah! Look at the tard with the Dodger hat.

Heard at the 2009 Blow Sux-Nationals exhibition game:

"LET'S GO RED SOX!"

"YOU'RE FROM FAIRFAX!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Boston shouldn't be sitting at home this year.
Weren't you the guy who in April said the Blowsox were built for September?

7-20 :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:A wise (but sad) fanbase once said...there's always next year.

Bwahah! Look at the tard with the Dodger hat.

Heard at the 2009 Blow Sux-Nationals exhibition game:

"LET'S GO RED SOX!"

"YOU'RE FROM FAIRFAX!"
and what's with wrong color team jerseys? is the green an irish thing?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

War Wagon wrote:

They are built for September. Great rotation, Papelbon, veteran lineup, 2-time WS winning manager....that's a fact. Too many injuries plus that bullshit rain delay in the last game. I am positive that if they had gotten in they would have run the table.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:and what's with wrong color team jerseys? is the green an irish thing?
Yes. Lots of teams do the green jersey but Blow Sux fans seem to take special pride in them. Faggots, the lot of them.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

They are built for September. Great rotation, Papelbon, veteran lineup, 2-time WS winning manager....that's a fact. Too many injuries plus that bullshit rain delay in the last game. I am positive that if they had gotten in they would have run the table.
There was a 29 day rain delay?

Couldn't have happend to a nicer douche than Papplebon. The worst team in the East just prevented you from making the post season.

Way to finish.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The Sux are a team that can run the table in the playoffs, but a little bit of rain and the Orioles are too much to overcome? :lol:

Never mind suggesting the Yanks lied down for the Rays. The O's pulled some dude out of the clink to pitch and the Sux still couldn't break it open.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

To be fair, if this thing went to a one gamer, it would've been a raw deal for Boston. Play a rain delayed night game in Baltimore and fly down to Tampa for a noon game? I would've given them props if they actually pulled that off and got in.

Of course they spit the bit so the point is moot.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Absolutely priceless.

Indeed.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)